New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

There's a new strip.

The lost orb should be renamed "The Seven Chaos Emeralds", given that it keeps getting lost.

2. - Top - End - #362

It's pretty much every artifact in D&D that way. Bonus points to the CI team if they can work in a Rod of Seven Parts reference somewhere.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Well, really, it's just living up to its name. I mean, it really can't be the Lost Orb if people keep it!

=========

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm going to take a long-shot bet here and guess that the CI canonized the Endor Holocaust.
    Ugh, I hope not. But you're probably right.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-12-24 at 04:02 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

4. - Top - End - #364

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    In addition to the new comic today, the D&D authors have created a SW:TFA bingo card!
    So it looks like there is only 1 actual BINGO on the card.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So it looks like there is only 1 actual BINGO on the card.
    It's a different card every time you load it. Some will have bingo, but others won't.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Right. Apparently each square of the card (except the center one) shows one of seventy four possible image files. The images are apparently randomly selected from the set of seventy four, but without any duplicates, so each one should be included on only about one-third of the cards. The center space always shows this image:

8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: New comic
    Show
    I'm going to put this down as evidence for the "Pete's a lawyer" theory. Or possibly start a new "Pete's an international criminal" theory.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Am I the only one who isn't really enjoying the Original Trilogy comics as much as the Prequel Trilogy comics?
    Hero of Oakvale, Reach, Installation 00, The Black Family Estate, Malta, Atlantis, Brightwall, Lumbridge, Mom's Basement, Bowerstone, Falconreach, Battleon, Korthos Village, WW3, WW2, Pacific City, The Ark, Arkham City, Varrock, The Dwarvern Mines, the Warsworn, Aleroth, Canneroc, the Companions, the Dark Brotherhood, Whiterun, Skyrim, Tamriel, Korriban, the Rebel Alliance, and gods only know what else.

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't really enjoying the Original Trilogy comics as much as the Prequel Trilogy comics?
    I feel the same way sometimes, but I think it's because they're so different. A lot of the fun of the prequel trilogy was trying to have a logical explanation for all the weird stuff that happens on screen, and why the plot is such a tangled, disorganized mess. The original trilogy was a good series of movies, and the game around them plays out like a pretty standard adventure, so we don't get as much of the weird, quirky things.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    I feel the same way sometimes, but I think it's because they're so different. A lot of the fun of the prequel trilogy was trying to have a logical explanation for all the weird stuff that happens on screen, and why the plot is such a tangled, disorganized mess. The original trilogy was a good series of movies, and the game around them plays out like a pretty standard adventure, so we don't get as much of the weird, quirky things.
    That's probably it. It's a shame, because the chaos of the original trilogy made for a really fun comic. Now, it seems a bit bland in comparison.
    Hero of Oakvale, Reach, Installation 00, The Black Family Estate, Malta, Atlantis, Brightwall, Lumbridge, Mom's Basement, Bowerstone, Falconreach, Battleon, Korthos Village, WW3, WW2, Pacific City, The Ark, Arkham City, Varrock, The Dwarvern Mines, the Warsworn, Aleroth, Canneroc, the Companions, the Dark Brotherhood, Whiterun, Skyrim, Tamriel, Korriban, the Rebel Alliance, and gods only know what else.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Really? I can't say I there's a huge difference in between qualities. Then again... I don't really hate the sequels.

My larger question about how much I enjoy the story is whether they stay close to the original plot or whether they make large changes. I tend to prefer the former, mostly.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #373

So, anyone want to start a pool on what Pete got busted for? I'll put my 20 quatloos on him being a hacktivist.

14. - Top - End - #374

I'll put money on his time in prison being no more than a few hours, as part of a research project or class trip, or something innocent like that. Back in college, that happened to me, where I got a guided tour of an active prison as part of a paper I was assigned to write. We got to inspect some cells, talk to convicted murderers, watch them work their work rehabilitation program, the whole experience. So, I like to tell people that I've been to prison, just to see their reaction.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Or, if he's a lawyer (as many people have speculated), he may have been there to meet clients.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    So, anyone want to start a pool on what Pete got busted for? I'll put my 20 quatloos on him being a hacktivist.
    I say grey (or possibly black) hat hacking. His current career is as a consultant.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I stand by my earlier assessment of Politician Pete. He probably got busted for either some questionable actions with money, or being too Pete around young female interns.

2nd guess - he was probably given a couple weeks in jail at some point for property destruction resulting from his 'special' dice.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2015-12-31 at 07:19 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I would bet booze was involved.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    No, not at all. I think it's that they spend a lot more time making jokes about the players than parodying the movies. They also kinda seem to be running dry on material so they rehash the same jokes over and over and over.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2015-12-31 at 09:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I had a roommate at college who did volunteer work at a prison. She said she had to fill out forms pretty much relieving the prison and anyone remotely connected with it of responsibility if she got harmed or killed, which she found a little disturbing.

Understand, she was the sort of person who would probably be at the top of your list to play Little Mary Sunshine, so I can just imagine how anyone would react if she told them about her time in prison.

On the change of humor: I think the prequel trilogy is a lot easier to mock. After all, Lucas was the one who first summoned bigger fish. The comic just lampshaded it.
    Last edited by Ellen; 2015-12-31 at 10:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

How about Pete is actually a police officer. This easily explains why he would know about prison, he is well enough versed in the ways of more and less organized crime and spending all day as a good person this way he can be someone entirely different.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    How about Pete is actually a police officer. This easily explains why he would know about prison, he is well enough versed in the ways of more and less organized crime and spending all day as a good person this way he can be someone entirely different.
    Assuming no between-session career changes, Pete's job requires a suit and tie. Knowing what we know about him, he's probably part of a law firm. I'd be willing to bet he's the guy that analyzes evidence and preps cases for the title lawyers (hereinafter dubbed "Dewey," "Cheatham," and "Howe."), with perhaps a bit of tech support on the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

23. - Top - End - #383

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Assuming no between-session career changes, Pete's job requires a suit and tie. Knowing what we know about him, he's probably part of a law firm. I'd be willing to bet he's the guy that analyzes evidence and preps cases for the title lawyers (hereinafter dubbed "Dewey," "Cheatham," and "Howe."), with perhaps a bit of tech support on the side.
    He could still be in law enforcement. I'm not sure about cops, but most people wear suits to court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    He could still be in law enforcement. I'm not sure about cops, but most people wear suits to court.
    Maybe DC&H specializes in prosecutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Maybe DC&H specializes in prosecutions?
    Well, they were the firm kept on retainer by the hosts of Car Talk. I figure they specialize in personal liability cases. Or maybe libel/slander. And writing really impressive sounding warranties that are useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

26. - Top - End - #386

Episode 1296: Rolling the Jury is up. The GM is a toydarian.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Since he's specifically stated he was late one day because he was with a client, he can't be a police officer, they don't have clients.

Lawyer and visiting client in prison is most definitely a possibility though.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #389

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    [H]e can't be a police officer, they don't have clients.
    Hey, nobody ever specified an honest policeman.

But seriously, if someone really wanted to push the law-enforcement angle he could be an upmarket private detective with a background in CID. Still voting lawyer, though.
    Last edited by SZbNAhL; 2016-01-04 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Typo

30. - Top - End - #390

New comic. Palpatine returns for the first time since episode V.