New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Can maneuvers and stances be used while raging, such as from barbarian levels, a skald's inspired rage ability, or the rage spell? I might be overlooking something in Path of War that says yes or no, but my gut says no... But Primal Fury would prove itself an exception.
    Nothing about maneuvers prevents them from being used in a rage. This was implicit with the design of Primal Fury and the Primal Disciple, but there will be a sidebar in PoW:E that states it explicitly.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Hmm. Still can't use a lot of the ones associated with skills, and I am definitely house-ruling that that is not the case. Except Primal Fury

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hmm. Still can't use a lot of the ones associated with skills, and I am definitely house-ruling that that is not the case. Except Primal Fury
    Once again, nothing about rage and maneuvers is incompatible. Skill check maneuvers are useable while in a rage no matter the skill check you're making.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Path of war question: can i grant a feat that an allies doesn't qualify for thank to discipline of the pride maneuver (5th level golden lion)? Can they use it, once it's granted? For a more specific example, can i grant to somebody (that doesn't have martial training I) martial training II?
    Another question: if i grant somebody martial training I thank to discipline of the pride, can they use immediately the maneuvres granted (even if they are mid-combat) or do they have to ready them by using a full round action?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Path of War-Expanded
    Do Rapid Shot and Manyshot work with maneuvers that allow the initiator to make a ranged full attack? (Such as Cascade of Elemental Wrath or Vicious Tempest Volley)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Path of War-Expanded
    Do Rapid Shot and Manyshot work with maneuvers that allow the initiator to make a ranged full attack? (Such as Cascade of Elemental Wrath or Vicious Tempest Volley)
    A: Yes they do.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Reposting question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Path of War

How does a Harbinger's Dark Focus interacts with multiclass initiators, specifically would a Harbinger of at least 14th level be able to spend maneuvers readied from another class to initiate maneuvers from Dark Focus?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #158
    Firbolg in the Playground

Reposting question.
    Nothing prevents it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Path of War: Expanded
    When making Intimidate checks to oppose attack rolls from a creature (Such as from a variety of Black Seraph and Eternal Guardian counters), does a size difference modifier apply to the roll, should there be one (Between creature and intiator)?
    Bumping this question. Additionally, when using the Trick of the Wind boost and doing a full attack, do succesive attacks get a -5 (as when doing a normal full attack), or do all attacks get the full Sleight of Hand modifier?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bumping this question. Additionally, when using the Trick of the Wind boost and doing a full attack, do succesive attacks get a -5 (as when doing a normal full attack), or do all attacks get the full Sleight of Hand modifier?
    A: When making a skill check in place of an attack roll, all bonuses and penalties normally applied to the attack roll are applied to the skill check roll, including iterative attack penalties for making multiple attacks.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bumping a question that may have been missed earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by RedOndjage View Post
    Path of War

Can a Desperado Warlord select Gunslinger deeds from some of the gunslinger archetypes with his Daring Grit class feature? For instance, if I wanted a musket using Desperado, could I select Fast Musket from the Musket Master archetype?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Does the Rising Zenith/Ruby Zenith/Descending Sunset strike maneuvers multiply just the baseline weapon+ability score bonus damage, or do they add bonus damage? (Such as combining them with a boost/stance/charging maneuver that adds bonus damage/extra damage dice)
    EDIT: Additionally, when using Martial Charge to chain a charge maneuver into a strike maneuver that hits mutiple foes (such as Scything Strike or Silver Crane's Spiral), does the bonus to damage or secondary effects of the charge maneuver apply to all enemies, or just to the first one attacked?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-07-15 at 04:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Planetar

With Martial Charge, can you end a charge with full-round action maneuvers, not just standard action maneuvers?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RedOndjage View Post
    Path of War

Can a Desperado Warlord select Gunslinger deeds from some of the gunslinger archetypes with his Daring Grit class feature? For instance, if I wanted a musket using Desperado, could I select Fast Musket from the Musket Master archetype?
    I don't think Paizo allows you to cherry pick from archetypes outside of your own (if applicable) with gunslinger, so I would say per the rules established by Paizo - No. Personally - I'd say ask your DM and see if there is allowance on a case by case. If you wanted to be a musket waving Desperado, a kind DM will allow for some wiggle room for you (I know I'd let you!)

