New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Peril and Fame (IC)

Valamir and Irčne
    Six's Tower, Outside Magnimar
    Starday Evening

"'Sir' he says. Oh aren't you sweet?" Six guffaws. "Yes that bit of musical finery is a recent acquisition that I'm quite proud of; thank you for noticing! Oh it's fun when people are polite isn't it? Not all 'get out of our village before we set the dogs on you'. That's nice, that is."

Apart from permanent look of delirium in his eyes, the most striking thing about Six's appearance is that, apart from his skimpy robe and a small ruby amulet on a delicate black chain, all he has on is a glove -- one long black leather glove that stretches up to his elbow on his left arm. Likely made of kid skin, the supple gauntlet is impressed with eldritch designs.

"But no. No particularly germane information regarding your goblin and or demon problem. The sewers though. Oh, there's lots of ways a small army could infiltrate the sewers. Staunton Vhane, there's a name you lot should know -- the architect commissioned to design the whole city's drainage. Supposing you were smart. Smart, devious and rich. What sort of secrets might you hide in your city-wide infrastructure? Too many secrets for even old Six to know about."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-09-03 at 08:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Varsq
    Bazaar of Sails
    Sunday Morning

Varsq looked down at the coin in his hand, a fresh smile spread across his hand as he flipped the coin and caught it falling down to eyesight. "Thank you kindly sir, I won't forget about this! I'll keep my eye out for yah." Varsq winks expectantly, knowing that he now had a relatively stable source of income whenever something comes up. Cracking his knuckles, Varsq walks away from his performing circle and hops aboard a wooden barrel overseeing the hustle and bustle of Magnimar and her docks. The watery beating heart that drives her lifeblood, pushing her vermin to scatter about clamoring over each other. He marveled at the gold piece given to him, snickering slightly as he tossed it with all the others and thought of the wine merchant.

"Arrogant demeaning swine, thinks he's my friend, thinking he owns me...."

So many people in one area, scurrying about, it reminded him of home. It made him nervous, too many manipulative bastards all in one place, with their schemes and their selfish ways. Made him sick to his stomach. Looking away from the Bazaar he stared further out to the docks up north, the people there like tiny halflings and ants floating around in rafts. Seagulls and other birds would rest on there prows, squawking and flapping about before flying away in flights. Such simple creatures, it made him happy watching such a simple and carefree life, made him jealous. He watched their flights, studying them and observing their patterns, silently lamenting that he couldn't join them in their freedom. Sighing to himself, Varsq slide off the top of the barrel after being shooed off by the merchant who owned said barrel. Returning to his little corner of the bazaar, Varsq continued to perform, keeping his ear out for any information he can get whilst trying to suppress the notion that he was absolutely drowning in people.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spend 10 minutes observing the flight patterns of birds for a +10 competence bonus on my next skill check, and then use it on gathering information on any oddities and juicy secrets worth a pretty penny.
    Diplomacy:(1d20+24)[27]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Spoiler: Previously
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Valamir and Irčne
    Starday Evening

"'Sir' he says. Oh aren't you sweet?" Six guffaws. "Yes that bit of musical finery is a recent acquisition that I'm quite proud of; thank you for noticing! Oh it's fun when people are polite isn't it? Not all 'get out of our village before we set the dogs on you'. That's nice, that is."

Apart from permanent look of delirium in his eyes, the most striking thing about Six's appearance is that, apart from his skimpy robe and a small ruby amulet on a delicate black chain, all he has on is a glove -- one long black leather glove that stretches up to his elbow on his left arm. Likely made of kid skin, the supple gauntlet is impressed with eldritch designs.

"But no. No particularly germane information regarding your goblin and or demon problem. The sewers though. Oh, there's lots of ways a small army could infiltrate the sewers. Staunton Vhane, there's a name you lot should know -- the architect commissioned to design the whole city's drainage. Supposing you were smart. Smart, devious and rich. What sort of secrets might you hide in your city-wide infrastructure? Too many secrets for even old Six to know about."

"I wonder if the architect's plans regarding the sewers still exist," Valamir mused. "It might be worth looking into for some sort of advantage. Tell me more of this Staunton Vhane, if you would?"
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "...Ooh, you're good.", Alessandra says after a long moment, mild surprise evident. Either a lucky guess or an impressive cold read. Or perhaps a sign of no mere fortune teller, but a true diviner. Hard to say; Alessandra's senses, no matter how sharp, had never quite gotten to the level needed to spot real magic like an arcanist could. Lips curling into an ever-so-slight smile, she placed another silver on the table as a tip. "I'm impressed. Really. Where did you learn to read like that, if I might ask?", she said, carefully maintaining her place in the gap between skepticism and wonder.

Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

"A place far away from here, from the voices the world gave to me." Aethra replied, leaving the spread between them for the moment as she set her deck down beside it. Then she chuckled. "I've had this gift since I was a child; cards speak to me." She laid a gentle hand on the deck beside her. "And this deck has always been special. It would not have been gifted to me when I parted from my clan if I had not proven worthy of it's use."

In a manner perhaps very strange for a fortune teller, she left the silver still on the table, not reaching out to take it even when many would. Perhaps her reading was not over, or perhaps she did not care for the sum of two silver. Hard to tell. She held out her hand over the table - and reading.

"My name is Aethra. What name of yours would you grant me?"
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2015-09-04 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi

For all his life, Zuberi had trained his body to be a weapon, ignorant of the fact that he was little more than a tool for inscrutable masters. He had clung vaguely to a hope that he could find peace far away from Thuvia, but it seemed his skills were only useful for violence.

It had been an unsavory business, down in the sewers, and their work was not yet done. The presence of a black dragon was disconcerting enough, but the fact that the goblins were changed, tainted somehow, was perhaps even more unsettling. He had emerged relatively unscathed all things considered, and the knowledge that defeating these creatures would improve the safety of the city was enough of a justification not to haunt him further, but nevertheless, Zuberi walked the streets of Magnimar in a private cloud of concern.

His companions had mentioned the necessity of cold iron weapons, the process anathema to discordant creatures. Considering his weapon of choice, he sought a close-quarters solution, ideally a simple knuckle duster.

Show

A set of cold iron brass knuckles costs a whopping 2 gp; otherwise, he's looking for a cold iron weapon in the monk or close fighter weapon categories.

Afterward, he will return to the inn to rest, meditate, and ready himself for further punching.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Previously...
    Show
    Valamir and Irčne
    Starday Evening

"'Sir' he says. Oh aren't you sweet? Yes, that bit of musical finery is a recent acquisition that I'm quite proud of; thank you for noticing! Oh it's fun when people are polite isn't it? Not all 'get out of our village before we set the dogs on you'. That's nice, that is."

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    "I wonder if the architect's plans regarding the sewers still exist," Valamir mused. "It might be worth looking into for some sort of advantage. Tell me more of this Staunton Vhane, if you would?"

Irčne let Valamir control the conversation, sipping her tea intensely as she listened to hear more of Staunton Vhane.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Valamir and Irčne
    Starday Evening

"Umm..." Six bites his lower lip and rolls his eyes around as if wrestling with the idea. "No. And you know why? Because you didn't bring biscuits. You know, just the little buttery ones. Maybe almond if you're feeling nutty. Nothing fancy, just a little bit to dunk in your tea, yeah?"

He repeatedly makes the motion of dipping a cookie into an imaginary teacup.

"So, bring biscuits next time. I mean, I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but if you stop in on a powerful warlock unannounced, maybe just bring a little nosh? Can't just go around giving away all of Magnimar's deep dark dirty little secrets without so much as a tin of biscuits."

His head rocks back and forth, again as if grappling with his demons. "Biscuits or money. You understand that, right? I mean, I'm a gentleman but I have a price. Hello? Fancy zither?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"Very well," Valamir replied with a smirk. "I shall return sometime with the best biscuits I can find when I am less pressed for time." He stood and bowed, "I believe my friend and I must take our leave. I thank you for your hospitality."

9. - Top - End - #309

"Indeed." Setting down her teacup, Irčne bowed politely before exiting the premises with Valamir. "Thank you for your hospitality, and we'll make sure to bring biscuits next time."

Show
    Ready to move ahead to Sunday.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Valamir, Irčne, Alessandra, Aethra, Zuberi
    Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

Ol' Mam interrupts Zuberi's meditation, offering up a tray laden with a steaming bowl and a mug of water. "I understand you don't eat much," she fusses, "But I hope you'll try this. Big lad like you needs something hearty for breakfast! We call them grits." The bowl appeared to be filled to the brim with boiled, roughly ground cornmeal and nothing else but a pinch of salt. She puts on a motherly smile. "I hope you like them. Maybe try them with a bit of cheese next time?"

Drifting towards the table where Alessandra and Aethra sat over their cards, the old woman chirps, "Breakfast? Grits, bacon and grilled tomatoes? Bit of weak beer? Now, if you like, I could fry up..."

Mam's list of ways she could fry potatoes would curtailed by the sudden bang of the door being flung open. Three men dressed head to toe in gruesome, spiked black armor begin to file in with longswords drawn. The lead knight's voice echos inside his helmet, giving him an unnecessarily sinister tone. "Where is Irčne Levesque?" is all he asks of everyone in the room.

Spoiler: Irčne and Valamir
    Show
    Irčne and Valamir are upstairs in the hallway at the moment, dressed and ready for the day. They both hear the door slam open and the man ask for Irčne.

Spoiler: Aethra, Alessandra, Valamir
    Show
    You recognize these men by their signature armor -- Chelish Hellknights, the iron-fisted enforcers of law in Cheliax and her colonies. While Valamir isn't downstairs yet, he will realize this once he sees them.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Curious, Valamir pokes his head into the stairway and looks down below. Noting the men's trappings, he darts back into cover. "Irčne; what did you do to have Hell Knights after you? Because I don't think they're here on vacation."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: And they walked and talked the night away
    Show
    Shimura shook his head in agreement, "Yes. This is the frontier in many ways. Everyone needs a good weapon." He looked around and took a deep breath of the nighttime air. "I've been working on a commission all day, so I'm out for a walk to relax. I was headed over to the plot I'm buying. Would you like to come along? Then when I open you can be my first customer." He winked.[/QUOTE]

Amaya agreed to come to Shimura's plot, though laughingly declined being his first paying customer - "I haven't got the gold for it, though, perhaps, another currency would suffice?" - and walked with the other Minkaian through the streets of Magnimar. It really was a fascinating city.

Eventually, they arrived at Shimura's plot and talked for a while, Amaya making all of the appropriately appreciative noises at the smith's plans. It was only as the shadows began to lengthen that they realized the show was for tomorrow, not the evening ahead...and after a bout of laughter it became clear that Amaya had nowhere to go. Shimura was ever so gentlemanly in allowing her to accompany him...

Spoiler: Seeekrit: Zabbarot
    Show
    You now know that Amaya has this tattoo on her back.

13. - Top - End - #313

Show
    Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

Ol' Mam interrupts Zuberi's meditation, offering up a tray laden with a steaming bowl and a mug of water. "I understand you don't eat much," she fusses, "But I hope you'll try this. Big lad like you needs something hearty for breakfast! We call them grits." The bowl appeared to be filled to the brim with boiled, roughly ground cornmeal and nothing else but a pinch of salt. She puts on a motherly smile. "I hope you like them. Maybe try them with a bit of cheese next time?"

Drifting towards the table where Alessandra and Aethra sat over their cards, the old woman chirps, "Breakfast? Grits, bacon and grilled tomatoes? Bit of weak beer? Now, if you like, I could fry up..."

Mam's list of ways she could fry potatoes would curtailed by the sudden bang of the door being flung open. Three men dressed head to toe in gruesome, spiked black armor begin to file in with longswords drawn. The lead knight's voice echos inside his helmet, giving him an unnecessarily sinister tone. "Where is Irčne Levesque?" is all he asks of everyone in the room.

Spoiler: Irčne and Valamir
    Show
    Irčne and Valamir are upstairs in the hallway at the moment, dressed and ready for the day. They both hear the door slam open and the man ask for Irčne.

Spoiler: Aethra, Alessandra, Valamir
    Show
    You recognize these men by their signature armor -- Chelish Hellknights, the iron-fisted enforcers of law in Cheliax and her colonies. While Valamir isn't downstairs yet, he will realize this once he sees them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Valamir

Curious, Valamir pokes his head into the stairway and looks down below. Noting the men's trappings, he darts back into cover. "Irčne; what did you do to have Hell Knights after you? Because I don't think they're here on vacation."

