New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default If i have €60 and wants to spend it on Steam or Nintendo store...

...What should I get?

You alll pretty much know what kind of games I usually play, I think?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: If i have €60 and wants to spend it on Steam or Nintendo store...

No, but it would also help if we knew what you already had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Well,
    Here's my steam library.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

You take a look at Borderlands 1.5. Borderlands 2 is still the superior game, but the Pre-Sequel has a lot to recommend it: removed a lot of the extraneous maps that 2 had but still keeps the heart of the shoot scavs and take their stuff gameplay and the humor is largely intact (though with a decidedly Australian bent rather than American). I haven't finished it yet, but it's probably going to clock in at longer than the original but not as long as 2, which for me is perfect since 2 was so long that I had to take a break in the middle of playing it or risk getting burned out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

I wish I'd been able to put as much time into Shadowrun and XCom as you have...

You have the ones I was going to suggest (Pillars and Divinity) already.

Have you tried some Telltale Adventure Games? particularly Walking Dead and Tales From The Borderlands.

Also, before you spend anything, check out G2A for discounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Well,
    Here's my steam library.
    If you like Divinity: Original Sin's lore and stuff, Divinity: Dragon Knight Saga and Dragon Commander are worth checking out. They are different genres (Dragon Knight is action RPG, Commander is a sort of grand strategy/RTS mix) but Larian does a good job of making them have a very similar feel in terms of the fluff.

You have CKII but not EUIV, which is a deadly sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I am not really into the the EU games. Admittedly the last one I played was II.

Borderlands was not really to my liking either, mostly because of the constant respawning, MMO style. When I clean an area I want it to remain cleaned.

8. - Top - End - #8

BlackDragon

The respawning enemies in Borderlands is more Diablo 2-style than MMO-style, I'd say, and largely for the same reason: it's a loot game at its core, and you want as many chances to get loot as possible! If grinding enemies for phat lewtz is not your style of game then the Borderlands series probably isn't for you.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The respawning enemies in Borderlands is more Diablo 2-style than MMO-style, I'd say, and largely for the same reason: it's a loot game at its core, and you want as many chances to get loot as possible! If grinding enemies for phat lewtz is not your style of game then the Borderlands series probably isn't for you.
    Actually he's right, it is closer to an MMO. In Diablo, enemies only return if you recreate the whole session (or if you recreate a sub-session, like a cow level or rift.). Within a particular game, you can in fact clear every level and the baddies there will stay dead until you quit.

In Borderlands though, they do pop back up apropos of nothing. And loot rarely comes from mobs anyway - more often, powerful guns are found in chests and stores. There's no real reason for the mobs to come back except to make revisiting old areas a slog, especially when you're just revisiting that area to get at the one quest area you missed in the corner but every monster between your entry point and your mission marker has come back to life. On top of which, even monsters so far below you that they barely give any XP at all can pose a threat in large numbers, so even ignoring them all and sprinting through can be dangerous. Driving through is better, but vehicles don't scale with level, so your car's armor can be just as tissue paper as it was 15 levels ago.

So I can see why BL design can be frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I finally got around to buy Wasteland 2...