New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    to me it looks more like: you can go to the movie if you have a ticket, or are already in the movie. you lost your ticket, enjoy the movie.

i get that i got into the movie with my ticket and that i can stay, it just feels weird to watch the movie having no proof of me buying entry.

also, did you see the second question i edited in?
    Stances count as prerequisites for maneuvers (They are tickets to see the movie). If you only need one maneuver to meet the prerequisite, and you have one maneuver, you meet the prerequisite (and can go see the movie).

I did not see the question you edited in. Its a lot easier for me to find stuff if you just make a new post for each question instead of editing in new questions.

Path of war

also, how does primal fury slash interact with reach weapons? the feat says creatures adjacent to you. Does a reach weapon increase that to adjacent withing 10 ft? or am i just out of luck?
    A: Well, that's kind of complicated. Because pathfinder's rules about these situations aren't very clear as to what happens. I'd rule that you can make reach attacks with the weapon, but if there's a paizo FAQ out there that addresses this at all, follow that ruling.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Another schedule question for DSP: Was the airships stuff also pushed to 'indefinite hiatus'?

3. - Top - End - #333

PirateGuy

Ok cool, thanks Elric. i'll make seperate posts from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

PoW and PoW: Expanded

Question: the Omen Rider's mount can use the Omen Rider's boosts as long as they don't add damage die. How does this interact with boosts to gain extra attacks such as the Riven Hourglass and Thrashing Dragon boosts?
    Last edited by Kaidinah; 2015-09-13 at 09:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

Psionics Unleashed+Ult. Psi
    Can the Deep Crystal weapon be fed PP on every attack on a full attack? As it is making a weapon out of deep crystal can do more for your DPR than a +1 enhancement.
    Last edited by tekevil; 2015-09-14 at 07:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

PoW

This might be a weird question, Gutstrike (BS 1) refers to hitting the enemy in the gut in order to sicken them... right?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #337

PirateGuy

Path of war

Primal warrior stance states it increases the damage of melee weapons by two sizes. Shield are melee weapons. But if i use Iron tortoise manouvers to throw my shield, does it still count as a melee weapon for primal warrior stance?

I think it doesnt, DM says so too. Just curious what the 'RAW' is. Since the Iron tortoise manouvers state you make a bash attack but instead at range, but the bash is made as if it is melee. How does the interaction go in this case?
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

8. - Top - End - #338

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    A: No. Once you have the stance it meets its own prerequisite.
    Does it mean Aegis can have any stance if he have IL high enough? Because he always have at least three other maneuvers to reconfigure into one discipline, get the stance, then reconfigure back to something he will actually use.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pretty much as far as I can tell. But you can't get God of the Hourglass without the feats, since you're limited to installing 6th or lower with purely Initiator's Soul.

At worst, your first purchase of extra maneuvers is 1 point for 2 maneuvers (although another point would get an extra known and readied), in case you wanted stuff from another discipline as well.

10. - Top - End - #340

Q: In the case of a weapon affected by a Sniper Style Marksman's Augmented Shot that deals multiple base die of damage, does it increase by 1 die (i.e. 2d6 to 3d6) or by the base weapon damage (i.e. 2d6 to 4d6)? Are effective and actual size increases applied before or after Augmented Shot? Can it be used with any attack roll, or only standard action attacks?
    Last edited by Taveena; 2015-09-15 at 02:56 AM.
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taveena View Post
    Q: In the case of a weapon affected by a Sniper Style Marksman's Augmented Shot that deals multiple base die of damage, does it increase by 1 die (i.e. 2d6 to 3d6) or by the base weapon damage (i.e. 2d6 to 4d6)? Are effective and actual size increases applied before or after Augmented Shot? Can it be used with any attack roll, or only standard action attacks?
    1) It increases by 1 die, so a weapon that dealt 2d6 now deals 3d6*.

2) Before.

3) Standard action attacks.

*Or if used in conjunction with Vital Strike, 6d6.

12. - Top - End - #342

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    *Or if used in conjunction with Vital Strike, 5d6.
    Doesn't augmented shot include the clause:
    With feats such as Vital Strike, this increased base damage is used to determine the bonus damage on the attack.
    , indicating that the vital strike damamge would be 6d6?
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

13. - Top - End - #343

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    1) It increases by 1 die, so a weapon that dealt 2d6 now deals 3d6*.

2) Before.

3) Standard action attacks.

