New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [PSIGN] IC: Don't Fear the Reaper

"Hello, this is Dagoth McClennan calling on behalf of the Bellune Office of Special Security. I'm looking for Jon Spalli."
    Dagoth gives a pause for the man on the other end to respond.

OoC: If it isn't Spalli answering he'll wait, if it is, he carries on.

"Yes, I am part of a team of BOSS operatives investigating the situation with the Iron Reaper. I assume Agent Kreery has already informed you of our mission? We would like to set up a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to discuss it in person."
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-06-06 at 03:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show
    WAKING NIGHTMARES (Page Link) (Map Link)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

The man on the phone replies "I'm Jon Spalli. Agent Kreery told me about it, yes.

I appreciate any efforts to help catch the terrorists. If you want to meet, come to the City Hall at five PM this evening."

3. - Top - End - #63

"Excellent, we're looking forward to it."

Dagoth hangs up and looks to the other two. "So that gives us roughly three and a half hours to settle our own accomodations and meet up at city hall. Are there any preparations you guys need to make, or can I drive you anywhere first? I'm going to go and check out the barracks."

-

After whatever exchange takes place amongst themselves, he pulls out the card given to him by Caul, programs the number into his phone (stowing the card into his wallet as back-up), then calls him.

"Caul? Dagoth. El-Amin was unreachable, but we're meeting Jon Spalli at the Nium City Hall this evening at 1700 hours. See you there?"
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-06-07 at 12:48 PM.
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Caul's response is not as curt as might have been expected from him at this point. "Looking forwards to it."

Still playing the part of the businessman on holiday, he first purchased a guidebook and spent a few minutes looking through it for any cafe, resturant or similar that was nearby the city hall and therefore would provide a good view of events. Then he would try to see if the city hall had any guided tours or similar scheduled for 5pm, the better to have an excuse for being there.

And then, hopefully aided by his guidebook, he would go for a merry wander to see the sights find a seat in a cafe, order a nice tea, watch the world go by with particular interest on those around the city hall, and work out the best place to cover the meeting from. He decided not to risk arousing suspicion by asking any leading questions about the city hall; that form of subtlety was not his strong point.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not really sure what if anything should be rolled for all this; basically trying to work out blind spots, any exploitable holes in security, good places to put a sniper (be it him or someone else) and all that. I think Profession (soldier) would be the most appropriate, so here goes: (1d20+8)[24]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Caul soon finds that Nium City is fairly sharply divided between wealthy, gated communities and run-down apartment buildings. The 'Bellunian Quarter' is one of the few areas that does feature several hotels and restaurants, and naturally enough a high concentration of Bellunian expatriates. In order to enter it, as well as certain other areas, there are military checkpoints. There is a noticeable but sporadic police presence throughout the city.

The graffiti on the apartment buildings is mostly standard (such as tags for local Histrian gangs), but Caul notices some words in Bellunian next to the image of a skull: FEAR THE REAPER. This motif reoccurs on other buildings, along with 'Bellunians Get Out of Histria!'

City Hall is in what passes for the city center, next to the Bellunian Quarter. It's an ancient building built like a fort, and right in front of the large double doors facing out looms a 15' tall stone statue in the shape of an ancient warrior, complete with dual stone swords, as if to guard the place. Occasionally the statue turns its head as if to look about; clearly some kind of stone golem! Caul also sees several places on the roof - indeed, battlements - where snipers could be hiding.

From the guidebook, he learns that the golem is affectionately known as Old Rocky, and is a noted tourist attraction. The City Hall itself used to have a guided tour, but that was discontinued due to security concerns. It does have a back entrance, but that is off limits to the public.

The surrounding buildings are mainly office buildings. If one were intent on mischief, a sniper on the roof or one of the top floors of these buildings might be well positioned.

He does find a café with a view of Old Rocky. The patrons are mostly Histrians, but Bellunians are not uncommon, often conversing in their native language.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

ooc: What does Sally do, Blue? Also, in what manner does she carry her chainsaw? I've pretty much assumed it is bagged and not visible so far. Also, who rents transportation?

Eric finds accommodation and then wanders for the remaining time, carefully inspecting the local environment for the many things which only he takes interest in. He doesn't find much of great interest at first, just a divided city. He does note some ancient sites, and begins to suspect some kind of pattern in the way the modern city is laid out based on the ancient one.

