New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hi everyone! I have found myself with way too much time on my hands lately, so thought I'd join a friendly forum and lose some time in some role playing. Happy to be here and meet you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    God, get it together Mary.
    Thank you to AsteriskAmp for the lovely avatar!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Hello there!

Welcome aboard!
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Hello there!

Welcome aboard!
    Thanks! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    God, get it together Mary.
    Thank you to AsteriskAmp for the lovely avatar!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Hello friends. I exist.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mary_Sue View Post
    Thanks! :)
    No problem! I always find it better to have someone acknowledge that you exist when you join a new place!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox201 View Post
    Hello friends. I exist.
    Greetings, friend.

We exist too! Yay! Existence-buddies!
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hey there, everyone! I've been keeping up with OoTS since 2008, and for most of my life, I've been the observing-the-game-and-occasionally-playing-NPCs Table Munchkin. Though I'm familiar with (our typical DM's very customized version of) D&D, among a few other tabletop games, I've only recently started playing for good... but I'm starting to think I might actually have more fun as a DM myself. Playing gave me more ideas than anything, and I seemed to have more fun listening and watching than actually playing... heck, back when I was still tiny the DM would tell me things about the campaign just so I could lord it over dad, and give the DM (mostly ridiculous / silly but occasionally helpful / inspirational) suggestions.

This turned into a wall of text, but I guess this is my way of asking, if anyone here is actually reading this, and you're willing to share some DMing tips with someone who's just getting into it, I'm all ears!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, there are people (person, at least) reading this! Welcome aboard!

If you need DMing tips, I would look in the Rolplaying section. I myself don't have many tips beyond "Don't underestimate your players," "Don't overestimate your players," and "no plan survives contact with a PC."
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2015-10-22 at 03:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Hi, I'm Belksworth, a fan of OotS since last month, and I'm very happy to be at the forum today.
    My favorite character is the sexy shoeless god of war himself,. I look forward to posting more!

I was also wondering how the whole "Pixie in the Playground"/"Giant in the Playground" thing works. Is it a ranking system?
    Last edited by Belksworth; 2015-10-22 at 09:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Hi there! Hope you find a bunch to do!

As for the post title things, click here for the info!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello friends! I'm not actually sure why I only just now got an account in the forums, as I've been reading OOTS since 2012. starbolt22 is my go-to username for any account I make, so you can call me Star, or if you're the more casual type you can call me Rico, since it's what my friends call me.

I'm a college student, just declared a computer science major with a physics minor.

I'm also hella into cosplay (I'm on eboard for my college's cosplay club...), and although I've been planning a Vaarsuvius cosplay since 2013, I only just got to making a cosplay this summer, and it's not fully done yet (darn my past self for forgetting things I bought for the cosplay at home), and I'm also trying to goad my friends into a.) reading OOTS and b.) cosplaying the Order with me.

Other than OOTS, I'm also into Homestuck (that's... my main thing), Ava's Demon, MLP: FiM, and magical girl anime. In terms of actual hobbies, I play the flute, bellydance, and very occasionally write fanfiction.

I think that's about it. Yay longwinded intro post!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Longwinded response post:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris a nulla eu quam condimentum pulvinar. Praesent vestibulum eleifend est, vel lacinia ligula aliquet at. Sed ultricies dolor id erat iaculis euismod. Etiam consectetur lobortis magna, ac congue magna gravida nec. Vivamus sagittis urna ac lorem elementum maximus. Duis dignissim nulla vel faucibus vehicula. Curabitur vitae sem ac orci bibendum dictum a sollicitudin tortor. Curabitur et pulvinar velit. Proin ut lectus luctus, tincidunt justo vel, cursus lorem. Etiam ut neque vitae orci varius laoreet eget vitae dolor. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nunc id sodales felis. Mauris ultrices at dolor eget porta.

Nulla ultrices quam porta eros congue, sit amet pulvinar arcu interdum. Donec ullamcorper ultricies placerat. Morbi vitae arcu ipsum. Etiam nec nisl dictum, tincidunt nisl eu, porttitor eros. Cras placerat varius tortor, a vulputate orci suscipit eget. Aliquam molestie odio et massa semper maximus. Pellentesque fringilla viverra lorem, eget pretium tellus venenatis non. Nulla et augue sit amet tortor ultrices pulvinar in eu dui. Cras vel arcu ac dui luctus laoreet sed imperdiet lacus.

