New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox In XII: Dance If You Want To

[Divine Bathtub]

"How can you tell it's not Erda?"

That could be anywhere with humans! Cleo nearly jumps with excitement.

"But it didn't break. Someone took it away. To the plane of earth? Or metal?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

[Divination Bath Salts]

Frederick looks over at Cleo

I've been to our version of Ise: it doesn't look anything like that.

Then he nods

Yeah. I'd guess Earth, given the earthquake and all - a rift to the plane wouldn't be that surprising for a really bad quake.

The scene fades and Frederick considers next steps.

Not the most convenient plane, and one where my contacts are just a bit thin.

3. - Top - End - #303

[Divination Bath Salt Zombies]

Cleo shrugs, bashful.

"Oh. That would do it."

She gives a quick shake of the head.

"And where mine are zero. Perhaps we'd best follow the wishing-gem after all."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist brings the two at the bar a pair of martinis, stirred. Not much else with something so vague requested.
    Judy nods her head in appreciation. "Thank you sir." Judy says, placing the appropriate payment down, with a little extra.

She turns to Heck, a smile dancing on her lips. "Well, I suppose it allows their clients to have a restful sleep, knowing they won't be killed or kidnapped while they sleep." she takes a sip.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Heck grabs his drink and downs the whole thing.

"Probably that, but it can make them too comfortable. Not paranoid enough. That is bad."

He turns to face Judy. "Place to drink, place to eat and sleep, place to fight. I think that about covers it, I'll sign the contract."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Judy pulls out the contract again, then hands it to Heck. "And the last three gold you owe me?" Judy asks, handing over a pen as well.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, whatever." Heck hands over the gold and signs the contract.

"I'm not one to turn down a perfectly good fight, but I need to meditate." He says, handing it over to Judy. "I'll do so close to the fight forest and duel with some monsters, then I'll come find you." He winks and smiles at the end.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

[Divination Bath Salt Zombies]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

Cleo shrugs, bashful.

"Oh. That would do it."

She gives a quick shake of the head.

"And where mine are zero. Perhaps we'd best follow the wishing-gem after all."
    Frederick nods and rewinds back, then sets the scene following the priest from Kyoto. He places the gem in a box and takes it home... and there it stays for a long while, until a length a number of people come in and it is replaced by a copy. These unknown agents carried it away into the mountains... to the Fushimi Inari temple, where it is taken to an old area that long ago housed the temple's population of tame foxes. There it is hung around the neck of an extremely weathered old statue.

That night, likely a new moon or close to it given the darkness, it vanishes and the scene ends: the item once more gone beyond the physical plane.

Somebody gave it back... that's gonna be awkward.

9. - Top - End - #309

[Divination]

"The recipient will want to keep it, but it wasn't theirs to give."

Cleo shakes her head at history. She looks as closely as the spell allows at the statue. Just what is that? Why that shrine, that statue, that time?

"You know where it went?" she asks with a hopeful lilt in her voice.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

[Divination]

Frederick nods his agreement

I agree: somebody was currying favor with an item they had no real claim to.

And that's an old statue, there: maybe even predates the main shrine. Wouldn't shock me if it is part of why that location ended up picked for the Inari shrine. If it's an old fox-kami cult image, then it would implicate the Queen after all.

11. - Top - End - #311

[Divination]

Cleo sighs melodramatically.

"So we're going to see her after all."

She leans back, taking her hands from the side of the bathtub.

"Fox-kami, you said. Tell me what that means to you. Our queen of foxes was one of us, a renegade, from before the Wheel-times. There were probably things called fox-kami, little fairies."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

[Divination]

Frederick shrugs

That, or the Plane of Earth.

Kami are technically the same overall... race? as Inari, but the ones we're discussing are much less powerful. There are countless numbers of them, and there are some associated with just about everything you can think of. Many of them are really pretty primitive and more than a bit on the dumb side, but others are a lot stronger.
    The more advanced ones like Tengu, Dragons, Kitsune, and Nogitsune are getting on the high end of the scale, only barely getting in under the limits for the non-interference treaty.

The Queen of the Kitsune is rumored to be the one and only ten-tailed fox, and the oldest fox spirit in existence. She may very well be as old as Inari herself, and I have to wonder if she isn't the "friend" that Inari keeps mentioning as having worked with to create foxes in the first place.

13. - Top - End - #313

[Divination Bathroom]

"Both fine, though actually, I'd prefer the kitsune world a bit. Earth is...not my sphere, not in the least."

Cleo shrugs.

"Everything I know about Inari is second or third-hand. But small gods. Or in this case, not so small. Wait. How is she a fox-god if there weren't foxes until well after her? That's just a thing she did later? I mean, not as though it isn't important. And importantly, not the same one I know. Just in a similar mythological space."

That last bit isn't a question; she's sure.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bathroom]

Frederick chuckles

Oh, foxes came much later; Inari was a botanist, specializing in grasses. From what Myobi taught us, she hadn't actually intended Rice to be important to people, it just worked out that way.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    "Yeah, whatever." Heck hands over the gold and signs the contract.

"I'm not one to turn down a perfectly good fight, but I need to meditate." He says, handing it over to Judy. "I'll do so close to the fight forest and duel with some monsters, then I'll come find you." He winks and smiles at the end.
    "The pen, please." Judy says smiling. "And I look forward to it." she says after she gets the pen back. "Have a good day." She doesn't leave until after she finishes her drink.

16. - Top - End - #316

[Bathroom]

Cleo rolls her eyes.

"It's dumb coming from a late-generation world, you know?"

Then her eyes widen.

"Wait, are you saying they're like me? Hold on."

She slithers into a dragon shape and looks around at nothing in particular.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bathroom]

Frederick isn't quite sure how it's dumb, exactly... he watches Cleo look around, not really understanding what's going on.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

Heck downs his drink and walks out after her, then they go their separate ways.

((I'll post at Trog's for Zhyv and Princess Lexington/Vidalia. ))

[Closed Scene]

Poof, here's Jinkei, all 4-tailed and all, come back to the Nexus.

The priestess-in-training turned scientist looks around, the smile fading from her face. "I know this place, I remember meeting Allie here. Huh, didn't remember that last time."

She sniffs the air and senses Blanche around the corner. Ah, yes, Blanche, the cat lady with failing illusory powers. Jinkei has half a mind to make herself appear as she was last time they met, but thinks better of it.

19. - Top - End - #319

[Bathroom]

"There's simply too much history, Frederick!"
    No, he didn't voice the question.

Flowers should start to sprout around the edge of the bathtub.

"It would work much better, wouldn't it?"

She reaches a paw down and picks up the sword again, looking slyly at the Vulpan.

"You don't want to be an emperor, neh? Has there ever been an instance of passing it along other than by blood or revolution? The sovereign naming a successor because their family is useless or non-existant?"
    "Oooh, they can do things with time, can't they? The stronger spirits? And Shadowyness and all those other dimensions, I heard something about that."

That's not what that dimension is called, Cleo.
    "Why can't the sword do what it was meant to do? I would make it mine, instead of Reflection, but I don't understand it."

If this seems like she's thinking aloud and totally ignoring Frederick, well...poor guy.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-08-09 at 10:06 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heck downs his drink and walks out after her, then they go their separate ways.

((I'll post at Trog's for Zhyv and Princess Lexington/Vidalia. ))

[Closed Scene]

Poof, here's Jinkei, all 4-tailed and all, come back to the Nexus.

The priestess-in-training turned scientist looks around, the smile fading from her face. "I know this place, I remember meeting Allie here. Huh, didn't remember that last time."

She sniffs the air and senses Blanche around the corner. Ah, yes, Blanche, the cat lady with failing illusory powers. Jinkei has half a mind to make herself appear as she was last time they met, but thinks better of it.
    To Blanche's credit, she's not a wizard and merely taught herself a few illusions as a sort of backup. Currently, the violet-irised and albine-haired huntress is taking a seat at the bar, her lithe form adorned in a white Officer's coat worn over the sleeveless indigo shirt upon her chest and the fingerless gloves she wears upon her dexterous digits. A violet belt encircles the ebon skirt Blanche wears, snow-colored boots upon her feet.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei wears a dark blue gown made of a light but rather sturdy material, though it might not be apparent from first glance. Another thing changed by her 'light'. She takes a step, her multicolored tails following her, and another, repeating the process until she's right next to Blanche.

"Hello, Blanche. I'm back!" She smiles and spreads her arms, displaying her front to the other woman. Her blue eye closes and reopens in a wink. "Oh, how I missed the Nexus! And it's people! And father, and mother, and Katrina, and Allie, and Keiko!" She laughs happily and spins once like a ballerina.

The laughs cease and she wipes a tear from her yellow eye. "It's really something, dear. And my first planehop, too! So... how are ya?"

22. - Top - End - #322

Jinkei wears a dark blue gown made of a light but rather sturdy material, though it might not be apparent from first glance. Another thing changed by her 'light'. She takes a step, her multicolored tails following her, and another, repeating the process until she's right next to Blanche.

"Hello, Blanche. I'm back!" She smiles and spreads her arms, displaying her front to the other woman. Her blue eye closes and reopens in a wink. "Oh, how I missed the Nexus! And it's people! And father, and mother, and Katrina, and Allie, and Keiko!" She laughs happily and spins once like a ballerina.

The laughs cease and she wipes a tear from her yellow eye. "It's really something, dear. And my first planehop, too! So... how are ya?"
    Blanche grins at the sight of her old acquaintance, cheeks gaining erubescence as she spots the wink.
    It's been a while, hasn't it? Ive learned more, honed my skills and made a few friends while you were gone. Oh, also, I met a gal who is clearly into me, im not sure if it's mutual though.
    Blanche responds with a grin, hands subconsciously sliding into her pockets.

Jinkei's magical aptitude will detect that Blanche is indeed still utilizing those illusions, as well as another upon her chest, all stronger but just still weak enough for her to see through. Blanche's hair is dyed white, though her eye is still a vivid pink. Her sight also reveals that Blanche is really not wearing a shirt (though she is wearing a black bra), having had to resort to the illusion due to a washing machine malfunction and the heat.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

"Really? Well, tell me more, then." Jinkei takes a seat and looks straight into Blanche's eyes, then at her body.

Her gaze becomes analytical.

. "That's a nice shirt, though the construction utilizing the bending of light could use some work." She gestures at the other woman's front side. "Make the illusion less obvious, for one."

She clears her throat and smiles. "Sorry, I became a scientist and went through weird changes, as well as finding out new ways to abuse the old laws of physics where light is concerned. I could help you with your illusions."

24. - Top - End - #324

"Really? Well, tell me more, then." Jinkei takes a seat and looks straight into Blanche's eyes, then at her body.

Her gaze becomes analytical.

. "That's a nice shirt, though the construction utilizing the bending of light could use some work." She gestures at the other woman's front side. "Make the illusion less obvious, for one."

She clears her throat and smiles. "Sorry, I became a scientist and went through weird changes, as well as finding out new ways to abuse the old laws of physics where light is concerned. I could help you with your illusions."
    About to begin sharing, Blanche blushes slightly as her illusion is discovered.
    To be honest, it's my first time trying a bigger illusion like this. I would've worn the real deal, but my washing machine broke so I didn't have any clean shirts today.
    Blanche explains with a shrug
    Sure, why not? couldn't hurt, after all.
    She responds, unfazed by the oddity of Jinkei's story. She knows of odder ones, and after all, it is the nexus
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei slowly cups Blanche's face, the touch of her skin warmer than normal. "You're cute when you blush, oh white one." White = Blanche. She then smirks slightly.

