New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted

[New Peacefield]

The books are an eclectic mix. If there's an organizing principle to this shelf, it's not clear.

End Deadtime
    The Peninsular campaign and its Antecedents
    Sexual Habits of the Chimera and the Centaur: Similarities
    Savior of Freedom
    Girls and Turtledoves
    Spears: Peacetime Use
    Weight of a Decade
    Into Thin Air
    A Text of Basic Invocation

Alkania shrugs.
    "Literally just things off the shelves that had the same saturation level in their covers and bindings."
    But...but one shouldn't judge a book by its cover!

"There's a degree of technical knowledge, but it's really information about your own self, desires, reactions. That's what you're looking for. Right?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

[New Peacefield]

Sexual habits of the... what? "Ookay..."
    Jinkei, if allowed, begins to sort the books into two piles. That done, she then places her hand on one pile. "I want these, please."
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen booklist

Savior of Freedom
    Girls and Turtledoves
    Spears: Peacetime Use
    Weight of a Decade
    Into Thin Air
    A Text of Basic Invocation
    If not allowed, then somehow, she makes her preference for these books known.

Jinkei exhales with a pout. "Right. It's way more about the way it makes me feel and less about the action."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ]

Training Room

Wenomir will go on to show the basics of the longsword fencing. Specifically, the four guards - Plow, Ox, Roof and Fool. He'll then hand the sword to Mia and have her try to hold her balance as she stands and walks in those forms.

Training Room
    ((How nice a german page. Need to lpog in.))

Mia will copy the moves as good as she can. She seems to remind them well, but her body is still not strong enougth to do them at the same level as Wenomir. The fact that she is exhausted doesn't help, too. At all she will sometimes loose balance, the sword not hold long enougth and such things. At all she ties her best, but she obviously needs training.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #274

[New Peacefield]

It's a biology paper, not a field manual. Gosh, Jinkei.
    Alkania nods. "Sure. Enjoy them."

She grabs some paper from her desk and notes the borrowed books.
    "Note it down yourself, so you remember to bring them back."
    The others return to their shelves.

Then suddenly she's very close to the kitsune, going to pet her tails.
    "And how does this make you feel?"
    She shouldn't. But what better chance, with the past so erased?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

The Flaming Knight grunts on seeing Mia's obvious lack of training. He doesn't want to intrude, though, and it's all he can do to keep from walking up to Mia and manually adjusting her pose.

He taps his foot three times.

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei notes the books as well in her pad, then thanks Allie profusely as the others are returned to their shelves. She's so grateful she doesn't notice their increased closeness, at first.

"I don't have the words for it, Allie. It's... the pleasure of giving and taking is indescribable." Then her tails are petted, making her notice their closeness. She moves away a bit, then continues. "Sure, being something more than just fun partners is the ultimate desire, but who has the time for that, now?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-28 at 01:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

((The longsword is predominantly a German weapon, after all. Although there are many Italian manuals as well.))

Wenomir watches Mia's attempts and finally nods.

"Not too bad. That's it for today. Go rest now. You'll probably feel quite sore in the morning. We'll keep building up your endurance, but we'll use lighter exercise so you can train basic forms as well."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #277

[New Peacefield]

Alkania laughs and returns to her seat on the bed.
    "Doesn't that strike you as rather lovesick? There are so many things more to be desired. And it's not a lack of time, but a lack of candidates. Who can say they have someone worth being that ultimate concern?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Training Room

Mia doesn't take not of the fire angle during her exercises.
    Mia nods to Wenomir. "Thank you. I will come to you after my prayer."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

The Flaming Knight waits until after they're both done, then approaches Wenomir. "You are a high-ranking member? I hear you're in need of great help."

[New Peacefield]

Jinkei realizes she's disappointed that Alkania returned to the bed, but manages to stop herself from frowning too much.

