New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC2)

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Coyote, Viper, Corrupted Solars - Sanctum, Madhouse

"I was speaking with your master earlier, and I wanted to join in an alliance with him. My siblings agreed." Coyote answered.
    "Hmmm. Not our place to judge such things. I shall summon His Brother, The Cackling Flame." said Lukus and the Corrupted Solars all turned their gazes upward and spoke with a resounding voice, combined as one that echoed across the Madhouse.

"GRENZO!"

They slammed the butts of their staves down, causing Sanctum to quake under their might. The swamp remained silent.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Grenzo, Corrupted Solars, Coyote, Viper - Madhouse
    Grenzo turned and let out a cackling laugh as He burst to life. He looked at those gathered and grinned before He said, the sound of His logs crashing down upon each other "Hello there! More guests to our little part of this Play. What brings you two here?" He turned to Viper and added, the sound of those logs cackling in His eternal flame, "You... My avatar has seen you before. It's good to see you join your family properly."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Viper, Coyote, Grenzo, Corrupted Solar #1-22, Lukus

At the appearance of the god, Viper and Coyote give a start. Unlike their reckless brother Falcon, they do not particularly enjoy the thrill of meeting unexpected divinities that could so easily crush them. Still, this was an allied all-powerful entity that could easily crush them. That made it a good thing.

"Yes, we would join your family, my siblings and I. We find that there is much in common between yours and ours." Viper said. "We-"

"You people are the funnest!" Coyote interrupts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    She stops and turns to look at her daughter. "You are the only Daughter I have, born of me. As a mortal births their own offspring. And I am a being of Elemental Creation. It is not in my nature to destroy child, why think you I am known as the Mother of Making?" She continues her search, burning through a wall here or there, even as elementals congregate around her. Her Avatar's appear and take them to the Plane of Fire to await the creation of their new homes a few at a time.

"I can no more destroy you than I can destroy my hammer. Though you may hate me for it. I do not mind, but I will not show you my savagery. I will not forsake my being in such a foul manner. I will instead force you to help me in reclaiming your heart. If you attack me, that shall be your punishment. If you do not, that will still be your punishment. Finding it will be far easier for you, for though separated it is still a part of you, and flesh calls to flesh." She burns another hole, looks through, heals the wound, and steps. "If I could ressurect my Father as he was at the time of my birth I would... but I do not know that such things are doable. The great serpent, floating and swimming amongst the stars once more..." She sighs, stops and turns to face Kryokoli. "My only wish is that you had listened to me when I warned you. You still have much to learn Daughter. And I would teach you. You scorn me, yet it is you who are blind, you who are deaf, you who are naive, you are the ignorant one. I merely act in accordance with my nature Daughter. It is all that I am capable of, for unlike you, I am not a deity. I am merely a very powerful very old elemental." She ***** her head to one side, and listens to the thrumming which has grown almost unnoticeably louder. "Tell me, now, who are the others in the 'Cult' which seeks to revive the Abomination Zalsaram?"

(So, apparently a word meaning either 'tilt' or 'rooster' is censored... for some reason. Why?)

"The Cosmic Mother already knows. Do not get me wrong Mother, I have been informed of Aegis, of Isstus and the moon god who wishes to infiltrate Aegis, just as I have infiltrated them with the intent of destroying it within. Do not get me wrong, every action I have taken is cold and calculated, and even standing in front of you serves a purpose. You seek my heart? It has been cleverly hidden, and you may never find it.

But I know a way to facilitate your efforts. But for that to happen, you have to defeat me and resoundingly. There is a need for me to keep this facade going for a bit longer, and for that to happen I must appear to be truly oppose Aegis' efforts. Now then, do not see me as your daughter, but as the abomination that rampaged across the Playground and caused so much pain and suffering. Defeat me and then the path to my heart will be opened."

Readying her weapon Kryokoli tells Ignus "Attack me."

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post
    "The god of death was never undead. Something made Zalsar become Zalsaram. Additionally - undead are not the things they once were. If you raise a body, it's soul is something different from the one it had while alive. The exceptions are the deathless - they are reflections of who they once were. But the rest of undead are not as they were while alive. They, however, are bound by goodness and care. From what I know, Zalsaram was not a good entity. The soul of Zalsar may exist somewhere in this void. Or it may not. It may have faded into nothingness. Nonetheless, finding the soul of Zalsar may be the only way to answer the questions which I still have. She paused, as she considered the first thing that the aspect had said. "I do not know fully what a normal soul is. I have never had one. What I know from within myself, however, is that each soul is a personality. I will take your advice and inspect the land of the dead created by the late god of death. That too may, perhaps, lead me to my answers. Or to Zalsar."

