New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Help me make this eyeball (beholderkin) trick work

An eyeball (beholderkin) is a monster that can be used as familiar via improved familiar and it's stats are found in the monster of faerun (page 23). It's most interesting ability is Spellray which allows the eyeball to deliver touch spells (as familiars do) via it's eye, effectively turning the touch spell into a ray (range 35 feet). Spellray allows the eyeball's master to replace one of it's eyes permanently with a spellray eye. I assume this can be done to replace up to the four eyes it has.

Metaray is a feat listed in lords of madness (page 45) it allows a beholderkin, like the eyeball, to apply a metamagic feat (up to +3) to his eye rays as long as it subsequently waits for so many rounds.

The problem is that an eyeball has 1hd i.e. 1 feat but we need 2 (a metamagic feat and metaray). Suggestions / ideas in how to make this work?

Heroics DCFS is an option but something I would rather avoid. Having the eyeball make a pact with a devil is an idea I'm considering but would rather keep myself away from it.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Help me make this eyeball (beholderkin) trick work

PAO it in an humanoid and use mind seed and now he have class levels and so he can take the feats you want(but it is overkill and you need to find someone who have those feats and mind seed).
    Last edited by noob; 2015-07-18 at 10:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Help me make this eyeball (beholderkin) trick work

I suppose you could always worship an Elder Evil for the free feats, but you' still have to DCFS them.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards