New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Damn, missed my chance to apply.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl ITP III: Where You Either Win or Blame Nuffle... Sometimes Both

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Recording the results of the games, I do that myself. The game records all the results for me, and I just throw 'em into a table in my first post of this Thread. All you need to do is play your game and then let me or Silfir know when you're done so we can validate it for you.

If by recording you mean a "play by play" account so that you can watch the game back later, the game also does that for you - you can watch your playbacks under Single Player =>Load =>Replays (from the main menu) and you can watch other peoples' games by downloading their Save Game files and drag/dropping them into your C:\Users\(Account Name)\Documents\bloodbowlchaos\saves\Replays folder through the desktop explorer. Please don't ask me how that works on a Mac, but I presume it's something similar.
    Ok, I can't recall what the issue was with validating games a couple of years ago, I only know that it didn't work properly at one point. It's also possible that we used that software to record particular records like Rushing Yards, TDs and the like. Glad I don't have to install and run BBManager while I'm playing the game though, and can just get to it.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Well, have applied for the Rookie League with newly-created Vampire team Aristocracy Of Ze Night. Here's hoping we get 3 more players!
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    It's also possible that we used that software to record particular records like Rushing Yards, TDs and the like. Glad I don't have to install and run BBManager while I'm playing the game though, and can just get to it.
    The game will remember your Rushed Yards/TD's/Injuries Inflicted and the likes under your player stats - you can view those while looking at your team's roster. It'll also collate the whole League into a Hall of Fame, if you want to know who currently has the best/fastest/most violent player, too.

Quote Originally Posted by LCP
    Well, have applied for the Rookie League with newly-created Vampire team Aristocracy Of Ze Night. Here's hoping we get 3 more players!
    I'll nudge Unpronounceable again, he was thinking about a High Elf team but was dithering over names. That leaves two, and I don't know if Silfir has formally declined to join.... maybe one left, with a little luck?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll definitely create a team and join to make up the numbers - though having to do so in the next 24 hours is really putting me on the spot!

I think you're moving way too fast to be honest - we've gone from complete silence and the playoffs still going on to "NOW NOW NOW" There are people, I'm sure, who don't check the thread daily. (I do, but I'm a madman.)

EDIT: I've used BBManager before, and it's a handy little tool for doing tournaments with - though I also think our league is casual enough that we don't really have to dive into using it.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2015-10-26 at 03:59 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    I suppose that I could try....Halflings???

I also "abused" my privileges in the Standard League to give my Vampires a break in favor of my Norse from the KO league. I'm unsure about whether the Meddling Insects should make way for the Vampires in the Legacy League.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh, forgot to give my Steam profile for the league table: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994613030/
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw crap - I didn't realize last night when I made Have Some Popkhorne that a) we already had Khorne Daemons and b) they basically have the same theme. Back to the drawing board...

9. - Top - End - #939

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Shishnarfne View Post
    I suppose that I could try....Halflings???
    Having watched cKnoor's stream on Saturday and seeing him play as Halflings with an amazing degree of success, I'd have to say that if anyone can do it, you can Shish

Speaking of which, I have 3/4 players waiting to join - would you care to make it up to the full 16? Silfir has inspired me with a potential way around it if you'd rather not, but it requires a bit of fiddling and it'd be better to have more people on board

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir
    Aw crap - I didn't realize last night when I made Have Some Popkhorne that a) we already had Khorne Daemons and b) they basically have the same theme. Back to the drawing board...
    Well, I had intended to cause a stir, not a panic! If you're really struggling for ideas then I don't mind a) waiting another day or b) throwing half a dozen suggestions at you. I'll give it a couple more hours at least, since I'm not having to be at work until late.

10. - Top - End - #940

BardGuy

Having watched cKnoor's stream on Saturday and seeing him play as Halflings with an amazing degree of success, I'd have to say that if anyone can do it, you can Shish

Speaking of which, I have 3/4 players waiting to join - would you care to make it up to the full 16? Silfir has inspired me with a potential way around it if you'd rather not, but it requires a bit of fiddling and it'd be better to have more people on board

Well, I had intended to cause a stir, not a panic! If you're really struggling for ideas then I don't mind a) waiting another day or b) throwing half a dozen suggestions at you. I'll give it a couple more hours at least, since I'm not having to be at work until late.
    Ok, I'll try tossing the little guys in... but I'll get some "temporary help" to meet the 800 TV minimum (yes, I plan to deliberately run a low TV).
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

11. - Top - End - #941

Griffon

Sounds fine - How low to you want to go? If you want to go down to 600 so you can get your Chef and Deeproot in your first game (which is the way I've seen them played) then I can change it easily enough. Just say the word.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shishnarfne View Post
    Ok, I'll try tossing the little guys in... but I'll get some "temporary help" to meet the 800 TV minimum (yes, I plan to deliberately run a low TV).
    Deliberately low TV is pretty much the only way to play Halflings competitively. If you aren't able to bring Deeproot and a Master Chef to every game, you're going to have a much harder time of it.