*Or if used in conjunction with Vital Strike, 5d6.
    So size increases (such as from 1d12 to 3d6) flat up make it worse? Weird.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

So size increases (such as from 1d12 to 3d6) flat up make it worse? Weird.
    They can lead to it scaling more slowly, yes. It's unfortunately a side effect of keeping the mechanic balanced and preventing it from getting out of hand with size increases (particularly since it's compatible with Vital Strike).

Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
    Doesn't augmented shot include the clause:
    , indicating that the vital strike damamge would be 6d6?
    That's what happens when I answer questions at 3 in the morning ;P

Corrected in post.

15. - Top - End - #345

PirateGuy

Path of war expanded

So this might be silly, but a Hussar grants the benefits of his stance to his mount. But if i give the mount a stance through feats. Does the mount get his own stance plus the benefits of my own?

I am not trying to make mounted combat do massive damage, just wanna do silly stuff with pets.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Path of war expanded

So this might be silly, but a Hussar grants the benefits of his stance to his mount. But if i give the mount a stance through feats. Does the mount get his own stance plus the benefits of my own?

I am not trying to make mounted combat do massive damage, just wanna do silly stuff with pets.
    A: Unless you have the benefits of the Dual Stance ability, you can't get the benefits of more than one stance at a time. Additionally, Mounts do not have an initiator level as they are a class feature, not a class. So they are ineligible for feats which require initiator levels as prerequisites.

17. - Top - End - #347

A: Unless you have the benefits of the Dual Stance ability, you can't get the benefits of more than one stance at a time. Additionally, Mounts do not have an initiator level as they are a class feature, not a class. So they are ineligible for feats which require initiator levels as prerequisites.
    Wouldn't the mounts have an initiator level equal to half their hit dice, like all other creatures? If a mount is in a stance, and the rider assumes the stance, can the mount choose to keep the benefits of its current stance, or is it forced to assume the stance of the rider?

18. - Top - End - #348

PirateGuy

Don't the Martial training feats give someone an initiator level? It would take teaching an animal about the history of the martial world. But that can be done.

But the no Dual stance clears it right up. it was all just a thought that occured to me.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... not exactly. Mounts (from classes like Hussar or Cavalier, for example) are treated as animal companions and do gain feats. This is a thing to consider. Now, without dual stances you cannot gain the benefits of more than one stance at time, so if you've the ability to share your stance to your mount (ala Hussar or Omen Rider for example), and your mount ALSO happens to have the Martial Training feats (because why not, let's teach horses kung fu), and your mount is in a martial stance and you're in a martial stance... well, it leads to...

Wouldn't the mounts have an initiator level equal to half their hit dice, like all other creatures? If a mount is in a stance, and the rider assumes the stance, can the mount choose to keep the benefits of its current stance, or is it forced to assume the stance of the rider?
    The mounts technically do have an IL equal to half their HD or from their martial training feats, whichever is better. If I am in a stance and Kung Fu Mr. Ed is in a different stance, and I'm a Hussar, I can choose to either have Mr. Ed be in his own stance or he can take the benefit of my stance, but not both. If you had Dual Stance, then you'd be able to have Kung Fu Mr. Ed with either his own stance, OR he could take BOTH of your stances. Savvy?

Don't the Martial training feats give someone an initiator level? It would take teaching an animal about the history of the martial world. But that can be done.

But the no Dual stance clears it right up. it was all just a thought that occured to me.
    Martial Training 1 gives you a slightly different IL math.

Quote Originally Posted by Path of War: Martial Training I
    Your martial initiator level maneuvers granted by this feat (and subsequent Martial Training feats) is equal to half your character level + your attribute modifier that modifies your chosen discipline for use with this discipline (example, Dexterity for a discipline that uses Acrobatics), not to exceed your character level.
    Hope this makes this as a clear as muddy water for you.

-X
    Last edited by ErrantX; 2015-09-15 at 03:19 PM.
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

20. - Top - End - #350

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Hope this makes this as a clear as muddy water for you.

-X
    This makes me incredibly happy, not only does my poor attempt at bending the rules not work (wich is asuring) but it also means Ultimoose is real and can be my mount.

Thanks Y'all

21. - Top - End - #351

PirateGuy

Path of war

I have martial charge, can i use the throwing shel manouver at the end of a charge?

Also, ricochet shell, if there arn't 4 targets, does it bounce between previous targets?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

Psionics Expanded: Sidestep power

Spoiler: Sidestep
    Show
    Sidestep
    Discipline: clairsentience; Level: Marksman 2, Dread 2, psychic warrior 2

MANIFESTING

Display: Visual
    Manifesting Time: 1 immediate action

EFFECT

Range: personal
    Target: Self
    Duration: instantaneous
    Power Points: 3

DESCRIPTION

When you manifest this power, when you would normally be hit with an attack from a melee weapon, you may deflect it so that you take no damage from it.