Does the Rising Zenith/Ruby Zenith/Descending Sunset strike maneuvers multiply just the baseline weapon+ability score bonus damage, or do they add bonus damage? (Such as combining them with a boost/stance/charging maneuver that adds bonus damage/extra damage dice)
    EDIT: Additionally, when using Martial Charge to chain a charge maneuver into a strike maneuver that hits mutiple foes (such as Scything Strike or Silver Crane's Spiral), does the bonus to damage or secondary effects of the charge maneuver apply to all enemies, or just to the first one attacked?
    Those Throne maneuvers multiply the base weapon plus ability score/enhancement bonuses and whatever other static numeric bonus (like Weapon Specialization, etc); boosts or abilities that add dice are never multiplied with this.

Martial Charge doesn't add anything specifically on its own, so I'm assuming you mean the damage from the maneuver. You perform the charge action, get your +2 to hit and -2 to AC, and then initiate the maneuver at the end of the charge as if you had been standing there in the first place, more or less (modified by the charge action's abilities), as a full round action. So if you ran up and Martial Charged a Scything Strike, you'd move your 10ft or more, get the +2 to hit and -2 to AC, and once you reached your target(s), you'd initiate the maneuver as normal with the modifiers from charging applied.

Does that help clarify it?

With Martial Charge, can you end a charge with full-round action maneuvers, not just standard action maneuvers?
    Nope, standard action only.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry for not being clear enough. I meant it for charging maneuvers that specifically add bonuses to damage. In the aformentioned case, do both targets take the +2 damage from a Charge of the Battle Panthera, or the 14d6+Fort Save to not be stunned from War Lion's Charge?
    EDIT: Does the multiplication also apply to stuff that adds a static bonus, such as Elemental Nimbus-Fire?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-07-15 at 08:21 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm sorry for not being clear enough. I meant it for charging maneuvers that specifically add bonuses to damage. In the aformentioned case, do both targets take the +2 damage from a Charge of the Battle Panthera, or the 14d6+Fort Save to not be stunned from War Lion's Charge?
    EDIT: Does the multiplication also apply to stuff that adds a static bonus, such as Elemental Nimbus-Fire?
    You can't use Martial Charge to chain strikes. Martial Charge only works if you use the regular charge action, not a maneuver that counts as a charge.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Path of War

Q1

What happens if i use a Solar Flare Manouver and a splitting bow?

Q2 Path of War 2?

This is for the ambush hunter.
    Do i need to use my Standard Action to activate a Manouver from my animal companion?
    who would told that Wemus Fletcher, the son of a Frenzied Berseker and a Warpriest, became a Sorcerer and cant use aweapon even if his life depend on it?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wermus View Post
    Path of War

Q1

What happens if i use a Solar Flare Manouver and a splitting bow?
    I assume you mean a splitting bolt? Under this assumption, the maneuver only works on the primary target - the child-bolts go and do their own thing and do so without help from the maneuver(s) used.

I didn't write ambush hunter, I'd say it uses the beastie's standard action and not yours, but I'll let him tackle it.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wermus View Post
    Q2 Path of War 2?

This is for the ambush hunter.
    Do i need to use my Standard Action to activate a Manouver from my animal companion?
    A: No, it uses your animal companion's actions and your readied maneuver slot. It does not cost the Ambush Hunter any actions to have their animal companion initiate a maneuver.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Can an initiator ready maneuvers he learned from another initiator base class? E.G. Warder 1(Zweihander Sentinel)/Warlord 10 (warder initiator level: 6). Can a level 3 Scarlet Throne maneuver be readied from the Warder's readied maneuver allotment, even if it was learned as Warlord?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Can an initiator ready maneuvers he learned from another initiator base class? E.G. Warder 1(Zweihander Sentinel)/Warlord 10 (warder initiator level: 6). Can a level 3 Scarlet Throne maneuver be readied from the Warder's readied maneuver allotment, even if it was learned as Warlord?
    No. Spaces

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Additional question, even so, can a Warder 1/Warlord 17 that took 4 Iron Tortoise maneuvers at level 1 Warder take Advanced Study and learn/ready(From the Warlord pool) Invulnerable Shell of the Iron Tortoise as he reaches level 19?
    EDIT: Additionally, do natural weapons (namely a pair of claws, for example) work with Shield of Blades?
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2015-07-17 at 06:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa View Post
    Ultimate Psionics

Are psychometabolism powers considered polymorph effects? Do they stack with each other and with spells with polymorph descriptor?
    Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Can an aberrant aegis enter and leave his armour form, or is it constantly affected by the armour?
    Also bump.

