New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice

My situation still the same....any advice?new advice I mean with that......
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

I might have useful advice if I remembered what you had said and wasn't too darn lazy to dig back for it.

So, my general advice is if you want to change your situation, change it. It's really not that hard, just might take longer than you'd like

3. - Top - End - #723
    Pixie in the Playground

About the fun territory stuffs ^_^

I was at a dance for the single college students in my church, and the girls definitely outnumbered the guys. My future husband was there (this was like a few days before we decided to start dating), and was surrounded by girls who were kind of hovering around him, flirting around him, trying to be casually near him, hoping to dance with him and such. I waved to him and he bounds right over to me grinning, causing all the girls around him to glare at me, since I, a newbie, had the full attention of the guy they wanted. He is really good husband material (and handsome to boot!), so most of the girls that we went to church with liked him at one point or another.

But yeah, funny when people get territorial about things they have no claim to ^_^

+Master chef in training+

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    But yeah, funny when people get territorial about things they have no claim to ^_^
    Very.
    I love the fact that I can still draw my (drop dead gorgeous but unfortunately not too blessed in the brains department) ex's attention from any much prettier girl just by walking into the room, all the more funny because I view him in a purely plutonic way (and I'm sure he views me the same) and I still get evils for it from other girls who don't get that we're just friends.
    Should have seen the many girls chasing him at my mates 18th, and he spent almost the whole evening catching up with me instead since we hadn't seen each other in months (different schools, live in different towns). I got given the evils so badly that night and he honestly didn't notice.
    Last edited by Nerzi; 2007-06-07 at 04:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not so much about territories, but the last two stories reminded me of the time I was on the way home and a guy got on the train with his two year old son, sat down and spent the next few minutes just talking to the kid. You should have seen the looks of the women on that train. I swear, every single one of them went into heat simultaneously (even the lesbian couple). So guys that are having relationship problems, borrow a kid for a while and treat him cool. Problem solved.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #726
    Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    So guys that are having relationship problems, borrow a kid for a while and treat him cool. Problem solved.
    So, Mr. Son (OK, that sounds cool to me), what advice do you have to those who can be considered kids themselves?

V And what if you hate animals that aren't arachnids and snakes?
    Last edited by Khantalas; 2007-06-07 at 05:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    So, Mr. Son (OK, that sounds cool to me), what advice do you have to those who can be considered kids themselves?
    Get a puppy. I hear the uglier ones are best, so go for a Pug or a Shar Pei.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #728
    Dwarf in the Playground

Get a puppy. I hear the uglier ones are best, so go for a Pug or a Shar Pei.
    I've never understood the attraction some people have to small ugly dogs. >_< Then again, until my niece was born I was convinced that new-born babies were always hideous.

As for territories? When I used to meet one of my Uni friends for coffee in the city, the waitresses at the cafe used to glare at me, ruin my coffee or forget my order. He always found this amusing, for as straight as he may have appeared, he prefers guys.
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, I have a kind of territory one. The guy I'm seeing went to meet a friend he hadn't seen in months for coffee at this one coffee house we've been frequenting. We've gotten to know one of the girls there pretty well, and she pretty much always sees either us together or just him alone. Well, her first reaction upon seeing him with another girl was, "I'm going to tell (Syka) on you!" I couldn't stop laughing when he told me that.

As for cute factor- puppy! Preferably a small one, not ugly, but pretty much any dog will do. Fluffy ones are bonus points, or ones with big eyes. Case in point: My mom, sister and I were leaving Best Buy which is right next to a PetSmart. Well, these two (hot) guys had a little chiuaua puppy (spelling?). Not only the three of us, but also two girls several spots away from the guys went "Aww...look at the puppy!"

