New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Avalon, Eldarond - Wedding Reception

The radiation bath was something that niether Ulvin nor Robin could have ever expected. They had heard and felt the first two explosions but now they were faced with something else completely. Husband and wife immediately lept into action.

Ulvin lifted his arms up to the sky and with a great and violent motion he pulled dark and terrible stormclouds over Avalon and with another pull, clepansing rain did fall down over the city. Fires were put out and the radiation in the air was washed away by the supernatural waters.

Robin on the otherhand immediately dashed off to alert Ulvin's clergy so that they might go out into the city and locate the wounded with the goal of providing healing and general assistance.

When all was said and done, both deities rounded on the goblin diplomat and Ulvin rached down to grab the goblin by his frilled collar with a snarl. "Go back to Krenko-Ka and prepare your defenses, worm."

"Defenses!? We should crush them now!" exclaimed Robin as she yanked the goblin diplomat out of Ulvin's grasp, a spear of flame appearing in her free hand.

"No. We are better than them. Let the scum scurry back and prepare to recieve Eldarond's forces." He wrenched the goblin diplomat from his wife's hand and tossed the creature to the ground with a sickening thud/squish. "Crawl, little worm. Crawl away."

Ulvin turned his eyes to the cloudy sky as rain poured down upon them. "Paladins! Prepare the ships!"

Spoiler: Ulvin Actions
    Show

-1AP Nourishment, Cleansing Rains: Ulvin summons a great storm of cleansing rain to put out the fires and wash away the radiation. Those already effected by the radiation remain effected though the rain prevents anyone else from being effected.

Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Avatar Battle - Dred Oleg, Cassandra

Cassandra smiles, and prepares to meet the attack. Not for her the savage or gaudy displays, her life has been far too long for such trivialities to matter. Only combat, now.

(2d6)[5]
    Dred Olg moves quickly, striking first in this combat of Avatars, her oil constructs squeezing the speaker of the forest. "I demand to speak to Perneith! You will not deny me, you worm!"

(2d6)[5]

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post

The radiation bath was something that niether Ulvin nor Robin could have ever expected. They had heard and felt the first two explosions but now they were faced with something else completely. Husband and wife immediately lept into action.

Ulvin lifted his arms up to the sky and with a great and violent motion he pulled dark and terrible stormclouds over Avalon and with another pull, clepansing rain did fall down over the city. Fires were put out and the radiation in the air was washed away by the supernatural waters.

Robin on the otherhand immediately dashed off to alert Ulvin's clergy so that they might go out into the city and locate the wounded with the goal of providing healing and general assistance.

When all was said and done, both deities rounded on the goblin diplomat and Ulvin rached down to grab the goblin by his frilled collar with a snarl. "Go back to Krenko-Ka and prepare your defenses, worm."

"Defenses!? We should crush them now!" exclaimed Robin as she yanked the goblin diplomat out of Ulvin's grasp, a spear of flame appearing in her free hand.

"No. We are better than them. Let the scum scurry back and prepare to recieve Eldarond's forces." He wrenched the goblin diplomat from his wife's hand and tossed the creature to the ground with a sickening thud/squish. "Crawl, little worm. Crawl away."

Ulvin turned his eyes to the cloudy sky as rain poured down upon them. "Paladins! Prepare the ships!"
    Ignus looks upwards, "See... You really shouldn't trust just anyone." She sighs. "You're going to have trouble with Ahn and Grenzo at this rate. Not that I'm complaining mind you."
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Avalon, Eldarond - Aftermath

Drenched in rain, Ulvin turned to look at Ignus, no humor in his eyes. "Krenko-Ka has attacked Eldarond. I care not for which deities they worship. My wife and I shall not take any personal action unless their gods do."

Robin stepped up behind her husband, her halo of flame thrashing about in the downpour and the rain sizzles against her heated flesh. "Should the time come that Divine Action is necessary, Krenko-Ka will experience true and terrible Destruction. Otherwise, we as deities will remain as advisors and commanders to our armies."

"The souls of the Courageous will be many but not nearly as many as the goblins of Krenko-Ka. They will need a place to rest." said Ulvin as he turned his attention to his wife.

"They will." said Robin as she turned her attention to the Void and in a distant place, removed from this place, a plane was brought into being. A plane that would serve a dual purpose as both an afterlife for the Faithful and a home to Ulvin and Robin.

Robin redirects her attention to her husband for a moment before looking towards Ignus. "We will form a pantheon for the good of Stoixia. You yourself have followers upon this continent do you not? Join us." A great spear of solidified light appears in Robin's left hand as she extends her right arm towards the older fire goddess with a face full of firey determination.

Spoiler: Ulvin AP
    Show

-1AP Create Plane, Somara
    -2AP Create Pantheon, Guardians of Stoixia
    *Dogma - Protect Stoixia

Spoiler: Robin AP
    Show

-2AP Create Plane, Somara
    -1AP Join Pantheon, Guardians of Stoixia
    *Dogma - Act through mortals
    -1AP Nourishment, Souls of the Faithful
    -3AP Create Artifact, Summer's Light: A powerful spear made of pure an unsullied light to serve as Robin's weapon.

Spoiler: Somara
    Show

Somara exists as endless rolling plains filled with hills and grass and flowers and a sprinkle of great trees here and there. At the center of Somara stands a great tower of Light built as a mirror of Divine Decree, easily a hundred times it's size and a thousand stories tall. This tower is also called Divine Decree, Ulvin and Robin's Throneroom upon the bottom most floor, the 999 floors above housing great cities which fill with the souls of the faithful. Oussia shines above in Somara's sky, permanently bathing the plane in Summer.

Normal Gravity
    Timeless
    Infinite size
    Divinely Morphic
    Positive-Dominant
    Strongly Good Aligned
    Mildly Law Aligned
    Coterminous-Top floor of both Divine Decrees.

Last edited by Hatter; 2015-06-12 at 09:56 PM.
    Currently Playing

5. - Top - End - #485

Avalon, Eldarond - Aftermath

Drenched in rain, Ulvin turned to look at Ignus, no humor in his eyes. "Krenko-Ka has attacked Eldarond. I care not for which deities they worship. My wife and I shall not take any personal action unless their gods do."

Robin stepped up behind her husband, her halo of flame thrashing about in the downpour and the rain sizzles against her heated flesh. "Should the time come that Divine Action is necessary, Krenko-Ka will experience true and terrible Destruction. Otherwise, we as deities will remain as advisors and commanders to our armies."

"The souls of the Courageous will be many but not nearly as many as the goblins of Krenko-Ka. They will need a place to rest." said Ulvin as he turned his attention to his wife.

"They will." said Robin as she turned her attention to the Void and in a distant place, removed from this place, a plane was brought into being. A plane that would serve a dual purpose as both an afterlife for the Faithful and a home to Ulvin and Robin.

Robin redirects her attention to her husband for a moment before looking towards Ignus. "We will form a pantheon for the good of Stoixia. You yourself have followers upon this continent do you not? Join us." A great spear of solidified light appears in Robin's left hand as she extends her right arm towards the older fire goddess with a face full of firey determination.

Spoiler: Ulvin AP
    Show

-1AP Create Plane, Somara
    -2AP Create Pantheon, Guardians of Stoixia
    *Dogma - Protect Stoixia

Spoiler: Robin AP
    Show

-2AP Create Plane, Somara
    -1AP Join Pantheon, Guardians of Stoixia
    *Dogma - Act through mortals
    -1AP Nourishment, Souls of the Faithful
    -3AP Create Artifact, Summer's Light: A powerful spear made of pure an unsullied light to serve as Robin's weapon.

Spoiler: Somara
    Show

Somara exists as endless rolling plains filled with hills and grass and flowers and a sprinkle of great trees here and there. At the center of Somara stands a great tower of Light built as a mirror of Divine Decree, easily a hundred times it's size and a thousand stories tall. This tower is also called Divine Decree, Ulvin and Robin's Throneroom upon the bottom most floor, the 999 floors above housing great cities which fill with the souls of the faithful. Oussia shines above in Somara's sky, permanently bathing the plane in Summer.

Normal Gravity
    Timeless
    Infinite size
    Divinely Morphic
    Positive-Dominant
    Strongly Good Aligned
    Mildly Law Aligned
    Coterminous-Top floor of both Divine Decrees.

Ignus taps her chin thoughtfully. I am afraid that I cannot in good conscience join your group at this time. My daughter has corrupted the upper reaches. I will not do battle with my own flesh and blood children, and protecting this land, would require that I do so at some point. If and when she no longer holds sway here, at that time I will gladly join." She nods.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

Are they magical? Wait are your troops magical? We can help with a war. The Shoglings have been a bit antsy lately. Not enough meat for us all on our island and our god forbids war against other Shoglings. We don't have many ships right now though but I'm sure we could help. Unless you are magical and they aren't. Then we would need to pray to Shog for an answer first. The Brain says. It felt slightly uncomfortable and the Shoglings holding its litter seemed to be shifting a bit but they seemed to be fine beyond being a bit antsy.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Avalon, Eldarond - Wedding Reception/Aftermath

"Unfortunate." satated the King-Knight as he turned his attention from his wife to Ignus.

"Though completely understandable and respectable." added Robin without skipping a beat.

Ulvin the glanced over at the Shoglings and the Brain, Lawful creatures as far as he can tell. "A good number of Eldarond's forces are paladins and clerics, a few psionics and a large number of regular soldiers and mechs. The goblins of Krenko-Ka are in general a secretive lot. They utilize technology, some of the likes we have yet to see."

Robin then rounded on the Shoglings. "I have never heard of this...Shog."
    Currently Playing

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Shog is our great and just god. He created the Great Plane of Shog, the plane the Shoglings natively inhabit. As you can probably guess from our inquiries, one of the main teachings of Shog is that magic inherently corrupts. It creates shortcuts, breeds laziness and drains our resolve. They are a race focused on discipline, strength of arms and forced evolution. Our entire race is unable to be spell casters, are highly resistant to all forms of magic and warriors can grow stronger just from being near spell casters and those who can cast spells.They procreate at a massive rate thanks to a trait they have bred into the queens. However, unless you let us bring a queen to the main land that won't help us much. Only so much food can be grown near the portal on the island and only so many ships can be built in our shipyard. It would help the fight a lot if we were allowed a queen around if we were allies.

So when you say technology, how far forward are we talking about? Was it technology that did that? We don't like allying with magic users but I understand it is tempting and it doesn't sound like you are over reliant. Plus using anything instead of training or skill is unacceptable. There would be some terms to the alliance but I can negotiate that later with whoever you wish with out the representatives of the people you are blaming for the attack right here.
    The Brain says. They probably didn't need to know the costs associated with letting a queen anywhere near land. The lands itself would never be the same anywhere a Shogling settlement sets up.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2015-06-12 at 11:06 PM.

Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

The Post Wedding Bash
    TukTuk perked up at the explosions and then assumption that Grenzo had done it. He carefully set down his guitar and then stomped the amp into ash before yelling out "He do nothing! Otherwise we have to fight mother too and no one want that! Will go inform though, get goblins ready." With that he disappeared in a pool of magma, leaving it there to sizzle in the rain.

Krenko-Ka City
    The Aram were in a bind. Eldarond was a decent trade partner for the Rix Maadi and they weren't entirely responsible for what had just happened at their forefathers city. But they were Goblinoids and they had to defend their brothers and sisters. After some debating it was decided that they'd get rid of their old models in a grand battle.

The Kixian Horde
    The Horde awoke with the dual Suns. From the forests the Kix began to surge forth and began to wash against the cities of Northern Demiourgia, minus the Shivian Plains where plants don't grow. Each city found themselves tested against a hazy tide of pollen before the barbarians clashed against what defenses they had.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 1; Chaos, Cultist, Divinities, Sin PAP; Cauldron, MIC Charge

Lustria: 7

Hlo: 3; Moon, Sin PAP
    Sin: Pestilence - The Northern Demiourgia landmass (minus Shivian Plains) is covered in a haze of pollen that causes intense lethargy that affects every non-plant living creatures) just as the Kix attack the bigger settlements in a great WAAAGH.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

The rain had come to a stop and the brilliant rays of Oussia's Summer light poured through and upon everyone. Ulvin and Robin looked at each other for a moment before turning back to the Brain and the Shoglings.

"What then would be the exact terms of your kind joining in an alliance with us?" Ask Ulvin quite bluntly and Robin immediately followed with. "Food. What exactly is it that your kind requires? We have food aplenty."

Port Raden, Eldarond - The Navy

Port Raden was bustling with activity, the kind it has never seen before. Knights and paladins and clerics and soldiers along with hundred of Knights of Silver mechs assembled for battle.