"I... I want to find that special person, but I'm willing to settle for just physical closeness. I want it, okay? To see what's it like to feel physical closeness to a friend without being exclusive."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"I am currently one of the two highest-ranking members," Wenomir tells the angel once Mia is gone. "And yes. We do need help. Our organization was routed."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Flaming Knight

Archangel nods. "I see. Speak of all of it, and I shall help to the best of my ability."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

"Didn't Cessie explain how things stand?" Wenomir asks.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [New Peacefield]

Jinkei realizes she's disappointed that Alkania returned to the bed, but manages to stop herself from frowning too much.

"I... I want to find that special person, but I'm willing to settle for just physical closeness. I want it, okay? To see what's it like to feel physical closeness to a friend without being exclusive."
    "Or maybe you haven't changed. That's a funny way to look at it. Come here."

Alkania moves back, making space for Jinkei...if she's willing to practically sit in her host's lap.

"Do you really think there is such a special person? At the very least there have to be lots. From Nexus strangeness making copies, if nothing else. Better when you love them, or they love you, right? But it's separate. Have enough time? Is it worth any time? Has it ever helped anyone? No. We take and give, but if there's a good in it being there at all, its pretty hard to see."

[Fel's Home - Temp Vigil HQ] - Stormguard

"That's the plan for now, yes. Before we can strike at the demons, we need a good place to do it from. I imagine we can dispatch some people to search. We need to consider several different options, including simply building a new airship," Wenomir says. "I don't know how much time we have, but going back into the thick of it before we're ready will just get us massacred. If the demons believe us beaten, it's best to let them think so for now."
    "Jerlyn, you should look into the construction of a new airship; that's more your field. Find some technically inclined member who can help you. I'll find people who can be spared for looking at existing locations. And we will seem, though not be, as if we are just refugees hiding in this house."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

It's been a rough few days. Nick left for work, and didn't come back. Fortuna, not being a blood relative but being the ICE contact and default caretaker of his brother, was notified that he was being held for medical examination and recovery for a few days, and details were not forthcoming. He'll be released after three or four days, and limp through the door, his leg in a thick ceramic cast sort of thing, and a tough material bandaging a portion of his neck. He gives a weak smile as he walks in and is promptly tackled by his little brother.
    "Hiya, folks." he says quietly, between Nick's very soft crying.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-07-28 at 10:34 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Nick's Place]

Fortuna doesn't tackle Nick.

No.

Not even a little bit.

He doesn't need to add getting tackled by a hippogriff to getting tackled by a dragon.

That would be a little much.

Instead, she simply moves up along side him and gently embraces him in silence.

There's no need to speak. Not yet.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

Nick looks up at the clock. "Hey buddy? How you been? I'll walk ya to school tomorrow, you can tell me how you've been."
    Nick Jr. takes a step back and nods. Wobbles a bit. It's late, and he only stayed up so he could see his big bro come home. He waddles over into the bathroom to brush his teeth and put on his nightcap.

Nick watches him go before turning to Forte.
    "Can we talk outside? Need to discuss something." he asks her gently.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

"Didn't Cessie explain how things stand?" Wenomir asks.

"Nay, she did not. Only mentioned that thou art in a really bad spot." Archangel explains.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Or maybe you haven't changed. That's a funny way to look at it. Come here."

Alkania moves back, making space for Jinkei...if she's willing to practically sit in her host's lap.

"Do you really think there is such a special person? At the very least there have to be lots. From Nexus strangeness making copies, if nothing else. Better when you love them, or they love you, right? But it's separate. Have enough time? Is it worth any time? Has it ever helped anyone? No. We take and give, but if there's a good in it being there at all, its pretty hard to see."
    [New Peacefield]

Jinkei hesitates for a moment. Will one time with her new friend hurt much? Granted, she's just getting to know Allie, and Allie has some rather bitter memories of her... For Alkania's sake, she wants to keep this platonic. Truth be told, that's easier said than done.

She's still debating whether to move closer to Alkania or not when the other woman speaks her piece on love. That's what causes Jinkei to change her mind. "Special? The only special people to me are the folks at Foxside. You're a wonderful hostess with a love of books and a way with words, and so you quickly join the ranks of those I'd be happy to call 'friend'."

