New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default I'd like to build a mountain keep.

My Malconvoker wizard, with the help of a couple of friends, just defeated a tribe of kobolds that tried to kill them and offered a deal. Help him dig into the mountain where he intends to make his home (every wizard needs a good lair) and assist in the construction of his keep. In return, he would allow them to live, maintain their homes within the mountain and even offer some form of payment once the work was completed, leaving them in peace.

So I've got a bunch of kobolds digging and constructing a complex for my wizard. Nothing too elaborate, just a place to call home, and relatively secure enough to store my library and valuables. At the same time I'd like to bind a few outsiders to assist and expedite the construction. Any recommendations? Being a Malconvoker, just about anything would go, really.
    Last edited by tadkins; 2015-04-03 at 05:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I'd like to build a mountain keep.

Earth Elementals are good for this, strong have earth glide i believe the more powerful ones even have a few helpful SLAs
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

If you have a lyre of building, a lillend would be a good choice. Outsiders do not eat, drink, or sleep, so she could play it continuously. A djinn can create wood for you once per day with its permanent major creation, and a ghaele eladrin casts as a 14th level cleric, which gets you many castings of wall of stone and stone shape each day.
    Subclasses for 5E: magus of blades, shadowcraft assassin, spellthief, void disciple
    Guides for 5E: Practical fiend-binding

D&D Remix for 3.x: balanced base classes and feats, all in the authentic flavor of the originals. Most popular: monk and fighter.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Don't forget to cast fabricate to create a bunch of tasteful furniture for your next place.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks