New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Roleplaying Equivalent of Scrubs - What Are They Called?

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Gentlemen, you're in a definitional argument with someone who's refusing to accept the commonly held definition of a term.
    You're not going to win this one.
    I don't know, now that Segev's broken out the formal definitions I think this is going somewhere interesting. Productive? No. Interesting? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ha! Efficiency? I procrastinate for weeks on something then get it done by the last minute, all my interests are some form of art, I get good grades on tests I don't study for, I'm completely inefficient and unoptimized! Even I'm confused as to how I succeed half the time! I'm unoptimized AT LIFE. Cause I'm pretty sure if I was optimized at life, I'd a busy study-guy with specific skills applicable to a high-paying job who would be good at math AND good social skills to boot! But I'm not, I'm me. Too bad. I just have to make do.

but this is getting off topic and sort of too much about me, when its supposed to be about something else...I think sponges or something? Time to go.

*makes an exit by doing a triple mental somersault through ten rings of emotions, bouncing off a trampoline of whimsy, flipping around a horizontal-hand pole thing to launch herself off the hook of thought in a most outrageous manner to land in the pool of dreams*

and Raziere wins the Mental Olympics Medal! GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!!!!

*cheering crowds, cheering crowds* V: YAAAY! I'M A FEY!
    ...Told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    (Also, on an unrelated note, with how often we've been saying it here, 'optimize' is starting to sound weird )
    So what you're saying is that we're employing a suboptimal frequency of synonyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    ......... Im just gonna check that all off on being a fey and think no more on it.

Oh.

WHERE DID YOU AND MESCHLUM GO LAST NIGHT, RAZ? YOU DRANK THE CELESTIAL WINE, DIDN'T YOU!?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Roleplaying Equivalent of Scrubs - What Are They Called?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Choosing a race != basing character creation decisions on the mechanics of the race chosen. You are confusing correlation and causation. Just because someone wants to play an elf does not mean they want a trancing frail agile sleep immune multicentenarian.
    But it probably means they are willing to play one, and that other aspects of the elven race did appeal. Otherwise, why choose it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    WHERE DID YOU AND MESCHLUM GO LAST NIGHT, RAZ? YOU DRANK THE CELESTIAL WINE, DIDN'T YOU!?
    Yeah. That was, um, totally them. Keep pointing accusingly at them while I, er, am definitely not sneaking some Catafrat-boys out of Creation with those barrels that you only think bear Yu Shan's stamp.

I'm pretty sure Meschlum can take it; he's probably got an Oneiromancy up or something.