New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Home 20: Refurbished

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another, or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM the creator of this thread and they will post the location in the OP.

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post: It's important that there is a clear way to differentiate the locations in a meta-thread. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it: A residence cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in, burn it down, knock on the door, etc., but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. Players are permitted to make additional OoC rules, if they want, that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice: If there are any disagreements between players please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

Locations
    Spoiler
    Show
    75 Ocean Rd: horngeek
    Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts.

134 Ninja Drive: Mindfreak586
    A 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja.

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight
    Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky.

154 Oceanside Drive: Felandria
    An abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.
    Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.

4224 Wing House: Gimliggamer
    Home of George Kingsley.

Agony's Lair: Flaming Eagle, The Alexandrian
    Home of the supervillainess Agony (formerly known as Rochelle Hawkins), the Empress of Pain and Torment. Living with her is her AMEN handler, Nicole. An ominous-looking floating fortress big enough to be a small planet. The main lair itself is underground, in the centre. There, the throne room, the torture room, the ladies themselves and their thralls can be found.
    People can visit only if allowed by the Empress herself.
    Designed with this image as a base:

Al's Lab: ApeofLight, KerfuffleMach2
    Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts.

Alhana's Dwelling: Viera Champion
    In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom.

Basil's Cabin: Wolfbane, Happyturtle
    In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans.

Brendan's Upstairs: Recaiden, Bushranger
    The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish.

Clearing in the woods: KerfuffleMach2, celtois
    A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This was the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. As it stands now, the cabin is abandoned.

Eldena's Cottage: Viera Champion
    The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there.

Hallowmere Lake: Happyturtle, Wolfbane
    Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl

House of the Rising Sun: Kid Kris
    A Large house on a headland facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further description.

Isle of Propinquity: Flaming Eagle
    A modern-style duplex house belonging to the bladepire Klaus Sharpe, which is surrounded by trees, vegetation, and a body of water that has a bridge across it. There's also a greenhouse and a kennel of bladehounds.
    Near the main house itself, there's a monolithic building covered in glowing circuitry where Hotaru lives.

[FONT=Verdana]Players should PM when visiting and/or if their last post was made more than 3 days ago.

Jake Stevenson's Home: Happyturtle
    In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a daybed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home.

Javert's House: The Mad Hatter
    It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves.

Julie's Place: Slii Arhem
    An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate renown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord.

Junkyard workshop: KerfuffleMach2, FaceofEvil
    In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access.

Marty's: The Mad Hatter, Agate 86
    This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
    Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
    Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.
    Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak.

New Rock Household: blackouttwo, Artemis97
    A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - white picket fence, work shed out back, spacious basement (with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room (with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms... Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.
    Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd.: TechnoScrabble
    A big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned. Iits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such. It has a gravel driveway leading up to it and near the docks. It has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage and nd the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions.

Silvery Ship: Lost Deep
    It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet.

Tarmikos Studio: Baeleck
    This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to.

The Intermission: Beans
    The divine realm of Carrie! The Intermission mostly consists of a great decagonal sort of tower, more wide than tall, filled with innumerable rooms for the deceased souls staying there until they move on to their afterlives. Also contained are the quartering complex for her "angels" the Sable Guides.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Home 19: Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor
    Home 18: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
    Home 17: Where you know all your friends and all your enemies
    Home 16: Home is Where the Phylactery is
    Home 15: A Fixer-Upper
    Home 14: Oddly Squishy
    Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here
    Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged
    Home 11
    Home 10
    Home 9
    Home 8
    Home 7
    Home 6: Jiggity Jig
    Home 5: Somewhere to take your family
    Home 4: Plenty of Space
    Home 3: Third Time's the Charm
    Home 2: Home is where the cabinet is
    Home 1

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-06-23 at 11:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 20

Skullfort

Mist nods. "Okay, that makes sense, I guess. That must have been when you had all of your powers. I'm sorry you lost them. I guess there's tradeoffs for having physical bodies that can eat and all."
    What did she say was the thing she lost the ability to do in her new body? Narrate? Something like that.

"Here, I always find throwing by the blade to be easier." he says, demonstrating his grip.
    "After that, it's all about the wrist and the motion." he says, and with a single fluid motion, he throws the knife into the center of the target Leah tossed at.
    "Don't worry if it hits pommel-first instead of blade-first. There is skill involved in getting it right, but for a lot of the learning curve that's basically luck. I'll freely admit this isn't the most effective weapon style. For this sort of thing shuriken and starknives have a bit of an advantage for being all pointy bits." he says with a shrug.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Skullfort]

Leah nods. "Ever since I died, yeah. It's weird, actually. There's no obvious reason it should have gone along with the narration and dream-stuff. It might be because I never learned to listen, the way I did with the shadow-things."
    But then she shrugs.
    "That's a nice idea, that I could maybe learn it back. But either way, I do alright without it."

She watches Mist throw, trying to copy his grip. She always feels like it ought to cut her hand somewhere, doing that.
    This knife actually misses completely. But the form is better, even if she's not used to it.
    "How did you pick it up?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Mist flips another one into a farther target leisurely, this time with a sideways swing, as if drawing the blade from his sleeve.
    "I'm not entirely sure. I just had an idea of how to do this sort of thing when I came to the Nexus. Maybe I learned how to do it beofre I got there, in the time I can't remember. But since then I've just been practicing, just as a hobby. It doesn't cost much, after all. Just some cheap plywood for targets and nails or tack to hang them." he says, clearly relaxed by the familiar activity.

5. - Top - End - #5

[Skullfort]

Leah tries again. Clips the target this time. The close one.

"Show-off. Haha. That was good though."
    She nods, admiring the throw.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Mist leans back, making a mighty throw into one of the far targets. It's fairly accurate, but doesn't land blade-first.
    "See? Luck. For the record, your coat should have hidden sheathes for at least six small knives or darts, plus a pair of lockpicks or pins in the collar. I know you don't have much experience with this, but the guy offered to do it, so I thought it was neat. You could always stick pens and stuff in them if you decide these aren't for you."

It's one in each sleeve, and four hidden in the lining of the torso, two at sternum level and two below that.
    "Do you play any music, Leah? I think you've been around when I practiced my flute. I've been playing that since I was a little kid."

7. - Top - End - #7

[Skullfort]

Oh good, he's not perfect.
    "Nice throw, so far away."

Leah feels about for the pockets.
    "It's not something I'm used to, but I'll figure it out. May as well get used to using it, if it's here."

She shakes her head.
    "No music. I tries piano once, but I never had the will to practice it. One of the few things I didn't care to learn. You do it well, though."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Mist smiles. "Yeah, that far it's really, really hard to influence the blade at all. Total luck getting it to go in.

And I can teach you about music if you like. Otherwise, I'm happy to play for you."
    he says, enjoying the activity.

9. - Top - End - #9

[Skullfort]

"Good try, then."
    Leah bobs her head, unsure.
    "I don't know that it would be any different. But if you don't mind trying to teach me, I'd be happy to learn about music from you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Jace's Place]

The living room, specifically.

It's a nice, quiet afternoon. Jace and Fortuna are off working on one of Fortuna's projects. Nick Sr. was supposed to be here watching Nick Jr, but unfortunately duty called when a gang of killer clowns decided to go on a pie-stealing rampage. There's probably a high-speed chase right now involving a tiny car with way too many clowns inside.

That means Nick Jr is here with only Henry to keep an eye on him. But, thankfully, Henry is a very responsible magikarp. If he weren't responsible, he probably would have evolved into a Gyrodos by now. But if he did, how would he be able to fit into the house with his friends? Being around his friends is WAY more important to Henry than silly, trivial things like being an unholy engine of destruction and rage.

With a wet-sounding splat, Henry flops down the stairs in a tumble that looks only sort of controlled. People often offer to carry him, but Henry really likes being able to navigate the house on his own. He's got the best Splash game of any magikarp he knows! With a dull thud he lands at the bottom of the stairs, gazing up at Nick with one of his huge fish eyes with a huge fish smile on his face.

<Okay, little buddy! What kind of super-awesome homework do you have to do today?>

See?

Totally responsible.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2015-04-02 at 10:42 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

"Great! I'll have to find some sheet music for you next time." he says, flinging a knife. It hits the target with the blade, but at a bad angle, and it bounces off.
    "Hey, Leah? You said before that I've hurt you before. You said that it was outweighed by the good but....that doesn't make it right. And you visited me all the times I couldn't leave the Inn and sent me things and you've just been really good to me. So...tell me if I can do something for you. Anything. I want to give back a little." he says self-consciously.

Jace's Place

If Nick could understand Pokefishspeak, he'd probably say that the foxes assigned him homework on proper speaking in yips and the best ways to cook mice.
    And he wouldn't even be racist, because those are both things that the foxes do on a regular basis, though Nexus-autotranslate hides the first thing. I wonder if the foxes hear everyone else in their native tongue, so they hear everyone else barking and growling at them?

Either way, in actuality, Nick doesn't undestand anything that Henry says, so the dragon is currently playing Pokemon Red on his Pip-Drake. It's a lot harder than it looks, doing it with just one hand and when half the buttons are a dial. That's why he sticks to RPGs and not platformers. Normally he'd have an actual little console for games, but he has a few simple games on his Pip-Drake, and he got into this one while on the school bus home.
    "Hiya Henry. Quiet day with everyone gone?" he asks.

12. - Top - End - #12

[Jace's Place]

The fox school teaches normal subjects, too! An abnormal subjects. This is the Nexus, after all. One has to prepare children for living with the weird.

Regardless, Henry blows a raspberry at the little dragon. <Haha! Man, I always forget you can't tell what I'm saying without Forte or Jace or Zebes around! Man, what a bummer! But really, little dude, you should do your homework before you play video games. You might forget to get it done!>

Homework is super important!

How else are you going to learn about fascinating subjects like multiplication?

<But yeah, things have been pretty low-key with all my buddies gone. So I've been cleaning the house! Using cleaning stuff is hard without any hands, dude, let me tell you. But there's nothing a magikarp can't do with enough determination!> Henry says proudly, Splashing a good four feet into the air before flopping back onto the floor, now laying on his other side. <It's like I always say, DUDE! What's that?>

That isn't a very interesting saying, Henry.

Oh, wait.

Some sort of weird black portal just opened up on the couch.

That's unusual.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Nick is in second grade. I'm not even sure if they've gotten to multiplication yet. They're probably still going over how to add things and THEN add something else.
    The little dragon itches the end of his snout. It's been awfully itchy lately. Maybe he should ask Fortuna or Zebes about it. For obvious reasons they're who he goes to for dragony things. He loves his brother dearly, but he barely knows about griffins, let alone species he isn't actually a member of.
    "Yeah, sorry Henry. Forte really should work on getting you your own translator if I'm going to be home alone with you on these days."

And then the look of surprise on Henry's face is enough to tip off Nick that he should turn around. Doing so, he's quite surprised, and with a squawk and a flap of wings he falls off the comfy chair he was sitting on and onto the floor, flailing his limbs a bit in a panic before he scrambles onto his paws and to the other side of the room with Henry.
    "Ack, whaddawedo, Henry? What is that?" he asks the fish frantically.

14. - Top - End - #14

[Jace's Place]

The itch on his nose might be the beginnings of those eastern dragon catfish whiskers growing in. Fortuna wouldn't know about that personally, but she could probably find out. Or has already found out via the power of Moogle internet searches.

And... yeah. She should probably work on a translator for Henry, too. That would be really helpful for him when he needs to talk to folks!

Like right now, Nick would know that he and Henry are yelling the same question at each other in different languages!

<I don't know, little dude, but I'll protect you!> Henry declares, flopping in front of Nick to place himself in the path of the portal!

-which just sits there, looking all ominous.

Until it spits a young kangaskhan out and then vanishes. The little pokemon tumbles through the air flailing her arms, catches her foot on the edge of the couch, and then face-plants on the floor with a rather loud thud. That looks like it might have hurt a little.

"Oow..."

Thankfully she's tough! Not crying at all (okay, maybe a little bit). She pushes herself up into a kneeling position, glancing around the room in search of- "Dad? Zebes? Miss Fortuna? Miss Kate? Where are you?"

Given that she's on the other side of the couch, she hasn't spotted Henry and Nick yet.

15. - Top - End - #15

[Skullfort]

Leah tries the next target in distance, the knife going well too far. You wouldn't see it, but she closes her eyes for a moment, embarrassed.

"Yes?" She looks to Mist, curious. Oh. He's not completely sure what to do, how unusual. Is this some sort of test?
    Her expression darkens. She did say that, and it was true.
    "Oh, Mist. But you're here now, with these wonderful gifts." Leans over to try to give him a kiss, on the cheek or the forehead.

She breathes very carefully. Can't show weakness, no matter how much she wants to mention her fears and pains. That's not what Mist is offering.
    "You can't take back what hurt me."
    Come to think of it, what is he offering? What would she ask someone to do for her?
    "Keep being good to me. Keep making me better. Tell me what I mean to you. Don't disappear on me like so many people have."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Mist goes to wrap Leah in a hug as she kisses him.
    "I'll never disappear on you, Leah. But...tell me if I hurt you again, okay? I need to know when I do that. I need to know so I can never do it again. You don't need to hide your feelings from me, Leah. I'll be more horrified at myself than upset at you for feeling that way." he says. He's never really sure what Leah's feeling. Hell, he didn't even know that she liked him for how long, exactly?

Jace's Place

Well.
    That happened.

Nick looks at the spot where a portal once was in puzzlement, then hears the voice of a little girl. He has no idea who her dad or Kate are, but he knows the other names. With a flap of his wings, Nick jumps onto the couch, forepaws clinging to the top and his head and long neck peering out over the back.
    "Uh, hi. Are you one of Zebes and Forte's friends?" he asks cautiously. That's For-tay, by the way. As in, the musical term (is it Italian? Latin?) for loud. Zebes' nickname for her, of course. Nick is rather impressionable.

17. - Top - End - #17

[Jace's Place]

It certainly did.

Henry flops over to the couch as well, though he's got to go around the thing since he doesn't have the cool wings that let him navigate through the air. Sure, he could do that if he evolved, but that would require him to evolve! And that would be awful, since gyrados are jerks. Henry doesn't want to be a jerk! <Oh hey there little dude!> the fish says brightly upon spotting Khannie. <I'm Henry, Forte's friend! And that's Nick. Forte is kinda his mom, it's pretty cool.>

Khannie glances between the two of them uncertainly. "Daddy says Zebes is kind of my uncle, but its magic and weird," she replies to Nick, doing her best to remember how this was (vaguely) explained to her. She really didn't understand it, honestly. "Is this daddy's house?" she asks, glancing around curiously.

<Well that depends, little dude, is your dad Jace?> Henry asks, though he's pretty sure he knows the answer already.

The little kangaskhan nods at the fish, smiling broadly. "He sure is! I got lost, but now he found me! He said when we got home and he was human again he would hold me and huge me and it would be terrific!"

'Terrific' is a pretty great word she learned recently, and now she's using it every chance she gets.

18. - Top - End - #18

[Skullfort]

And now Leah wraps him up in a tight hug.
    "Thank you, Mist. I will now. I've been worried before, afraid of what you'll think of me, but I'll be more open now, when you need to know."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Nick's first thought is how Jace's daughter is a little dinosaur-kangaroo.
    His second thought is that he's a dragon with human real parents and a griffin and a chaos-dragon as his surrogate parents and he should probably not worry about it.

"I think Jace said he and Zebes are magically bonded together so that their minds are always linked somehow, but then he said that it's basically easier to just call them brothers, so that's probably what he meant. So yeah, you got home, then. Looks like he didn't. Let me ask Forte where they are. Here, take a seat. Jace has really nice chairs." he says, quickly poking at his Pip-Drake to send a text message to Fortuna's Pip-Colt.
    Jace's daughter is here? Where are you guys? he sends. Nick always texts in real English. Zebes said using textspeak looks dumb.

And yes, Jace is a fan of comfy furniture. That's why all his chairs and sofas in the living room are cushiony and he has blankets around. Though the latter is also because the heating wasn't always the most consistent.

Skullfort

"I'd never think anything but the best of you, Leah. That's how friends are, and we're more than just friends." Mist says as he hugs her. Hugs!
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-04-02 at 02:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

[Jace's Place]

There's a good reason why Jace's daughter is a little dinosaur-kangaroo.

And that good reason is hilarious.

But that story will be saved for a later time.

"How are you going to ask Miss Fortuna?" Khannie asks as she climbs up into the couch now bereft of a spooky portal. "She isn't here."

<Oh! I know that one! It's because she and Nick have these super-cool pokegear things! They can send messages to each other!> Henry replies.

Khannie doesn't know what pokegear is, so she just makes do with nodding as if she comprehends. She doesn't want to seem stupid in front of her new friends! That would be terrible. In the mean time she picks up one of the blankets and snuggles into it, surrounding herself with the scent. That's the smell of her daddy, she's sure of it!

A few moments later, Nick gets a message back! We're Outside where I was doing some work. We'll be back home after I pack up.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Nick smiles his dragony smile and shuts off the Pip-Drake.
    "She says they'll be back soon. No worries." he goes over and picks up a framed picture off of a table and gives it to the little pokemon.

"You said 'when he was human' so I guess you saw them as pokemon?" he says. This seems obvious, since she is clearly a pokemon, since she can talk to Henry and looks like a tiny periwinkle Kangaskhan.
    "This is what they look like normally. Them and Jace's girlfriend." he says, pointing each of them out. It was taken the night after Lord Voltaire was caught and Jace became human again. Khannie might be surprised to learn that Jace was the only human in the group besides Kate, who wasn't in this photo.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-04-02 at 02:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

[Skullfort]

Huh. This would have been a perfect time for Mist to reveal something terrible.
    "And the same to you. Thank you, Mist."
    There's a lot of words Leah could say, but she lets the relaxed smile and continued hug try to communicate them. That's a thing people do to display affection, hug the other, at least so long as the reserved Mist is happy to be close. He's been kind of standoffish before, and Leah wouldn't want to be too touchy.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #23

[Jace's Place]

"Great! I can't wait to see everyone!" Khannie says, pulling the blanket around herself a little tighter. "Everything is so warm and comfy here. Is that normal in the human world?"

Given the lack of heating and the basic nature of accommodations back in the mystery world, Khannie isn't use to things being so... nice.

But here?

They're very nice.

Super-nice, even! She's sure that she is the luckiest kangaskhan in the whole universe to have such a wonderful parent. And then comes the photo. Khannie doesn't even try to avoid boggling at it. Zebes is so tiny! And Jace is so big! And Miss Fortuna... What is SHE? And Jace's girl-friend has wings like a flying type instead of hands? Maybe that's just another type of human?

"I expected the human world to have more humans..." she mutters.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Mist simply leans against Leah for a bit, laying a hand over her silly zebra torso. Gosh, he's still not over that. It's just so...wonderfully silly. It makes him want to laugh, but not at her. It's just so...so amusing. Like putting on a coat and waking up with a tail.
    "Is there anywhere else you want to show me, Leah? I'm glad I got to show you this, but maybe we can sit somewhere more comfortable." he says pleasurably. Right now he just wants to be with her, enjoy being around her, let the stress of everything go away.

Jace's Place

"Yeah, it's really nice here. They've got heating in every building, even if it's just a fireplace, and way more of them are sealed against wind and rain!"
    Nick actually knows exactly what she means. There wasn't very good architecture in the wastelands of California.

"The Nexus really isn't a human world. Where I'm from was all different kinds of humans. But here in the Nexus, people from all sorts of places show up, and they bring little bits of their world with them. Like, there's only humans where I'm from, and no magic or psychics or shooting fire from your mouths. I came here, 'cause of something Fortuna did, and then I was here for...five minutes? And then some magic made me this. It's really cool. I'm going to fly some day!" he says, going to boop Khannie's nose with the rust-colored tuft on the end of his tail.