Signature of Holding

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Since there aren't any Skaven yet, I'm going with my safe fallback of the Cheesy Comestibles Club. To spice things up a bit, they have a rat ogre!

As for my inspirational idea - the one flaw I think it has is that to not upset the balance of the SPP and gold earnings in the league, the "filler" team actually has to win every game by admin decision, and then manually booted off the playoffs. Good thing we don't have to deal with that.

EDIT: Though come to think of it, even that results in the first team to face the filler team being necessarily behind in gold and SPP to the teams that follow... Probably the fairest way to do it is with admin draws?
    Last edited by Silfir; 2015-10-27 at 04:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944

Griffon

Apparently the dummy account is unnecessary, as Shishnarfne is once again going to prove that being able to control all of your team every turn is for cowards and has volunteered himself as our precious #16 team with Certainly Not Hobbits.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rookie League Season 02 is now live!

Calender for Week 01:
    Liber Chaotica (Wraith) vs. Big Red's Bubblegum Brawlas (Grytorm)
    The Phanci Phoenixs (Unpronounceable) vs Reg'Lar Hoomanz (Zinc)
    Dwarfcraft Reign of Chaos (CareemSoda) vs. Peexar Reanimation Studio (Deadline)
    Corrupting Vices (nhbdy) vs. Certainly Not Hobbits (Shishnarfne)

Passers and Pushovers (Maethirion) vs. Cheesy Comestibles Club (Silfir)
    Thunder and Fury (Devmaar) vs. Grateful Dead (Manticoran)
    Enter Team Nam Here (Qwertystop) vs. Hellborn Hooligans Reborn (ShadowFighter)
    Final-Fantasy (Qwaz) vs. Aristocracy of ze Night (LCP)

Games to be completed by: Monday 9th November

Randomly generated Divisions, and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out - most of the new players ended up together and yet I don't think there's any obvious Matchup Of Death from the get go. Good luck, everyone!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2015-10-27 at 04:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it better to keep the discussion of when to play in the PMs? Especially before the playoffs. And I'm glad to see we reached 16 people.

16. - Top - End - #946

Yo Devmaar, I'm really busy this week. It's likely I won't be able to play before 6pm EST any day. I can play on Saturday after like 2pm EST, or Sunday from like 10am to 10pm EST.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

ShadowFighter, when are you available? I'm relatively busy but can generally play sometime in the evenings (EST).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #948
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wraith - thanks for the upload!

LCP I'll try and catch you around online over the next week and if not well arrange a time :)

19. - Top - End - #949

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    ShadowFighter, when are you available? I'm relatively busy but can generally play sometime in the evenings (EST).
    All times I mention here are Australian EST, for reference (that's +10 GMT and we don't use Daylight Savings because we know it's a waste of time this far south). I posted this at 1:45pm Wednesday so that and the timestamp above should help you get an idea.

I'm free on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons after about 2pm (technically half-past 1, but then I'll be juggling the game and my lunch). Weekends are obviously free any time and Mondays and Fridays are clear for the mornings up until about half-past 11, when I have to start getting ready for work. Some days I swap with someone so I'm working the opposite hours, but those swaps are just as we need them.

Thursdays are out, though; I'm only free for a couple of hours those days since I leave at about 5 for WarmaHordes night downtown.

EDIT: Sent you a friend invite through Steam as well, BTW.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2015-10-27 at 10:47 PM.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Yo Devmaar, I'm really busy this week. It's likely I won't be able to play before 6pm EST any day. I can play on Saturday after like 2pm EST, or Sunday from like 10am to 10pm EST.
    If I've got my time zone conversion right, I can probably do around 7 EST today, Friday, Saturday or Sunday
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

21. - Top - End - #951

Euphonic Cadence have been withdrawn from the main league in favour of my newly created Necromantic team, The Scourges of God.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #952
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

OK, this is probably an extremely dumb question, but is there an option to just randomly play teams not in your league on BB2? My schedule is semi-reliable, so I could potentially arrange something here, but I was also hoping to only embarrass myself to strangers at first, and not potentially people I would play against in the future, you know?

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you can enter public matchmaking in the NAF Official League, or whatever the biggest one in BBII is called, just like you could in BB:CE's Auld World or Naggaroth.

24. - Top - End - #954

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Perkinz View Post
    OK, this is probably an extremely dumb question, but is there an option to just randomly play teams not in your league on BB2? My schedule is semi-reliable, so I could potentially arrange something here, but I was also hoping to only embarrass myself to strangers at first, and not potentially people I would play against in the future, you know?
    As Silfir said, it's the same as for BB:CE, so "Yes and No".

If you have a team in a closed competition - like we at GitP have our Rookie League, where in once it gets started no teams can be added to it - then your only opponent is the next one on the formal schedule. If you want to play other games with THAT team specifically, then you have to drop out of the Closed competition and jump into an Open one. Or create another, identical team and play with that instead.

In an Open competition, you can just hit the button labelled "Find me an opponent" and the game will pick one at random from the pool available, usually of a similar Team Value. If you have ever heard to someone refer to 'spinning' in the game, that's what this is on account of in BB:CE you would be shown a graphic of a coin spinning on it's edge while the serverwas connecting you to a random opponent. I still use the term, but I suspect that it will eventually start to be forgotten.

If you need an Open Competition to spin in, the most famous three at the moment are the NAF League (run and maintained by Cyanide, and thus is the biggest by far, very easy to find an opponent but apparently infested with bashy Chaos teams at present), the Mister Hadwick Invitational (owned by the streamer cKnoor, not as big as NAF but held to more exacting standards when it comes to farmed teams and good sportsmanship) and the Little Skittles League (run by another Streamer named wowcrendor, full of similarly new players but also ones who are prone to concede them game in turn 3 if they fail a pickup or suffer even a mild injury to a positional player).

25. - Top - End - #955

Actually; Qwertystop, how are you for Friday evenings, your time? If I'm reading the timezones right, you're fifteen hours behind me. So 10am Saturday here would be 7pm Friday where you are. That or Sunday would work pretty well for our match, I think.

EDIT: If you're in a place that uses Daylight Savings Time, then that'd be 8pm Friday for you.
    Last edited by ShadowFighter15; 2015-10-29 at 07:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFighter15 View Post
    Actually; Qwertystop, how are you for Friday evenings, your time? If I'm reading the timezones right, you're fifteen hours behind me. So 10am Saturday here would be 7pm Friday where you are. That or Sunday would work pretty well for our match, I think.

EDIT: If you're in a place that uses Daylight Savings Time, then that'd be 8pm Friday for you.
    That works for me, yes.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #957
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey Deadline, I'm at GMT -5 until saturday, and then i'll be available to play on monday, however i will be in gmt -10 then. Vacations to hawaii are fun, however they make games harder to play. What does your schedule look like?
    Gunblade is love, Gunblade is life.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by careem soda View Post
    Hey Deadline, I'm at GMT -5 until saturday, and then i'll be available to play on monday, however i will be in gmt -10 then. Vacations to hawaii are fun, however they make games harder to play. What does your schedule look like?
    Hey Careem, I'm MST, so I think that's GMT-6. I'm available Saturday evening (from around 7 PM my time on). I can likely swing Monday, and my general availability is below:

Mon-Wed 8PM - Midnight
    Sat 7PM - Midnight
    Sun 9PM - Midnight

Signature of Holding

29. - Top - End - #959

Barely eked out a win (1-0) against Shishnarfne. He did serve me a nice large slice of humility by beating all but one of my blitzers into the injury or KO box, I was fortunate enough to not suffer any long term effects on them, but he played a very strong game, I was not convinced I was going to win until he dropped the ball in the last turn attempting to make a halfling fly.

I know I already said as much through steam, but VERY good game, it was a pleasure playing against you and good luck with future matches, I'd love to see a halfling team making it to the playoffs!

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

My game vs. Shadowfighter went alright. I lost 2-3. First half, I don't think I managed to do more than two successful things all half, maybe three. Gave up two points. Second half, I got a touchdown via giving the ball to a Saurus at the start, then managed to get my kicking Skink to catch his own kick during a Blitz event and run the ball to a touchdown in two turns (four dodges). The next kick, of course, went off the pitch so SF got to give it to a Beastman and ran it in on the last turn.
    My Homebrew