New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D IV: Oh, the Inhumanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Age of Ultron is not a mild distraction, its a gap in the storyline, and its large enough to fly a helicarrier through!
    So they were hiding the carrier in the plot hole? That explains why nobody found it till now.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Way I see it when May finally corners Coulson and gets a decent explanation he mentions Independence Day the Movie and how one of the protagonist's has his father come along who explains that to hide certain bills they're listed as something mundane so instead of toilet seats he seemingly orders Bunk beds and sufficient numbers of bunk beds gets you a fully built Helicarrier just what Fury ordered mind you makes you wonder if he's hiding an infinity stone with his ability to recognise what assets he needs and conveniently has built for him!

Is it bad I'd rather have Warlock be carrying the Soul Gem with the Collector unaware it was in his collection until freed by that explosion?

So we have the Guardians meet Warlock unaware he bears that gem and in the fight against Thanos when he recovers the Power Gem, Warlock sacrifices himself to save the Guardians making the fight even more personal for them as well as revealing Thanos is Starlord's Uncle?

Yeah not so sure on that last point but it would be an interesting twist to explain why Thanos isn't interested in killing him and more inclined to talk to him than his other lackeys.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    The Aether (Confirmed as Reality Gem) was hidden somewhere, the Convergence just happened to open a portal between london and its hiding place.

Apparently Thanos had the Mind Gem, he gave it to Loki.

Asgard stashed the Space Gem on Earth.

The Power Gem was hidden on that one planet out in space.
    currently no sign of the Soul or Time gems.

As of right now.

Asgard is holding onto the Space Gem.

The Reality Gem is in the hands of the Collector (he may be shady, but if you want something to sit and never be used ever, giving it to The Collector isn't a bad move).

The Power Gem is being protected by the Nova Corps.

The Mind Gem is currently powering The Vision.

My guess is that the Soul Gem may show up in Captain Marvel, to replace the Psycho-Magnetron (AKA Exploding Alien Wish Machine) as the source of her powers.
    I see absolutely zero reason it would show up in Captain Marvel, especially since if they just wanted to substitute a source of powers they already have Inhuman In A Can from Agents.

If Soul Gem is going to show up anywhere it's going to show up in either Dr. Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy 2 IF they introduce Adam Warlock.

Canonically, the Soul Gem is currently in the possession of Dr. Strange in comic book continuity, and Adam Warlock has always featured heavily in any Soul Gem timelines in the comics.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Age of Ultron is not a mild distraction, its a gap in the storyline, and its large enough to fly a helicarrier through!
    See, I disagree. One of the things I had issues with was the vast reduction in size when SHIELD fell. For every level 6 operative, there are more level 5s, and even more level 4s and so on. Most of the low level employees wouldn't be a threat when HYDRA took over and need to be eliminated. They would still be around. After all of the government investigations, most of these folks would simply be out of a job.

Yes, AoS seemed to indicate that there were a handful of SHIELD folks left. Their bases were largely empty. Where did all the janitors, plumbers, painters, welders, electricians, and so on, go?

The Theta protocol provides a plausible explanation for where so many of these people went.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    See, I disagree. One of the things I had issues with was the vast reduction in size when SHIELD fell. For every level 6 operative, there are more level 5s, and even more level 4s and so on. Most of the low level employees wouldn't be a threat when HYDRA took over and need to be eliminated. They would still be around. After all of the government investigations, most of these folks would simply be out of a job.

Yes, AoS seemed to indicate that there were a handful of SHIELD folks left. Their bases were largely empty. Where did all the janitors, plumbers, painters, welders, electricians, and so on, go?

The Theta protocol provides a plausible explanation for where so many of these people went.
    Ah no...all those people would be way too many, too diverse, and too low in both experience and trust in Coulson and Koenig to keep something like a helicarrier underwraps.

So when is Agents or Agent Carter or the spinoff starting. What will be next seasons theme and fight?

Secret Warriors? A Skye led team? Radical changes to the show's make up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

6. - Top - End - #276
    Colossus in the Playground

Ah no...all those people would be way too many, too diverse, and too low in both experience and trust in Coulson and Koenig to keep something like a helicarrier underwraps.