Clora looked at Tiamat with the dull blue emanation of light within her sockets. "I will be leaving now to inspect Erebus. You are free to join me if that is your intent. However, your suspicions is also noted. I have not seen such suspicion since I encountered Kyre. Kyre's mistrust was understood - we were inherently anathema to each other. Your suspicion, however - I do not know from where it comes. Have I or my creations slighted you in any way?"

"No. Your creations nor you have slighted me. You wish to hear the source of my suspicion? Its the timing of your question. For you see it has been revealed that a Cult exists which wishes to resurrect Zalsaram, and an alliance of gods opposing this has already been formed. Some names have been given, perhaps not all, for the purpose of this alliance is to expose and root out this Cult of the Beast. For the sake of our kinship I do hope that the timing of your question was just a coincidence."

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Kixian and Boulderbuttz WAAGH- Demiourgia
    The Kix began to fall before Tizn'm quickly said "Wez get! Huz we bash!?" Fear wasn't evident in the towering Kix, but excitement. Even at the mention of surrendering the Kix began to turn to grappling the Orcs that kept fighting to try and spill less Kix and Orc blood.
    "Hmmmm... lemme see..." says the Grand Poo-Bah as he weighs his option. Finally he points South "I iz hearin' dat dere iz a god of War and hiz followerz over dere! He finks he knows wut war means? We iz gunna show them all how we Orcs do war! We iz gunna smash right through dem! Den da whole world will know dat nuffin' stronger dan an Orc!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-06-30 at 05:10 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

"The Cosmic Mother already knows. Do not get me wrong Mother, I have been informed of Aegis, of Isstus and the moon god who wishes to infiltrate Aegis, just as I have infiltrated them with the intent of destroying it within. Do not get me wrong, every action I have taken is cold and calculated, and even standing in front of you serves a purpose. You seek my heart? It has been cleverly hidden, and you may never find it.

But I know a way to facilitate your efforts. But for that to happen, you have to defeat me and resoundingly. There is a need for me to keep this facade going for a bit longer, and for that to happen I must appear to be truly oppose Aegis' efforts. Now then, do not see me as your daughter, but as the abomination that rampaged across the Playground and caused so much pain and suffering. Defeat me and then the path to my heart will be opened."

Readying her weapon Kryokoli tells Ignus "Attack me."
    Ignus smirks, "And abandon the very precepts, values and ideals which you so despise? No, my Avatar will do well enough in defeating you here. Because you are ignorant, Daughter."

A few feet from Kryokoli appears an Ignus made of Stone, Fire, and Clouds arrayed in white Jade Armor covered in Glyphs, Runes and Symbols. She wields a Longhammer etched in runes with two firebolts circling it. "I am to be your opponent." She sighs, and they speak simultaneously. "I am Ignus, but an avatar created to act in combat. I have fewer reservations about such acts." Her mother then speaks alone, "And now, you should have no doubts reasonable or otherwise that that is I." She raises an eyebrow, "You wouldn't have by chance been intended to weaken me to make me easier pray, praytell? Not that I would expect an answer if you were. No, if you wish to combat me, you shall have to attack, or wait a little while."

Both Igni sit upon the ground, assuming a meditative position. "We shall wait until I have regained some strength from the prayers of my worshippers, so that if a stronger enemy attacks, I can then retaliate. If combat is what you wish, she will give it to you." Ignus nods.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Kryokoli & Ignus, Belly of the Beast

"You do well to suspect me. But even so, I am your daughter, and I would not stoop to something so low. Yet there is still something else that you are forgetting. Regardless, you wish to provide me with a handicap by fighting me with a weaker version of yourself although I asked you not to hold back. Very well then... it appears that I will have to resort to more extreme measures to get what I want."

Kryokoli closes her eyes for a few moments and seems to be focusing. As she opens her eyes she nods, and grips her weapon tight.

"Do not hold back." she commands as she attacks Ignus' avatar.

Spoiler
    Show

AP3=6-3: Declare Divine Combat against Ignus' avatar.
    CR= 7.5 + {C} + {H} + 3 (1.5) Combat artifacts = 12

(2d6)[8] + 12

Isstus, and everyone else, Limbo

The god of Inquisition had remained silent and it was now its turn to put some input

"Analysis: We currently lack sufficient evidence to determine guilt or innocence."

"Statement: All members of Aegis have agreed to contribute to the Heresy Suppression Program."

"Proposition: I shall utilize the program to seek evidence of Divinity: Eucle's innocence or guilt. At the same time, the one who has accused him should be scrutinized as well. All evidence shall be presented to Aegis for further analysis."

Meanwhile the Cosmic Mother was silent.

7. - Top - End - #787

Kryokoli & Ignus, Belly of the Beast

"You do well to suspect me. But even so, I am your daughter, and I would not stoop to something so low. Yet there is still something else that you are forgetting. Regardless, you wish to provide me with a handicap by fighting me with a weaker version of yourself although I asked you not to hold back. Very well then... it appears that I will have to resort to more extreme measures to get what I want."