Dagoth finds the barracks at Theta Base to be adequate, if plain and lacking in privacy. About a hundred Bellunian military 'advisors' reside at the base, and some are shooting for target practice this afternoon. Security is tight at this base, but they know to expect him. There are a number of tanks and armored vehicles at the base as well. The soldiers seem professional.

ooc: Anyone want to do anything else now? If not we'll proceed to the meeting with Jon Spalli.
    Last edited by kinem; 2015-06-11 at 07:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Dagoth makes a thorough search of the immediate area around his bunk, mostly avoiding conversation with others, but making small talk if necessary (though not mentioning who he's working for). If possible, he will look for a schematic of the city hall online to download and look over (if there is wifi via phone?).
    He will then depart the barracks to arrive at city hall at approximately 4:45, keeping an eye out for the other hired BOSS operatives, making his way to the mayor's office itself to enter as close to 5pm as humanly possible.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Dagoth is good to go for the meeting. Does he find a plan of city hall?
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-06-11 at 10:01 PM.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

As City Hall has been a tourist attraction, it's not hard to find a basic layout on the web, but the current configuration of offices within it is not available there.

9. - Top - End - #69

Dagoth waits around for a few minutes to see if any of the others are around. If not, he will make his way inside city hall on his own and let the receptionist know he is here to meet with the mayor.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

You get a text message from Sally indicating that she may not make the meeting as she has been called to another meeting by BoSS higher-ups.

As you enter the Hall, several security guards armed with AK-47s stand ready at the front entrance. A greeter inspects your IDs carefully, but lets you in, tells you to proceed to Meeting Room G, and gives you directions.

The interior of the Hall showcases several pieces of ancient art and armor, though the lighting is modern fluorescent and there are several busy offices that you pass.

In Meeting Room G, you find two men dressed in suits and ties.

"Hello" says the older one. His hair is beginning to gray. "I'm Mayor Spalli."

The other, dark and muscular, rises to shake your hands. "And I am Jern Ali, Security Chief. I understand our Bellunian friends have sent you to help us fight the terrorist known as the Reaper."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Caul is content to sit in the cafe, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious that might happen. He might be better served climbing up to one of the sniper perches, but in the daylight he doesn't entirely trust his chameleon skin to conceal him from vision with the completeness he would feel necessary. Given the lack of necessity to do so, better to stay down here and not arouse suspicion.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eric shakes Jern's hand with a firm grip, if more mechanically than instinctively.

"Indeed. Our objectives align."

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    You get a text message from Sally indicating that she may not make the meeting as she has been called to another meeting by BoSS higher-ups.
    ~Well that's not good. What could be so urgent as to take her away from this so soon?~
    Dagoth, now somewhat troubled, sends a message to Caul informing him that Sally has been summoned to another meeting and asking him if he is coming to meet with the mayor. With a slight hesitation he shakes off his worries and pockets his phone, carrying on past the armed guards to Meeting Room G.

"Mr. Mayor," Dagoth responds upon entering, "I'm Dagoth McClennan, here on behalf of the BOSS." Dagoth then takes Ali's hand, giving a firm shake and making eye contact, "Mr. Ali"

Quote Originally Posted by Hjolnai View Post
    Eric shakes Jern's hand with a firm grip, if more mechanically than instinctively.

"Indeed. Our objectives align."
    "Yes, it is as you say. Unfortunately our knowledge in the matter is rather limited," Dagoth admits. With a pleasant smile he continues, "We were rather hoping you could tell us as much as you can about the Reaper and what you've been doing on your end to stop him. If we can work together in this operation, I believe it will go fairly smoothly."
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-06-18 at 01:53 PM.
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

"Please, have a seat" Mayor Spalli says. "I thought there were four agents coming."

Jern says "I hope we can cooperate as well. The fact is though, we probably don't know much more about the Reaper than what you've already been told. I can give you a list of his targets; lume shipments, a weapons shipment, and Bellunians, mostly. And I can let you speak to some survivors, but they seemed to know little."

15. - Top - End - #75

Dagoth takes the seat and clasps his hands together giving Eric a subtle nod to the chair next to him to follow suit just in case he acts...weird about it.