So when is Agents or Agent Carter or the spinoff starting. What will be next seasons theme and fight?

Agent Carter always (probably) happens mid way through the regular season. It'll be starting at the same time it did last time.

As for theme, the general idea based on what we've seen is "Inhumans are gonna start popping up more often, our heroes will have to deal with them, see which are worthy of joining Skye Team Six. Deal with whatever happened with Simmons, and finally dealing with Ward's Hydra/Serpent Society group. Which will likely also include some InHuman's he's gotten to join him."

It'll probably also feature the return of Donny Blizzard, managing to revive himself. And probably Doctor Gravitron as well, seeing as how we now have supers on the team to deal with it.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

So I was stocking fishing rods last night, and since my job effectively requires me to use basically zero actual brainpower my mind wanders at times, and I have deduced that Skye (Daisy) Johnson's Middle name.

Spoiler
    Show
    First I will provide evidence.

1. Her Mother is a Vampire, so she fights Vampires.

2. She has gone on what a normal person, could call a Bizarre Adventure.

3. The first two letters of her name..are J and O

4. Her awakened power is incredibly obscure in terms of what it can actually do, much like Hamon

Thus, Skye's middle name is...Joestar because she is a Jojo

No, that is not at all meant to be serious..but I consider it true facts because it makes her even more awesome.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    So I was stocking fishing rods last night, and since my job effectively requires me to use basically zero actual brainpower my mind wanders at times, and I have deduced that Skye (Daisy) Johnson's Middle name.

Spoiler
    Show

4. Her awakened power is incredibly obscure in terms of what it can actually do, much like Hamon

No, that is not at all meant to be serious..but I consider it true facts because it makes her even more awesome.
    Hah! You just made me laugh at my work, and people gave me weird looks. So thanks for that.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post

Spoiler
    Show

The real question is, what card does her Stand suggest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    A SD Card, DUH.
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2015-06-09 at 08:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    As a massive fan of Jojo the answer to this is obvious.

A Quake! A Quake!

After they're done with Tarot cards and Egyptian gods they go to music btw.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-06-09 at 09:33 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

The spin-off isn't going forward. They've already announced that two characters are returning:

Spoiler: Cast News
    Show

Lincoln and Mack are returning for next season as regulars

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    The spin-off isn't going forward. They've already announced that two characters are returning:

Spoiler: Cast News
    Show

Lincoln and Mack are returning for next season as regulars
    Oh good. I thought the spin-off wasn't a particularly good idea myself, and I wanted to see them more on this show.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

It could have worked. But the idea of doing it with Mockingbird was sorta annoying. I'd have much rather had Avengers Academy myself.
    "I Burn!"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    It could have worked. But the idea of doing it with Mockingbird was sorta annoying. I'd have much rather had Avengers Academy myself.
    You mean what Captain America and Black Widow are doing? We all know there's zero chance of that coming to TV.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

More like the Spinoff Focusing on Skye recruiting inhumans and other gifted just coming into there powers and turning them into a super team, or several super teams depending on scale. Some/all of whom are possibly of a younger persuasion.

What Cap and Widow are doing is a retread of one of the avengers issues from back during the Kirby run. 37 I think the number was, were basically everyone but Cap left at once for awhile.

and in this case they made out better, since Warmachine can actually fight and Vision and Scarlet Witch are actually powerful. Not what the team form that comics issue had going for it at all.
    "I Burn!"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

More like the Spinoff Focusing on Skye recruiting inhumans and other gifted just coming into there powers and turning them into a super team, or several super teams depending on scale. Some/all of whom are possibly of a younger persuasion.

What Cap and Widow are doing is a retread of one of the avengers issues from back during the Kirby run. 37 I think the number was, were basically everyone but Cap left at once for awhile.

and in this case they made out better, since Warmachine can actually fight and Vision and Scarlet Witch are actually powerful. Not what the team form that comics issue had going for it at all.
    A spinoff focusing on Skye recruiting inhumans and other gifteds to join a super-team? Isn't that the plan for Season 3?

18. - Top - End - #288

A spinoff focusing on Skye recruiting inhumans and other gifteds to join a super-team? Isn't that the plan for Season 3?
    Metahuman is theorizing on what a spin off could be.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Metahuman is theorizing on what a spin off could be.
    I know, but I thought the question was, what would make a good spin off [that could actually happen]? Skye training a superhero team is...what I thought we all figured would central in Season 3...

Incidentally, someone should do this trailer for the next season:

Honest Trailers Presents:

Season 3 of Agents of Shield: We finally admit what we've been going for all along and we'll officially change the name to "Agents of Skye"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

I know, but I thought the question was, what would make a good spin off [that could actually happen]? Skye training a superhero team is...what I thought we all figured would central in Season 3...

Incidentally, someone should do this trailer for the next season:

Honest Trailers Presents:

Season 3 of Agents of Shield: We finally admit what we've been going for all along and we'll officially change the name to "Agents of Skye"
    Except that if instead of making it season 3 you made it's own spin off show, you could focused more on Shield characters who aren't skye on the Shield show, and let that focus on being spy vs. spy stuff with just the occasional reference to the super stuff, while the Skye show focuses on being all about super stuff.

Meaning one show get's to be at it's best while the other get's to fill a wide open market that really does have a lot of potential.
    "I Burn!"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Except that if instead of making it season 3 you made it's own spin off show, you could focused more on Shield characters who aren't skye on the Shield show, and let that focus on being spy vs. spy stuff with just the occasional reference to the super stuff, while the Skye show focuses on being all about super stuff.

Meaning one show get's to be at it's best while the other get's to fill a wide open market that really does have a lot of potential.
    That's a good point.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Ludicrously late to the party - but them's the breaks to have to avoid spoilers (which SHIELD definately warrants) and because in the UK we're somewhat behind (as far as I know), but I have now seen the end of season two!

Well, I don't know what the general consensus is, but I really liked it once again!

Spoiler
    Show
    Dammit, though, Ward survived. (I am SO glad they kept him as a villain and not make some sort of half-arsed attempt to redeem him or something.) Ya really shouldn't shot him in the head when you had the chance, Skye. Kudos for May on having him shoot Kara those, that was priceless. And, of course, Ward is blaming everyone else again...

Gemma has come a LOOOONG way this season. Pity she didn't succeed in killing Ward really...

Why do I get the feeling Coulson losing an arm is just going to mean he gets a cybernetic one and gets even more badass?

Skye had also come a long way. Last season I ws kind of take-her-or-leave her, but with this season, adding a solid dose of professionalism (without entirely losing her innocence - not unlike Coulson himself) definitely pushed into Best Character Who Isn't Phil Coulson territory.

Of the new faces, Mack and Bobby I could take or leave, but Hunter was brilliant.

And the sad part is, I am now officially out of Telly. With the end of this season of SHIELD and Murdoch Mysteries, and the permenant end of CSI, that's it until Doctor Who and next year...

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Ludicrously late to the party - but them's the breaks to have to avoid spoilers (which SHIELD definately warrants) and because in the UK we're somewhat behind (as far as I know), but I have now seen the end of season two!

Well, I don't know what the general consensus is, but I really liked it once again!

Spoiler
    Show
    Dammit, though, Ward survived. (I am SO glad they kept him as a villain and not make some sort of half-arsed attempt to redeem him or something.) Ya really shouldn't shot him in the head when you had the chance, Skye. Kudos for May on having him shoot Kara those, that was priceless. And, of course, Ward is blaming everyone else again...

Gemma has come a LOOOONG way this season. Pity she didn't succeed in killing Ward really...

Why do I get the feeling Coulson losing an arm is just going to mean he gets a cybernetic one and gets even more badass?

Skye had also come a long way. Last season I ws kind of take-her-or-leave her, but with this season, adding a solid dose of professionalism (without entirely losing her innocence - not unlike Coulson himself) definitely pushed into Best Character Who Isn't Phil Coulson territory.

Of the new faces, Mack and Bobby I could take or leave, but Hunter was brilliant.

And the sad part is, I am now officially out of Telly. With the end of this season of SHIELD and Murdoch Mysteries, and the permenant end of CSI, that's it until Doctor Who and next year...
    I liked Mack, mostly because he bonded with Fitz early, but his response to Gordon on the ship elevated him in my eyes.

Also, I love what they did with Skye and her dad. Doctor Cal's entire arc throughout the season was masterfully done.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Was Simmons attempt at Ward an indication of character growth or simply a case of character change. Simmons can now lie, deceive, and stab in the back like a real agent, but I'm not sure her character had come together as a coherent whole with a rational core, or is a fractured, emotional, and slightly neurotic mess by the end of it.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground

Was Simmons attempt at Ward an indication of character growth or simply a case of character change. Simmons can now lie, deceive, and stab in the back like a real agent, but I'm not sure her character had come together as a coherent whole with a rational core, or is a fractured, emotional, and slightly neurotic mess by the end of it.
    Definitely the latter.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

In the same vein, I wouldn't say that her devolving moral character makes her less interesting as a written, fictional character. While I don't love how abruptly the show seems to throw her into the 'Fantastic Racism' camp, it admittedly does have good reasons for it and takes her character in a darker direction that I actually like. It helps that Henstridge has the chops to pull off a more broken Simmons than the perky one we've gotten so accustomed to.

I can't wait to see what Season 3 has in store for us on that front.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I love what they did with Skye and her dad. Doctor Cal's entire arc throughout the season was masterfully done.
    Eh, I still think the "I did it all for her" bit came too sudden and a bit out of nowhere. I mean, Cal always was a kind of conflicted and hard to pin down character, but suddenly all he did is more or less okay because he was manipulated by his racist wife?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Eh, I still think the "I did it all for her" bit came too sudden and a bit out of nowhere. I mean, Cal always was a kind of conflicted and hard to pin down character, but suddenly all he did is more or less okay because he was manipulated by his racist wife?
    Yeah, I still think he got off lightly.
    They should have stuck him in a holding cell.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

I liked Mack, mostly because he bonded with Fitz early, but his response to Gordon on the ship elevated him in my eyes.
    That was what elevated him in my opinion from "wouldn't have been at all sorry to see go," which is where he was in my opinion before that last one, two episodes. He lost whatever good faith he'd generated before with that mess with Hunter, who is like a saint or something for just letting him off for that...

Growth. Definitely.

She can't afford to remain an complete innocent, she's in the field and the line of fire far too much for that. Her job requires her to have an edge, and she's finally got one. That is an entirely positive attribute, in my opinion. In exactly the same way Skye's willingness to kill when required - just like, y'know, the rest of the agents - not to mention soldiers and armed law-enforcement the world over - have to do. You can't do that job and not be prepared to have to do that when necessary. (And only when necessary, as always, exemplified by Coulson himself.) She stopped being just a lab tech the moment she went undercover with HYDRA.

Much as Ward is an excellent villain, from a moral standpoint, he needs putting down as hard as possible and as fast as possible. That both of them made a spirited attempt speaks volumes for their character, in my opinion.

Considering he was quite clearly medically insane due to ramming his system with random drugs, I don't think it is unreasonable, especially since the start all he's been obsessed with Skye...

And actually wiping his memories is an action that I consider pretty evil anyway. The only reasons I'm prepared to let it pass without comment is that a) it's arguably safer than leaving him looked up with that knowledge and obession because all know how well prisons work in super-hero fiction and b) they didn't completely wipe his memory and identity (as Babylon 5 and Star Trek did when they did it), which I consider a soul-crime far worse than murder and the absolute opposite of being merciful: something that is monstrous and unforgivable in the very highest degree.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2015-06-17 at 07:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The thing is, the things he did were not at all okay because he was manipulated by his wife. That is why they erased the memories of what he did so that he could start with a blank slate.

He did many bad things, and in the end he accepted those things being bad which is why he got some leniency, as terrible as TAHITI is and I do agree with Aotrs a bit in that it is a much worse punishment than just death, but on the other hand. It does give him a second chance at a normal life.