While not a rules questions, I ask myself quite frequently: why are Aegis' attributes customizations enhancement bonus and why every single astral suit form have one of these as free customizations? Why does aberrant get so few natural attacks customizations?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Once again, nothing about rage and maneuvers is incompatible. Skill check maneuvers are useable while in a rage no matter the skill check you're making.
    Can you please provide the relevant ruling that overrides this:
    Quote Originally Posted by d20pfsrd
    While in rage, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.
    Edit: Specifically in regard to things with Stealth checks or Diplomacy checks for Veiled Moon and Golden Lion respectively.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 2015-07-17 at 06:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Additional question, even so, can a Warder 1/Warlord 17 that took 4 Iron Tortoise maneuvers at level 1 Warder take Advanced Study and learn/ready(From the Warlord pool) Invulnerable Shell of the Iron Tortoise as he reaches level 19?
    EDIT: Additionally, do natural weapons (namely a pair of claws, for example) work with Shield of Blades?
    Negative. There is no cross over at all - the only that translates is each level from the other class counts as half an initiator level. You must meet prerequisites with the class that benefits from them.

Yes, to my understand it falls under this clause (I made a pun here, get it?)
    Quote Originally Posted by d20pfSRD
    "Armed" Unarmed Attacks: Sometimes a character's or creature's unarmed attack counts as an armed attack. A monk, a character with the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, a spellcaster delivering a touch attack spell, and a creature with natural physical weapons all count as being armed (see natural attacks).
    You'd count your natural attacks for this purpose as they are "armed" unarmed attacks.

While not a rules questions, I ask myself quite frequently: why are Aegis' attributes customizations enhancement bonus and why every single astral suit form have one of these as free customizations? Why does aberrant get so few natural attacks customizations?
    I wish I could answer that - that's one for the psionics development team and one is super busy and the other is on vacation. I can only imagine its due to the predominantly defensive nature of the aegis on this one.

Ultimate Psionics

Are psychometabolism powers considered polymorph effects? Do they stack with each other and with spells with polymorph descriptor?
    By the RAW, no, they are not considered polymorph effects (though personally, I think they probably should be). No they do not stack with each other, but because they're not 'polymorph' effects then in theory so long as the bonuses don't use the same types (such as enhancement for metamorphosis and size bonuses from polymorph) then you are able to stack 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Can an aberrant aegis enter and leave his armour form, or is it constantly affected by the armour?
    He can leave his armor form, he more or less 'Hulks Out' to get his aberration traits come forth.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    Can you please provide the relevant ruling that overrides this:

Edit: Specifically in regard to things with Stealth checks or Diplomacy checks for Veiled Moon and Golden Lion respectively.
    I cannot. Strictly speaking, by the RAW (or lack thereof), the use of a maneuver does not technically fall under the caveat of rage restrictions EXCEPT with skills. While not intended to be exclusive, there is currently no provision for the use of rage with skill-check maneuvers. I think this is something we'll address today, as I think a feat may be a good patch for that due to how it would require the overriding of a current system rule.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

26. - Top - End - #176

Planetar

That was what I was thinking of when I initially asked. Strangely enough it allows Survival and Sense Motive, the former definitely allowing Primal Fury, the latter being just weird.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

I presume the no-crossover rule also applies to the Martial Training Feats? (Namely-Warlord takes Martial Training I-II, at level 17 takes Adv Study and takes the max level maneuver discipline.)

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

That was what I was thinking of when I initially asked. Strangely enough it allows Survival and Sense Motive, the former definitely allowing Primal Fury, the latter being just weird.
    This is something we're discussing internally, and honestly, if you wanted to bring it up on the main thread that'd be cool for discussion's sake. Get different opinions on the subject.

I presume the no-crossover rule also applies to the Martial Training Feats? (Namely-Warlord takes Martial Training I-II, at level 17 takes Adv Study and takes the max level maneuver discipline.)
    Correct. Not unlike spells in this regard, maneuvers are kind of their own special encapsulated abilities that don't share.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

PoW

Are the Zweihander Sentinel and Fiendbound Marauder archetypes compatible with each other? There isn't conflict in what they replace, according this Paizo FAQ they should be, but I want to be sure.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

PoW

Are the Zweihander Sentinel and Fiendbound Marauder archetypes compatible with each other? There isn't conflict in what they replace, according this Paizo FAQ they should be, but I want to be sure.
    Yes, but you wouldn't get a lot of benefit from it as far as features go (at least at the same time). The Fiend's Grip is strictly one-handed as its, well, your hand, and you can't use your Fiend's Grip (the whole point of Marauder IMHO) when two-handing a weapon. But yeah, they fit. Play Nightmare from Soulcalibur!

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits: