New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1996
  1. - Top - End - #1831
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Greetings everyone! Being a Long time gamer (of all kinds) and a oots reader I thought It long past time I become a member of this forum and interact with some new people. Having recently started running my own dnd 5th ed game you'll likely find me in that forum the most.

Looking forward to getting to know some fellow adventurers, dungeon masters, and being part of this lovely community.

Cheers
    "Its not the way you roll the die that counts...its why."

2. - Top - End - #1832
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Heya all! I've been an avid reader (and rereader) of Order of the Stick for close to 10 years now, and am a longtime gamer in all things D&D since TSR was still calling the shots. It's been a long while since I've gotten to play a tabletop game and I haven't had much luck finding a group I could enjoy where I live. I don't really do forums and the like, but I knew that there was a section for play by post role playing and I enjoyed that in the past, so I figured I'd join up and give it a shot. I'm mostly about 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons, so if there's a game running and you need another player, let me in on that! Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1833
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hi all, I just found this site and can't wait to go mining for all it's goodies.

4. - Top - End - #1834
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Hello! I'm primarily a Pathfinder player of about five years (on and off), but I have an interest in various D&D campaign settings. I've done a few play-by-posts in the past, but I consider myself still pretty inexperienced with dice games so far. However, I've been playing in role-playing games in some capacity for over ten years! I can't wait to meet you all and stuff

5. - Top - End - #1835
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ummm, do I have to read all of the posts in the thread to be welcome? 'Cos, not to lead off with belligerence or anything, but I don't think I want to do that.

Well, there wasn't anything in the registration agreement about it, so I'll just jump right in.

Hi, my name is kaylasdad99. I answer to kaylasdad99, kaylasdad, and in certain cases, DAAAAAAD. I call myself that because in 1999 I made my first internet handle; it reflected the fact that I was the dad of a little girl named Kayla, and the year was 1999 (accordingly, I don't tend to respond reliably to people who address me as Kayla, or kaylas). I'm not entirely sure how long I've been reading the Order of the Stick. Parson Gotti had recently been summoned to Erf; that should provide a frame of reference.

I'm not really a Gamer (although I did participate in a few campaigns in 1981, while attending Naval Nuclear Power School in Orlando), but I love the strip, and I think I manage to "get" the vast majority of the jokes. I follow discussions of the strip on a different message board, and I'm pretty sure there are other denizens of that board here. Typically my level of participation is confined to reactions to the strips, and sometimes a contribution about a point that was made earlier in the story. I don't have much to say about speculations that reflect a comprehensive knowledge of the rules of engagement, Class Features of characters, NPCs, and random encounters.

Anyway, I was reading the FAQs today (because I'm jonesing for a new strip), and I noticed a couple of things:

1. The FAQs were last updated in 2005. Have NO new questions been frequently asked since then? I realize Rich has been working at a pretty fast pace lately (and I'm really grateful to be a beneficiary of that), but perhaps the task of updating it could be delegated to a moderator (with submission of the proposed updates subject to Rich's approval, of course).

2. (the REAL reason I'm asking about the current applicability of the FAQs) As of March 2005, the guys were thought of as levels 7-9 (powerful enough to have a bunch of storytelling options, weak enough that one of those options can plausibly be "run away"). Does this level range still apply? Please remember that this question comes from a place of relative ignorance (on my part) wrt the capabilities conferred by higher levels; but I notice that they're not running away nearly as often as they once did.

Anyway, as mentioned at the beginning of the post, I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread, and consequently, I have no idea if there is anything standard about my inaugural post. Still, here it is.

6. - Top - End - #1836
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello!

I am new to this forum, but I really enjoy DnD! Don't know what else to say but thanks for letting me join!

7. - Top - End - #1837
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hi!
    Been reading OOTS for a year or two now, thought I would (finally) make an account. *waves*

8. - Top - End - #1838
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm really, really new here, but I like the site- at least, the forum aspect. A friend of mine recc'd Order of the Stick independent of me finding the site, so I'm sure I'm gonna branch out to the rest of the site eventually.

Anyway, I've been looking for a place to talk about D&D, and this one seems like a pretty good place. I'm a beginner, though, and I barely have a grasp on the basics, so I'm really hoping this site'll help me save my campaign. Lol. Aside from that, I'm just looking for a chill D&D community so I hope you guys are the place.

9. - Top - End - #1839
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

New here... jobs done :-)

10. - Top - End - #1840

Daemon

I'm a noob here, hoping to join in a PbP game or two. I've never done a forum game before, although I have played plenty of tabletop RPGs.

Cheers,
    Coyote

11. - Top - End - #1841
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Hello people!

New member from Italy. Sorry for my english, not my first language.
    I'm here to improve my experience with RPGs.

12. - Top - End - #1842
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hi people! : )

13. - Top - End - #1843
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm new here. Howdy!

14. - Top - End - #1844
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Hi?

I plan on doing some homebrew stuff and asking for advice. Hope I impress somebody :)

15. - Top - End - #1845
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi!~ I'm here because I love talking about D&D characters and stories! ^_^

16. - Top - End - #1846
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello!

I'm new!

Played D&D 3e, 3.5e, 4e (once... that was enough...), 5e, PF, WoD, and others. :)

Mainly here for the homebrew and chat. :)

17. - Top - End - #1847
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello guys Iv been on for a while. just haven't posted. great site thanks for allowing me into the community!

18. - Top - End - #1848
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Hi everyone!! long time lurker finally decided to register!

Hey everyone! I've finally decided to go ahead and get an account, given that I've been on the forum for a long time to look at all kinds of class guides and the like! :)

19. - Top - End - #1849
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hi everyone! I am a long time lurker here. I play role-playing games with my family, and am currently designing a fantasy world.

20. - Top - End - #1850

smile Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hello. I am new to the forums and relatively new to the comic in general. I started reading it a couple weeks ago and am now up-to-date.

21. - Top - End - #1851
    Pixie in the Playground

Might as well add me to the pile.

Recently joined the forum. Just your typical evil, absurdly large cookie. Nothing special. Okay, maybe a bit special. But that is beside the point.

What I am trying to say is: Hi. Nice to meetcha. Joined because I saw that there was quite the section dedicated to D&D and figured I could get some more experience in the wonderful art that is screwing yourself over or doing the most epic thing in your tabletop life. All at the whims of RNGesus. Who might (definitely) or might not (as likely as getting a D20) hate (everyone) you.

22. - Top - End - #1852
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I'm not exactly new here, seeing as I joined back in 2011, but I have been on a hiatus for the last 18ish months.
    In that time, I have quit one job, been laid off from the second, lost 35 pounds (and gained 10 of it back), and enrolled in and passed the Police Academy!
    So, while I'm out looking for a job, I'm going to try to be more active again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusMFD View Post
    I don't know what made me laugh harder, the original post or Hbgplayer's response
    One of the most interesting Derailments I've ever seen!
    Great Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1853
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hello. I'm a New member.

24. - Top - End - #1854
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Heya all. I'm new, here for the play by posting and such. Hoping for fun.

25. - Top - End - #1855
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello all

I am newbie here

26. - Top - End - #1856

Flumph

d20 Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hello everyone,

Long time reader of the comic and lurker on the boards, having recently started a d&d campaign after 25 years of not playing. I intent to start a journal and start pestering with questions.

Cheers
    Lorka

27. - Top - End - #1857

BlackDragon

Hello there, I'm new(-ish) to the forums, thought I should introduce myself. Been reading OOTS for about 7 years now, was introduced by a member of my gaming group and haven't looked back since. I've been a D&D veteran for 20+ years and I've got a few other systems under my belt, Shadowrun, Marvel, and WFRP to name a few. I look forward to being part of the community here.
    Last edited by Sogen; 2017-10-02 at 04:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1858
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Hey all! I've been reading OotS for a while now, and I used to be on a bunch of message boards back in the day, but I haven't been active on any for a long time.
    this space for rent

29. - Top - End - #1859
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello, I am Italian and probably (not quite sure) a human. A bot? Nah.
    Last edited by Virdex_; 2017-10-04 at 02:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1860
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, nice to meet all of you. I came hear seeking play by post for D&D, but I'm open for other games. I will also need resources for any game as I currently don't have any in English