Making her way downstairs with Valamir, the thought of breakfast on her mind, Irčne Levesque jumped back startled as she heard the door slam. Then her heart leaped into her throat as she heard a deep voice ask for her.

Then, to top it all off, a mixture of utter bewilderment and panic set in as Valamir revealed the identity of the perpetrators.

"I don't bloody know! I've never set foot in Cheliax in my life! Galt yes, Five Kings Mountains yes, Andoran yes, and once through Druma for a couple of days but never Cheliax! This is... Why on Golarion are they looking for me!?"

Her eyes ablaze, Irčne grabbed Valamir by the collar in a panic. "You've got to help me get out of here! I've heard the stories about what those sadistic bastards do to people!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Knowledge checks as needed to see what she knows about the Hell Knights, and try to recall if there's ever been a point in her life where she's run into anyone remotely affiliated with them.

Unless Valamir suggests an alternate idea, Irene's will make a run for her window and take a jump.

Spoiler: OOC - DM Only
    Show
    Because of her heightened state of emotion, Irene's red and green heterochromia would now be plainly visible to Valamir.

Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-09-04 at 09:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Valamir
    Show
    Valamir notices, despite his surge of adrenaline, that Irčne's right eye has turned a peculiar shade of blood red. While he suspects this is a clear indication of some eldritch or inhuman influence, he cannot determine the exact cause of this heterochromia.

Retreating a few steps to glance out the hallway window to the side street, the pair spots two more Hellknights below, already a step ahead. They weren't dealing with amateurs. The two knights have their longswords sheathed and have already nocked arrows to their darkwood longbows. They scan the second floor and the roof, but can't see past the glare on the east facing window.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-09-04 at 10:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi

Zuberi thanks the old woman softly. The meagre fare is not unlike his typical rice, and he finds himself enjoying the grits immensely.

As he finishes the bowl, the heavily armored men enter. The clear fear in Iréne was evident, but Zuberi knew nothing of these men. Clearly no common criminals, the situation was clearly growing intense. He remained sitting, silent, keeping his eyes on the newcomers while keeping his companions in the corner of his peripheral vision.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

Valamir blinked. That was interesting. "Why are your eyes...actually, never mind. Later. Here," he said, digging in his pack and thrusting a small vial into Irčne's hands. "Elixir of Hiding. I'll bill you for it later. Also this." He handed her what seemed to be an adamantine piton. "Go out the east-facing window and shove this nail through the sash and into the sill. Should buy you some time if they go that way. They aren't looking for me, so I'll see if I can stall them. Meet me in Sandpoint. Ask around for the inn run by Ameiko Kaijitsu, and I'll meet you there once I shake these goons. I'm interested in buying Ameiko's place (once I can afford it). Tell her you have a friend interested in buying the tavern, but that he was held up (which is true enough, if you don't want to lie to her)."

After urging Irčne to get moving, Valamir headed back to Irčne's room. Pulling out a vial of something, he delicately balanced it atop her door, and closed it ever so slowly after himself. "That ought to distract them enough," he muttered to himself. Waiting until Irčne is gone, Valamir nonchalantly walked down the stairs, waving to Zuberi. "Good morning!"
    Last edited by Othniel; 2015-09-04 at 10:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317

My eyes? Why is he- oh no, not now!

To Irčne's great relief, Valamir's biggest priority appeared to be helping her escape, rather than pushing for answers as to her stress-induced heterochromia. "I swear by Desna if I get out of this I'm lighting incense in your name every year for the rest of my life."

Immediately,
    Irčne grabbed the potion and swigged it down in one gulp, her white-gloved hands wrapped tightly around the vial. As the potion began to take effect, she made her way toward the east window, peeking out briefly once she was closer to it before following Valamir's instructions.

Show
    Irene will stealth on over and peek out of the east window before trying her best to follow Valamir's instructions.

Stealth: (1d20+12)[26]

Spoiler: DM Only
    Show
    Since her gloves would pretty much be right in his face, Valamir would probably get a chance to spot her claws as well. I'd say probably DC 20 to spot them through the gloves.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Zuberi nods in acknowledgement at Valamir's greeting, his face otherwise a stoic mask. Silently, he traced the energy of his chakras, making sure his ki was in balance.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Vai
    Bazaar of Sails
    Sunday Morning

The Amirzade's brow knits and the crows feet around her eyes deepen. In spite of herself, she gives an audible gasp as the takes the golden hawk pendant and turns it over. Her finger passes over the Kelesh inscription and her eyes close.