"Yes, well BOSS has been on its toes as of late, as I'm sure you can imagine. Just trying to make sure all of our resources are being used efficiently, but don't worry, our team will be more than adequate to address the terrorist threat."

~Unfortunate lack of information, but I suppose that's to be expected. At least we've made an appearance though.~

Dagoth furrows his brow at Jern's comments and sighs just a little. "Alright, well a list of targets would be a start. Do you happen to have transcripts of the survivors' reports? That might be a little faster, and then our colleagues would have an opportunity to peruse them as well."
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Caul was getting steadily more frustrated by the unprofessionalism of both the BoSS and his fellow agents. He sent a quick message back to Dagoth. [You and Eric can handle it, I'm sure. I'm nearby in case anything happens.]

17. - Top - End - #77

Eric interrupts before Jern can speak again.

"Cartographical data... might be useful. Locations and dates of attacks may reveal a pattern."

After an awkward pause, he moves on to another topic.

"Personnel disorganization hypothesis: enemy agent in command chain. Disruption cannot be allowed to prevent success."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Jern replies "Yes, we have transcripts. I'll provide them along with the list of attacks."

Mayor Spalli says "Eric, right? What are you saying, that we have a mole? Why do you think so?"

19. - Top - End - #79

"Excellent, thanks" Dagoth says to Jern, then leans back in his chair and listens to what Eric has to say with a raised eyebrow.

~Yes, that's a definite possibility. That's something we'd have to find out a bit more discreetly than he is likely capable of. Not much of a people person.~
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Eric nods.

"Eric, yes. To clarify: BOSS might have a mole. Agents have twice been reassigned with disruptive timing - bureaucratic failure may be the cause, but is unusual on that scale. Enemy action is an equally plausible explanation."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Mayor Spalli replies "Hmm. Reminds me of the old saying: 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's enemy action.'

So what would you have us do? Stop sharing information with you? That would seem counter to your previous request."

22. - Top - End - #82

Dagoth interjects, "That is not what we're suggesting at all. It probably is a coincidence. Regardless, we'll make our concerns known to BOSS, but in the meantime we're going to need everything you can get us on the Reaper. Can you do that for us? The sooner we can get started on this the better."
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Mayor Spalli nods.

Jern says "Very well, I'll have that ready for you in about fifteen minutes. Anything else?"

24. - Top - End - #84

Dagoth looks at Eric before replying, "No, I think that about wraps it up. I'll give you my number in case anything else comes up."
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-06-24 at 09:49 AM.
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Jern asks "What do you intend to do? Will you keep us updated on your activities?"

26. - Top - End - #86

Eric points at himself.

"Will investigate leads, provide relevant details. Analysis of existing information."

He nods, and says no more.

27. - Top - End - #87

Dagoth smirks and nods his head in Eric's direction, "What he said".
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Jern says "Very well. I look forward to hearing what you accomplish. You can wait here while I get the requested information. "

Mayor Spalli says "Good luck" and stands up.

About fifteen minutes after the two men take their leave, Jern Ali returns with the promised documents.

Beep. You got a text from Agent Kreery.

Code:
    Sorry that Chainsaw Sally had to be reassigned. Good news though. I got a new agent assigned to the case. Warrant Officer Roland. He was injured but was just classified as fit to return to duty. His # is attached.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Ali," Dagoth says as he takes the documents, "Let us know if you learn anything and we'll do the same."

Dagoth reads the message and turns to leave, ~That's unfortunate,~ and writes his own message to WO Roland on the way out to talk to Caul.
    Code:
    Warrant Roland, this is Mr. Dagoth McClennan on behalf of the BOSS special team hired to investigate the Reaper's activities. I am told you have been assigned to our team. If you are in the vicinity of Nium City and able to arrive within the hour, we could meet with you in front of City Hall. If not, I am staying at the Theta Base Barracks and we can arrange a meeting for a later time. Please let me know ASAP. -Regards
    As they leave City Hall, Dagoth scans around, looking for Caul. If he doesn't see him, he'll send him a text asking where he is.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    One of Dagoth's SOP's is to enter all relevant phone numbers into his phone as well as to write down a hard copy in a little notebook he carries in case he loses his phone.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-06-26 at 10:50 AM.
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #90

"Thankyou."

With all his words spent, Eric turns and follows Dagoth.