Can this power be used by a Schismed mind? Is this a purely mental action. If so it should be.

However Schism :" Your new “second mind” does not control your body physically but is free to take one standard action in each round if the action is purely mental (such as manifesting a power) in the same round you take your normal actions." makes no mention of immediate or swift actions.

Can a Schismed mind take purely mental immediate or swift actions? By RAW it is not mentioned and therefore no. But why not?

So to sum up this post:
    1. Is sidestep a purely mental action, or does it have a physical component?
    2. Can a Schismed mind take purely mental immediate swift or move(psionic meditation) actions?

edit: the Schismed mind can gain focus as a move action thru psionic meditation. So why not immediate or swifts?
    Last edited by Sorek; 2015-09-19 at 04:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidinah View Post
    PoW and PoW: Expanded

Question: the Omen Rider's mount can use the Omen Rider's boosts as long as they don't add damage die. How does this interact with boosts to gain extra attacks such as the Riven Hourglass and Thrashing Dragon boosts?
    This is being used in a game I am in, so I would really like to have it answered.

24. - Top - End - #354

PirateGuy

Path of war expanded

So if i want to make a hussar and give him primal fury slash i need to take primal fury style wich increases my charging movement. Would this feat increase the mounts movement on a charge too?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

With regards to Hawkguard, if you have access to Mithral Current and have Ready the Draw Stance active, do you threaten every square within that 15 feet specified by Ranged Defensive Focus, or does it ignore the benefits of Ready the Draw?

Spoiler: Ready the Draw
    Show
    Ready the Draw
    Discipline: Mithral Current (Stance)
    Level: 1
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Stance
    You have the ability to draw your weapon with blinding speed, channeling that motion into deadly attacks. While you maintain this stance, you are considered to be threatening all squares within reach of your weapon, even if it is sheathed, and can draw your weapon when making any type of maneuver or attack (including attacks of opportunity), even while flat-footed. In addition, you benefit of the Combat Reflexes feat, even if you do not meet the normal prerequisites. You use your initiation modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier when determining the number of additional attacks of opportunity you can make each round. Once per round, you may sheathe your weapon as a free action, even if it is not your turn.

Spoiler: Ranged Defensive Focus
    Show
    The hawkguard is a deadly opponent as he focuses on protecting his allies and himself while planning his next moves. This functions as the normal warder defensive focus, except for the following changes. When taking a full-round action to recover maneuvers the warder threatens an area within 15 ft. of himself, except for adjacent squares. The bowman threatens this space only if he's wielding a ranged weapon, and may make attacks of opportunity with ranged weapons as long as Ranged Defensive Focus is active.

This modifies and changes the warder's defensive focus class feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Other -

Where would one go to post suggestions for things they would like to see in future DSP products?

27. - Top - End - #357

Akashic Mysteries: Does the melee attack from Armbands of the Irked Elephant count as a melee weapon for the benefits of the wrist bind of Storm Gauntlets?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Akashic Mysteries: Does the melee attack from Armbands of the Irked Elephant count as a melee weapon for the benefits of the wrist bind of Storm Gauntlets?

It's not intended to, since it's a damaging effect that only occurs under very specific circumstances, more like a spell than a weapon.

That being said, it would be reasonable to allow them to stack.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

PoW (and Expanded I guess, kinda?)

Quote Originally Posted by Systems & Use
    First and foremost, to initiate a stance or maneuver, you must be able to move
    Exactly what does 'able to move' mean in this context? Able to leave your square? Not Paralysed?

Quote Originally Posted by Systems & Use
    Also, if are pinned or grappled, most of your maneuvers simply will not work until you are able to move freely.
    First, shouldn't this say 'if you are'? And second, which maneuvers exactly are subject to this restriction? Obviously some of them might require an action you can't take while grappled or pinned (ie charging), but if that's not the case are there any other restrictions?
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

30. - Top - End - #360

Path of War
    >Golden Lion
    >>Demoralizing Roar

Question:

Despite the name of the maneuver, nothing in the text of Demoralizing Roar talks about 'demoralizing' the opponent (a la the Intimidate Skill), yet the end result of success is the same - the target is shaken for a round. Is Demoralizing Roar a Mind Affecting Effect for the purposes of performing the maneuver against a creature that is immune to mind affecting effects?
    [CLEVER SIGNATURE] Insert Here [/CLEVER SIGNATURE]