New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Start of Darkness

Number 8524, still waiting for even a confirmation email, and rapidly running out of patience. I went ahead with the pre-order instead of supporting my FLGS because I wanted to read the book before the friendly local gamers spoiled the ending for me. That others have already completed the book while I have not even recieved notice of shipping yet is distressing. Oh, and since it's apparently of great concern to our Canadian friend, I'm right here in the States not getting my book. So I would say, no it doesn't seem like US customers are getting any sort of priority.
    3rd member of the Roy Fanclub

Because Roy is better than Miko.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Oy. Like the Burlew said: Pretty much all of them were shipped on Monday and Tuesday. It is just a case of glitches in the system that you didn't get your email.
    Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I didn't order my copy through APE, I ordered through Paizo - and they are still listing it as a preorder item with no clear indication of when it will ship.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by holywhippet View Post
    I didn't order my copy through APE, I ordered through Paizo - and they are still listing it as a preorder item with no clear indication of when it will ship.
    I pre-ordered through APE, but so far it hasn't arrived here in Germany yet. *drums fingers*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardia View Post
    Well, if you spent the main part of your career seeing ungodly monstrosities, violations of the laws of physics, occasionally coming back from the dead, being attacked by creatures natural and unnatural, chased by things a hundred times your size, etc, etc...I'd see the need for some stress release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilargh View Post
    "Laughter", while a necessary part of the word "manslaughter", is considered poor taste when committing the act itself.

5. - Top - End - #335

SamuraiGuy

I have my book and stayed up late last night reading. It was so sad. The best thing is that it makes me now want to go back and reread everything....

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Still haven't recieved a confirmation email that it has shipped and have not recieved the book yet (order #8562). I should have recieved it Wednesday or Thursday, and mail came today and went and still no book. Guess I will give them email them again to make sure it has shipped. (they sent me an email originally when I ordered it so I know they have the correct email.)
    Last edited by Vorais; 2007-06-29 at 10:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just got my confirmation email! (#8292)

Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
    Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
    Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
    Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
    Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
    Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
    Happy Happy! Joy Joy Joy!

Multiply that by about a million when the book actually arrives

8. - Top - End - #338

BarbarianGuy

To answer my own question:

It originated in Texas. So estimate arrival times from that.
    Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

International should have left the us on the 27 th

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

I just got my confirmation email it shipped today.

NOTE: My first post typed on my new Dvorak keyboard! Yay!
    Cekiatar

11. - Top - End - #341

RedWizardGuy

Just got my shipping notice. Hooray for APE!
    3rd member of the Roy Fanclub

Because Roy is better than Miko.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

Got mine two days ago.

Loved the book. Quality of the printing wasn't as high on one of my copies :( The plastic cover was peeling slightly and the color pages seem to have stuck together. The other one was clean. Not enough to send it back, but you should complain to your printer, Rich.

It's really a very tragic story. And Xykon is so... evil. Can't wait for Roy to get resurrected to go beat his butt.
    Seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses float inconspicuously around the inside of hangar ninety six. I say that they are inconspicuous because it is their arms and legs which demand my attention. I did this, or I could have stopped it.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

Got mine! ::does a victory dance:: APE Games Order #6472, if anyone was wondering. Must go read now!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ah, the joy that USPS brings to my door...

Preordered through APE, since Rich made it clear they'd be getting it first... I don't know if I'd have saved a buck or two going through Paizo, but I figured I wouldn't take a chance.

FYI, received my shipping confirmation on 6/26... order 6363.

Now... must read.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

On Jun 28, 2007 2:50 AM, I got my confirmation email:

Quote Originally Posted by APE Games
    Your order 6537 was shipped to you on 06/26/2007 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, Flat Rate Env
    Still waiting....

However, I'm glad
    1) Rich posted something about it, thus relieving my anxiety
    and
    2) I got a confirmation email from APE games. That's professional of them.

16. - Top - End - #346

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

Just got mine!!!

can't wait to read it tonight when I go to bed.

yes, it's my bedtime story.. bite my fuzzy butt.

Order # 7010 for those who are curious.

They are coming from TX in priority mail, so give them four days from shipping date before questioning.

17. - Top - End - #347

ElfMonkGuy

Man, all the order numbers I've seen so far are so low. Mine's 9088. Did they really print the thousands of books it seems like they'll need to fill everybody's orders?

18. - Top - End - #348

PaladinGuy

I was order 6215, and my book arrived Wednesday(along with the rest of the OotS books I ordered).

Not an ounce of disappointment with it, at all. Very, very well done.
    Last edited by Suraht; 2007-06-30 at 02:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349

Planetar

Does anyone know if Paizo is destined to see any of these sometime this year? My wife pre-ordered it for my birthday (back on the 6th) from Paizo since she had gotten the first 3 books from there- they don't appear to even have confirmed that it's shipping yet.
    Last edited by Lord_Jadawin; 2007-06-30 at 09:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Jadawin View Post
    Does anyone know if Paizo is destined to see any of these sometime this year? My wife pre-ordered it for my birthday (back on the 6th) from Paizo since she had gotten the first 3 books from there- they don't appear to even have confirmed that it's shipping yet.
    Rich has stated that Paizo has no relationship with GITP anymore, so they won't get the books until any other store that has ordered them will. They aren't his distributor anymore, that's why he sends people to APE now.