I kid you not. Puppy-beams are effective up to 8 parking spots away, or more. ;) Though just as effective for me are guitars and/or cars. I swear to god, the guy who had this black car with the punisher symbol on it... I'm happy with the guy I'm seeings car. Not only is it a Stang, which I love, but it is black...which is my favorite color, at least for a car.
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

10. - Top - End - #730
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Not so much about territories, but the last two stories reminded me of the time I was on the way home and a guy got on the train with his two year old son, sat down and spent the next few minutes just talking to the kid. You should have seen the looks of the women on that train. I swear, every single one of them went into heat simultaneously (even the lesbian couple). So guys that are having relationship problems, borrow a kid for a while and treat him cool. Problem solved.
    That never worked for me.

I got all kinds of "Aw, that's sweet that you're raising her on your own" but no "Yes, I'm totally free Saturday night".

Now I'm the creepy old guy who hangs around teenage girls. It's a no-win. Although, you might be on to something with that "demonstrating you're good with other people's kids" thing.

*ponders*
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by Yiel View Post
    I've never understood the attraction some people have to small ugly dogs. >_< Then again, until my niece was born I was convinced that new-born babies were always hideous.

As for territories? When I used to meet one of my Uni friends for coffee in the city, the waitresses at the cafe used to glare at me, ruin my coffee or forget my order. He always found this amusing, for as straight as he may have appeared, he prefers guys.
    Go ahead. Tell me this doesn't make you, "Aaawwwww!"

Shar Pei
    Spoiler
    Show

Pug
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Midnight Son; 2007-06-07 at 08:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Closed Account

Go ahead. Tell me this doesn't make you, "Aaawwwww!"]
    Not with a. I was thinking of replacing it with e. Then it'd be fitting.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Barbarian in the Playground

By the gods, those are some ugly dogs... (it is like being in the local nightclubs again)

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    Not with a. I was thinking of replacing it with e. Then it'd be fitting.
    Quoted for truth.

Ugly dogs aren't cute, they're just ugly.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

seconded that nerzi!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #736

Gosh, you guys have icy hearts of stone! I just showed the Shar Pei to my sister with no explaination, and she just melted over it. I don't even mind taking a hit to my manliness (which, seriously, can't take many more) and say that I just wanna cuddle that pug.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll admit to not liking the shar-pei, but I've always loved pugs. For one, I've yet to meet a yappy one. They're friendly and have attitude. ;) My favorites are definitely huskeys and all huskey-like breeds, and corgi's. I still aww over the guy I'm seeings dog (a huskey)- she's 13, blind, and I've known her for months now. But she is still cute as anything.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Dwarf in the Playground

Irish Wolfhounds ftw. Great Dane puppies are gorgeous, great for pulling with i'd imagine, as are Rotwelers and Alsations and ones like that, I like big friendly dogs.
    Other dogs work almost as well (though an Irish wolfhound, especially a puppy, is really the one for me) cause, unless they're really ugly, I will go "DOGGY!" and go up to pet the dog and get in a conversation with the owner. Meet some cool people that way.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

ALL MEN ARE DOGS!

What? I'm just being appropriate.
    sign by egobuttz

20. - Top - End - #740
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm not a fan of the whole dogs in purses thing. I have seen some cute chihuahua mixes, but straight up chihuahuas are pretty funky looking. Now, a husky or corgi pup in a backpack on a hot guy might change my mind ^_^

Also, my hubby and I moved in with my folks for a little bit until we have our baby in about two months (I really need my mom's help, my husband hurt his neck and back so he's not able to help me til he gets better) Any tips for keeping stress of living with family down and stuff? We're also stressed because he lost his job >_<

21. - Top - End - #741

@Nerzi: Most people won't actually find rottweilers cute, because they have an aggressive nature - not that it can't be overcome, and they can be sweet dogs, but their generalisation for being attack dogs isn't undeserved...

@Fallon: Keep talking. About everything. And make sure you spend time just relaxing with each other, even if you're both just reading a book in the same room...

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    @Nerzi: Most people won't actually find rottweilers cute, because they have an aggressive nature - not that it can't be overcome, and they can be sweet dogs, but their generalisation for being attack dogs isn't undeserved...
    True, and I am wary of most dogs because any dog can be vicious (especially rescue ones). I tend not to go up to any dog if it looks violent though (especially if it's big as well), you can normaly tell very easily from the way the owner acts if the dog is welcoming to strangers or not.

All the rotwelers I've met though (a fair few) have been amazingly friendly and fun.

Doberman's the one I wouldn't trust near children or people who don't know them, can be lovely and then all of a sudden just snap for no reason. My friend had one she loved to pieces that just snapped one day with no provocation, mauled her arm, bit her dad and had to be put down.

And back to relationships...

Had fun night round my bfs just snuggling up and watching tv. Was nice.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

My friends parent's had a Scotty they had to put down because he bit someone in the face. I found this out just recently, and I remember when I'd stay over on the couch it would always jump at my face to nudge me to wake me up and such. Creepy to think about. May the hole in my sandal always be to his memory. I personally like pit bulls, or at least the ones not raised to fight and not abused. When I volunteered at the humane society, one took a loving to me...I was the only one she would try to get away from immeadiately (the first time we saw her, someone was try to walk her and she was trying to get away. They handed her off to me and she wouldn't leave me alone). Having a full grown pit try to sit in a small females lap...it doesn't work.

As for relationships...All is still pretty good on that front with me. We still don't know when he is coming up, but either way I'll be seeing him in two weeks when I go home (hopefully I'll drive back up with him and he'll spend the weekend here). For once...I feel good about pretty much everything going on with me. Including my Greek class.

Cheers,
    Syka

24. - Top - End - #744

So, I'm single again. I got tired of her crap.

See, most guys can only be stood up four times in a week. I went five. *shrug*

So, I've also decided to stop looking and just wait for it to happen. It may take longer, but it'll be worth it.
    Druid-Ninjatar by the sensuous Serpentine.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh wow...You are more patient than I. I gave the guy I'm seeing one chance before talking to him. 2 before letting him know it really wasn't going to fly and I would start making plans with other people on the assumption we wouldn't be getting together. It hasn't happened since.

But yah, it's not something anyone should have to put up with. I'm sorry to hear that it happened like that.

Cheers,
    Syka

26. - Top - End - #746

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    Oh wow...You are more patient than I. I gave the guy I'm seeing one chance before talking to him. 2 before letting him know it really wasn't going to fly and I would start making plans with other people on the assumption we wouldn't be getting together. It hasn't happened since.

But yah, it's not something anyone should have to put up with. I'm sorry to hear that it happened like that.

Cheers,
    Syka
    Every time, I kept telling myself, "She's just busy, don't worry about it," or, "She already had plans anyway." But a good friend clued me in to what was really going on-she never had intentions of meeting up at all. I guess I'm good at getting suckered in. Oh well. It'll make finding someone who actually wants to be with me all the more special.
    Druid-Ninjatar by the sensuous Serpentine.

27. - Top - End - #747

Quote Originally Posted by Ranis View Post
    So, I'm single again. I got tired of her crap.

See, most guys can only be stood up four times in a week. I went five. *shrug*

So, I've also decided to stop looking and just wait for it to happen. It may take longer, but it'll be worth it.
    Condolances.

Not looking is probably a good thing for you to do, though, at least in the short term. In fact, more people should try it.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

28. - Top - End - #748
    Pixie in the Playground

Stopping looking is a good plan. I wasn't looking when I met my husband, and I'm glad. When I would be looking, I would have crazy expectations and anxiety over hoping whatever I found would work, even if it was terrible.

29. - Top - End - #749

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    ALL MEN ARE DOGS!

What? I'm just being appropriate.

This is why I don't date.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cause you're a dog?

On subject of standing people up. I'm gunna have to admit to doing that quite a lot recently due first to my coursework deadlines and now to my revision. Our last few meetings up before last night I called off the same day because I had too much on and couldn't aford to take the time away from frantic revising. Thankfully he understands how busy I am and how important it is for me to get good grades so he doesn't complain.

Also I persuaded him to take me to Legoland the day after I finish exams. I love him.

And yeah I think stopping looking is a good plan. I've never actively looked for a boyfriend myself, I just stumble blindly into my relationships and go "how'd that happen?"