New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Thanks, LP.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Last edited by Threadnaught; 2015-05-28 at 10:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd like to give my two cp about a couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    I give permission. Must we still link to ourselves?
    Snow doesn't require this anymore, but it makes my gathering of permissions way easier. I'm much less likely to miss your permission if you've put a link in your post, especially now that permissions tend to be a paragraph or more long.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I think if someone makes a PrC/Elder Evil/Maneuver/etc they should do one of the following:
    2. Quote and/or link the GitP regular's permission post when they post the thing they're making
    This one. I try to do this one every time. It makes it way easier for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Dammit LP, I was trying to surprise you with this!

The Loyal Knight

It's a google doc because I can't do table formatting worth a damn.
    I love this. Thank you Elric! In fact... PsyBomb, can Vincent take this?

Thanks, LP.
    Anytime. Except, you know, the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    You missed my permission. :(.
    Fixed, I didn't see your permission earlier. Sorry Sir Thread of Naughtingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    I believe I'm in the wrong list, at present.
    Fixed it.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-28 at 10:04 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #65

Well damn, Loyal Knight has the majority of Loyal Paladin.

6. - Top - End - #66

I play more than one Paladin you know. There's no law that says PrC's can't be similar. *Axiomatic Eyebrow Wiggle*

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sorry, wasn't meaning to step on anybody's toes. Great minds think alike I suppose!

8. - Top - End - #68

Sorry, wasn't meaning to step on anybody's toes. Great minds think alike I suppose!
    I think I'll still make that ACF though.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Dammit LP, I was trying to surprise you with this!

The Loyal Knight

It's a google doc because I can't do table formatting worth a damn.
    if you want, i'm bored enough to turn it into a table...
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    if you want, i'm bored enough to turn it into a table...
    It's up to you. All I know is that table coding is beyond my meager capabilities.

11. - Top - End - #71

Kobold

Via Elricaltovilla, for LoyalPaladin:
    And here's a Thank You for you WeaselGuy!

The Nimble Charger
    Loyal Knight

Loyalty is the ultimate expression of the virtues of Chivalry. Those who truly exemplify it find themselves empowered by not only the forces of good, but also by their dedication to the chivalric code and its virtues of Loyalty, Honor, Courage and Mercy.

Requirements

Alignment:
    Lawful Good

BAB:
    +6

Skills:
    Knowledge (Nobility) 5 ranks (PF) or Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) 8 ranks (3.5)

Class Features:
    Lay on Hands, Knight’s Test of Mettle (3.5) or Cavalier’s Challenge (PF)

Class Skills:
    The class Skills for the Loyal Knight are:
    • 3.5- Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
    • PF- Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Ranks at Each Level:
    4 + Int modifier.

Hit Die:
    D10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features Spellcasting
    1st +1 +1 +0 +1 Oath of Loyalty, Smite Foe 1/day, Knightly Conduct +1 level of divine spellcasting class
    2nd +2 +1 +1 +1 Aura of Protection +1 level of divine spellcasting class
    3rd +3 +2 +1 +2 Smite Foe 2/day -
    4th +4 +2 +1 +2 Bonds of Loyalty +1 level of divine spellcasting class
    5th +5 +3 +2 +3 Smite Foe 3/day +1 level of divine spellcasting class

Class Features:
    Spells Per Day: At the indicated levels, the Loyal Knight gains new spells per day as if he had gained a level in the divine spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the Loyal Knight prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a Loyal Knight, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Oath of Loyalty (Su): Starting at 1st level, the Loyal Knight can form special bonds with those companions he has spent time with and grown close to. The Loyal Knight may swear an Oath of Loyalty with a number of creatures up to his Charisma modifier. While sharing this oath, the Loyal Knight and his sworn companions become immune to mind-affecting effects which would cause them to harm each other (such as a dominate spell which orders a sworn companion to attack another sworn companion, or a confusion spell that would result in an attack against a sworn companion), instead the creature does nothing that round and may make a new save to end the effect. This oath lasts as long as both the Loyal Knight and the sworn companion are both still alive. In addition, the Loyal Knight may monitor his sworn companions condition as if they were under the effects of a deathwatch spell.