She goes to sit on Alkania's lap. "Your words on love tell me you're a woman who's close to giving up on finding lasting love. In my eyes, I've never been in love and had it returned. Imagine my surprise at finding out you and I once dated! And it didn't end well, did it? Because I apparently didn't know how to handle my own feelings, or something." She then tries to cradle Allie's face with one hand, gently. "That serves to reinforce my belief that I'm not ready for love. What I'm ready to do is to explore my sexuality."

While all this is said, she looks ever so deeply into Alkania's eyes. By the time she's done, her breath is coming in shallow gasps. "Is that so bad?"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-29 at 02:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Portal pops into the gym, or at least what passes for one in this bizarre mansion. He leans against the wall, just looking around for now. He notices the angel, presumably another member of the organization, and waits for him to finish his conversation with Wenomir. "I aught to get my introductions in order" he whispers to himself.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

"Our base is gone, and several of our members, including one of the founders, are dead or missing," Wenomir says curtly. "We're squatting here like vagrants until we can find a permanent HQ."

Stormguard

"We'd have to find someone who can operate an airship, if that's the option we take. We had a member who was an expert on it, but she's..." Wenomir pauses and speaks with effort. It's clearly difficult for him. "...gone. Quite possibly dead."

20. - Top - End - #290

[New Peacefield]

Alkania goes to pull the visitor close in a hug.
    "You've given up too then. I mean, there's not just one special person you could love. There's a bunch of people to care about in different ways, right?"

She leans into the cradling hand.
    "No, it didn't. But if you think you won't get carried away afterwards, we can see whether it's still how it was with your old memories. At least a few things are clearly the same."
    Gently, she leans Jinkei down, off her, onto her back on the bed.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Training Room

"Aye, I understand. The main missions now are to find the HQ, and mount a search for the missing brothers and sisters. Shall I assume that thou art making some headway at both endeavours?"
    Archangel asks.

[New Peacefield]

"That's exactly what I'm saying, Allie. A bunch of people to care about in different ways." Jinkei whispers into Alkania's ears as she is hugged.

"Try me, Allie." She lays down on the bed, trying her best to look sexy, then pulls Alkania on top of her, aiming to kiss her and nibble on her earlobes.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-07-29 at 04:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

[Dorota & Crissy's Apartment]

"Temple of Inari? I think it rings a bell. What sort of place is this?" Dorota asks, leaning into Crissy. "If it's traditional around here, we can consider it."
    "Inari is the Goddess of Rice and Foxes...and I think a couple of other things, but that's what she's best known for. Her temple has been around, like, forever, and she's kind and very traditional in decor but totally welcoming to all," Crissy explains, brushing Dorota's hair.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Training Room

"We're in negotiations about acquiring resources for a new HQ. As for missing members, all that aren't confirmed dead are gone without a trace," Wenomir explains with a heavy sigh. Particularly one member he'd much like to know anything about... "I won't lie. We're not in a good shape now and it'll take time to change it."

[Dorota & Crissy's Apartment]

"Hmmm," Dorota muses as she tries to pull Crissy into her lap. "I like rice. And foxes aren't bad, either. If they welcome everyone, I don't think it's a bad choice."

24. - Top - End - #294

[Nick's Place]

Once Nick Jr is safely off to bed, Forte's express shifts to one of concern.

"What happened?"

Simple questions for complicated situations.

She doesn't need to tell Nick how worried she was. Her expression says that all on its own.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

Nick nods and goes to the balcony with her.
    "Was supposed to judge the threat level of a certain town and its myserious pit. Ended up walking in with a radsuit since I was the only one who didn't get psychically deafened. The alien at the bottom and I had a long conversation, in which I found out it was brainwashing the populace to the point that it expected anyone who got as far as I did to let it kill them and remake them into its weird minions. It told me our lives were short and meaningless, I told it its life was long and meaningless. It had its lacky slice my arm." he says, using his good claw to pull down the bandages on his neck. It's mostly normal save for the small patch of living stone extending from his shoulder, glowing blue and hot like lava. The feathers around it are not in good shape from the heat.

