New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] "Look, whatever you're thinking, do me a favor; don't let go."

Something that occurs to me about the special material mythos and their upgrades. Do Syntrofos keep the effects of the Exceptional mythos after they've upgraded to the effects of their Legendary mythos? To rephrase, does a Syntrofos keep the properties of Adamantine after they've been upgraded to Adamant?
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: [3.5] "Look, whatever you're thinking, do me a favor; don't let go."

Based on the phrasing of The Supernal Emperor of Metals, I would say so, as it specifically mentions where some of its own Orichalcum properties overwrite the properties of the base Alchemical Gold.

3. - Top - End - #153

I'm torn here. Would you guys rather see a pair of Syntrofos mythos for Abyssal Bloodiron or Viridium?
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    I'm torn here. Would you guys rather see a pair of Syntrofos mythos for Abyssal Bloodiron or Viridium?
    I only know about Abyssal Bloodiron and its counterpart Baatorian Green Steel.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

5. - Top - End - #155

I'm posting the Exceptional mythos so I can get a little feedback; I've never really had the eye for balance. Once any necessary changes have been made, I'll get started on the Legendary upgrade.

EDIT: Updated Version Below.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2015-07-16 at 09:59 PM.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Inevitable Sweet-Meat Procurement: Whenever you or your wielder confirm a critical hit, or roll damage in excess of half your maximum damage, you reduce your target's AC by 2 for each tier of mythos you have access to. This only affects the following bonus types: armor, shield, and natural. In the case of the latter, the target may succeed on a Fortitude save to negate this effect. Any given creature can suffer from this only once per encounter.
    How long does this AC reduction last? If they succeed on their saving throw, are they safe from this ability for the rest of the encounter?

Flaying The Pure Flesh: Attacks made with you overcome any Damage Reduction that requires one of Chaotic or Evil, and something else. In addition, the first time you successfully deal damage to a creature of Lawful or Good alignment in an encounter, they must make a Fortitude save or be Sickened for a number of rounds equal to the highest tier of mythos you have access to (1 for Exceptional, 2 for Fantastic, etc). If you or your wielder confirm a critical hit against a Lawful or Good creature, they are Nauseated for a like amount of time.
    The first line could probably be worded better. Right now it sounds like it would overcome 'DR 10/Evil and Magic' but not 'DR 10/Evil', which I don't think was your intention.

Does the Nauseated effect replace the Sickening effect when you confirm a crit on the first hit against a Lawful or Good creature in an encounter? Or does it work every time you confirm a crit against a Lawful or Good creature and the two effects are unrelated?

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    How long does this AC reduction last? If they succeed on their saving throw, are they safe from this ability for the rest of the encounter?
    It's supposed to be until the end of the encounter, and they are safe if they make their save.

The first line could probably be worded better. Right now it sounds like it would overcome 'DR 10/Evil and Magic' but not 'DR 10/Evil', which I don't think was your intention.
    I'll fix that.

Does the Nauseated effect replace the Sickening effect when you confirm a crit on the first hit against a Lawful or Good creature in an encounter? Or does it work every time you confirm a crit against a Lawful or Good creature and the two effects are unrelated?
    It will replace the Sickened effect in that case.

Other than those issues though, how does it look?

While I've got you, how does the Syntrofos work with really WEIRD weapons? I found something last night called the Stingchuck. It's a disembodied humanoid head that's had the brain scooped out and replaced with a bunch of stinging and biting insects. It was designed to, when thrown, burst and unleash the insects on all within the area.

How would the Syntrofos handle something like that?
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Other than those issues though, how does it look?
    I'm still looking at it, but it looks pretty cool.

While I've got you, how does the Syntrofos work with really WEIRD weapons? I found something last night called the Stingchuck. It's a disembodied humanoid head that's had the brain scooped out and replaced with a bunch of stinging and biting insects. It was designed to, when thrown, burst and unleash the insects on all within the area.

How would the Syntrofos handle something like that?
    I guess the easy answer is to say that a Syntrofos can't be a weird single-use weapon. But I think the better answer is to say that it most certainly can, but it obviously dies once that one use is up.

"Come on, man! This is my time to shine! Throw me at that goblin!"

9. - Top - End - #159

Here's the latest version. Also, what other materials is the Abyss known for? I was going to say Brimstone, but that's Hell. So... myeh?

From The Depths Of Wicked Hate
    Prerequisite: -
    [Reforged]

You take on the properties of Abyssal Bloodiron. Your base hardness becomes 10 if it was not already higher.

Furthermore, you are better than lesser weapons forged from Abyssal Bloodiron. Your hunger for indiscriminate carnage multiplies your killing potential exponentially; your damage increases by one step, and you gain the Maiming quality, which you manifest as an Extraordinary ability.

Advanced
    Heart-Seeking Malevolence: A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, if an attack your wielder makes with you misses, you may immediately attempt an attack of your own against the same target.

Inevitable Sweet-Meat Procurement: Whenever you or your wielder confirm a critical hit, or roll damage in excess of half your maximum damage, you reduce your target's AC by 2 for each tier of mythos you have access to; this reduction lasts until the end of the encounter. This only affects the following bonus types: armor, shield, and natural. In the case of the latter, the target may succeed on a Fortitude save to negate this effect, immunizing them against this ability for the rest of the encounter.. Any given creature can suffer from this only once per encounter.

