New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 1121

This thread may be helpful: http://paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/...ads%2Frzs2mvv0

Debby
    thanks but I think I say monk with guns Jon woo style not vanilla western cowboy with some monastery training

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew - R1123

R1123

Hello everyone.

I wanted to play a bender-like character in 5e/Next as per the Avatar series and concocted a few class changes to the Warlock in order to do so. However, I would like to see if avoiding "pretend all fire spells are actually ice" is possible.

Could someone help home brew Warlock Spell Lists for Water / Fire / Earth / Air benders?
    I think the Elemental Evil Player's Companion would be key, but I don't really know what spells to choose to keep it balanced. I'm also concerned about, for example, all of a fire benders spells being only fire and suffering from resistant or immune enemies.

Anyone willing to help?
    Last edited by WunSukong; 2015-04-29 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Request number and specifying 5e

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew - R1112

Quote Originally Posted by WunSukong View Post
    R1112

Hello everyone.

I wanted to play a bender-like character as per the Avatar series and concocted a few class changes to the Warlock in order to do so. However, I would like to see if "pretending all fire spells are actually ice" is possible.

Could someone help home brew Warlock Spell Lists for Water / Fire / Earth / Air benders?
    I think the Elemental Evil Player's Companion would be key, but I don't really know what spells to choose to keep it balanced. I'm also concerned about, for example, all of a fire benders spells being only fire and suffering from resistant or immune enemies.

Anyone willing to help?
    C1121( for WunSukong's sake)
    WunSukong would you mind correcting your request number from R1112 to R1121 because that number is taken

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew - R1112

Edited post, though it seems that the next number was actually 1123.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by WunSukong; 2015-04-29 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Corrected

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Reposting, since it looks like it got forgotten in the thread switch:

R 1111: Pathfinder

I'm not sure if this is in the scope of the thread, but I would like to request a combat-oriented PrC. Specifically, for an alchemically-augmented warrior, a little inspired by the Witchers. One idea I had is that they could have essence/organs grafted on from monsters in order to gain their powers.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 1111.
    What are the Witchers?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Fantasy human bioweapons who were fed magic mushrooms and potions as children.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Reposting, since it looks like it got forgotten in the thread switch:

R 1111: Pathfinder

I'm not sure if this is in the scope of the thread, but I would like to request a combat-oriented PrC. Specifically, for an alchemically-augmented warrior, a little inspired by the Witchers. One idea I had is that they could have essence/organs grafted on from monsters in order to gain their powers.
    C.1111
    this video explains
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2015-05-15 at 07:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

R. 1124

So I found this Corvus Rex for 1st edition (here: http://dungeonofsigns.blogspot.ca/20...x_29.html#more ) and was thinking it could be reworked as a Pathfinder Tengu Shadow Assassin (level 8). Except I'm not yet that good with Pathfinder. Here is the Shadow Assassin base class (open content): http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-...hadow-Assassin. and the Tengu can be found here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-...aces/arg-tengu

You can ignore the supernatural fluff as I'll be tweaking the text to fit what I need.

Thanks
    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-16 at 11:27 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

R 1125: Pathfinder (And maybe 3.5).

I'd like a new domain, and maybe a few gods to draw upon- Primarily, and this is for an all-bard gestalt campaign that I need these Domains, I'd like a Music domain. Maybe multiple music domains, for various types of music. A choral music domain, a Pop music domain, and various other Music Domains based on style.

As for Gods, if you someone (Anyone) could stat up Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, and Motzart as Gods, and maybe The Beetles, Elvis, Rodgers and Hammerstien, Steven Sondhiem, Michael Jackson, Queen, and/or any other major musician/Composer. Favored Weapons and/or "favored performance," domains and such. Generally speaking, In the order I'd prefer (But not necessarily need) them done would be Johann Sebastian Bach, Michael Jackson, Beethoven, Rodgers and Hammerstien, and The Beetles. But if you have other ideas, I'd be down with that.

Domains based upon the various performance types wouldn't go amiss, but Music is the one I'd like the most.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

H1125:

Music domain:

You gain 1 bardic music use, plus one more per 4 levels, per day.

1st: Play Instrument
    2nd: Allegro
    3rd: Exceptional Accompaniment
    4th: Wall of Sound
    5th: Deafening Song Bolt
    6th: Pied Piping
    7th: Archon's Trumpet
    8th: Irresistible Dance
    9th: Overwhelming Presence

Choral subdomain:

1st: Hypnotism
    4th: Serenity
    5th: Frozen Note
    6th: Dirge of the Victorious Knights

Pop subdomain:

1st: Aspect of the Nightingale.
    3rd: Nixie's Lure
    5th: Joyful Rapture

Rock Subdomain:

2nd: Steal voice
    3rd: Thunderous Drums
    4th: Shout
    6th: Shout, Greater

Metal music Subdomain:

1st: Clarion call
    4th: Discordant Blast
    6th: Sympathetic Vibration

Heavy Metal Subdomain:

1st: Ear-Piercing Scream
    2nd: Cacophonous Call
    4th: Primal Scream
    5th: Song of Discord
    9th: Wail of the Banshee

Rap Battle Subdomain:

1st: Fumbletongue
    2nd: Distracting Cacophany
    4th: Utter Contempt
    5th: Resonating Word

This was all made hurriedly, so if you think there's a better spell for a slot, then go ahead and change it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    R 1125: Pathfinder (And maybe 3.5).

I'd like a new domain, and maybe a few gods to draw upon- Primarily, and this is for an all-bard gestalt campaign that I need these Domains, I'd like a Music domain. Maybe multiple music domains, for various types of music. A choral music domain, a Pop music domain, and various other Music Domains based on style....
    There is a whole thread called Gods of Rock on Wizards of the Coast that statted up bands as deities.http://community.wizards.com/forum/p...hreads/1144111

Haven't seen anything about Classical musicians though.

Music Domain from Book of Eldritch Might II: Songs and Souls of Power

Music Domain
    Granted Powers: You cast spells with verbal components at +1 caster level.
    Music Domain Spells
    1. Hypnotism. Fascinates 2d4 HD of creatures.
    2. Whispering Wind. Sends a short message 1 mile/level.
    3. Emotion. Arouses strong emotion in subject.
    4. Sculpt Sound. Creates new sounds or changes existing ones.
    5. Shout. Deafens all within cone and deals 2d6 damage.
    6. Mass Suggestion. As suggestion, plus one subject/level.
    7. Legend Lore. Learn tales about a person, place, or thing.
    8. Mass Charm. As charm monster, but all within 30 feet.
    9. Wail of the Banshee. Kills one creature/level.

Debby

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    H1125:
    Spoiler: Snips
    Show
    Music domain:

You gain 1 bardic music use, plus one more per 4 levels, per day.

1st: Play Instrument
    2nd: Allegro
    3rd: Exceptional Accompaniment
    4th: Wall of Sound
    5th: Deafening Song Bolt
    6th: Pied Piping
    7th: Archon's Trumpet
    8th: Irresistible Dance
    9th: Overwhelming Presence

Choral subdomain:

1st: Hypnotism
    4th: Serenity
    5th: Frozen Note
    6th: Dirge of the Victorious Knights

Pop subdomain:

1st: Aspect of the Nightingale.
    3rd: Nixie's Lure
    5th: Joyful Rapture

Rock Subdomain:

2nd: Steal voice
    3rd: Thunderous Drums
    4th: Shout
    6th: Shout, Greater

Metal music Subdomain:

1st: Clarion call
    4th: Discordant Blast
    6th: Sympathetic Vibration

Heavy Metal Subdomain:

1st: Ear-Piercing Scream
    2nd: Cacophonous Call
    4th: Primal Scream
    5th: Song of Discord
    9th: Wail of the Banshee

Rap Battle Subdomain:

1st: Fumbletongue
    2nd: Distracting Cacophany
    4th: Utter Contempt
    5th: Resonating Word
    This was all made hurriedly, so if you think there's a better spell for a slot, then go ahead and change it.
    Nope, I'm afraid I don't! And with this... This is just awesome! Thank you very much for this- While the domain power is... Somewhat useless, due to it, you know, being an all-bard pathfinder gestalt game. However, the spells will prove to be invaluable to what I'm creating. As it is, I'll need to think up some creative domain powers, but it was mostly the spells that had me fumbling around.

There is a whole thread called Gods of Rock on Wizards of the Coast that statted up bands as deities. http://community.wizards.com/forum/p...hreads/1144111

Haven't seen anything about Classical musicians though.

Spoiler: Music Domain from Book of Eldritch Might II: Songs and Souls of Power
    Show

Music Domain
    Granted Powers: You cast spells with verbal components at +1 caster level.
    Music Domain Spells
    Hypnotism. Fascinates 2d4 HD of creatures.
    Whispering Wind. Sends a short message 1 mile/level.
    Emotion. Arouses strong emotion in subject.
    Sculpt Sound. Creates new sounds or changes existing ones.
    Shout. Deafens all within cone and deals 2d6 damage.
    Mass Suggestion. As suggestion, plus one subject/level.
    Legend Lore. Learn tales about a person, place, or thing.
    Mass Charm. As charm monster, but all within 30 feet.
    Wail of the Banshee. Kills one creature/level.
    Debby
    Ah, that thread will prove to be INVALUABLE... assuming I can actually figure out who half the folks in that thread actually are. I'll have to do a bit of reading on Beethoven and Bach, then, and make them myself.

And, more requests... a lot more than I probably should ask, but I could use the help:

A bit of background info you need to know when fulfilling these requests:

Wizardry is (Relatively) new- It's rise to prominence was primarily fueled by a new spell type, Evocation (Music). Evocation (Music) spells are spells that are effect bardic music, and are all musical in nature. These spells are rarely found on sorcerers, and all most are related to Bardic Music in some way.

So, R 1126 (Pathfinder, please), I'd like for you guys to come up with spells that alter Pathfinder and 3.5's bardic music! Everyone in the game Gestalts with Bards, though 9 level casters and such gain fewer spells per day. So, I'd like for you guys to go and make some Evocation (Music) spells that alter Bardic Music in a variety of ways. Preferably they should be fairly balanced.

And, speaking of it being a Bardic Gestalt...
    R 1127 (pathfinder with 3.5)
    I plan on running Wrath of the Runelords as a all-bard gestalt game, and starting at level 3. However, this poses a minor problem, since that's how the level should be by the end of the first part. As such, they'll probably be about two levels ahead by the end of it- as such, I want to bolster some of the major characters- primarily, I'd like for someone to re-build Nualia and Lyrie as two levels higher (8 and six respectively). There are a sizable number of house rules I have in place, and for the other characters, shouldn't be too hard to implement on them yourselves- here's a link to the document detailing the list-
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.x3yw0nd2vbr6
    3.5 materials upon request, but what I use thet can use. Try not to abuse it- you can use 3.5 materials to build them, so try to make 'em tough.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2015-05-17 at 10:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 1111

There is on this site a homebrew witcher class. Not sure if this is what you meant or not. but I figured it was worth mentioning. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...415816-Witcher

Debby

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

R 1128
    can some one homebrew the armor in the google docs for sorceress

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 1128.

Seriously? Did you even bother to google chainmail bikini d20 because it's been done. (Yes her naughty bits are covered but sheesh!). But if you need stats: http://cradleofrabies.blogspot.ca/20...i-statted.html

C. 1126.

Look up the evocation spells. Any spell that causes physical damage change to sonic damage and make the PCs sing them. It's easier to redo the spells than make new ones. See here: http://www.pathfinder-srd.nl/wiki/Ca...ocation_school

Also mostly feats affect bardic music not spells. These might help: http://www.habololy.net/Feats/Bardic%20Feats.htm

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 12:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

C. 1128.

Seriously? Did you even bother to google chainmail bikini d20 because it's been done. (Yes her naughty bits are covered but sheesh!). But if you need stats: http://cradleofrabies.blogspot.ca/20...i-statted.html

Debby
    C 1128

That's insanely powerful. A sorceress in 35,050 GP's worth of that gets an effective +70 untyped to her charisma (to a normal CHA item's +6), and assuming normal 8th- to 15th-level sorceress stats, any opponent that misses her with any attack cannot attack her in any way for over four minutes.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-05-18 at 12:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

R1129

Some custom spells if anyone has time.

- A version of Incarnate Construct from Savage Species but only for Dragon-shaped Constructs. A focus on breath weapons by size would be neat.
    - A spell that makes a Scroll into a Construct much like a Crawling Tattoo. A permanent version or a temporary one is fine. One for each would be best.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 1128.

Actually they get a +35 modifier to charisma (not +70). It's not a charisma modifier to AC either. it doesn't add protection it just makes your enemies drool on you. Sorcerers don't get a Charisma bonus to AC in 3.5 (not a clue about Pathfinder), but if they do, this should not stack since the armor affords no actual protection. Clearly this is not serious.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 12:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

C. 1128.

Actually they get a +35 modifier to charisma modifier (not charisma modifier to AC). it doesn't add protection it just makes your enemies drool on you.

Debby
    C1128

Yes, that's what I said. It gives you a +70 effective CHA bonus (because +35 bonus to CHA modifier), and prevents foes attacking you for 4 minutes while they drool over (I should hope not on) you. Which is way, way overpowered.

C1129

On the second request, would something like Feragenitor's ability, only with constructs, work?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 1128

J. Yes it is overpowered. It's also a JOKE. Who is going to go into battle in that? Might as well go into battle naked for all the protection it affords. Also this: "Armor of any type interferes with a sorcerer’s gestures, which can cause his spells with somatic components to fail." So no sorcerer would wear it. I'd just say that for every 10K instead of 1K because pretty armor is expensive and give it a maximum +5 bonus since it is not magical. It's not armor, it's art. I still find it amusing.

Anyhow so as to not double post

H 1129

Incarnate Dragon Construct spell As Incarnate Construct but only works on dragon-shaped constructs. If the construct had a breath weapon, it keeps it. If the construct did not have breath weapon, it gains the ability to breathe fire as red dragon of its size. Dragons smaller than Tiny generally have no breath weapon. There already is a chart for this in the online SRD under True Dragon.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 05:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

C. 1126.

Look up the evocation spells. Any spell that causes physical damage change to sonic damage and make the PCs sing them. It's easier to redo the spells than make new ones. See here: http://www.pathfinder-srd.nl/wiki/Ca...ocation_school

Also mostly feats affect bardic music not spells. These might help: http://www.habololy.net/Feats/Bardic%20Feats.htm

Debby
    Well, yeah, I was already doing that. The thing I ask for is for spells that affect Bardic Music. I suppose I should have been clearer. As such, hence the requests.

GNU Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C1126
    Generally feats, not spells affect bardic music. Hence, I directed you to a bunch of feats instead. If you have to make spells, it's going to be difficult because a bard can't usually cast a spell while using barding music. As noted below, you can cast inspirational boost as a swift action that segues into bardic music.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 02:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

C1126

I assume these are supposed to be similar to Inspirational Boost (SpC)? Do you want spell that improves your bardic music in some way or spell that is fueled by bardic music? I mean you could make a spell that lets you initiate inspire courage as a swift action or adds a haste effect to Inspire Greatness or lets the target of Inspire Competence take 10 on the check, or you could make a spell that costs a bardic music use but is in effect a new type of bardic music. Which kind(s) are you looking for?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

C1126
    C1126
    Generally feats, not spells affect bardic music. Hence I directed you to a bunch of feats instead. If you have to make spells, it's going to be difficult because a bard can't cast the spell while using barding music.

Debby
    Indeed- Hence the request for homebrew. However, since it's pathfinder with 3.5 upon request, bards CAN cast spells while doing a Bardic Performance. However, I also believe that there's a feat that grant you the ability to cast spells while having a Bardic Performance going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    C1126
    I assume these are supposed to be similar to Inspirational Boost (SpC)? Do you want spell that improves your bardic music in some way or spell that is fueled by bardic music? I mean you could make a spell that lets you initiate inspire courage as a swift action or adds a haste effect to Inspire Greatness or lets the target of Inspire Competence take 10 on the check, or you could make a spell that costs a bardic music use but is in effect a new type of bardic music. Which kind(s) are you looking for?
    I'm thinking more spells that change bardic performances, though enhancing it wouldn't go amiss. More like Altering the spell- Think Dragonfire Inspiration rather than Inspirational Boost. Preferably not as overpowering as Dragonfire Inspiration, but still, stuff like that. Changing the bonus it grants to lightning damage, adding Haste effects to Inspire Greatness by sacrificing a hit die granted, ect.

Primarily to make something so I'm not just lying here, demanding people do stuff, I'll do something relatively easy.
    Spoiler: H 1128
    Show

Revealing Armor of the Sorceress
    Oftentimes found on people of loose morals and with looser sensibilities, this armor can bearly be deemed armor at all, but is, however, very revealing, and very loose on your person. Magically enchanted to prevent damage, they grant a +4 armor bonus. Up to [Cha Mod] times per day, when an enemy of the opposite gender attacks you, they must make a DC 14+Cha mod will save or be fascinated for 4+1d6 rounds. It, despite the name, is not armor, though it takes up the armor slot.
    It is, however, designed to be augmented by magic, and to save money and time with spellcasting. You may channel spells into the armor to grant it a bonus effect.
    Your other person also was paranoid of having their skin be blemished: You may now cast Protection from Arrows 3/day as a spell like ability at caster level 8 by channeling a level 3 spell into the armor. By channeling a level 5 spell, you may now cast it 50 times per day at caster level 12
    Let it be said that she was always thorough- As a result of the spell, your skin is not only more beautiful, but also more durable to common battle- The armor grants it's wearers DR 10/Magic, absorbing up to 30 damage per spell level you channel into the armor, and grants a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma.

If you do not channel a spell into the armor every morning, the armor cannot be removed until you cast Mage Armor, and it grants a -4 bonus to fortitude and AC.

Construction Requirements:
    Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Mage Armor; Cost 80,000 gp

Note: Sorcerer variant: Men sometimes make variants of the armor designed for themselves- They generally tend to be costlier, but grant an additional +4 AC to attacks that target the lower body (Such as a Halfling's low blow, or Called shots to the Legs) due to the sensativivity of the stuff down there. They also grant the user the ability to make their hair dramaticly flow in the wind [Cha mod] times per day, granting a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks against women.
    Increase the price by 10,000 gold.
    ​Because why should the women have all the sexy outfits.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2015-05-18 at 02:32 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    C1126
    Indeed- Hence the request for homebrew. However, since it's pathfinder with 3.5 upon request, bards CAN cast spells while doing a Bardic Performance. However, I also believe that there's a feat that grant you the ability to cast spells while having a Bardic Performance going on.
    Duly noted. I am not as familiar with Pathfinder as I should be. And as long as the bardic performance doesn't interfere (can't use somatic spells if you are playing an instrument or cast a spell with a verbal component while singing), then it should be okay, as long as the bard has a free action to use. The Spellsong feat allows you to combine bardic performance with spellcasting. See here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/spellsong

Two thumbs up on the sorceress armor by the way.

Debby

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post

C1129

On the second request, would something like Feragenitor's ability, only with constructs, work?
    C1129 Not exactly what I'm after. Cool class though. I was hoping for a more literal transformation of scrolls into skittering Constructs that deliver their magic via touch/attack.
    The biggest hangup for me was how to handle scrolls with multiple spells on them.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

H1126

These look good?

Intensify Performance
    Evocation
    Level: Bard 4.
    Component: S, V
    Casting Time: 1 standard action.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.
    Duration: Special.

You infuse your song with magic weaving the two together so that they become one, the former feeding off of and amplifying the latter.

Any bonuses granted by a bardic performance you begin this round are doubled (a 19th level bard's inspire competence for example would grant a +12 to skill checks) before any other effects which add to their bonuses are applied, however each round of the performance costs 4 rounds of your bardic performance.

Restorative Song
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Bard 1.
    Range: Medium (100-ft + 10-ft/caster level).
    Target: 1 creature under the effects of your bardic music.
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless).
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless).

You weave positive energy through your song, rejuvenating the listener.

When you cast this spell your bardic song becomes restorative, and one creature affected by it becomes healed by its energies. Such a creature regains 1d4 hit points per round that you maintain the song. This is a positive energy effect (thus it does not affect constructs and damages undead).

Ghostly Dirge
    Evocation
    Level: Bard 4.

Your dirge turns truly spectral, its haunting tones becoming something else, something that stirs the hearts of the fearless and of the dead.

You may only cast this spell while performing a Dirge of Doom. When you cast this spell it changes your Dirge of Doom. Undead and creatures immune to fear within the area of effect of your Dirge of Doom whether allies or enemies gain the benefits of your Inspire Courage performance; this is in addition to the dirge's regular effects. If you stop singing this spell effect ends.

Shadow Performer
    Transmutation
    Level: Bard 3.
    Component: M, S, V
    Duration: 1 round/caster level.

Your shadow comes alive, its movements mirroring yours in play but not the song you play now, its voice and music adding to your own in a strange echo.

When you cast this spell it causes your shadow to transform becoming an accompanying singer to you. Whenever you begin a bardic performance or maintain one you may begin or maintain a 2nd. Each bardic performance uses up your daily performances separately. Your shadow cannot perform bardic performances with instruments not in your hands or any performance that is based upon visuals.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C/H. 1129
    This can be easy: cast animate object on the scroll and then read from a distance. Phooey as animate objects doesn't work on scroll.

Also easy: become a 5th level Sortilegic Craftsman and gain this special ability:

Animate Magic Item (Su): At 5th level, you learn the ability to go above and beyond the limits of artificial animation and can make magic items you create into animate constructs. This ability functions exactly like the animate objects spell with a caster level equal to your own but can only work on items you have created(magic or nonmagic). You can only animate one item at a time, but can have any number of nonmagical items animated equal to twice your sortilegic craftsman level, a number of magic items animated equal to your sortilegic craftsman level or any combination thereof. Items animated this way must be in your possession when this ability is used.

See here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...l-Symmetry-PrC

Newest Edit: More complicated: create a scroll golem. Will stat it out shortly. Correction; found one already by Steve Honeywell [needed the wayback machine to find it] but am updating to 3.5 for you and making a few changes to keep it in line with CR such as not making it a walking scroll repository for PCs; I think it should be limited to spell levels HD +3 for example. I changed SR and removed that it could heal itself with spells it shouldn't be able to use. I also added a simple slam attack which I thought it needed. I'm not sure this will work, but if it does, you can see the original here: https://web.archive.org/web/20030602...&article_id=16

Feel free to PEACH as well since I did this rather quickly.

Scroll Golem
    Small Construct
    Hit Dice: 4d10+30* (52 hp)
    Initiative:+2 (+2 Dex)
    Speed: 20 ft. (can't run)
    BAB/Grapple: +3/-2
    Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +1 Dodge +1 size), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Attack: Slam + 4 melee (1d3-1)
    Full Attack: Slam (1d3-1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft. /5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Animate scroll, spells
    Special Qualities: Absorb Spell, construct traits, darkvision 60 ft, extra hit points, immunity to bludgeoning, cold and sonic, low-light vision, scroll sense, spell resistance 5, vulnerability to fire and slashing
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 14, Con --, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 1
    Skills: Decipher Script +12, Forgery +12, Move Silently +9, Spot +9, Use Magic Device (scrolls only) +5
    Feats: Dodge, Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Any land and underground
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: Scrolls (See below)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Advancement: 5-8 (Medium), 9-12 (Large)
    *See extra hit points.

Scroll golems are extremely rare. Their creation requires not only the occurrence of a magical accident, but also the presence of at least 20 written scrolls in the immediate vicinity, at least one of which must contain wish. This wish is used as the scroll golem is created and becomes a blank scroll that is a part of the scroll golem's body. Scrolls in a 30-foot radius around the wish scroll become a part of the new creature; including scrolls that have been prepared for spells but have not yet had a spell written on them.