"Must have been really offended, because it would have been easy to get all of me. But uh, yeah, it goes all the way down. It's not going to spread but...it's not going to get any better. My options aren't great. I can't do cybernetics. My shifting would make it weird, as uncommon as I do it, and I just don't think I can do am-a-amputation." he stutters, fear in his eyes. He has pain tolerance, but saws are too far.
    "I couldn't afford an expert to look at it quickly, let alone with Nick's expenses. I don't suppose you could...?" he says, bashfully wiggling his talons. Sure, she hasn't even been her real shape on screen for months, but he's sure she's still good at it.

26. - Top - End - #296

[Nick's Place]

Fortuna does her best to parse that all together.

A lava alien tried to turn her friend into another lava alien. Ostensibly for petty reasons. If there's one thing Fortuna can't stand, it's people treating other people like things. She has pretty good reason for it, considering what happened to her home.

When Nick does his little talon wiggle, her ears droop. It's obvious enough what he's implying. Ever since the incident she's been very... cautious about her chaos magic. Not quite afraid of it, but... There just doesn't seem to be a good time to use it. Simply not worth the risk...

"Are... are you sure?" she asks hesitantly. "There's always ROBronco corp. They have lots of experience building prosthetics for non-humanoids."

Which are expensive.

Spare money isn't exactly a thing they have.

But Fortuna will still try to find some way out of this that doesn't rely on her chaos magic.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

"Right, which will pop off and break if I ever try to be human while wearing it. But that's not he point! I don't want a prosthetic! I want an arm! Even if I could afford a regeneration treatment, I have no idea if this thing messed with it, plus the patch on my neck can't be just chopped off. I don't need it to be perfect, I just need something made of flesh and bone that an expert can refine for me. Right now, no biomancer could turn this hunk of rock into bones and skin. You're good at circumventing limitations like that."

Right. Because chaos is good at making no sense. She could turn his arm to cheese, though her powers are never that mean.

28. - Top - End - #298

[Nick's Place]

Fortuna fidgets.

It's understandable, really.

The anxiety of hurting one of her friends looms large in her mind.

"Are... are you sure?" she asks. "Really, really sure?"

Because she sure isn't.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick's Place

Nick unlocks the cast and slips his molten blue arm out of it. The digits are not proper for a griffin. It's really rather horrifying.
    "Geneva, you can't hurt me worse than has already been done. I made you a promise that I would never love you less because of what you are or what you can do. You need to do the same for yourself. That doesn't mean to stop being responsible, like you have been doing. But I need you, and I need you to focus on that instead of the what-if's. " he says, calmly and resolutely.

30. - Top - End - #300

[Nick's Place]

Fortuna grimaces at the sight of what that... that thing did to her friend. She might not worry too much about form-shifting, but altering someone against their will?

Well...

That's part of the reason she put a bottle on her chaos magic to begin with.

"Alright..." she finally relents. "I'll try..."

There's no transition.

At all.

One moment there's a hippogriff standing there, and the next? In her place is that weird draconic hodge-podge of creatures grinning at Nick with a wide, rictus smile. A nearby chair is instantly painted a clashing mix of plaid and polka-dot while a potted plant is replaced with cotton candy. A Q*Bert begins ambling its way down the stairs whilst making weird warbling noises. There's a pretty good chance that crazy stuff is just from chaos magic build-up. She hasn't used the stuff in months.

"Hehehe! Oh wow, why was I even worrying? This feels great!" Fortuna titters. "Okie dokie lokie! Let's see about that arm, hmm?"

"Hmmm!"

The draconequus peers at Nick from one angle, popping up out of the floor.

"Hmmm..."

And then another, her back half remaining where it was while her front coils around him.

With a sudden *POP!* that showers the area in dandelion fluff, she vanishes.

"Hmmm?"

Only to appear again, her snoot pressed up against Nick's beak. A look of wonderment mixed with realization spreads across her face. With a snap of her fingers she stands upright! "I've got it! I know just the thing!"

Then she reaches into the gilded cage at the end of her tail and extracts-!

...a fire extinguisher?

*FWOOOOOSH!*

Nick may suddenly find himself doused with soap suds.

They smell mildly of raspberries.