Knightly Conduct (Ex): If the Loyal Knight possesses the Cavalier’s Challenge (PF), Knight’s Test of Mettle (3.5), Lay on Hands or Smite Evil class features, his levels in Loyal Knight stack with his levels in other classes which grant those abilities for purposes of determining their strength, uses per day, and other effects determined by level.

Smite Foe (Su): Starting at 1st level, the Loyal Knight may choose to smite an enemy who has successfully attacked one of the Loyal Knight’s Sworn Companions within a number of rounds equal to his Charisma Modifier. The creature targeted by Smite Foe is considered an Evil Outsider for determining the amount of damage dealt by the Loyal Knight’s Smite Evil class feature. If the Loyal Knight does not possess the Smite Evil class feature from a previous class, he is treated as a paladin of his Loyal Knight level for purposes of determining the number of Smite Evil uses he has per day.

Aura of Protection (Su): At 2nd level, the Loyal Knight’s divine grace envelops his allies in a protective field. Sworn Companions within 30 ft. of the Loyal Knight gain DR/- equal to the Loyal Knight’s Class level, and the benefits of a protection from evil spell (caster level equal to the Loyal Knight’s character level).

Bonds of Loyalty (Su): Starting at 4th level, the Loyal Knight and his sworn companions are so in tune with each other that their minds and bodies instinctively work together. Whenever two or more sworn companions are required to make the same saving throw, they use the highest result rolled. If any sworn companions who make these saving throws possess the Evasion or Mettle abilities, all the sworn companions who are making saving throws are considered to have those abilities.
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-28 at 11:18 AM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

12. - Top - End - #72

It's up to you. All I know is that table coding is beyond my meager capabilities.
    I'm a terrible person and I quoted WeaselGuy's post so I could use his table/format haha. But for some reason, when I preview my post, I can't see levels 6-10. Any advice?

13. - Top - End - #73

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm a terrible person and I quoted WeaselGuy's post so I could use his table/format haha. But for some reason, when I preview my post, I can't see levels 6-10. Any advice?
    It's only a 5 level PrC. There are no levels 6-10. I figured you might want room to still try and fit Fist of Raziel into your build.

15. - Top - End - #75

Kobold

The Nimble Charger
    Thanks! I'll probably put this into code for posterity's sake as well...
    It's only a 5 level PrC. There are no levels 6-10. I figured you might want room to still try and fit Fist of Raziel into your build.
    Are you talking about the build Elric did for you, or a build you're doing yourself? If the latter, it's probably a tabling issue. I'd have to look at the code to know for sure, but you're probably missing a /td or few somewhere.
    My Extended Sig!

16. - Top - End - #76

I don't think I was very clear... I'm writing a Prestige Class for WeaselGuy and am almost done. But I've got 10 levels. For some reason, only 5 show up when I preview my post. I copied WeaselGuy's format so I could steal his code, then I copy/pasted level 5 till I had 10 level slots.

If the latter, it's probably a tabling issue. I'd have to look at the code to know for sure, but you're probably missing a /td or few somewhere.
    You're a genius. It's fixed.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-28 at 11:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Kobold

Via Elricaltovilla, for myself, WeaselGuy!

The Nimble Charger
    Nimble Charger
    When you’re small, all the world wants to step on you. It doesn’t take long to learn that the best way to defend yourself is to be where no one expects. By leveraging the momentum of their mount’s swift speed, and the natural litheness inherent in a smaller frame, Nimble chargers learn to turn their disadvantages into powerful weapons against the biggest of foes.

Requirements

Feats:
    Spirited Charge, Mounted Combat, Ride By Attack

BAB:
    +3

Skills:
    Ride 3 Ranks, Handle Animal 3 ranks

Special:Must be small size or smaller

Special:
    Animal companion class feature with an effective druid level of 3rd or mount class feature that progresses as an animal companion with an effective druid level of 3rd.

Class Skills:
    The class Skills for the Nimble Charger are: Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Swim (Str).

Skill Ranks at Each Level:
    4 + Int modifier.

Hit Die:
    d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features
    1st +1 +1 +1 +0 Nimble Lance, Steed
    2nd +2 +1 +1 +1 Fleet Charge +10
    3rd +3 +2 +2 +1 Dancing Charge
    4th +4 +2 +2 +1 Fleet Charge +20
    5th +5 +3 +3 +2 Pounce

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Nimble Charger gains proficiency with the lance if they do not already possess it. Nimble Chargers gain no new armor proficiencies.

Nimble Lance (Ex): With careful placement and finesse, the Nimble Charger sets his lance against a much larger foe and delivers a blow with as much force as any other creature. When mounted, you may use your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength Modifier for attack and damage rolls with lances. You add 1.5x your Dexterity modifier to damage rolls if you are using your lance two handed.

Steed (Ex): Your levels in Nimble Charger stack with levels in classes that grant a mount or animal companion for purposes of determining the strength of your animal companion.

Fleet Charge (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, whenever the Nimble Charger makes a charge attack, he increases the distance of his charge by 10 ft. This increases to 20 ft. at 4th level.

Dancing Charge (Ex): At 3rd level, the nimble charger’s skill with his mount is such that there are few possible impediments to stopping his charge. When you make a mounted charge, you may ignore difficult terrain and you can make one turn of up to 90 degrees during your charge.

Pounce (Ex): At 5th level, the Nimble Charger and his mount gain the Pounce special ability. If the Nimble Charger makes a charge attack, he and his mount may each make a full attack at the end of the charge. In addition, if the nimble charger is using the Ride By Attack feat, he may choose to make some of his iterative attacks against any creatures he rides by as part of his attack, instead of against the final target of his charge. These attacks still count towards the Nimble Charger’s maximum number of attacks, but the Nimble Charger may choose which of his iteratives he is using on each attack.
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-28 at 11:17 AM.
    My Extended Sig!

18. - Top - End - #78

I grant my permission for this.
    I'm 98% comfortable with unleashing this monster unto the world.

Kobold Warcharger
    Hit Die
    d12

Requirements
    Alignment: Any Lawful
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Mounted Combat, Power Attack
    Race: Kobold
    Skills: Ride 8 Ranks

Class Skills
    The Kobold Warcharger’s class skills are Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty) (Int), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Swim (Str)

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
    2 + Int modifier.

1st +1 +0 +0 +2 Dire Weasel Mount, Mounted Advantage
    2nd +2 +0 +0 +3 Weapon Focus (Lance)
    3rd +3 +1 +1 +3 Mounted Advantage
    4th +4 +1 +1 +4 Improved Critical (Lance)
    5th +5 +1 +1 +4 Mounted Advantage
    6th +6 +2 +2 +5 Improved Power Attack
    7th +7 +2 +2 +5 Mounted Advantage
    8th +8 +2 +2 +6 Ride-By Attack
    9th +9 +3 +3 +6 Mounted Advantage
    10th +10 +3 +3 +7 Supreme Power Attack

Class Features
    All the following are Class Features of the Kobold Warcharger prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Kobold Warchargers gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Dire Weasel Mount
    A Kobold Warcharger gains an exceptionally sturdy Dire Weasel mount at first level, this functions as the Paladin Special Mount class feature. If the Kobold Warcharger has any Paladin or Knight levels, they may take those into account when determining the mount's HD and other bonuses.

Mounted Advantage
    At first level, when making a charge against an unmounted opponent, a Kobold Warcharger gains a +1 to their attack and damage.

This bonus increases by +1 at every odd Kobold Warcharger level.

Weapon Focus (Lance)
    At second level, you gain the Weapon Focus (Lance) feat, even if you do not have any of the prerequisites normally required for this feat.

Improved Critical (Lance)
    At fourth level, you gain the Improved Critical (Lance) feat, even if you do not have any of the prerequisites normally required for this feat.

Improved Power Attack
    At sixth level, a Kobold Warcharger deals +50% the normal damage from her use of the Power Attack feat. In other words, when using the Power Attack feat, a Kobold Warcharger wielding a two-handed weapon gains a +3 bonus on damage rolls (instead of a +2 bonus) for each —1 penalty they applies to their attack rolls.

Ride-By Attack
    At eighth level, you gain the Ride-By Attack feat, even if you do not have any of the prerequisites normally required for this feat.

Supreme Power Attack
    At tenth level a Kobold Warcharger deals +100% the normal damage from her use of the Power Attack feat. In other words, when using the Power Attack feat, a Kobold Warcharger wielding a two-handed weapon gains a +4 bonus on damage rolls (instead of a +2 bonus) for each —1 penalty she applies to her attack rolls.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-28 at 11:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

I give my permission, mostly out of curiosity of what people might do. Bonus points if you work in being chaotic evil without slaughtering kittens and babies.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2015-05-29 at 07:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

I give permission. I'd love to see where that goes.
    Red Mage avatar by Aedilred.

Where do you fit in? (link fixed)

RedMage Prestige Class!

Best advice I've ever heard one DM give another:
    "Remember that it is both a game and a story. If the two conflict, err on the side of cool, your players will thank you for it."

Second Eternal Foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Dammit, not one, but 2 guys beat me to Weaselguy's mounted class. D:

Also, weasel can I ask for a table sometime? I have a PC class I want to finish sometime.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

My permission was given and apparently missed back on page 2.

Has anyone done Psybomb? I'm considering thanking him for all his help by further immortalizing him with a PrC that actually goes into Akashic Mysteries, maybe like an Alchemist / Vizier focused PrC that allows you to throw bombs that create areas of amplified magic or spawn living veils.

23. - Top - End - #83

Kobold

The Nimble Charger
    I also somehow completely forgot to thank you for your hard work. I'm so sorry, thank you very much Elric, I love this!

I'm 98% comfortable with unleashing this monster unto the world.

Kobold Warcharger

-snip-
    And thank you for this too LP I'm gonna have to go and make an extended sig now to finally fit all this stuff! This is also the first time I've score a double! I feel all special and stuff

Also, weasel can I ask for a table sometime? I have a PC class I want to finish sometime.
    yeah, lemme do another match of League with the wife, and I'll hook you up!
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-28 at 12:07 PM.
    My Extended Sig!

24. - Top - End - #84

It was like an open invite. I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Fixed. This is where the linking your permission comes in handy. It stands out so my poor paladin eyes can see it. I'm also a little off my game today.

And thank you for this too LP I'm gonna have to go and make an extended sig now to finally fit all this stuff! This is also the first time I've score a double! I feel all special and stuff
    Huzzah! Have fun wrecking the enemies with your mount.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-28 at 12:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post

Has anyone done Psybomb? I'm considering thanking him for all his help by further immortalizing him with a PrC that actually goes into Akashic Mysteries, maybe like an Alchemist / Vizier focused PrC that allows you to throw bombs that create areas of amplified magic or spawn living veils.
    I saw your permission, but you said you wanted a PrC that wasn't Akasha Based, so my Akasha/Initiating Theurge PrC is a no go.

You should definitely do Psybomb. That sounds like an awesome PrC.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Ssalarn, I'm working on one for you. The no-Akasha request made it harder... but I think I have one. Just need to tune it to be strong enough but still balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

27. - Top - End - #87

Kobold

I don't know how to make the code show up without turning it into a table, but here's a 5 level table with no data in it. Just quote me and copy-paste to taste...
    1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    5th
    My Extended Sig!

28. - Top - End - #88

I don't know how to make the code show up without turning it into a table, but here's a 5 level table with no data in it. Just quote me and copy-paste to taste...
    This is great actually. Everyone can use this to write PrCs.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

If you turn on wysiswg formatting, you can just copy/paste from Word or Google Docs. Button in the top left of the post editor.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    If you turn on wysiswg formatting, you can just copy/paste from Word or Google Docs. Button in the top left of the post editor.
    Only half of those are real words

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.