New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [PSIGN] IC: Don't Fear the Reaper

"Complete silence of psionic resonance. Most probable: Barred Mind. Very advanced."

Eric stops his inspection and looks Dagoth in the eye - rather unsettling given his usual unwillingness to do so.

"Never do that again. Dangerous to wield unknown psionic equipment. Potentially fatal."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

So Eric couldn't determine anything about the physical properties of the metallic skeleton, based on his extensive knowledge of materials, technology and engineering?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

When Eric tells Dagoth what the ring does he thinks to himself, ~Now this could be quite useful in my line of work!~

"Yeesh, alright, settle down! Don't worry, I won't do it again," Dagoth replies. Indeed, he does seem a little unnerved by Eric's eye contact. "Anyway, thanks."

Dagoth walks paces a short distance away to call Jern on his cell, informing him of their successful trapping and killing of the Reaper. He'll also let him know that one of the guys got away.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    So Dagoth just went ahead and took the ring for himself without consulting anyone. He kept it since it would be useful for him, but if he would have deemed it more suited to someone else, he would have given it to them. Feel free to challenge him if he steps on anyone's toes in the future. Either way, I know the possibility for danger by just blindly using psionic/magical items, but it's the kind of thing Dagoth would do, though Eric's warning seems to have given him pause for the future ;)
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2015-09-23 at 07:12 AM.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show
    WAKING NIGHTMARES (Page Link) (Map Link)

3. - Top - End - #213

DwarfFighterGuy

Roland watches and listens to the exchange quietly. While the other are talking he reaches into his bag and pulls out his perception skill chip. With the need for stealth past he pops out the one he is currently wearing and pops in the new one. Roland shakes his head when the usual effects of switching start taking effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    His character sheet has the skillchip active, but that will take 10min where he will have -2 to skill checks

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    The metal coating the skeleton looks like some alloy of iron. It seems to be about half an inch thick.

On the phone, Histrian Security Chief Jern Ali tells Dagoth "That's great! Good work from your team. I'll send a Histrian team to the site right away to gather evidence. In the meantime, I'd like you to stay and guard the place. If the Reaper was part of a larger organization, I don't want to risk letting someone remove the evidence before we get there."

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    The metal coating the skeleton looks like some alloy of iron. It seems to be about half an inch thick.

On the phone, Histrian Security Chief Jern Ali tells Dagoth "That's great! Good work from your team. I'll send a Histrian team to the site right away to gather evidence. In the meantime, I'd like you to stay and guard the place. If the Reaper was part of a larger organization, I don't want to risk letting someone remove the evidence before we get there."
    "Roger that. We'll keep a sharp eye out til your team gets here"

Dagoth returns to the group and lets them know that Jern is sending an investigation team to the site, and that we are instructed to just wait out.
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #216

Dagoth will take a look at what everyone else is doing, and suggest to Caul to take a high position where he can see the approach of anyone, friendly or foe, and give everyone warning. After that he begins perusing the warehouse to see if he can find anything else of interest while he awaits the arrival of the Histrian crew.
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Having fulfilled his curiosity by examining ring and Reaper both, Eric limps over to Roland.

"Further healing requested."

8. - Top - End - #218

DwarfFighterGuy

Roland nods and channels a pulse of energy healing Eric. He distributes the healing over the three injured members 10hp each.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    10pp to heal 30hp 10 per injured member. If we are in rounds still, next round he will use his transfer wounds ability. But I need to look up the details for mechanics when I'm n on the phone.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryk View Post
    Dagoth will take a look at what everyone else is doing, and suggest to Caul to take a high position where he can see the approach of anyone, friendly or foe, and give everyone warning. After that he begins perusing the warehouse to see if he can find anything else of interest while he awaits the arrival of the Histrian crew.
    ooc: There is much of potential interest in the warehouse: Computers, sealed crates, and the dead gunmen being perhaps high on the list. Does Dagoth look for anything in particular?

10. - Top - End - #220

DwarfFighterGuy

Once that healing is complete Roland walks up to Eric and touches him, using his transfer wounds ability. He pauses for a moment after using the ability, struggling to suppress the tax on his own system.

Spoiler: Transfer wounds
    Show
    Robert heals Eric (4d6)[11] health and takes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

Spoiler: Roland
    Show
    Warrent Officer Roland
    m LE Human Vitalist (SoulThief), Level 10, Init 3, HP 25/90, Non-lethal 11hp Speed 40ft
    AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, CMD 16, Fort 13, Ref 8, Will 16, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Walther PPK (.32 auto) 8 (2d4, 4)
    Light duty vest (+8 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 11, Wis 24, Cha 7
    Condition None

Edit: adding in non-lethal
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2015-09-29 at 07:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Dagoth checks the gunmen and collects their wallets and cell phones. He then checks out then the sealed crates, and then the computers.