Cargos were being loaded into the ships, supplies were being transported in via wagons and carriages. Commanders shouted orders and despite all of this, everything worked in perfect order.

It was time for retaliation against Krenko-Ka for daring to attack the Kingdom of Eldarond. The goblins would feel the full might of the Eldarond Navy.
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Avatar Battle - Dred Oleg, Cassandra.
    + (Valask - annoying bystander)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Dred Olg moves quickly, striking first in this combat of Avatars, her oil constructs squeezing the speaker of the forest. "I demand to speak to Perneith! You will not deny me, you worm!"
    A jesting laughter rattles from atop a tall tree along with a ringing of little bells. Valask, the mad jester, appears on a sturdy branch.

"Oh that is good oily one, but if you really Hate her, and the fact she stands in your way, stop playing about already!"

"Embrace that hatred! Get serious already!" he growls intensely, his eccentric playfully demeanour suddenly disappears, shifting to a very dark spiteful hatred.

The Madhouse - Shog, Valask Jr, Kerx?
    "thankyou!" he says with a nod, watching the events of the playground interestedly.

"Hey, what are your babies doing down there?" he exclaims in surprise!

"Your not going to let them fight against the goblins are you!?" His head turns as he pays Shog his full attention, (for once, atlast.)
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-13 at 01:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Eldarong Post wedding

In the attack aftermath moongrel telepathic network was aflame cheking for anyone damaged. Once a body count was established and certain that there was nothing worse than a hangover, and the consequent command rant, expecting some of them tension was released. In the wedding proper Yue hurried towards the, now divine, couple while Ur approached the Shoglings. Before anyone could speak though the area went dark.

Those that looked up, perhaps fearing another attack, saw a great stingray shadow looming over them. Something broke of it falling fast to the ground soon reaching terminal velocity. As they draw closer the features could more clearly be seen they were four golems, of moongrel design, and what looked like a moongrel in the center. Just before they hit the ground gravity reversed on them, absorbing the full velocity and dispersing it, no magic had been used to produce this effect even if at some point magic had been needed. The mechs were strange, they looked like Borrakalari but instead of white their wood had taken reddish copper shades. The male moongrel advanced towards Yue and the divine couple. He was garbed in much the same manner as she was a plain military uniform. His hair like most moongrels was white and was cut and trimmed leaving only some at the top and center, like a mohawk, that ended in a bun, his chin was bearded and there were two long braids falling right bellow his jaw. He was munching a cigar that puffed rusty smoke, specially whenever he oppened his mouth.

"Lylien offers some of her void navy and army."

"Thank you mayor, I expected nothing less."

The moongrel smiles at Yue's words and gives a bow towards the divine couple.

"As a wedding gift some of mine will also be taking to the frail."

Meanwhile Ur is standing besides the shoglings looking them with earnest interest, and scratching his chin. Perhaps a couple should be snatched. Well, diplomacy first, that was the moon's creed.

"If you want to increase birth rate I suggest using deepest red, the flowers are some of the few good things the witch goddess did."

Unfortunately he doubted that he could say the rest of his thoughts without offending the mayor, he would keep them, for now.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

Eucle 0 + 10 AP (rollover) + 1 AP (20th week) + 2 PAP (Sin / Moon)
    3 AP Gain time (plans) domain (actions 2 create artifacts)
    6 AP Gain divine rank x2: Actions: Declare divine combat x2 (against Ignus and The Visionary) Create Artifact x2 (The Hourglass and the Spear) Gain Portfolio (Plans)
    0 AP Nourishment (Using Vault of Plenty): Due to metal trees existing in the moon wraithwood can now take metallic properties (any metal since metal trees can be of any metal), even when doing so they are still wood and not metal, so they are affected by spells/effects that affect wood but not by spells/effects that affect metal.

2 AP remaining

Lylien 3 AP + 3 AP (rollover) + 1 AP (20th week) + 1 PAP (Moon)
    1 AP Join Pantheon Guardians of The Galaxy Stoxia
    Dogma: Technology rules

6 AP remaining
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-06-13 at 02:26 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post

(2d6)[10]
    Then you must earn that right, for your words give you no authority! Cassandra grows vines that slice through the oily tendrils before they get any real purchase

(2d6)[10]

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The Ravenwood Pyre is begot

A low roll of thunder preceded the throw, but no-one looked up. This was the third night the goblin had played, hoping his winnings to exceed his losses, over several months. The other goblin, the grin on his face, twisted by his scars into something morbid, knew his mate could not succeed. Not when they played someone as eagle-eyed as the harpy. The goblin let the dice fall, bones tumbling to the ground, feeling his heart seize as they stopped rolling. Four, six, two, one and one.

"That's a four," the harpy cackled, "but no threes. Can you see him breaking even Skarz? "Perhaps I'll change our ante to blood and make a swift aperitif."
    Skarz rolls his eyes. "And I need feathers for my hut. Have to bleach them, though, pulling them from your lousy flesh." He picks at his teeth with a chipped claw. "Roll again Reshy."

Something about Skarz always defending him and the harpy's blood-thirsty mocking gives Reshy a sudden rush of resentment that surprisingly turns to defiance.
    "I'll ante up," he jabbers, "I'll take the ones and double the stake."

"Reshy," Skarz raises an eyebrow, "now?"
    "Yes, now," Reshy hisses, frowning. Skarz was playing to win as much as he was.

"As you wish my dear," the harpy grins. There is a strange, barely detectable shiver from the tree beneath which the gamblers sit. The aftershock from unseen ripples of effect and cause. Gold coins clink as Reshy throws them onto the pile and takes the dice in his calloused palm once more.

"Well I bet against you," the harpy sneers as she drops her coins into the pot. "I'll go so far as to double your doubled amount," she adds with a superior smile, "or meet whatever you have left, if you can't make that."

Skarz fiddles with his own amount. "You'll get another one at most," he shrugs, " but I'm not taking the chance with those stakes." Reshy sighs and nods at his companion, but no gambler was born with a level head.

"I meet your stake K'sha." Reshy pushes his small collection of coins towards the pot. This was crazy, Reshy realised, when each twist and turn of the dice on the earth had him on edge he was always eager to play, but he never won, and now he did not know what to expect. Lightning flashed somewhere in the distance of the wood, but he did not look up.