Kryokoli closes her eyes for a few moments and seems to be focusing. As she opens her eyes she nods, and grips her weapon tight.

"Do not hold back." she commands as she attacks Ignus' avatar.

Spoiler
    Show

AP3=6-3: Declare Divine Combat against Ignus' avatar.
    CR= 7.5 + {C} + {H} + 3 (1.5) Combat artifacts = 12
    "Consider it a kindness. You wouldn't be able to hurt me if your life depended on it."

Her avatar takes the blow, allowing it to strike true in order to return a swing with her own hammer, which explodes on impact, reforming instantaneously.

(2d6+16)[23]

The blow sends Kryokoli flying into a nearby wall, the avatar appears next to her in a flash of light. "It is futile. Daughter, even my avatar weapon and armorless is stronger than you by nature. Though you do at least stand a chance against it."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-30 at 06:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Kryokoli vs Ignus, Belly of the Beast

Kryokoli swipes Wintertide against Ignus' avatar, but true to Ignus' words her strength pales beside that of her mother's. Kryokoli is thrown back by the force Ignus' Hammer, the impact of the goddess of Winter freezes a large portion of the Belly of the Beast. For several moments, Kryokoli is reeling from the blow as she gets up and steadies her feet as a snow storm materializes.

"Even so, this battle shall lead me to triumph..."

Disappearing into the storm, Kryokoli intends to strike Ignus with the same move that had defeated Ulvin Silverblade.

(2d6)[5]+12

The Cosmic Mother,
    Limbo

All of a sudden, the Cosmic Mother's voice is heard rumbling through Limbo. "It would appear that Ignus may already be confronting a Cultist..." as she speaks, a deep breath can be heard.

On the Playground its just another day just like all of them, when all of a sudden a bright beam of light is seen hurdling through space and slamming into the Playground as the Cosmic Mother unleashes the Breath of Creation that she had used aeons ago to aid in the defeat of Zalsaram. The Cosmic Mother aims carefully as her breath hits the uninhabited ocean between Stoixia and the Apex, forming a maelstrom, and its power is so great that it penetrates Zalsaram's flesh straight to the Belly of the Beast hitting Kryokoli with full force as she experiences the power of the Cosmic Mother.

Spoiler
    Show

15=17-2: Aid Ignus. (Ignus gets the Cosmic Mother's Aid. She is DR20 + 3 {A} abilities
    AP14=15-1: Mold land The Maelstrom
    AP12= 14-2: Open portal. (Between the Maelstrom and the Belly of the Beast) Those who can navigate the Maelstrom can sail into the Belly of the Beast now.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-06-30 at 06:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #789

Kryokoli vs Ignus, Belly of the Beast

Kryokoli swipes Wintertide against Ignus' avatar, but true to Ignus' words her strength pales beside that of her mother's. Kryokoli is thrown back by the force Ignus' Hammer, the impact of the goddess of Winter freezes a large portion of the Belly of the Beast. For several moments, Kryokoli is reeling from the blow as she gets up and steadies her feet as a snow storm materializes.

"Even so, this battle shall lead me to triumph..."

Disappearing into the storm, Kryokoli intends to strike Ignus with the same move that had defeated Ulvin Silverblade.
    Ignus sighs, and shakes her head. "Stone is impervious to cold, and I am the Eternal Flame daughter. I devour all things, even the cold feeds me. I am afraid your efforts are for naught. Even without the assistance, unasked for, unrequested, unwanted and unneeded."

(2d6+16)[23] +?

The avatar begins absorbing the storm of snow and ice, which somehow only seems to feed her. "I am the Lord of Elementals. There is nothing you can do against me. Nor could there ever be. I am the first, I am the oldest, I am the only. When even the stars have faded and the Planes have ceased to be. I shall remain to look out upon the darkness and despair at the void. I am the Eternal Flame."

A blast of heat rushes outwards, all of the cold having been converted to fire and wind, tossing the storm of ice and snow away from her as a giant might step on an ant. And the struggle of the ice is as futile as the attempt of the ant to hold the giant up.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-30 at 06:51 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Tetlacochininervianl - Belly of the Beast

Mole, Badger, and Shrew sensed a great conflict in the cosmos. A being so great its shadow overpowered other gods was attacking something much weaker than itself. Remembering their leader Hare's directives to help the weak and unfortunate, the three of them rush to the aid of the lesser being. On their way, they came upon Python, Cobra, and Lizard. They promised to vote in favor of Viper once at the next meeting on a proposition of their choosing. The cold-blooded profiteers accepted. Each of Hare's and Viper's factions spread the word and soon a menagerie of burrowing mammals and reptilian crawlers were amassed and heading to the fight between Ignus's avatar and Kryokoli. Hare's followers aided the weaker god, soothing Krykoli's wounds and strengthening her arm while Viper's brood laid traps to trip and distract Ignus' avatar. Though they are not much individually, together these spirits might just tip the scales of this fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adding both of Tetlacochininervianl's {A} DCM's to Krykoli in this fight, giving her +2. Hope no one minds me stepping into their fight, but I do plan to play a VERY intrusive character
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ignus sighs, and shakes her head. "Stone is impervious to cold, and I am the Eternal Flame daughter. I devour all things, even the cold feeds me. I am afraid your efforts are for naught. Even without the assistance, unasked for, unrequested, unwanted and unneeded."

