1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons XIII: Wake Like An Egyptian

Can we see your box?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Does anybody have any advice for a player who's hit a stonewall at Tower of Flare? I'm about ready to quit the game entirely because I can't deal enough damage or heal enough damage to survive it, and I have no mats for UVOing an Ogre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Can we see your box?
    What Fax said. At the least, who's your main leader?

In general, tower of flare and the dungeons around that level can present a serious challenge, but they're a challenge that can be overcome through farming for a week or so while you simply level up all your monsters to get more stats. The masks and lits for first ogre evolution can be obtained from the earlier dungeons (just google them), so you can farm those, and the keeper for the ultimate ogre evolutions is available on Tuesday and should be possible for you to clear, though if not, again just farming some experience will get you there.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    7 of the stupid blue masks, only need one more green (and some leveling up and evo'ing) for BestCat.
    I have 11 blue masks, 32 blue fruits, 29 green fruits, and 16 angelits, with 0 greenmask/redfruit/devilit @@

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I'm running an Athena team, I can match an sub-color mass attack and clear most stages and a TPA with one or two other combos will clear the sub bosses and boss. I don't see how Goemon could be much faster.
    A goemon team runs <1-minute INCLUDING dungeon selection, friend selection, and clear screen. Just think of it as what's faster, 0+0+0+0+0+0+1=1 combo or 1+1+1+1+1+3+3= 11 combos? For anyone with limited playing time and/or stoning for stam, that 30-60 seconds saved per run adds up quickly - it's the difference between getting 60+ an hour vs 30.

Does anybody have any advice for a player who's hit a stonewall at Tower of Flare? I'm about ready to quit the game entirely because I can't deal enough damage or heal enough damage to survive it, and I have no mats for UVOing an Ogre.
    Are you stuck on the ifrit? (red dragon that you do one damage to). If so, you'll either need to use a higher multiplier lead, or bring along lilith/copperhead/ghostring/poison ivy/firekillerogre/ufo/darkseid/ra/whatever poison/flat damage user/anything that hits for more than 36k. Friend Grodin/Rodin/Luci/UltGoemon/Satan works fine, or evolved lil blue dragon
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-07-24 at 05:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    I have 11 blue masks, 32 blue fruits, 29 green fruits, and 16 angelits, with 0 greenmask/redfruit/devilit @@
    I've started feeding some of my green/blue fruits for xp and to free up box space, on the theory that by the time I farm up enough red fruits to max skill my double Ronia double Urd and evolve my second Cao Cao plus whatever else I have that needs red fruits to evolve, I'll have enough blue/green fruits to max skill any Norns or Sonias I happen to pull in the meantime.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

So I did effectively two bars of stamina on KotG today due to a rank-up, which translated to +18 to Lu Bu, or ~19 stamina per plus.

Correction, +19, or 18.1/plus.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-07-24 at 06:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    What Fax said. At the least, who's your main leader?

In general, tower of flare and the dungeons around that level can present a serious challenge, but they're a challenge that can be overcome through farming for a week or so while you simply level up all your monsters to get more stats. The masks and lits for first ogre evolution can be obtained from the earlier dungeons (just google them), so you can farm those, and the keeper for the ultimate ogre evolutions is available on Tuesday and should be possible for you to clear, though if not, again just farming some experience will get you there.
    https://www.padherder.com/user/Jurai...0,0,;default,0

My main lead is Shinra Sacred Dragon God Saiga (G/Y), at level 35, and my other leader at this point is my fail as all get out Ogre, since I still need three Sapphilits, a Mythlit, and a Keeper of Water. I have one Sapphilit, and that's going to Ice Golem, as soon as I get Evolution and Demon Masks in Blue for him. Sorry, but BLUE MECH GENERAL, MAR MIDGARD is the ultimate I want right now. I've got a Megalodran at 32, no Awakens or +s, Shinra Soul Beast Sai at 30, with a +1 in health and Max awakes, and support trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.padherder.com/user/Jurai...0,0,;default,0

My main lead is Shinra Sacred Dragon God Saiga (G/Y), at level 35, and my other leader at this point is my fail as all get out Ogre, since I still need three Sapphilits, a Mythlit, and a Keeper of Water. I have one Sapphilit, and that's going to Ice Golem, as soon as I get Evolution and Demon Masks in Blue for him. Sorry, but BLUE MECH GENERAL, MAR MIDGARD is the ultimate I want right now. I've got a Megalodran at 32, no Awakens or +s, Shinra Soul Beast Sai at 30, with a +1 in health and Max awakes, and support trash.
    I think that's the problem... What was your starter? I don't see anything that will allow you to advance in the game yet. You basically have two options if you want to get past Tower of Flare - whale or reroll in the next godfest. I strongly recommend the latter.

The OP has some reroll tier lists and guides for new players. This is why we put them there - to make sure you don't get stuck in the early game.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to whale. I mean, heck, if I can get the mats needed to Ult straight into BLUE MECH GENERAL, MAR MIDGARD, then hey, I've got something tank enough to shred anything until about the next normal dungeon tier, if not beyond that. And my Starter was Tyran.
    Last edited by Jurai; 2015-07-24 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to whale. I mean, heck, if I can get the mats needed to Ult straight into BLUE MECH GENERAL, MAR MIDGARD, then hey, I've got something tank enough to shred anything until about the next normal dungeon tier, if not beyond that. And my Starter was Tyran.
    Midgard really isn't worth keeping an account over. You will get more golems, trust me.

I meant - who was your free REM pull?

I am saying this out of friendship. What you have now, you can get back. Well, except Saiga, but he's not too useful. Any lead from the reroll tier list will have more longevity. Save yourself money. Get a good starter roll, and you will get back what you have in a few days. Take the fact that you're stalled out as a sign that what you're doing isn't working.

If - IF - you spend money, spend it on 1. Box space, and 2. Godfest - and ONLY GODFEST - rolls. Not stamina refills, not friends. But you will be spending real money with no guarantee of a good leader, and may end up right back in the same place. If you really want to spend money, *reroll for a good starter first*. And please please read the starter guides linked on the OP. Ask everyone here what a difference a great starter makes.

I want to help even though I know this isn't what you want to hear.

10. - Top - End - #160

When did Legendary Skyway get added? Was that in the maintenance?

Id second Obryn. Especially if you add in the fact that you intend to whale, you can get back to where you are and easily further in a week or two. And a good leader will blow past tower of flare.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-07-24 at 10:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, skyway got added with the maintenance.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    When did Legendary Skyway get added? Was that in the maintenance?
    Don't do it unless you are certain you can one-shot the 7m hp boss. He has both a combo shield and a damage ceiling after that - in other words, "lol"
    Last edited by obryn; 2015-07-24 at 10:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Listen to Obryn. It looks like you don't have a starter at all. You know when you rolled on the gold dragon machine after completing the tutorial, I'm guessing you got the golem? Or you got something and fed it to something else for some reason maybe? Whatever it was, you have no team leader that will take you through the game and it's not worth spending any money at all. The next godfest will be soon I think, it's been a couple weeks since one already. When it comes, uninstall and start over until you get one of the good starter gods. Really, check out the list in the OP. It makes such a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Don't do it unless you are certain you can one-shot the 7m hp boss. He has both a combo shield and a damage ceiling after that - in other words, "lol"
    ahahahaha, no.

edit: Which is not to say I couldn't do the 1-shot, but screw the legendary whatever dungeons. They're so annoying.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-07-24 at 11:47 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

14. - Top - End - #164

Listen to Obryn. It looks like you don't have a starter at all. You know when you rolled on the gold dragon machine after completing the tutorial, I'm guessing you got the golem? Or you got something and fed it to something else for some reason maybe? Whatever it was, you have no team leader that will take you through the game and it's not worth spending any money at all. The next godfest will be soon I think, it's been a couple weeks since one already. When it comes, uninstall and start over until you get one of the good starter gods. Really, check out the list in the OP. It makes such a huge difference.

ahahahaha, no.

edit: Which is not to say I couldn't do the 1-shot, but screw the legendary whatever dungeons. They're so annoying.
    I love legendary seaway. Fun no RCV dungeon.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Midgard really isn't worth keeping an account over. You will get more golems, trust me.

I meant - who was your free REM pull?

I am saying this out of friendship. What you have now, you can get back. Well, except Saiga, but he's not too useful. Any lead from the reroll tier list will have more longevity. Save yourself money. Get a good starter roll, and you will get back what you have in a few days. Take the fact that you're stalled out as a sign that what you're doing isn't working.

If - IF - you spend money, spend it on 1. Box space, and 2. Godfest - and ONLY GODFEST - rolls. Not stamina refills, not friends. But you will be spending real money with no guarantee of a good leader, and may end up right back in the same place. If you really want to spend money, *reroll for a good starter first*. And please please read the starter guides linked on the OP. Ask everyone here what a difference a great starter makes.

I want to help even though I know this isn't what you want to hear.
    This is so very, very true. I'm one of the original members of this thread, and man I wish I had heard this advice when I started(I was already 3 months into the game by the time the first thread popped up here on GITP). My Starter was(well, back then anyways) a crap dragon knight(arthur I believe), and I was constantly stalling out every new tier. I eventually got lucky during a Godfest and snagged first a GrOdin whom I used to cheese my way through several of the easier descends, and then eventually rolled a Horus who literally made ALL the difference. If all you have to worry about losing is a Blue Golem and Saiga, trust us when we say "wait till the next godfest, delete your acct, start over and keep doing that until you get a good starter god. If you want to spend lots of money after that, go for it, it can only help, but use that guaranteed free pull to insure yourself at least one good god that can take you into at least late-mid game if not early end-game.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

I, too, started with a really bad starter because nobody told me otherwise. Check the cute little dude in my avatar - he was it, and now he's a survey dungeon drop.

I stalled out, too, spending more money than I should have in random non-godfest REM rolls, continues, and the like. I eventually switched to ADK which was decent enough in the game at the time, but eh...

Anyway! Let's say you are really stubborn like I was and just don't want to reroll. I get it - I've been there, too, and the sunk cost fallacy is a hell of a thing. If that describes you, here's a way forward with Saiga, but please please please save up magic stones for future godfests.

Option 1 (2012 style):
    (1) Start using Tyrra. The starter dragons eventually evolve into decent enough leaders. Stack your team with Red monsters, which definitely means no Saiga. Midgard can stay for now for the HP sink.
    (2) Make friends with other Red multiplier leads. Ares, Freyr, Shiva, and other Tyrras.
    (3) Get a team of red goblins. Evolve them to their final form.
    (4) Keep evolving Tyrra.
    (5) Farm for a Gigas and an Echidna, eventually Ult Evo Tyrra.

Option 2 (2013 style):
    (1) Keep with Saiga and start stacking your team with dragons.
    (2) Make friends with Ancient Dragon Knight (or Ancient Dragon Knight Zeal) friends
    (3) Farm for an Ancient Dragon Knight and use it as your lead. Evolve up the Ripper Dragon series.

Both of these will be rather painfully slow, but both are possible. SAVE YOUR FREE STONES. Spend stones only on box space and on Godfest rolls.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I, too, started with a really bad starter because nobody told me otherwise. Check the cute little dude in my avatar - he was it, and now he's a survey dungeon drop.

I stalled out, too, spending more money than I should have in random non-godfest REM rolls, continues, and the like. I eventually switched to ADK which was decent enough in the game at the time, but eh...

Anyway! Let's say you are really stubborn like I was and just don't want to reroll. I get it - I've been there, too, and the sunk cost fallacy is a hell of a thing. If that describes you, here's a way forward with Saiga, but please please please save up magic stones for future godfests.

Option 1 (2012 style):
    (1) Start using Tyrra. The starter dragons eventually evolve into decent enough leaders. Stack your team with Red monsters, which definitely means no Saiga. Midgard can stay for now for the HP sink.
    (2) Make friends with other Red multiplier leads. Ares, Freyr, Shiva, and other Tyrras.
    (3) Get a team of red goblins. Evolve them to their final form.
    (4) Keep evolving Tyrra.
    (5) Farm for a Gigas and an Echidna, eventually Ult Evo Tyrra.

Option 2 (2013 style):
    (1) Keep with Saiga and start stacking your team with dragons.
    (2) Make friends with Ancient Dragon Knight (or Ancient Dragon Knight Zeal) friends
    (3) Farm for an Ancient Dragon Knight and use it as your lead. Evolve up the Ripper Dragon series.

Both of these will be rather painfully slow, but both are possible. SAVE YOUR FREE STONES. Spend stones only on box space and on Godfest rolls.
    I had the advantage of being told to reroll, and I got a card that was very similar to Saiga - I went with Gronia, who is basically superior in every way, and she was still a very difficult leader to use. I've since hypermaxed her, and even with that, she's been retired because she just doesn't carry the oomph needed. Saiga will hit that ceiling much earlier.

In other news, I just looked at the Japan announcements. The new series of gods looks pretty neat, I would be happy to play around with them. But then I saw AWOKEN OROCHI. Also, Awoken Susano, Apollo, and Okunushi. But OROCHI. I may be willing to un-evolve him from his current TPA-tastic form, depending on what they do. And he goes B/G, so he may be easier to use, as his current B/R form just doesn't fit nicely into a lot of teams.

Now, of course, I have to get freaking Tengu...
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    I had the advantage of being told to reroll, and I got a card that was very similar to Saiga - I went with Gronia, who is basically superior in every way, and she was still a very difficult leader to use. I've since hypermaxed her, and even with that, she's been retired because she just doesn't carry the oomph needed. Saiga will hit that ceiling much earlier.

In other news, I just looked at the Japan announcements. The new series of gods looks pretty neat, I would be happy to play around with them. But then I saw AWOKEN OROCHI. Also, Awoken Susano, Apollo, and Okunushi. But OROCHI. I may be willing to un-evolve him from his current TPA-tastic form, depending on what they do. And he goes B/G, so he may be easier to use, as his current B/R form just doesn't fit nicely into a lot of teams.

Now, of course, I have to get freaking Tengu...
    Hmmm split Apollo gaining another TPa and two rows. Persephone treatment.

I'm taking split okuni to mean that we may be getting split U&Y soon. Surprised they did okuni first from J2..

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

For ABastet, do you guys think Leeza or Thumbelina is a better sub? Thumbelina has better awakenings and ATK, but Leeza has better HP (something all my modeled ABastet teams have had issues with) and a slightly faster skill if it's max skilled, and her skill makes wood orbs instead of a heartmake.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

I love this event. Finished hypermaxing DKali and already started on ARa. Actual play time is becoming the biggest limiting factor; I really need to find some more ROdin friends so I can run the cheese team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    For ABastet, do you guys think Leeza or Thumbelina is a better sub? Thumbelina has better awakenings and ATK, but Leeza has better HP (something all my modeled ABastet teams have had issues with) and a slightly faster skill if it's max skilled, and her skill makes wood orbs instead of a heartmake.
    I'd use Leeza when you don't need the bind clear, both for the HP and the more useful active.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    I love this event. Finished hypermaxing DKali and already started on ARa. Actual play time is becoming the biggest limiting factor; I really need to find some more ROdin friends so I can run the cheese team.
    Yeah that. I'm done with Urd now and in a day I've picked up another 20 +eggs and several more ranks. Might get Shiva at least into the mid 50s, perhaps.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, me too. I haven't spent a single stone and I've gotten Lu Bu from +102 to +136 and pushed a bunch of trash XP into some of my chibier monsters.

Now I'm looking forward to Blue Cat Dragon, for Nut skill ups. Sarasvati will be so, so happy.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah I think Shiva might get 297d before this weekend is up.

Also, I'm convinced. Thief teams FTW. So easy on KotG.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

So, I've managed to beat Starlight Sanctuary on my tablet now! Next step is making it more reliable to beat, preferably via Goemon. Probably going to involve farming and skilling up a fire Mechdragon.

On the phone, I just finished leveling up my last Starling; I now have a max level, max awoken, max skilled Starling, without using a single Bubpy. Of course, now I have four Bubpy sitting around...

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

25. - Top - End - #175

Took me 3 stones but managed to get Guan Yingpin down on mythical (figured if I was going to be stoning I might as well do the version that guaranteed me her).
    Pretty much got carried by my hastily ult. evolved/awoken LKali and a hypermax LKali friend for the most part. Echidna, Double Maxius and Soul Beast Izuna were just sitting around to meet the colour req and for delay/extra burst since I didn't have any proper leveled stuff that were eligible other than Echidna.

Will probably spend most of today praying for MeiMei invades while running Zhao Yun since I still need 2 more jewels before I can get my Awoken MeiMei.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Took me 3 stones but managed to get Guan Yingpin down on mythical (figured if I was going to be stoning I might as well do the version that guaranteed me her).
    Pretty much got carried by my hastily ult. evolved/awoken LKali and a hypermax LKali friend for the most part. Echidna, Double Maxius and Soul Beast Izuna were just sitting around to meet the colour req and for delay/extra burst since I didn't have any proper leveled stuff that were eligible other than Echidna.

Will probably spend most of today praying for MeiMei invades while running Zhao Yun since I still need 2 more jewels before I can get my Awoken MeiMei.
    Yeah, tomorrow is all Zhao Yun for me too. Less for the invades, though those would be nice, but rather for mini GZL to skill things up. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I can handle that dungeon with my Awoken Bastet team on the tablet, they could use some GZL skill ups too...

::Edit:: And I now have a +181 Dragon Rider, King Arthur. Feeling pretty swanky about that, he's creeping up on where I left Fuma off at. And conveniently, he's getting a lot more +atk than +hp/rcv, which matches perfectly with Fuma being far lower on it. If this keeps up, they should even out nicely.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-25 at 11:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

x3 normals is kinda cool.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Change of plans, I will be farming +eggs on KoG like everyone else.

Zhao Yun Legend #1 - 0 stone, rank up.
    Zhao Yun Mythical #1 - Meimei invades floor 1, 0 stone clear
    Zeus-Deos Mythical #1 - Meimei invades floor 1, 0 stone clear

150 stam, 30 minutes spent for 2 magic stones and 2 Wood Jewels. Thank you RNGesus
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a little confused. Meimei can invade either big dungeon today, right?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #180

I'm a little confused. Meimei can invade either big dungeon today, right?
    Yeah, Meimei can invade either descend today. Got her invading on my first run through both mythicals so it frees me up to go back to +egg farming.
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to actually get Awoken Meimei until later in the week since I'm missing a Green Keeper and a Dub-topalit for Zhao Yun.
    Spoiler
    Show