She begins working her hands all over Blanche's chest, never actually touching the skin as she hums a tune to herself. She's somehow poking and prodding (or maybe trying to, at least) her illusions directly, trying to make them sturdier and more real.

It is finally over, and should Jinkei succeed, will have created a shirt made out of illusion magic that is for all intents and purposes, real.

Then she leans back and admires her handiwork.

26. - Top - End - #326

Jinkei slowly cups Blanche's face, the touch of her skin warmer than normal. "You're cute when you blush, oh white one." White = Blanche. She then smirks slightly.

She begins working her hands all over Blanche's chest, never actually touching the skin as she hums a tune to herself. She's somehow poking and prodding (or maybe trying to, at least) her illusions directly, trying to make them sturdier and more real.

It is finally over, and should Jinkei succeed, will have created a shirt made out of illusion magic that is for all intents and purposes, real.

Then she leans back and admires her handiwork.
    The scarlet hue of the catgirl's cheeks only increases in vividness as Jinkei touches her cheeks and speaks. She watches her work on the illusory cloth and thread, curiosity shining bright in her vivid eye.
    Jinkei succeeds in her skillful manipulation, Blanche cautiously moving a hand through it to test if it is illusion or if Jinkei transformed it into an actual shirt (movement wary in case Jinkei feels the need to alert her that touch will destroy the illusion).
    wow, this is really impressive!
    the catgirl compliments
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei gently takes a hold of Blanche's hands. "Careful, Blanche. Don't be too rough, or you risk undoing the threads I've woven."

She bows her head in thanks. "That's nice of you to say, my dear. So!" She tilts her head a bit. "Tell me about your trip... and about this one who has your heart."

28. - Top - End - #328

Jinkei gently takes a hold of Blanche's hands. "Careful, Blanche. Don't be too rough, or you risk undoing the threads I've woven."

She bows her head in thanks. "That's nice of you to say, my dear. So!" She tilts her head a bit. "Tell me about your trip... and about this one who has your heart."
    Well, I'm not sure if she's truly stolen my heart yet, Jinkei. Her name's Nicole, and she's absolutely gorgeous. She just loves drama and acting flamboyantly, and she's rather clever too. She's a bit bloodthirsty at times, but she has these moments of utter adorableness.
    blanche informs, smiling with remembrance and a bit of amusement.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei keeps the dazzling smile on her face, but inside she frowns. Nicole, there's a name she didn't want to hear.

"I've had the disp-... well, the pleasure of meeting her." She says simply, then the smile falls a bit. The area around Jinkei suddenly drops in temperature. Is the area losing a bit of color?

"So, she's clearly into you, but you're not into her, or probably, maybe?"
    Her high-pitched voice comes out softly, but still audible enough to be heard. "If I were you, I'd run the other way, but we've had different experiences. Maybe that's it, or maybe I saw through her illusions."

Then slowly, she turns to look at the rest of the area from the bar's point-of-view. Her ears are focused on Blanche, however. Her breathing, her heart-rate, the sounds she makes consciously or unconsciously, all are being monitored by Jinkei's hearing.

30. - Top - End - #330

Jinkei keeps the dazzling smile on her face, but inside she frowns. Nicole, there's a name she didn't want to hear.

"I've had the disp-... well, the pleasure of meeting her." She says simply, then the smile falls a bit. The area around Jinkei suddenly drops in temperature. Is the area losing a bit of color?

"So, she's clearly into you, but you're not into her, or probably, maybe?"
    Her high-pitched voice comes out softly, but still audible enough to be heard. "If I were you, I'd run the other way, but we've had different experiences. Maybe that's it, or maybe I saw through her illusions."

Then slowly, she turns to look at the rest of the area from the bar's point-of-view. Her ears are focused on Blanche, however. Her breathing, her heart-rate, the sounds she makes consciously or unconsciously, all are being monitored by Jinkei's hearing.
    Blanche raises an eyebrow, curious.
    what sorta experiences did you have with her?
    She inquires, shivering slightly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show