Flaying The Pure Flesh: Attacks made with you overcome any Damage Reduction that requires one or both of Chaotic or Evil; if a creature's Damage Reduction requires Chaotic or Evil and something else, you still overcome it, even if you do not possess the second component. In addition, the first time you successfully deal damage to a creature of Lawful or Good alignment in an encounter, they must make a Fortitude save or be Sickened for a number of rounds equal to the highest tier of mythos you have access to (1 for Exceptional, 2 for Fantastic, etc). If you or your wielder confirm a critical hit against a Lawful or Good creature, they are Nauseated for a like amount of time; this condition replaces the Sickened state if the first hit is a confirmed critical.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

You can always make up new materials. I like doing so, at least.

11. - Top - End - #161

Alright... Um... Goresteel. Boom. Done.

Wow... that was easy.

And the mythos will be: A Torrent Of Steaming Viscera.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2015-07-16 at 11:13 PM.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, I'll throw my hat into the [Reforged] ring. Roaming Iaclul, a metal I made up originating from the Roaming City in Bytopia.

Meandering Boulevard Of Glory
    [Reforged]
    Prerequisites: -

You are made from Roaming Iaclul, a rare metal found in the leavings of the enormous iron steers that carry the Roaming City of Bytopia. None can tell where you will go, for you twist and turn with each thrust or swing, seemingly against any will.

Your hardness increases to 15, if it wasn't higher than that already.

You are better than other Roaming Iaclul weapons. Whenever you use your turn to attack, your foe is treated as flat-footed, and when you use your turn to defend your wielder, you may use your roll twice instead of once.

Advanced:
    Diviner's Ruling Path: When you attack a foe that is already flat-footed, they take an additional +1d8+1 damage for every 3 levels you have.

Infallible Vagabond Blade: When your wielder moves more than 10 feet in a single round, they deal an additional +1d6 damage and gain +1 AC. These increase by +1d6 and +1 respectively at 4th level and every three levels thereafter.

Unstoppable Beast Material: When you use your turn to defend your wielder, you increase your critical threat range by 2. If you roll a critical threat on the roll made to take the place of your wielder's AC, you add +2 to the final result and may use that final result in place of our wielder's AC four times instead of two. If your wielder is attacked fewer than four times before your next turn, you can use a full-round action to keep the same roll until the next turn, after which the result expires.

13. - Top - End - #163

Alright. Got the Legendary upgrade.

A Torrent Of Steaming Viscera
    Prerequisite: The 'From The Depths Of Wicked Hate' mythos
    [Reforged]

The Reforging process must take place within the 558th layer of the Abyss, home of the Fleshforges. With either the blessing of the demon lord Dwiergus, or with you and your wielder's own power, you must journey deep into the boil flesh-pits and be baptized, broken down, reforged, and cooled with and within the vile components found therein.

You take on the properties of Goresteel, the Demon Emperor's latest attempt to create a metal on par with that most heinous Spear that pierced his ephemeral flesh long ago. Your base Hardness becomes 20 if it was no already higher, and you completely bypass Hardness of 20 or less when used to attack an object. Maiming just isn't enough for you anymore; you must brutalize your victims to such an extent that nothing is left of them but a chunky smear. Your critical multiplier increases by one, and the size of the bonus dice from your Maiming quality increases by one (d6 to d8 usually). No creature is safe from your killing edge, allowing you to make critical hits against those normally immune to them.

Furthermore, you gain the Bloodfeeding quality, able to hold 20 blood points instead of only 10; you are also able to spend 10 at a time rather than just 5. In addition, your new composition allows you to tear your foes' innards asunder with force of will alone. By focusing on an opponent within 60 feet, and spending any amount of blood points, you force them to make a Fortitude saving throw. If they fail, they take 1d6 damage per blood point spend, and are Dazed for 1 round. If they succeed, they take half damage, and are immune to this ability for the rest of the encounter. If you spend all 20 of your blood points at once, the target dies instantly on a failed save. If a creature is killed by this, their innards burst from their body, fly to your location, and cling to you. You are healed an amount equal to half the target's hit die; if you were at full hit points at the time, these instead become temporary hit points.

Edit: Should the Syntrofos be able to just boost the Bellator's martial discipline mythos, allowing their wielder too activate those techniques?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2015-07-17 at 06:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

From what i can tell, this class, race, thing doesn't restrict magic item, aside from having non-abilities in Strength, Con, and Dex. Was this intended?
    If not, what are they supposed to spend their share of the loot on?
    It the answer is "their class features", that's kinda lame.

On that note. I'm pretty sure you mean that they gain mythos as they level up, and that's not simply their 'mythos capacity', and therefore can actually spend money to become more powerful weapons. Am I right?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    From what i can tell, this class, race, thing doesn't restrict magic item, aside from having non-abilities in Strength, Con, and Dex. Was this intended?
    If not, what are they supposed to spend their share of the loot on?
    It the answer is "their class features", that's kinda lame.

On that note. I'm pretty sure you mean that they gain mythos as they level up, and that's not simply their 'mythos capacity', and therefore can actually spend money to become more powerful weapons. Am I right?
    That is the general assumption for all mythos classes.
    Join the discord linked in the index for further queries.
    Mythos Index
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2018-08-20 at 04:15 PM.

My Homebrew: Here
    Competitions and Substystem Compendium: Here
    Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

ah helooo you guys necroing a threat right know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

confused Re: [3.5] "Look, whatever you're thinking, do me a favor; don't let go."

Looks like it's been years since this was last updated. Has this since been moved elsewhere or has it simply been abandoned?