Her reverie passes quickly, replaced with barely concealed contempt. "Tell me where you found my father's pendant!" she hisses, just a little louder than she meant to.

Her eyes shut tight again and she silently composes herself. "I'm sorry. I expected some fool come and try to exploit me with lies about my late father. I wish you were a liar."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai
    Bazaar of Sails
    Sunday Morning

The venom in Amirzade's response surprised Vai, but she maintained her composure.

"While exploring one of the Irespan Pilings, mistress. He seemed to have collapsed inside - I'm sorry I cannot tell you more."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

"Fetchling," was the cold, contemptuous reply to Valamir's greeting.

Spinning his sword around to an under-handed grip, he slams the tip down on the far end of the table from Alessandra and Aethra. While he raised his voice just enough to be heard by the whole inn, there was no emotion in his speech. "Irene arrived aboard the Minkaian Minx two days ago. Some of you shared passage with her. We have been informed that she has roomed here the past two nights. Given the magnitude of her alleged crime, it is in your enlightened interest to assist us with our investigation. The city guard has given us jurisdiction in this matter -- and the Order spares no kindness for those who harbor fugitives of justice."

Meanwhile...

By some small miracle, Irčne scurried out the window and onto the narrow patch of roof beneath without being seen. One knight holds an armored hand up to the eyeslits in his helmet, momentarily blinded by the morning sun glinting off the glass.

Spoiler: Old Fang (Upstairs) Map
    Show
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10cmHD599vjeRlKFVBG0f0LkgtCGo_rO4TkX4GXdhFFQ/edit#gid=499457357
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-09-05 at 01:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Valamir

"My dear sirs!" Cried the Fetchling, "How reliable your information is! Irčne was indeed aboard the Minkaian Minx. I wish I knew her whereabouts as well, for she owes me money." As he came down the stairs, Valamir stared into the helmet of the apparent leader of the knights. "Tell me, good knight, what crime has Irčne committed to bring your respectable persons such a long way from Cheliax?"

Show
    Diplomacy, don't fail me now: (1d20+14)[34]

23. - Top - End - #323

Seeing no way past the two knights on the ground, Irčne quickly crept around to the south rim of the roof.

Show
    Please don't fail me. I'm too pretty to go to jail.

Moving to P16 (half-speed) so as to maintain full stealth bonus.

Stealth: (1d20+12)[26]

Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-09-05 at 02:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

The great three horned helm slides to the right a touch, just enough to observe Valamir properly through the narrow slits. It was hard to tell if being polite changed the knight's demeanor at all, but he felt it was his duty to inform the inn that, "Irene Levesque has been implicated in the gruesome murder of Anders Boone, an able sailor on leave from the Minx. His rib cage was torn open, his heart removed and his head pried from his body. No signs of a struggle and nothing was stolen from his room. If Irene is innocent of this crime, she has nothing to fear. If she is a murderer... interfering with our investigation would be especially unwise."

He pries his sword free from the table and uses it to gesture to the stairs. "Search the bedrooms," he commands. Immediately, the two other knights move to push past Valamir and go up the stairs.

Meanwhile...

Keeping low Irčne skirts the roof and rounds the corner. Beneath, a third Hellknight passes on his way to the east end of the alley. A fourth stands at the far west end of the alley, more diligently scanning the inn's southern windows. Thankfully, Irčne is low enough as to remain obscured by the roof.

Vai
    Bazaar of Sails
    Sunday Morning

"And you brought me his pendant as a kindness?" Sabbriya's words weren't a question. The implication was clear that there would be no profit in exploitation -- only the Amirzade's wrath. "This is a trinket. Bring me his bones as well so he may be put to rest. You may have your reward then," she adds with a mirthless smile, "In good faith, on my word as Sabbriya bint Nazir, who loves her father still."

"Noble Amirzade..." the tall wizard politely gestures towards the lumpy sack in Vai's hands.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-09-05 at 05:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Vai
    Bazaar of Sails
    Sunday Morning

Vai looked almost insulted as she lowered the sack in her hands to the ground.