When near a particularly rich horde, the scroll golem will use any appropriate spells it has to get close to the scrolls it senses and add them to its body. Frequently, invisibility, dimension door, and similar spells are used to get the creature close. Once it has what it desires, it attempts to make a quick escape using other spells, with teleport being favored. A scroll golem will not risk a lot to gain a little. However, it will risk closing with anyone carrying scrolls only if it can greatly increase its stock of spells or acquire particularly potent magic. Scrolls of protection from elements and similar spells that defend against fire damage are greatly desired by scroll golems.

A scroll golem made up of the minimum 20 scrolls is size Small. Each time this number doubles, the scroll golem increases in size. Thus it takes 40 scrolls to make a Medium-size scroll golem, and 80 scrolls for a Large scroll golem.

A scroll golem cannot speak unless it has magic mouth as one of its scrolls. However, it knows several languages and can write in them fluently. They generally know the languages spoken by its creator.

COMBAT

Although scroll golems look quite frail, they are sturdier than their flimsy appearance suggests. They prefer to move in stealth so as not to draw attention to themselves. First, they attack with the spells written on the scrolls that make up their bodies. Because of their physical limitations, scroll golems prefer not to attack from melee range as their slam attack causes so little damage.

Absorb Spells (Su): Small scroll golems have SR 5, Medium ones have SR 10 and Large ones have SR 15. Any spell cast at a scroll golem that fails to overcome the creature's SR is immediately absorbed onto a blank scroll in the golem's body. This spell becomes immediately available for use. A typical Small scroll golem has 1d4+1 blank scrolls on its body at any given time. It usually has spells no higher level than its HD +3. Once all its scrolls are filled, it cannot absorb any more spells.

Animate Scroll (Su): A scroll golem within 10 feet of a magical scroll can animate it. The animated scroll will move to the scroll golem and merge with the creature. Any spells written on the scroll become available for immediate use.

Extra Hit Points (Ex): A scroll golem has 2 hit points per scroll it contains (including blank scrolls). This is in addition to its bonus hit points from its size.

Scroll Sense (Ex): A scroll golem can sense the presence of scrolls from up to 100 feet away. Within 50 feet, it can determine the number of scrolls, relative power and number of spells contained. At ranges of 25 feet or less, the scroll golem can determine the
    exact spells written on the scrolls.

Spells (Sp): Scroll golems can absorb scrolls of any type, providing they are magical or prepared for having magical spells written on them. When created, it is likely that a particular scroll golem will have only one type of spell in it, be that arcane or divine. Over time, however, a scroll golem can accumulate spells of any type. One that has survived for a time will have clerical, druidic, and possibly bardic or other spells available to cast. It can cast one spell per round. Unless otherwise specified, the effect, duration, and DC of a scroll golem's spells is the same as if it were a caster of it HD +3 . When a scroll golem casts a spell from one of its scrolls, the spell fades and cannot be cast again unless it exists elsewhere on a scroll in the golem's body. When possible, a scroll golem will prepare itself with offensive spells before entering combat.

Vulnerabilities (Ex): Scroll golems take double damage from fire except on a successful saving throw. They also take double damage from slashing weapons.

Skills: A scroll golem has a +2 racial bonus on Decipher Script and Forgery checks included in the creature's stat block. Its Use Magic Device skill is limited to scrolls.

Treasure: When a scroll golem is destroyed, most of the scrolls that make up its body are ruined. There will be 1 scroll per HD of various type and power (spells are no higher than HD +3), possibly including blank scrolls, undamaged in the creature's remains.

Construction: Scroll golems are made from 60,000 gp worth of scrolls (cost of the wish scroll is included) and magical tinctures. Creating the body takes a DC 15 Profession (Writer), Craft (Calligraphy), or related skill check.
    Craft Construct, read magic, wish CL 17.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 06:47 PM. Reason: minor proofreading and editing

30. - Top - End - #60

C. 1129
    This can be easy: cast animate object on the scroll and then read from a distance.
    C1129

Animate Objects explicitly does not work on magic items.