[roll0] +?

The avatar begins absorbing the storm of snow and ice, which somehow only seems to feed her. "I am the Lord of Elementals. There is nothing you can do against me. Nor could there ever be. I am the first, I am the oldest, I am the only. When even the stars have faded and the Planes have ceased to be. I shall remain to look out upon the darkness and despair at the void. I am the Eternal Flame."

A blast of heat rushes outwards, all of the cold having been converted to fire and wind, tossing the storm of ice and snow away from her as a giant might step on an ant. And the struggle of the ice is as futile as the attempt of the ant to hold the giant up.
    The blast sends Kryokoli hurdling away, her defeat ushering an unexpected winter upon the Playground. Her rampage was at an end. As Kryokoli stands before her defeated daughter, the goddess of Winter whispers something into her mother's ear before falling unconscious after receiving such a terrible blow.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Pestilence from combat: Counter Summer on the Playground.

12. - Top - End - #792

Ignus steps over to her daughter, carefully and gently soothing the hair from her face. A small sad smile plays on her lips as she gently bussed Kryokoli's forehead, and lifted her up. "As you wish, daughter."

She steps, and is back in Limbo. "Here is one of the 'cultists' as per my rightful demand upon her as a punishment for having lost our Divine Coimbat, she must answer all questions asked of her by those of us in this... Pantheon? Honestly, to the fullest of her knowledge, until such time as she is allowed to leave... which will be after I have found her heart and restored it to her body." She looks around at the others present and moves over to her throne, which remains in place. Sitting in it she gently reposes her daughter on her lap, absentmindedly stroking her hair. "She will remain unharmed, or I will have the hide of the one that hurts her." She sighs, "Now that the formalities are aside. On to more or less pleasant business, depending upon how one chooses to view it. We just have to wait for her to wake, I dealt her a rather terrible blow... or two. Sorry about the winter, happened when I knocked her power out of her temporarily."

The Frozen North: Black Orcs!

The Black Orcs however are quite happy with the returning of the Ice Shelf. They begin making their way across it towards Demiorgia, and Stoixia. Time to spread the Grandeur that is Law, and kill anyone that disagrees!

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Cosmic Mother, Kryokoli, Isstus and everyone else, Limbo

Isstus approaches Ignus and Kryokoli

"Proposition: Detain suspect Divinity: Kryokoli within Limbo under close guard. Upon recovering her senses, I can initiate my Interrogation Program."

"Declaration: If Divinity: Kryokoli has information regarding the Cult Heresy, I shall find out.

14. - Top - End - #794

Cosmic Mother, Kryokoli, Isstus and everyone else, Limbo

Isstus approaches Ignus and Kryokoli

"Proposition: Detain suspect Divinity: Kryokoli within Limbo under close guard. Upon recovering her senses, I can initiate my Interrogation Program."

"Declaration: If Divinity: Kryokoli has information regarding the Cult Heresy, I shall find out.
    Ignus' voice comes out grimly determined. "You shall ask questions, she will answer honestly, this is the way of Divine Combat. Take care of your choice of words and your actions, for she is my daughter, and if you harm her, regardless of whether or not I am harmed by others, I will melt you into a puddle and devour your very being to feed my fire. It is my instinct, not controllable, please take no offense. I would kill everyone here if it would keep her safe. As I'm sure The Mother of Us All can understand."

She closes her eyes for a moment, and takes a deep breath. "I warn you, take no hostile action. I will not take responsibility for my actions if harm comes to her. I did as little to her as I could myself, though she asked me not to." She continues stroking her daughter's hair as she speaks, even as she physically bristles and the local temperature becomes uncomfortable to the gathered gods.

It cools though as she forcefully controls her breathing and temper. One hand gripping her hammer in a noticeably white knuckled grip.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-06-30 at 07:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Their zeal for helping the weak wanes as Kryokoli is beaten unconscious. Realizing that they might have just angered a very powerful being who might just hold a grudge, the assembled members of Tetlacochininervianl flee back to Chaqua. Perhaps it wasn't wise for them to interfere before they knew what was going on.

Falcon and Salawa - Limbo

Falcon and Salawa stare in awe as the great being violently brings in the being which looks minor in power only compared to the one who brought her in for interrogation. Falcon is fascinated by Ignus' power and seeming brutal efficiency while Salawa... well, no one but Salawa truly understands the mind of Salawa. Assuming it even does.

Falcon will humbly approach Ignus on her throne and ask, "Is the power of ones such as yourself so great that the world falls into winter as a mere aftershock of your fight against one of the mad gods who seek to end the world? And yet this Zalsaram's power is so great that even ones such as yourself fears its return?"

16. - Top - End - #796

Their zeal for helping the weak wanes as Kryokoli is beaten unconscious. Realizing that they might have just angered a very powerful being who might just hold a grudge, the assembled members of Tetlacochininervianl flee back to Chaqua. Perhaps it wasn't wise for them to interfere before they knew what was going on.

Falcon and Salawa - Limbo

Falcon and Salawa stare in awe as the great being violently brings in the being which looks minor in power only compared to the one who brought her in for interrogation. Falcon is fascinated by Ignus' power and seeming brutal efficiency while Salawa... well, no one but Salawa truly understands the mind of Salawa. Assuming it even does.

Falcon will humbly approach Ignus on her throne and ask, "Is the power of ones such as yourself so great that the world falls into winter as a mere aftershock of your fight against one of the mad gods who seek to end the world? And yet this Zalsaram's power is so great that even ones such as yourself fears its return?"
    "Fear? No. I have no fear of him, nor did he bear me or mine any malice. I assume because of some memory of my spawning while he was still in his innocence." She smiles down at her daughter sadly, "No more Malice may I bear him, nor he myself, than I may bear for my daughter. Once a pure thing of my very flesh and life formed and thrown into the world to awaken, then defiled in such a horrible manner." She closes her eyes and tilts her head slightly, "Through no fault of her own was she remade. I can bear her no ill intent. That burden lies on Grenzo. He will die." Her free hand grips her Throne's arm to hide her trembling. Her voice takes on a disturbingly sultry lilt with her next words, "But patience is required. Though die he shall. Slowly... painfully... loudly... Mmm... He will taste delicious I think, as I consume him to feed myself."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Falcon, Ignus, and Others - Limbo

"If you bear her no ill will, why did you beat her so badly that she fell into such a state? Could you not have forced her to come quietly? And if you do not fear or hate Zalsaram, why are you helping root out those seeking to resurrect him? Could you not merely beat him into submission as well should he attempt to do anything wrong?"

18. - Top - End - #798

Falcon, Ignus, and Others - Limbo

"If you bear her no ill will, why did you beat her so badly that she fell into such a state? Could you not have forced her to come quietly? And if you do not fear or hate Zalsaram, why are you helping root out those seeking to resurrect him? Could you not merely beat him into submission as well should he attempt to do anything wrong?"
    "Ignorant little thing, aren't you?" She sighs patiently and a single flame appears before her. "Number One: She started the fight, Powers cannot flee. It is impossible, the nature of such combat prevents it."

A second flame appears, "Two, If I myself had fought against her..." she shakes her head "It would have been much worse. I would not even have had to lift a finger, she would have destroyed herself in merely striking me, thus I had an avatar combat her. It was to do as little harm as possible, since she was so determined."

A third flame appears, "While I could merely force him to submit, it is wrong to raise a hand against a parent, even one that has been damaged in a manner similar to him. He is family, and not an enemy. As to why I joined, they too have children below. I am a mother. I will help them to protect theirs. Though none of them would do the same for me. As there is nothing in it for myself. I have... I believe the colloquial saying goes... 'no stakes' in it. Nothing to lose, nothing to gain. No reason to bother other than compassion and empathy. If Zalsaram is resurrected it could easily bring about the deaths of countless children of every race. I would not stand by and watch, it is not in my nature." She turns her gaze to the gathered Pantheon, "Which is also, coincidentally, why I hold such contempt for the others gathered here. They do not care about others, only their own." She frowns. "I could well be wrong about that, but have no reason to believe otherwise." She turns her gaze to The Cosmic Mother. Her eyes narrow slightly. "I did not request, need, require or want your help. You made it far more difficult not to permanently disfigure her by accident. I was already holding back as much as I could." Her eyes narrow slightly more. "I am... unhappy." Her face clears as she shrugs, "Though it did turn out better than I had expected... Nothing burned off or broken, so that's good." She instinctively moves her free hand back to stroking through Kryokoli's hair as she lets out another slow breath.

Her head turns to regard the 'creature', "Any more questions?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Limbo Eucle, and others

Eucle considers Ignus prompting. For one instant he is tempted to flatly refuse. "Prompt" isn't to be some kind of magical world to get him to dance at anyone's tune. But ultimately he nods. There is no point in searching for the heart at the belly. The belly won't hold it. The dragon would have had no reason to hide it somewhere the gods could traverse. But it was still a start. A start to build some trust. And to patch the rough edges with Ignus. So he nodded. And while he didn't walk behind her he let his consciousness trail behind the renewal goddess.