"I am not so foolish as to come with naught but the pendant, mistress."

Slowly, she began removing the bones of the Amirzade's father from the sack, still clothed in their decayed finery and girded in his arms and armor, money pouch still tied to his belt. She arranged them as best she could on the sumptuous carpet before stepping back and turning her eyes back to Sabbriya.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

26. - Top - End - #326

Show
    Keeping low Irčne skirts the roof and rounds the corner. Beneath, a third Hellknight passes on his way to the east end of the alley. A fourth stands at the far west end of the alley, more diligently scanning the inn's southern windows. Thankfully, Irčne is low enough as to remain obscured by the roof.

Irčne's heart continued to thud as she spotted yet more Hell Knights surrounding the inn. Immediately, she knew that simply dropping down and making a run for it was no longer an option.

Peeking around the corner at the roof of the next building, she came to a realization.

This is almost certain to get their attention... but I have no choice.

Trying to land as softly as she could, Irene leapt to the next rooftop.

Show
    Moving to N20 in our neverending quest to escape the Devil-worshippers out to take Irene's head.

Stealth: (1d20+12)[27]
    Acrobatics: (1d20+1)[13]
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2015-09-05 at 06:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

She couldn't help it. As agents of the greatest of Varisia's enemies paraded into the room, adrenaline poured into Aethra's blood, supercharging her body and doing all it could to cloud her mind in very particular ways. But...she wasn't Vai. She wasn't a warrior, at least not first. And so she wrestled with her body and mind, fighting the changes the first was attempting to force on the latter. From as close as she was, Alessandra would certainly be able to see the shiver in her fingers as she carefully returned her cards to their case, and then back into the bag from which they'd come. And she strove for stillness, one without comment or emotion.

And yet beneath it all, the fire and the fear, she was sad. Such a waste, to have such a good first impression be spoiled.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2015-09-05 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Old Fang, Dockway
    Sunday Morning

"Well met then, Aethra. I am Alessandra di Orsinesca, and a newcomer to Magnimar.", she said, completing the handshake. Even as she did so, Alessandra couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the fortune-teller's seeming lack of care for the coin. Perhaps she was here for something else? Or perhaps this was just the fortune-teller's way of trying to meet people. Now that she thought about it, the bit about not being normal custom did sound a bit like a pick-up line out of context...

Perhaps fortunately, that train of thought was disturbed as Ol' Mam approached. Alessandra almost responded, but then Hellknights knocked the door down. Awkward. Alessandra remained silent through the brief scuffle of activity and the tense chatting in both directions, though her expression turned to a frown when the Hellknight jammed his blade into the table. That name, "Anders Boone" sounded familiar somehow, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it...

As the two flanking Knights hurried up the stairs to check the rooms, Alessandra turned to Valamir.

"Don't be a fool, these are Knights of the Order of the Nail, headquartered here in Varisia. No doubt asked to investigate by the guard because anyone capable of such a murder is well above their paygrade. I'm glad they've finally decided to just check the rooms rather than wasting time interrogating tavern patrons, however. She's either here or she isn't."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2015-09-05 at 06:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Irčne misses the jump by a few feet and clips her elbow the edge of the roof, in a mad scramble she digs her fingernails into the tile and...

Spoiler: Reflex Save
    Show
    (1d20+5)[19]

... pries up the slate tiles as she flops backwards into the alley and lands hard on her back with an audible thud. At opposite ends of the path, the Hellknights begin to turn to the noise. It was then that Irčne remembered that the way into the sewer (that Asher had shown them) was only feet away from her.

Show
    Irene takes 4 damage from the fall. You have a surprise round to act before the Hellknights. They have rolled a 21 and a 7 for initative. You may roll Irene's init if you like.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2015-09-05 at 06:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

Nononononononono-

Almost as if in slow motion, Irčne felt the roof tile slip out from beneath her fingers - and then the next thing she knew, she was on her back, the air seemingly knocked from her lungs.

Turning her head to the side, she saw the entrance to the sewer - and in a mad scramble, lunged for the manhole, scrambling down as quickly as she could.

Show
    I'm not sure if the sewer's open vs closed, or how far I could move in there, so basically, I just want to get in there and move as far away as possible.

(1d20+1)[6]