The weight of the dice in Reshy's fist was like Gravity. Murmuring a prayer to the gods and finally, to Fate itself, he threw them, almost too afraid to let go, defiance finally drained, trusting only to chance. Thunder rolled. One. Skittering against the ground and bouncing. Another one, upturned, unblinking. The last spinning wildly as it falls, the mix-matched group watching it with beady, eager eyes. The lightning startles them and they glance up, to see fat drops of water begin to fall.

"The weather's turned," the harpy scowls, "we're done here." Her wings twitch impatiently. Then Skarz looks down and sees the one. He whistles, "You got that pick right, Reshy" He points to the die.

Reshy grins and hugs himself, cold, refreshing rain lapping at him in his moment of triumph, thudding applause as droplets spatter against the ground. The harpy screeches angrily but her fury is lost in the sudden thunder and lightning strikes barely a foot from the tree. The ramshackle group are shaken and the smell of ozone is heavy in the air. "By the gods!" Skarz curses. Within the lightning, a face shimmers, the barest suggestion of one, but none of the trio sees this as they are rubbing their eyes frantically from the purple after-images or cowering, if you are Reshy, behind the tree.

The harpy stalks off grabbing her paltry winnings, miserable and wet, a dark cloud descending over her features. "Thank you!" Reshy calls after her grinning, sliding out from behind the tree.

"Thank you," a voice responds, a voice like the thrum of an engine, like a single clear machine-like whine.

"Oh, cheers Skarz, good game."

Skarz frowns, "I said nothing."

"The dice have fallen, Reshy, Goblin Gambler, and I am awake." The voice forms again, like branches stirring in a stormy forest, one creaking more ominously than the rest. "Fate has brought you riches. Fare well with them."

"I heard it again!"" Reshy looks about startled, "Think it's the tree? Still has power in these here parts and all."

Skarz pulls a face. "I think winning like that against K'sha after three months may have driven you nuts. She'll be howling for your blood too if you ever see her again."

"I think that feather-brained hag cheats anyhow," Reshy scowls, then breaks out into a fit of giggles. A chill runs up his spine as he turns his back on the tree, yet not an unpleasant one. After scooping the coins into his money pouch he claps Skarz on the back. "Let's grab a brew," he smiles toothily, "I'm soaked to the bone and need warming."

"Yeah," Skarz shivers as the raindrops fall faster, "better get the drinks in before K'sha strings you up and feeds you to her brood."

As the goblins depart they do not witness their female counterpart, her face lost in light, lips slimmer than a maiden's, sleeker than a matriarch's, clothed in the substance of the wood, the earth, the leaves, the rain, the lightning, the thunder, she dissipates.
    Last edited by cubedancer; 2015-06-13 at 10:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Orc in the Playground

Yhrzallus, Dream Neutral Ground

After a long time wandering the stars and remaining in the void, the mad god returns to the moon to earn some rest. With his free time, he glances once more at his avatars, whom he had neglected for far too long...

Tsuigekisu, Ithilbar

The empire is progressing, finding itself in a golden age of prosperity. Tsuigekisu remains its immortal ruler, the magisters still hold many of the noble titles, although some Kitsune become more notable in the society after so long since their alliance. The continent is protected by ancient magics, still pacifying outsiders while the ways into Mooncastle still remain elusive to all but the locals.

The Key's Peak Mountains have been silent, and just a few outposts and villages had been made near it. Sometimes, rumours of monsters were told, creeping down the mountain, haunting those who wandered too close...

Northern Ithilbar, The Golden Marshes

Far north in the continent, there was an unusual swamp. The water was thick with a tar-like ichor coming from the saps of the pridewoods that had grown too wild in this place. These trees were more twisted than the rest in Ithilbar, their leaves razor sharp and their sap a crimson red, leaving the marsh's waters looking like coagulating blood. Too many a traveler had been caught in here, presuming that this was as safe as some other parts of the continent, yet found themselves helplessly dragged in by the blood red waters, and trapped under it, left to rot.

The Keymaster found himself in the midst of this place, meditating upon a large portal frame, just a few steps away from the marsh's waters, surrounded by a thin stone base. Since his liege had grown silent, he had made it his business to find out what he had been creating in the depths of creation, and finding his true purpose. Upon realization that Yhrzallus' creation was something grander than what he could have conceived, he went on a pilgrimage to find the right place in which to open a portal to this new location. And he found that in these marshes, mutation had run rampant. The magic was quite strong in the tip of the continent, and his meditation upon it only strengthened this.

The portal finally opened in a fell green glow, the marshes being overflowed with its mystical essence. Those who sank too far down into the bloody waters would find themselves dormant, with dreams of the infinity of the Deepest Reaches. Some would die with pictures of the place in their mind, falling down an infinite chasm. Others, perhaps those aligned with the right powers would find themselves sinking deeper into the waters, up until they were flung into the odd, faraway lands of the madgod's plane.

To those able to use magic despite the pacifism, they would find their magic amplified by the powers of the marsh...and to those wandering into this place, they would find that the day and night cycle in the marshes was erratic, not correspondent with the rest of the continent....

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    Yhrzallus
    14 AP + 1 Bonus from 20th week. (1 AP lost due to going over limit)
    11 AP + 1 Bonus = Beget God (2nd Alt)
    9 AP + 1 Bonus = Raise DR to 2 (2nd Alt)
    7 AP + 1 Bonus = Gain Portfolio (Void)
    4 AP + 1 Bonus = Gain Domain (Mysticism)
    3 AP = Create Portal: Golden Marshes to Deepest Reaches

1 Sin Pantheon AP
    1 Moon Pantheon AP
    1 Cult Pantheon AP
    0 Chaos Pantheon AP = Create Subrace (Bloodwoods: Like Pridewoods, but these trees have a thick, blood colored sap that acts like a rather sticky quicksand for those that walk into the marsh containing those specimens. Their leaves are sharp, and may be used like weapons, dealing 1d4 slashing damage.)

1 Spire of Change Charge
    0 Onyx Star (Pestilence) = Create Manifest Zone: (Golden Marshes < Deepest Reaches)

Active Nourishments/Pestilences
    Reincarnation (All souls reincarnate - 1 AP Nourishment)
    Worship the World (The abandoned people of the world subconsciously worship Zalsaram in secret - 1 AP Pestilence)
    Proud Return (1 AP Nourishment: All souls of Yhrzallus's servants and those punished by him have been claimed as his property, removing Kyre's claim from them even further)
    Shatter the Bonds (1 AP Nourishment: Souls once claimed by Kyre are now free, in name of neutrality and the free will of mortals and gods, going to where it's most logical for them to, or returning as undead, haunts or being stored in phylacteries.)
    Empower The World (1 AP Nourishment: Some souls, those more aligned with Elemental powers are now going to the Belly of the Beast instead of Erebus, in order to further
    the World's revival.)
    Dark Omen (Mortals blessed with oracle-like powers sense a terrible omen, but the details are hazy - 1 AP pestilence)
    Peace in the Land of the Deluded (A strong sanctuary effect is in action in Ithilbar. Mortals from outside Ithilbar suffer from its effects)

Manifest Zones
    Aurora of Chaos (Deepest Reaches influence zone in the Onyx Star)

Soul Claims
    Yhrzallus' claim on the souls of the Mad = 2 (1 from Shatter the Bonds + 1 from Proud Return)
    Elemental aligned souls = 2 (1 from Shatter the Bonds + 1 from Empower The World)
    Souls in general = 1 (from Shatter the Bonds)

Zermanion
    6 AP
    4 AP = Raise DR to 3 (2nd Alt)
    2 AP = Raise DR to 4 (2nd Alt)
    0 AP = Raise DR to 5 (2nd Alt)

1 Pantheon of Goodly Protection AP

1 Brutal Warhammer Charge
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

The Madhouse - Shog, Valask Jr
    Shog see no reason why Shog would forbid it. The Brain always has good reasons for what it does and he is not breaking any of the laws I set out before leaving. It will be a great learning experience for both races I feel. Shog says still not really paying attention to what was happening down there.

First and foremost, Shoglings must be acknowledged as an independent state with our own laws and regulations. Any case of Shoglings breaking the law in the war must be handled by Shogling judges. Unless the Shogling does a crime which has an obvious victim that is one of your subjects or one of your soldiers did a crime against a Shogling in which case a neutral and fair court system must figure it out. This should keep cultural differences on laws to a minimum. Next we would need equal rights on looting, if your troops don't loot we won't either but if you do we call the right to loot as well and that none of your soldiers and none of our soldiers have priority over each other for the purposes of loot.

If a queen is moved in to provide population where ever it is put counts as Shogling lands and it must be put in a place where we can reasonably survive with out massive dependence on others and near the sea. A queen does not move once it grows to a certain size so if you allow us to set up a queen it is there forever.

I must also insist that the Shoglings not be put near any position of friendly magic users no matter how much more effective it would make them at fighting. Not only is it bad for their morale but it almost never ends well for the magic users. They would never actively hurt allies but things happen and they would be much more likely to allow those things to happen.

Finally, we ask for some sort of compensation. Lives are not cheap and neither is building boats. The attacks were not on us and while we don't like the method we can't spring into war for no reason. This could take one of many forms and I will list some, teachers capable of teaching our population things our population would reasonably be able to use and want Good luck with that...how hard is it to understand wood floats *grumble grumble*, land goblin or otherwise, non-magical goods like specially designed Shogling armor, boats, crops that can grow in areas of non-magic or live stock that can survive on flowers in non-magical zones note soft metals are not acceptable as we do not use them for anything, sacrifice of the souls of any spell casters following you to Shog after death where they would be punished for all of eternity or immediate and permanent exile of all spell casters unable to beat a baby warrior Shogling in a fair non-magical fight this includes non-magical equipment and no use of poisons or anything similar and the policy must stand for the entirety of the war and 20 years after with any caster trying to hide from fighting the baby Shogling being summarily executed. If you have another idea for compensation we are willing to hear it.

Their diet is currently severely limited to fish they can catch, flying creatures that come to the island, a certain breed of flowers and sometimes a fruit from one of our trees. The average Shogling only eats the flowers and fruit from the trees. I think they could eat just about any type of food if I had to guess though we can test on the Shoglings here if you have any concerns regarding it.
    The brain blubs.

Spoiler
    Show

Each choice for compensation I listed would have some effect on this war or your followers. If you give the Shoglings knowledge they will probably be more effective later in the fight as they learn new things. If you give them goods that are not crops or live stock they will be more effective early in the war until those are lost. Livestock probably won't help in the war beyond morale unless it is live stock that can do things other than being eaten and even then Shogglings would be working on breeding them. Crops just means more Shoglings help out eventually. The sacrifice of the souls of spell casters costs nothing to your nation but it basically shuts down spell casters from following you and is horrible for your follower's morale if they find out. The exile costs your nation an entire crop of spell casters and will make there be a lot less of them around which might not be good for your war efforts. A baby warrior Shogling isn't exactly scary but it is still the size of a human with in months of birth and low-level clerics would have a tough time beating them and psions stand almost no chance at any levels thanks to the Shoglings getting stronger near spell casters. Paladins would kill them just about every time. Again, beyond the spell casting loss it doesn't actually cost your nation anything and if you really wanted to you could try hiding some of them from the Shoglings. Though if the Shoglings ever found out the they would not be happy.

Last edited by Hamste; 2015-06-13 at 01:01 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Ulvin shook his head. "Unfortunately by the standards you set forth, we cannot be allies. Our moralities are in conflict. Perhaps you would find allies in the Sovereignty."

Robin on the otherhand turned her attention to the representatives from Lylien. "Your assistance is very much welcomed. Could you direct them to gather with our forces near Port Raden? We will be departing for our assault on Krenko-Ka shortly."
    Currently Playing

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Axia

The island where Axia was located was luckily outside of the pollen cloud covering northern Demiourgia, and so they were able to hold back the WAAGH from the mainland. The settlements on the mainland, however, were much harder hit; though Lawforged had no need to breathe and were therefore unaffected by the spores, the other peoples of the nation were not so fortunate. Several settlements were destroyed by the WAAGH before any sort of resistance could be gathered.

Craast Dominus

The Craast Land-Singers rejoiced when the pollen and the Kix came; finally, another enemy to adapt to and test themselves against! At first, the Craast were as slowed by the pollen as any other race; soon, however, the blessing of their ancient creator and their new mother prevailed, and they moved through the pollen as though it wasn't there, stymieing the Kix's advance northward at every turn.

Their adaptation against the pollen had an unintended consequence; the Craast as a whole became jumpy and swift in their movements as soon as the pollen disappeared.