And what he found was interesting. Of great interest. What he saw and heard.

When Ignus returned with Kryokoli he smiled, a golden smile that didn't leave his eyes. Nothing went on, the god was silent. Letting the Aegis decide, not only if they wanted their help but how they would deal with Kryokoli.
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-06-30 at 09:32 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

20. - Top - End - #800
    Orc in the Playground

The Grack - Craast Territory

Inside the hollow body of the Grack, the corpses of the Craast which it had swallowed were melded together into a monstrous creature. Larger arms and horns like the brute, the regeneration of the singer, secondary arms and legs of the maker along with their camouflage, and the fur and wolf-like traits of the hunters, along with all the traits that existed with the unchanged made stronger. It was bound by dark magic and the power of the Grack. It was large, and took on Frankenstein-like appearance. Sown together by untold magic and evil. The Grack had made something that, alone, was far more powerful than the Craast he had seen. This creature that he had made would certainly be an example of his power. Elsewhere, the Skull of the Arisen glowed as it charged the creature in the belly of the Grack with the spark of undeath.

The Grack gave the creature a name - Grast. There would only be one. The Grack then wretched, and spewed the beast onto the world. Its task was now to hunt for the strongest creatures in the land - to assimilate their power, and acquire power.

Spoiler: Clora AP
    Show
    Initial AP: [3]
    Utility Artifact Usages:
    Create Subrace (SotA) - The Grack has made the one and the only Grast. Stats will come up on the OOC once I have them together.
    AP Remaining: [3]

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Kixian and Boulderbuttz WAAGH- Demiourgia
    The Kix surged forth after they had their target. Slowly the plants began to gather and march in a tide of green with the haze of pollen as they marched. Even with the light of summer and the start of winter couldn't stop them as they felt H'vooz watch over them from somewhere within the void, the WAAGH being used as a force of balance in an otherwise conflicting Playground.

Grenzo and his growing family - Madhouse
    Grenzo cackled at the compliment and request. His flames flashed out and licked the two spirits, washing them in His warm embrace. Finally he whispered, the sound of a fireplace on a cold winter's night, "You are all welcome within my family. We could always use more friends after all!"

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Grenzo: 12 AP; Goblin, Sin PAP; MIC, SotC Charges

Lustria: 5

Hlo: 7; Moon, Sin PAP; H'vooz (Pestilence, Nourishment x2), Xirmr'z (PN) Charges
    H'vooz: The Sun, hidden as it may be, still finds a way to bless the Playground. Kix find the light of It's sun, causing the plants to surge forth with the same energy they once showed during the dual light of the old days. At the same time the pestilence that once helped bring all the world to a stand still now brought non-orcs on Demiourgia to inaction.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2015-06-30 at 01:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ettin in the Playground

Pernieth - The Void

To see his erstwhile creator brought so low as to be used in a scheme by another to harm the world he sought to protect, even to his own destruction... there was no great love between father and son, but such a think could not stand. Pernieth reaches out with both hands, and millions of tendrils extend, enshrouding and binding the body of the Visionary. None upon its surface are harmed, though they might receive quite a fright from seeing their world covered by living vines. Pernieth has been an immovable object since the moment of his creation. He pulls the Visionary away from Oussia. He channels entropy into the vines, and they rot to nothingness in an instant.

Not content to merely fix the problem without preventing future ones, Pernieth leaves behind his own measure of protection. A small organism, undetectable to mortals, hidden from avatars, and even only noticeable to gods if they bothered to look.This organism was attuned to divine energy. If another deity attempted to influence the Visionary... Pernieth would know.

Finally, with a thought he banishes the unnatural winter. And, as he looks back to Limbo, he sees someone he never thought would be foolish enough to leave the protection of the Playground. Retribution was coming.

Show
    14=15-1: Nourishment - Counter Ahn's movement of the Visionary.
    13=14-1: Nourishment - The Ward: A microorganism living on the Visionary that warns Pernieth of any attempts to manipulate the city using divine energy.
    12=13-1: Nourishment - Counter Kryokoli's DC winter.

Limbo - Isstus, Pernieth, Ignus, Kryokoli

Pernieth re-appears like a bolt of lightning, which is not so much simile, as literally how he traveled to Limbo. He listens carefully to Isstus' suggestions of ascertaining the guilt or innocence of Eucle, and then, to the newborn god. "Approval."

Ignus returns with the limp body of her daughter. Pernieth turns, and his eyes narrow in rage. A thorned blade grows from his arm. "MOVE." he roars, anger written on every fiber of his being. He pulls all his latent power into himself, and in an instant, four spectral animals stand next to him, and Evaliir, the wolf spirit, howls balefully. The animals pace angrily, and every movement is written with violence.

Show
    9=12-3: Raise DR -> 17 [Using Actions: (Create Artifact: Tiger [3], Create Artifact: Turtle [3], Nourishment, Melting Tree Ice [1])
    6=9-3: Raise DR -> 18 [Using Actions: (Create Artifact: Bear [3], Nourishment: Dream Sun [1], Nourishment - Counter Ahn's movement of the Visionary [1], Nourishment - The Ward [1], Nourishment - Counter Kryokoli's DC winter [1])

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

"Ignorant little thing, aren't you?" She sighs patiently and a single flame appears before her. "Number One: She started the fight, Powers cannot flee. It is impossible, the nature of such combat prevents it."

A second flame appears, "Two, If I myself had fought against her..." she shakes her head "It would have been much worse. I would not even have had to lift a finger, she would have destroyed herself in merely striking me, thus I had an avatar combat her. It was to do as little harm as possible, since she was so determined."

A third flame appears, "While I could merely force him to submit, it is wrong to raise a hand against a parent, even one that has been damaged in a manner similar to him. He is family, and not an enemy. As to why I joined, they too have children below. I am a mother. I will help them to protect theirs. Though none of them would do the same for me. As there is nothing in it for myself. I have... I believe the colloquial saying goes... 'no stakes' in it. Nothing to lose, nothing to gain. No reason to bother other than compassion and empathy. If Zalsaram is resurrected it could easily bring about the deaths of countless children of every race. I would not stand by and watch, it is not in my nature." She turns her gaze to the gathered Pantheon, "Which is also, coincidentally, why I hold such contempt for the others gathered here. They do not care about others, only their own." She frowns. "I could well be wrong about that, but have no reason to believe otherwise." She turns her gaze to The Cosmic Mother. Her eyes narrow slightly. "I did not request, need, require or want your help. You made it far more difficult not to permanently disfigure her by accident. I was already holding back as much as I could." Her eyes narrow slightly more. "I am... unhappy." Her face clears as she shrugs, "Though it did turn out better than I had expected... Nothing burned off or broken, so that's good." She instinctively moves her free hand back to stroking through Kryokoli's hair as she lets out another slow breath.

Her head turns to regard the 'creature', "Any more questions?"
    Falcon, Ignus, Others - Limbo

Falcon bobs his head at being called both ignorant and little. He does indeed know that he is. Hence his fascination with asking questions with Ignus.

"Just one. What did I do to make it harder for you to not hurt her? I haven't seen this one before now, and none of my siblings mentioned meeting one like this. I am confused"

At this point Salawa chimes in with, "Yesyesyes! The Many are one are many are two are three are to are tools after all that's what a brother is for."

Falcon looks at him with the most confused, quizzical expression a bird of prey has ever given another being.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    Grenzo and his growing family - Madhouse
    Grenzo cackled at the compliment and request. His flames flashed out and licked the two spirits, washing them in His warm embrace. Finally he whispered, the sound of a fireplace on a cold winter's night, "You are all welcome within my family. We could always use more friends after all!"
    Viper, Coyote, Grenzo - Madhouse

"indeed, family is great! Who else is going to listen to the totally 120% true about how one fought a great pig-bear that threatened to eat the sun?" Coyote yelps.

Viper declares. "Yes, one could always use more friends."

Spoiler: AP expenditures
    Show
    ap: 1=2-1(join pantheon: Lords of Chaos)

dogma: The Lords of Chaos are encouraged to aid each other in generating a better world through chaos.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

Limbo - Isstus, Pernieth, Ignus, Kryokoli, Eucle, etcetera

"Everyone. Before we deal with the self recognized yet unconscious cultist can we deal with the alleged albeit conscious cultist? I might have a rather vexed interest in knowing if you want my help or not, but the interest is still there."

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Limbo - Isstus, Pernieth, Ignus, Kryokoli, Eucle, etcetera

"Everyone. Before we deal with the self recognized yet unconscious cultist can we deal with the alleged albeit conscious cultist? I might have a rather vexed interest in knowing if you want my help or not, but the interest is still there."
    "No" Pernieth says caustically, and the Alpha Pack fans out around Ignus and her daughter.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Orc in the Playground

Kealoharen and everyone else in Limbo - Limbo

Kealoharen had been silent for quite a lengthy period of the meeting since the signing of the Aegis and creation of Isstus. However, as Pernieth moved with aggression towards Kryokoli, Kealoharen appeared between the ancient nature god and his foe. "I cannot let you harm her. Not only is this not the place, but causing her to suffer will not solve whatever quarrel you may have. Suffering never solves anything!" The deity reiterated one of its major points, and while doing so took the form of a treant. They knew that they could not stop Pernieth physically - but hoped that appealing to the deity might stop the violence before it started.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

Limbo

Eucle shakes his head but doesn't say anything at the negative from the plant god. He crosses his arms around his chest. Then he nods once, firmly.

"Fair enough. I guess that per your rules, you've got to punish heretics swiftly. If you need help, I offered it to you once when we were both afar from her due to the world's barrier and protection."

He then turns to the love god and smiles brightly.

"Pardon me telling you what you need do or not do. But as far as I understand, of course I'm still on limbo on the matter, those that are found as heretics need to be punished swiftly. Of course you can argue that she isn't an heretic. And if that's the case you would be arguing that she accused me of being one without reason. And then I would be the one doing punishment. Of course I might punish her even if she is an heretic. Which would probably be helpful to you as a group. I'm rather confused as in which scenario she needs not be swiftly punished. Now what I would do given the situation. Due to their recent combat Kryokoli is indebted to Ignus, who in turn due to their past combat is indebted to Pernieth. Who clearly wants to be the one doing the talking with Kryokoli. I would simply transfer the debt and let begones be gones."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-06-30 at 01:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    He then turns to the love god and smiles brightly.

"Pardon me telling you what you need do or not do. But as far as I understand, of course I'm still on limbo on the matter, those that are found as heretics need to be punished swiftly. Of course you can argue that she isn't an heretic. And if that's the case you would be arguing that she accused me of being one without reason. And then I would be the one doing punishment. Of course I might punish her even if she is an heretic. Which would probably be helpful to you as a group. I'm rather confused as in which scenario she needs not be swiftly punished."
    The deity stood firm. "The Cosmic mother said it herself. The cultist are misguided. This does not mean they deserve to be hurt. That does not mean that this goddess - or anyone - deserves to suffer. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves compassion. We don't have to hurt them and we shouldn't want to. Causing pain changes nothing.
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-06-30 at 01:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

Eucle nods to the loving god. And opens his arms in a welcoming expression. His normally serious and formal expression drops for a moment. He comes to Kealoharen side and puts a hand on the fellow divinity shoulder. He then whispers quietly.

"While I agree with you in that cultist do not deserve to be hurt. Note please that as a helpful alleged cultist I have vexed interests for that to be the case. I cannot agree with you in your words. Your club has rules. What the cosmic mother say, as long as you play by the rules, has little sway. Now we could argue back and forth about the big and the fine print. And that would be lovely. For example I could argue that you are the ones misguided. Look at me alleged cultist and all, I walked atop living Zalsaram, technically unliving yet you get the point, with my children. Nothing happened to them. You know what Zalsaram is? Zalsaram is the world. Zalsaram is also a god. Do you know what happens to a god when said god dies? Well. It's not pretty. Irregardless of the cultist misguiding, and specially the helpful alleged cultists (again vexed interest bear with me), your club has rules. Punish heretics swiftly. I love loop holes though and I'll help your case. Heretics isn't defined, it's assumed to refer to cultist but not necessarily the case, I would ask Kethneciel who is the expert on laws for that. You might also want to argue that punishment doesn't imply suffering, but I probably won't buy you that and again I have a special interest in not suffering. Finally you could try to figet that swiftly is something in cosmical terms, that as we are potentially eternal swift lacks much meaning. But if you try that route... well... you might get the short end stick of dear Pernieth's patience."

Then he claps his hands like a bright idea just occurred to him. This time it isn't as much as a whisper, at least at the beginning.

"Wait! Wait! Argue that the combat between Kryokoli and Ignus was the punishment. I mean it was self defense but we don't need to tell that to anyone."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-06-30 at 02:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post
    Kealoharen and everyone else in Limbo - Limbo

Kealoharen had been silent for quite a lengthy period of the meeting since the signing of the Aegis and creation of Isstus. However, as Pernieth moved with aggression towards Kryokoli, Kealoharen appeared between the ancient nature god and his foe. "I cannot let you harm her. Not only is this not the place, but causing her to suffer will not solve whatever quarrel you may have. Suffering never solves anything!" The deity reiterated one of its major points, and while doing so took the form of a treant. They knew that they could not stop Pernieth physically - but hoped that appealing to the deity might stop the violence before it started.
    "Family" A living image of a forest, dying with ice in its heart, and the goddess who put it there.

"Pain" Another image, this time of the First Tree, and the spikes of ice, transfixing a being almost as old as the world, who did nothing but care for every living creature that called her home.

"Child" Now Cassandra appears, and the stark icy blue of the wounds left by Wintertide show across her back. She fights against an image of Kryokoli, but it is clear that she stands no chance of victory, and the other goddess knows this full well.

"Justice." he finishes, and a second blade grows from his other wrist.