Khannie might remember Jace saying that she was one of two kids that Fortuna accidentally caused...

25. - Top - End - #25

[Jace's Place]

This is getting almost too difficult for Khannie to believe. "You... you mean water doesn't come through the roof when it gets stormy?" she asks, her tone filled with hardly constrained wonder. Even the nicest building in the whole village still leaked when storms came. Sure the water-types didn't mind that sort of thing, nor the grass-types, but just about everyone else did. "This place is terrific!"

There's that word again.

She sure does like it.

"So you used to be a human?" she asks curiously. Then gives a little eep upon being tailed-whipped! Of course, being tail-whipped by Nick is more or less harmless, so she just giggles instead. Clearly her defense has fallen! "Can you change back again? What's being a human like?"

She wants to know all the details!

After all, humans are beings of legend in her home.

No doubt they're capable of wonders to match.

Khannie is going to be disappointed on that front.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2015-04-02 at 03:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Well...being a human just...is." Nick says, puzzled.
    "Zebes said the magical costume that made me a dragon was probably supposed to teach me some lesson about being myself. But living with people like Forte, there's really nothing about this shape that I couldn't do before. My paws are as good as my hands were, and I can stretch to reach tall shelves if I need to, and some day I'm going to fly and have magical water powers. I get that being yourself is important but physically there's no reason for me to want to change back." he explains.

Plus, being an impossible critter that can't exist in his homeworld means that it can't possibly try to get him back. Ever.

27. - Top - End - #27

[Jace's Place]

"Oh..." Khannie replies, her tone sounding rather disappointed. Maybe all that legendary stuff is just... old stories? Maybe there isn't anything super-special about humans at all? Maybe they're just like pokemon, but they're more willing to be heroes? Or... something? "Back home, humans are legends. They would come to our world and save it from awful things sometimes! I always imagined humans would be... I dunno..."

Something exciting!

Amazing!

Larger than life!

Then she thinks about her favorite human, and can't help but perk up. "When I found out that my daddy is a human I was really excited. The pokemon in my village found me when I was just an egg, so I never knew daddy until just a little while ago."

But now she does, and everything is better.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Nick shrugs with his little dragon legs, flopping over. It's probably pretty clear how weird his body is, that long tail and his little legs so far apart.
    "I mean, Jace is pretty special for a human. Most of them can't shoot lasers and make fancy magic items. Oh, he probably didn't show you much of his magic if you were all doing pokemon things. He keeps some in the drawer; wanna see 'em?

Oh, and what was your name?"
    he asks.

29. - Top - End - #29

[Jace's Place]

Oriental dragons are shaped really weirdly.

That probably goes without saying.

"Really?" Khannie replies incredulously. "I always thought all humans could do magic. Or... something? Though I guess being good at making things can be just as amazing if you're really good at it." She's getting curious about making things now, especially since that's what her daddy does. Maybe some day she can learn to make things too, just like her parent? "Can we? Is it okay if we look at them?"

CHildren getting into a bunch of magical tools?

Surely nothing bad can come of that.

Then introductions!

"Oh! Hehe! I'm use to everyone just calling me Kangaskhan. Uncle Zebes named me Khannie and daddy said that's a good name, so that's my name now! Khannie!" she proclaims. Someone will have to explain the concept of family names to her later.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Oh. That's a nice name. Jace's last name is Vallarm. I guess it's yours, too." says Nick, as he pulls the curtains closed on the big window in the room, darkening it quite a bit. Then he goes into a nightstand nearby and opens the draw, taking out a burned-looking gray rock. He hops back onto the couch and grinning, holds it up to Khannie's face.
    And lets it go.

The little stone quivers but doesn't fall. After a moment, it lurches and begins to orbit her head, throwing light everywhere around her (but not back into her face) like a torch.

"Jace calls these ioun torches. He makes tons of them for the locals." Nick explains.