...I'm not good at longwinded speeches. Welcome aboard!

12. - Top - End - #402
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, i have been stalking the place for a while and now i may need help in something or other now, so here i am.
    Bit self serving innit?

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, nah, better for us to be able to help you.

Welcome aboard!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Pixie in the Playground

This is my first one, very helpful

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Hey there! Thanks, I try.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hmm.. Yes, Hello. I suppose this is necessary *histeric laughter* We are here to find a good place for all of us. We were brought here by my friend Winningham as a way for us to game. Though looking at the site as a whole we do think it will probably serve in more than that. We have had a love of tabletop and forum based gaming for over a decade... Yes this will do nicely to scratch the itch.

Enough about us though. Hello everyone. If you are looking for cooky or insanity in a player please pm me. Every character made is unforgettable and unique... I have been told I am too graphic, but I believe that if it can happen in the real world it can happen in storytelling. Seeing hallucinations, hearing voices, I love putting my character aspects out there, and telling a riveting story in the process. I will be here. We All will be here. *Takes off hat* And with that, we bid you adieu.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

We seem to like referring to ourselves in the plural, no? (Although, there were a few "me"s in there. )

I don't actually know how many people come and see this, so you'll definitely have more success just putting yourself out there! Putting a kooky phrase or self-description in your signature can be a great help to people looking for a certain kind of player! Anyways, welcome!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Hello, all. Lord of irate and/or insane hollow rectangular prisms, here. Been playing D&D for a few months now, and enjoying 5e. Saw a few threads I couldn't resist responding to, so here I am!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
    Hello, all. Lord of irate and/or insane hollow rectangular prisms, here. Been playing D&D for a few months now, and enjoying 5e. Saw a few threads I couldn't resist responding to, so here I am!
    I'd say it's a sufficiently good reason for joining.
    Welcome aboard!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
    I see Killer Angel's beaten me to the punch, but welcome aboard!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Why, hello there! I am here to research an upcoming Age of Worms game, and need to see about merging Golarion with Greyhawk, so I'm creating an account for research purposes!!! *kermit the frog style yaaaaay*

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, a new member! Yaaaaaaaaay!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Hello everyone! Big fan of the webcomic, and I've been looking up D&D handbooks on this forum for years so I figured I should stop lurking like a creep and get to know y'all :p

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Hey there! Welcome to the forum!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hello, all. New to the comic, new to the forums, less new to DMing. Never tried PbP games before, but the threads here look really fun. Looking forward to starting my first campaign soon, hope to meet some of you there!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Hey there! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find lots of players!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hello all!

New guy on the block - although an old role player

I'm also a very active boardgamer and wargamer and you find me usually over at the Boardgamegeek forums.

After reading a couple of posts regarding my current RPG (Pathfinder), I found out that this seems to be a very friendly and nice community and so I joined. Usually my system of choice is WFRPv2, but I'm now delving deep into d20 and need all the advice I can get

See you around,
    Ron.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Hi there PzVIE!

...how are you supposed to pronounce that?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, everybody! [/DrNick]

I honestly can't believe it's 5E already - I started out on AD&D, then migrated to 3e, and then 3.5, before making the horrible mistake of buying the core 4E rulebooks which I have to date never once used in an actual game. It's kind of weird actually being able to call myself an old soul, but time ticks ever onwards.

Regardless of edition, however, I'm hoping to find some decent games somewhere on this site; I very rarely get a chance to play in real life, so I'm turning to the Internet in hopes of being able to knuckle down and finish my first campaign in a long time - I haven't had a real one since my games as a teenager. I'm probably going to stick to 3.5, as the system I know, but with any luck I'll find a decent game to properly ease me into PF or 5E beyond what I've gathered from SRDs and trawling the Internet for PDFs.

Here's hoping!

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Hi there, welcome aboard!

I'd like to say that I knew where to direct you, but I've only ever played 4e (ducks to avoid rulebooks ). This board is great for everything else, though, so I'm sure you'll find something.