I don't know what happened there, but they must have stopped working together. I think Paizo probably isn't advertising that fact because they will still get orders from innocent folks like you who think that they will get their book faster by ordering from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtoes View Post
    Preordered through APE, since Rich made it clear they'd be getting it first... I don't know if I'd have saved a buck or two going through Paizo, but I figured I wouldn't take a chance.
    It appears you chose...wisely.
    Last edited by SPoD; 2007-06-30 at 09:14 AM.
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dalenthas View Post
    How large was the print run? In other words, what are the chances of getting it without a preorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
    Man, all the order numbers I've seen so far are so low. Mine's 9088. Did they really print the thousands of books it seems like they'll need to fill everybody's orders?
    To answer both of these questions, the first print run was 15,000 copies, and we intend to continue reprinting it as necessary when that runs out. At least for a few years. There's no danger of it running out in the preorders, we had a good idea of the number of preorders before we gave the printer the final quantity.

Also, order number is not an indication of how many were presold. We didn't presell 9088 copies, I can assure you!
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also, order number is not an indication of how many were presold. We didn't presell 9088 copies, I can assure you!
    Rats, I thought it was great there were so many preorders. Oh well.

Resident Meatloafologist.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353

ElfMonkGuy

To answer both of these questions, the first print run was 15,000 copies, and we intend to continue reprinting it as necessary when that runs out. At least for a few years. There's no danger of it running out in the preorders, we had a good idea of the number of preorders before we gave the printer the final quantity.
    Awesome. I had no idea print runs were so large.

At first I thought that, since other orders were in the 6000-range, it indicated that you had at least presold 3000 copies. But then I realized that people probably order other things from APE Games too, and they probably don't have separate order numbers for each product, so that probably includes lots of other orders for non-OOTS products too.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    Rich has stated that Paizo has no relationship with GITP anymore, so they won't get the books until any other store that has ordered them will. They aren't his distributor anymore, that's why he sends people to APE now.

I don't know what happened there, but they must have stopped working together. I think Paizo probably isn't advertising that fact because they will still get orders from innocent folks like you who think that they will get their book faster by ordering from them.
    Looks like I got the big bone, then. Start of Darkness was the #1 and #2 most popular item they sold since it was announced, dropping to #3 just this last week. I assumed that Paizo would be getting the books at the same time, directly shipped from the printer. I ordered it back in April, and the Paizo web site still hasn't update when they will be receiving it.

Bummer.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

25. - Top - End - #355

Nevermind, wrong forum thread. Sorry.
    Last edited by darkgolem; 2007-07-01 at 08:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356

I want to know what happened to the 15,000 copy's of start of darkness that did not have any color. They could not have been simply thrown out, you should get a discount for them or maybe we could send the to 3rd world country's (that read English). Could they at least be recycled? It would be a terrible waist to have them all be throw away.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep." - Ben Franklen

Much praise to Ceika for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #357

NecromancerGuy

Just for information, I made my pre-order with APE on April 11, and my book arrived yesterday, June 30th (saturday). I live in the Netherlands, so I guess that pre-orders from Europe should be arriving presently...

...and I read the book in one sitting, and it is absolutely awesome.
    JoseB

o/` Ooooh, sweet mystery of liiiiiIIIIIiiife... o/`

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I want to know what happened to the 15,000 copy's of start of darkness that did not have any color. They could not have been simply thrown out, you should get a discount for them or maybe we could send the to 3rd world country's (that read English). Could they at least be recycled? It would be a terrible waist to have them all be throw away.
    I would suspect that anybody reading an english webcomic in most third world countries would have more than sufficient funds to pay for a proper print. I also suspect that selling the same content for a lesser price would hurt the main sale. I do hope that the paper gets recycled, though.

PS: My own order was 8213, and has been marked by the USPS as 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' since the 27th, I guess I'll have to wait a few more days at least. Possibly a few weeks.
    Last edited by Irenaeus; 2007-07-01 at 12:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by Irenaeus View Post
    I would suspect that anybody reading an english webcomic in most third world countries would have more than sufficient funds to pay for a proper print. I also suspect that selling the same content for a lesser price would hurt the main sale. I do hope that the paper gets recycled, though.

PS: My own order was 8213, and has been marked by the USPS as 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' since the 27th, I guess I'll have to wait a few more days at least. Possibly a few weeks.
    I was sort of joking about having them sent to 3rd world country's. And your right about selling it for a lower price, but can the material they were made from be recycled? I would very much so like to know the fate of them.
    By the way Irenaeus, is your avatar godman? Or am I wrong.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep." - Ben Franklen

Much praise to Ceika for the avatar!

30. - Top - End - #360

I was sort of joking about having them sent to 3rd world country's. And your right about selling it for a lower price, but can the material they were made from be recycled? I would very much so like to know the fate of them.
    Oh. Gotcha. I don't really know anything about American recycling systems. The books most certainly can be recycled, so hopefully the local system can accomodate them somehow.

I'll have to admit, though, that destroying books (even if they are misprints, even if it is done before they have hit the marked, even if it is done by the author, and even if they are recycled) makes me cringe. Just some sort of knee-jerk reaction I suppose.

By the way Irenaeus, is your avatar godman? Or am I wrong.
    You are correct. It is a picture of Godman showing his incredible power of omnipotence by ripping a phone book in two. That fits rather neatly with our discussion, by the way.