Mephos--a deserted road, Southern Demiourgia

An elderly halfling wandered down a small country road, staring sightlessly before him. The prediction for Ulvin and Robin's wedding had turned out well, though he had hoped the possibilities would have landed on a more direct hit. Still, it went well, and the other deities have yet to realize that he was on the scene--besides his father, of course, but the god of secrets was good at his namesake.

As he sat in thought, a bit of the scorching summer sunlight detached itself from the air and came to hover over the halfling's left hand. Shadows merged and warped around this sunlight, until the halfling was suddenly carrying an incense-burner made out of some dark blue metal, dangling from a chain in his left hand. The smell coming from the burner was clean and refreshing, but every once in a while a glint of baleful fire could be seen deep within the burner. The halfling took no notice of this, continuing his aimless walk. What to do next...

In the distance, a Rix Maadi trading caravan rumbled past, traveling towards one of their many trading partners. Unseeing eyes watched this caravan pass, and the elderly halfling smiled.

Erebus

The seasons turned and turned, and another wave of new souls washed into the Playground and Underplayground.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Kethneciel

Well of Souls: Nourishment. (1d6)[1]

1. Population
    2. Law
    3. Chaos
    4. Good
    5. Evil
    6. Creativity

Increases on the Playground and Underplayground.

Kahla
    1 AP

-1 AP: Nourishment (Adaptation Marches On). The Craast adapt to the pollen spores of the Kix, moving through the clouds with no adverse affects and seeming twitchy and hyper when outside of them.

0 AP Remaining.

Mephos
    6 AP

-3 AP: Create Utility Artifact (Pestilence). The Incense of Peaceful Rest is an incense burner which always burns sweet-smelling, refreshing incense. However, the fire within is a baleful thing, twisting anything that comes near it.

-1 AP: Pestilence (Poor Communication Kills). Through a series of miscommunications and misunderstandings, the Rix Maadi find their trade agreements with other nations grow more and more strained as they accidentally offend their trade partners.

2 AP Remaining.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Which one was the problem? Us asking for equal rights, us not wanting to work directly with spell casters or me saying Shogling lives are not worthless? Good day then. THe Brain says as the Shoglings start carrying it away.

Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

(Marking an assassin - 0 AP)

Silence

Dark clouds slowly rolled across the still night sky, bringing with them a flowing wave of heavy rain droplets. A sudden flash of lightning cracks open the night sky, bright and mesmerising, it cuts the air leaving an undeniable suspense. The air stills, time stretches, and for a moment the world dulls. Then finally the booming roar of the heavens follow as expected. The earth sighs in relief.

Stillness

The unavoidable ensuing onslaught of droplets bares down across a single lone stranger. Hidden out in the cold of night.
    The heavy drops splash hard against him, rolling down over his bare skin, settling in and accentuating his deep scars. The once gentle breeze now takes an icy grasp over his whole body.
    Still he sits unflinching in a deathly still silence.

The rain had come on suddenly and was inconvenient, but he would not move until the job was done.

Deep slow breaths

The distant crackle of goblins was interrupted by another roar of thunder, bellowing out the same instant the night sky was lit up. It was close.
    It signalled the end of their debauchery.

There was a growing grumbling from a disgruntled participant that could be herd over the pouring rain, slowly making her way towards the lone stranger. By the sounds in her voice she hadn't faired so well, it made no difference.
    One by one his fingers find their place, his comfort zone, that easing familiarity, confidence, safety. He slowly wraps them around a sturdy hilt, savouring the anticipation of the moment he lets his senses stretch wide as he drinks it all in allocating it to memory.

For the oncoming stranger some might call this misfortune, bad luck or even her fate. The lone stranger cared not for any of these things or their notions. His whole life had been an uphill struggle, one misfortune after another, always having to fight for even the simplest of basic pleasures. Life wasn't fair, luck was simply the personalisation of basic odds and fate was what you made it.

This was the fate the gambling harpy had brought upon herself.
    Lightning struck again, the echoing waves of thunder drove the assassin from his tree. He drops with the silence of a falling leaf, A thin brief flash of lightning reflects in his motions as he swiftly spins in the air. He lands softly in the muddy dirt, folding with his momentum and almost instantly springing off into an acrobatic roll, disappearing into the welcoming darkness. It was over in a blink, the ringing of the heavens roar hadn't even ceased or begun to fade to nothingness.

"Thud"

"Squelch"

The head hit the floor first, the body soon followed. Cleanly separated, blood spilled freely into the forming puddles of rain.
    The job was done, another target dead.
    One less harpy in the world, but the world would carry on unaffected, as it always does.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-13 at 04:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Barbarian in the Playground

Keth’mai

Keth’mai still wasn’t sure about this whole outside on the surface thing. Being as he was supposed to be the project coordinator, though… So outside he went, for that is where it would be built. The Wardens had some funds, and many friends. Through his work, Swifsen had his own set of contacts and acquaintances. The worksite was quite the amalgamation of races to watch, really. There were other kobolds helping to gently guide sections of wall into place, dwarves shaping the stone and installing machinery, fey working the joins or using their copious muscles to force partitions into place, humans hammering, and even some of the lizardfolk working on roof sections. A smile stole over Keth’mai’s face as he watched; this was what it was about, in the end. This complex would be a meeting place for all races and peoples of the world, both in construction and when it was finished. He certainly didn’t understand all the complexities of the concepts involved. There were even a very small group of elves who had shown up, from some far off nation? They seemed to be magic workers, and Arshish was working with them, singing notes off to one side of the building. Nearby were a number of extremely large crystals, giant hovering things that seemed to shimmer and shake with each note -- part of the art for the grounds, it seemed. The location was… perhaps less than ideal, what with some societies propensities for conflict. In fact, from nearby, you could still see the ruins of Purity, witness to the devastation visited. But they worked with what they had. Trust in the goddess to protect them.

Trenco, Cairpe

It was a faint sound, the water nearby shifting to accommodate a passerby. Dusk was coming upon them, and Cairpe sat on the deck, idly practicing with the lines as he waited for the stars. One of the sailors whipped his head around and stretched out a hand, pointing. “Look, lad.”
    Cairpe leaned forward to peer over the rail, spying an enormous… something out it the water, passing by in the distance, then flashing back below the waves. He turned back a curious eye to the sailor, a man named Hermann; Hermann sat back with a satisfied smile on his face. “A big grey. It’s luck for us, it seems. You’ll want to keep your ears tuned tonight.”
    Cairpe blinked. “But what was it?”
    Shrugging, Hermann replied. “Don’t rightly know. Used to be thought, they were the demons of the sea. But now we know them. And those.. Well, they seem to bring luck to us poor sailors. And they’re big. The fork at the end, seems to be their tail.” Cairpe’s eyes went wide. A tail wider than the ship’s longboat was not belonging to a small creature. “Apart from that…” He shrugged again. “Who knows, lad? Maybe you’ll be the one to find out for all of us.” He winked at the boy, then nodded. “Just keep those ears open.”

Skies turned to night, and the night shone bright. Hermann was right. As the stars broke through, sounds such that Cairpe had never heard before filled the night. Over the creaking of the rigging, the strain of cloth and wood, the air filled with things that are poorly described by mere words as chirps and moans and groans. The fullness of their body was upon the air, and he sat entranced, fingers tapping on the deck. After a time, he realized that Trenco had joined him, seated on the hard wood, cloak wrapped around him. A small smile creased his teacher’s face in the starlight as he relaxed, listening to the symphony of sounds. Small sounds of a ship at night, with the mysterious song in the air, they sat for time immemorial it seemed.
    When that time ended, the music drifting away in the cool air as performers and listeners separated, Trenco turned to the young man. “Be it the first or fifth time, the song is ever as wonderful . Whatever the creatures be, they must be truly blessed by the Lady.”
    Cairpe was silent, echos playing in his head. Something about the music… “I think… I think they’re talking.”

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Equinox

So Pyre, Goddess of Fate, of desperate chance and the potential for violent change wove from raw elemental chaos, Equinox, a place forever day and forever night. She would reside at the Equinoctial Point, or simply, the Point, a vast prismatic palace. Constructed from the twilight matter of the plane itself, it reached from ground to sky and sky to ground, depending on which was which at the time.

Pyre would watch the mortals at play, at love, at war, birthing and dying, gambling for more or for less, with every deed, every roll of the die, their lives consumed with glory and pathos. She would don her Quixotic Mask and create mirages, visions, premonitions for those who might have need of her, or who might catch her interest, inspired by the images behind her eyes. The mask's surface was reminiscent of a partial eclipse, black as the void on one side, a gleaming white-gold on the other.

(It is said that the dark side of the mask beheld the underplayground, for if creatures were able to live beyond death, their fate could not have ended and they were still capable of undertaking great acts. In fact, the undead could be said to have a greater fate than others and so more potential, having already lived a life.)

On noticing the fate of the harpy that she had briefly observed at her birth, Pyre was curious. What, whom, had altered the fortunes of she who had been so lucky before?

Spoiler
    Show
    12 = 15 -3 AP (Create Plane - Equinox)
    9 = 12 - 3 AP (Create Artifact - Quixotic Mask)
    Last edited by cubedancer; 2015-06-13 at 07:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

The Wedding: Aftermath Everyone else still there, Hemeliosa, The Four Northern 'Kings'

Down from above, landing unusually gently considering her normal arrivals... descends Hemeliosa carrying a man whose eyes glow silver and followed shortly by a man with a single metallic black wing, carrying a man with hair of truest gold.

She glances about, blinking, "Ah, I am late am I?" She shrugs, "Well." She looks around curiously at the various figures at the gathering, most of whom she's nary seen nor been seen by. She reaches into her belt pouch, as do the four men with her. "To the bride and groom then, whomever they may be." Each of them lifts a large skin skin (respectively), and drinks several large swallows. "There we are..." She blinks and looks upwards, "I see. So, might someone be attacking the wedding then?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

The cigar munching fellow draws what appears to be a copper rod and signals to the stingray shapped shadow above. After a while it starts moving towards port Raden. He, the mechs that came with him and Yue start walking towards the gathering place.

For his part Ur stays back a little and addresses the brain.

"You haven't exactly asked for equal rights, you've asked for some rights. But since no one else has asked for anything they aren't necessarily equal. As for shogling lives being worthless, every live is worth something. In the regards to the spellcasters, what is magic? What is spell casting? Is doing something that others cannot? You are a talking brain, and as respectful as I am about the matter, most brains I've seen weren't capable of speech without a head and a body. Do you consider yourself a spellcaster?"
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Wrapped in shadows, he stalks effortlessly through the darkness.
    Each foot guided by instinct and peripheral focus.
    He had attuned himself to every surrounding vibration in the air, past, present and yet to come.

His breath naturally adjusts without a moments thought, mimicking that of those he follows. Even his thoughts were still and silent, he becomes one with the darkness and their shadow.

In no time at all he had drawn so close to the wet cheerful goblins, still boasting of their spoils, he could taste the residual fear and adrenalin left on their stained skin only moments ago from the exciting and threateningly suspenseful di roll.

This close, his muscles, although relaxed, were ready to reflexively end these pathetic creatures before him.
    He hated them.
    He was instilled with over 10 ways in which he could end them 10 times over in the time between the skip of lightning and thunder.

A strong gush bellows as the clouds overhead crash together, the assassin moves toward those before him, his touch like that of the rain.
    Completely undetectable.

No blood, no death.

The seed of hatred and discord was sown. Later Reshy will find most of his earnings missing and in Skarz possession. However regardless if the odds were in his favour, nothing was left to chance, he wouldn't rely on luck to see his goal through.
    It had never been on his side before, so why start now.
    Amongst the drops of rain a poison had been splashed across the creatures and was slowly seeping into their skin. While not fatal it was a powerful gift bestowed from the god of hatred and vengeance, Valask Noir. In truth it was merely a drop of his blood. A poison of rage and hatred manifested.

The assassin was gone.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Avalon, Eldarond - The Wedding Reception/Aftermath

Ulvin nods in agreement with Ur. "To top it off, you would suggest torture and murder of my own people for your alliance. This, is unacceptable. I cannot in good faith align my people with those who would think this an acceptable path, even if it did not become part of the arrangements."

The God of Man shook his head, paying no more attention to the departing Brain and the Shoglings.

Robin turned her attention to the new arrivals from the North. "Sadly, yes. The wedding, no, Eldarond itself has come under attack by the goblins of Krenko-Ka. They desire fight and now we bring it to them."

Ulvin's lip twitched at the sight of the Northern drink, though says nothing while Robin did not seem bothered at all.

Ocean

The forces of Eldarond have begun their move, 15 great ships of wood and steel raging across the ocean, fully manned and flying Eldarond's flag in the ocean breeze. Their destination being the volcanic isle of Krenko-Ka.
    Currently Playing

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

I asked for equal looting and to be recognized as our own independent state as everyone here offering aid most likely is and those that are not recognized as independent states but have their own army and land are not being treated as equals. Both of those demands are equal rights. The other requests go under Shogling lives are not worthless and we will not work with spell casters. The life of a queen not set next to the sea or with out the appropriate land to sustain herself would be forfeit shortly after the war is over. Of course death is an acceptable payment for death. After all, that is what this war is about is it not? They attacked you and so to make them pay you choose to kill them. Death for Death. If we attacked them then yes death for death is of course an acceptable payment, after all you wouldn't bat an eyelash at us killing them. If you didn't wish that I offered many other options.

Spell casting is the ability to bypass challenges with out trying. I spent time learning common and it will take time for a normal person to learn the Shogling language. A spell caster who knows the appropriate spell can speak all languages. Shoglings spend all their life learning how to fight with their claws. A spell caster with the appropriate spells can make themselves inherently accurate or use any weapon or use a spell they hardly cared about to blast the enemy to oblivion. A cook spends his life learning how to cook and spends days planning and cooking a beautiful banquet fit for a king, a spell caster casts a spell in ten minutes and makes a feast fit for a king. A builder spends years building and a spell caster casts a spell and builds it in a day. A surgeon works most of there life learning how to be a doctor and building a reputation while clerics casts, you guessed it a spell and cures the person instantly. One person can do all these with just spells or many people can do any one maybe two of these things. It takes time to learn magic yes but it is a short cut to bypass everything. There is no reason to learn anything but magic and it leads to laziness and no self growth. They can do anything with out even giving a thought to wanting to do it until a week before hand or in some cases not even caring about it until the day before.

No, I'm not a spell caster, not only is the ability to speak completely natural for most creatures and it was a skill I still had to learn despite it's seemingly unnatural origin but I'm not even technically alive. I'm what is commonly referred to as an artifact I believe.
    The Brain explains before it leaves.

The coast

The Brain is carried to the boat. The Shoglings manning the oars wait curiously. The brain commands them to leave and they quickly row out of sight. They were not gone for long however. Under the cover of darkness the Shoglings return further down the coast and drop off about half their crew of Warrior Shoglings and Drone Shoglings before leaving again. They started setting up a small camp for themselves while they waited.

Spoiler
    Show
    A small group of maybe 15 Shoglings are waiting on a section of the coast just slightly inland as far away from civilization as possible. Currently they are doing nothing beyond gathering food and setting up small defensive structures being careful not to raise suspicions. This includes no fire and minimal travel.

If not found more Shoglings will be coming in a couple of weeks (well even if found more Shoglings would be coming in a couple of weeks but then you have advanced warning). The Shoglings are relying on you being stretched thin with war trying to lead and offensive and protecting your city to allow them to set up a colony on these lands. Currently the 15 Shoglings while well trained and in defensive positions they would still be relatively easy to take, in a couple of weeks when reinforcements arrive it is going to take a bit to dislodge and if they get a queen there and it lives to child bearing age there then it is going to take an army to get rid of them.

Show

28. - Top - End - #508

Avalon, Eldarond - The Wedding Reception/Aftermath; Hemeliosa, Ulvin, Robin, Ignus, Other unimportant people and the Four Kings of Metal.

Ulvin nods in agreement with Ur. "To top it off, you would suggest torture and murder of my own people for your alliance. This, is unacceptable. I cannot in good faith align my people with those who would think this an acceptable path, even if it did not become part of the arrangements."

The God of Man shook his head, paying no more attention to the departing Brain and the Shoglings.

Robin turned her attention to the new arrivals from the North. "Sadly, yes. The wedding, no, Eldarond itself has come under attack by the goblins of Krenko-Ka. They desire fight and now we bring it to them."

Ulvin's lip twitched at the sight of the Northern drink, though says nothing while Robin did not seem bothered at all.
    "Interesting ships you have there. Slow, big, and easily set ablaze." She glances over at Ulvin, "Are you really sending Tinderboxes to attack an island that is constantly on fire?" Though the question may sound stand-offish, the tonoe in which it is asked is one entirely of curiosity and bewilderment.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    "Interesting ships you have there. Slow, big, and easily set ablaze." She glances over at Ulvin, "Are you really sending Tinderboxes to attack an island that is constantly on fire?" Though the question may sound stand-offish, the tonoe in which it is asked is one entirely of curiosity and bewilderment.
    "Stone does not float. Neither does steel. Where the technology lacks, the clerics and the psionics will pick up the slack." Ulvin said, if he was offended which he wasnt, nothing showed but raw determination.

"Complete annihilation of the goblins is not the goal. The goal is a lesson to be taught. We respond to their aggression, that is all. The Courage of Man will never be doubted." Ulvin turns his gaze to the ships out at sea.
    Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #510

"Stone does not float. Neither does steel. Where the technology lacks, the clerics and the psionics will pick up the slack." Ulvin said, if he was offended which he wasnt, nothing showed but raw determination.

"Complete annihilation of the goblins is not the goal. The goal is a lesson to be taught. We respond to their aggression, that is all. The Courage of Man will never be doubted." Ulvin turns his gaze to the ships out at sea.
    "Steel does float, in point of fact, but only when hollow." Hemeliosa gives him a look as an elderly scholar might, when explaining that ducks do not float for being magical. "If one makes a steel bottle it floats. Because it is empty inside. Similarly, if one makes a small toy steel ship it floats." She turns back to watching his ships float away, "Or... if you were blessed enough to gain Ghost Wood before it became rare when the Burning Lands were demolished by divine combat, you would also then have ships lighter, faster, and immune to fire." She glances over at Ignus, "Intending to repair your homeland anytime soon? We could use more trade with your people."

Ignus tilts her head slightly, "I have been considering it, but am uncertain that the destruction which would undoubtedly fall upon it once more would not be worse than that which already has... If I had some form of garauntee that I would not have to worry about my peoples being subjected to such horrendous suffering, I would be more so inclined as to perform such a deed. For the time being however, the only Ghost Wood available is in the Plane of Fire."

Hemeliosa shrugs, and returns to watching the ships.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、