The dead gunmen do have driver's licenses and credit cards in their wallets, along with some Histrian currency. All appear to be Histrians. Each has a cell phone as well (password locked).

The Reaper had a wallet in his pants as well. It contains not one but many driver's licenses, with different identities, along with Histrian cash. He too had a cell phone.

Some of the crates contain lume, but the total amount here is about half a shipment - much less than what was stolen in the Reaper raids. The crates with the LAWs in them contain about half as many as the stolen shipment would have had. There is also one crate which contains iron bars, and some which are empty.

There are three desktop computers in the warehouse, in the back room. One runs the security cameras. Another has a shooter game running on it, waiting for a player. The third requires a password to log on. There are also notes on the desk with the latter relating to shipments, some printed out from a nearby printer.

12. - Top - End - #222

As Dagoth rifles through the men's belongings he takes pictures of their license cards with his phone and pockets the cash. He gathers all the licenses and phones together to give to the investigation team upon their arrival, making sure to keep the Reaper's stuff separate. He also grabs up all the shipping notes and printouts and stows them away for later research.
    He takes a look around to see if there are any disks or drives he can copy the security footage onto and study later. Once he gets to the password protected computer he tries a couple really lame passwords (Reaper, 12345678) before giving up. He also tries out the shooter game for a minute, since they're just waiting.

Dagoth returns to the group after his search. "Most of the lume and the LAWs are missing. They must have a main base of operations elsewhere. I got their phones and licenses, and there are some computers, but I'm no hacker."
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Each of the eight fallen gunmen had on average the equivalent of about $100 in his wallet, while the Reaper had double that.

About half an hour later the Histrian team arrives at the warehouse. It consists of four men and three women, dressed in dark outfits, and is led by Bernard Ali.

"Hello! Yes, I am Jern Ali's cousin, but I assure you that there was no nepotism involved. We are a patriotic family and have had several role models in the family who did good work for the government, that is all."

They offer first aid to any who wish it, but at this point Roland has you sufficiently well patched up that you don't need it.

The Histrians take photos of everything, as well as blood samples from the dead gunmen. They confiscate the wallets and the computers. "Did you find anything else of interest?

What, they had no cash on them? Really? Yet it must be so, for surely you famous Bellunian spies can not be corrupt, can you? Not the great BOSS men which Histrians are supposed to learn from as if Bellunians are so much better? Surely it cannot be!"
    Last edited by kinem; 2015-10-05 at 11:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

"Who carries cash on them these days?" Dagoth replies, evading the question, "Nice to meet you Bernard. I'm Dagoth. I gathered all their cellphones for you, but I checked and they're all password protected. Also, I checked the crates and it seems most of the lume and LAW's have been taken elsewhere. One of the minions fled, so he is likely going to warn the others. We should check the security footage and see which way he went and if he took a vehicle we could run the plates. We'll have to follow up at the addresses and identities of all these guys. As for the Reaper, it'll take forever to figure out his ID. But check out that suit! Could be that there is more than one so-called 'Reaper'. Any idea where something like this could've been made?"

~Brennet Air Force Base comes to mind...~

Dagoth crouches down beside the Reaper suit to take a closer look. Now that he is seeing things up close, the scythe weapon piques his interest. He looks to see if there are any symbols or other defining features on it. He'll check the suit as well.
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #225

DwarfFighterGuy

Roland watches the exchange between the too but says nothing out loud. Instead over his telepathic link he tells Dagoth, "Be careful would you, trouble is not worth a few hundred bucks."

Out loud he does say, Think there is any chance we could catch that bike. Can we get a license plate off a video feed? Either from this building or one on the street he went up.

Roland will begin looking into that on his own if no-one replies.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

"Dagoth, isn't it? Well, that's who I'd say! Heh heh. Fine, whatever, but I know the tricks.

Checking the security footage is a good idea. If we can get a plate that could be a big help in finding him." Bernard Ali orders one of his men "Rogerto, you go work on that.

The phones we can crack.

The Reaper ... wow. A skeleton coated in metal! I guess there could be more than one but it would surely be difficult make such things. It would take much money and psionic power. I am getting an idea and not liking it. The missing lume, it could supply those things.

Well, good work after all I admit. We'll contact you when we learn more. Until then, you can go and get a bit of R and R."

ooc: Though it can be referred to as the Reaper's 'suit' with a bit of poetic license, what remains of the Reaper is indeed just bones covered in metal. Oh, and his clothing, but there doesn't seem to be anything special about that.

The scythe is no longer present; it was a manifestation of psionic force which vanished as soon as the Reaper was slain.

ooc: Do you want to do anything else here or should we fast forward to when the Histrians contact you again?
    Last edited by kinem; 2015-10-07 at 11:59 PM.