New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Revolution Mk II

Quote Originally Posted by inky13112 View Post
    You know what I hate about being one of the bad guys?

When you die and people find out your role, all the good arguments you made and logic you used on why you are likely innocent gets tainted. I mean, despite the fact that I was in fact a technophile, the arguments I made were still good ones, and made sense.
    Bleh

Oh well, at least I didn't get lynched in the end.
    No, But I didnt think I was going to get assassinated whilst I was away. I cant belive they killed two of us in the same round, Inky. Talk about bad luck.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

As Atreyu is in the pool playing pool Wii Tennis, a Llama dressed in combat fatigues wearing a mask appears out of nowhere, wielding a knife. A brief struggle ensues, resulting in the drowning of his unknown assailant. Since nobody noticed, Atreyu simply hides the body in the bushes and continues playing.

Later that night, as the Moralisers gear up for their next assassination, Atreyu is caught midleap by a time vortex, suddenly appearing holding knife and wearing combat fatigues, briefly struggling with his past self before being drowned.

A new message appears on the bulletin board.

To all Anachronist Party Members,

Some of you have expressed concerns that our use of the time distortion machine is hypocritical to our cause.

However, in some models of the future, nobody is a hypocrite. We are trying to regress to rural times. Therefore, hypocrisy is part of our mission statement.

Hence, we are able to use technology without compromising our stance.
    A second message has also mysteriously appeared.

Okay, who pushed the 'paradox' button?

I know there anachronism drive is fun and all, but every time you push the paradox button, God writes a Llama out of existence.

Please, think of the Llamas!
    In big, glowing letters, a message has been left in the town square.

Citizens of Ravetopia. Your Friend the Computer has come to Ravetopia to free you from the shackles of oppression. Rejoice, for the day of liberation is at hand. Dissenters against the new order will be eliminated.

- Your Friend the Computer.
    Beneath the glowing letters, Pingcode20's disembodied arm lies in a pool of blood. the small device emitting the words makes a fizzling noise, before melting into a puddle of molten metal.

As the party is tidied away, Lord Magtok's dead body is found under a table.

When you search Atreyu's stable, you find a note in his feed:

Wear blue glowsticks and vote to lynch Xykon_Fan if you want to become a Technophile.
    Atreyu, a Moraliser Agitator, was killed in an ontological paradox by the Anachronists.
    Pingcode20, An Anachronist, was killed by the Technophiles.
    Lord Magtok, a citizen, was killed by the Moralisers.

As the sun rises, everyone heads to their beds to get some sleep ready for the next night's partying. As usual they awaken bright and ...err... late at midday the next day.

Night ends, and day starts and will finish at 9am GMT Tuesday. You need 3 votes for a lynch and 4 for an early day end.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-06-18 at 01:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Hmmm...well it appears very likely that I am royally screwed. I will die. However, there is the small issue that whoever decides to wear said blue glowsticks is going to very quickly get killed by everyone who isn't. I guess I have that going for me.))

XF looks at the note and rolls his eyes. "Hmmm...I wonder what they would do if I decided to wear blue glowsticks and point at myself. Ah well, I am sadly not interested in joining the technophiles, as they seem somewhat antagonistic towards me at the moment. Wait...why am I thinking so clearly? Ah, my tankard!"

He drinks 10 pints and passes out for a while. When he wakes up, he goes into his house for a few moments, and comes out with a note written in psychadelic colors.

"If you want to join the Glowstick Rebellion of Colors, wear a bright vibrant awesome green glowstick! We support actual logical analysis of people's behavior in an effort to determine their true identities!"

((I figure no one will really have any qualms about joining my rebellion. And the worst that can happen is that a bunch of people decide they'd like to still kill me, and just won't join me. Have fun deciding what to do!))
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-06-18 at 02:35 AM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

4. - Top - End - #184

Hi, Xykon.

Are you declaring an actual revolution as per the rules? It's not too clear.

If you are, that'll clear out any inactives :)
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Aww. That's no fun. You know, I really ought to try my hand at co-narrating sometime.))

Some time later, you also find a note in Pingcode's home.

Bulletin board messages brought to you by Pingcode.
    ((Yeah, I was responsible for the Anachronist's death messages. I like writing those death scenes a little too much, methinks.))

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Umm...yeah, I am. I figure if I declare a revolution, the worst I can do is die, which is what's probably gonna happen anyway. On the other hand, props to the "whatever-you-were"s who put that there. Bravo...and nice move I guess. Turning an entire town against me while getting them to recruit to your side is a major combo move that gets at least a 2x multiplier.
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-06-18 at 03:28 AM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by pingcode20 View Post
    ((Aww. That's no fun. You know, I really ought to try my hand at co-narrating sometime.))

Some time later, you also find a note in Pingcode's home.

((Yeah, I was responsible for the Anachronist's death messages. I like writing those death scenes a little too much, methinks.))
    Yeah, I was going to credit those messages to Pingcode - just at the end of the game. Thanks very much for the awesome death scenes. I very much enjoyed reading them and hope you all did too.

I'd be happy for you to co-narrate the rest of the game, not that there's much left. My inspiration is wearing thin.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

Alright, I'll have a crack at it. Shouldn't be too hard.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    No, But I didnt think I was going to get assassinated whilst I was away. I cant belive they killed two of us in the same round, Inky. Talk about bad luck.
    You got assassinated because you were away and you voted to save inky along with Arlanthe the first time he got threatened with a lynch.
    Once inky turned out to be a technophile, you and Arlanthe were the natural suspects for the double after a night of no technophile kills.

10. - Top - End - #190

Hi, all.

It is with great pleasure that I declare Pingcode20 to be co-narrator for the remainder of the game. Please CC him on all secret PMs - night time actions and recruitment attempts.

And now for the game.

A REVOLUTION HAS BEEN DECLARED!!!

It is time to make your position know. Do you support the Glowstick Rebellion of Colors, or do you support the existing regime. I daresay the new order will support partying whole heartedly, and there may be room for negotiation as to the new policies on how much partying is compulsory. Or do you think Xykon Fan is a treasonous wretch who should be hung drawn and quartered?

Make your position known or you will be executed!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

That was the most original death I've had in a long time! Thanks to whoever wrote it. Of course, you still suck for killing me, but that's beside the point.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Rejakor is in favour of the groovy glowstick revolution. Party on, man!

Rej ties a bandana made of green glowsticks around the brim of his low slung hat, and commences throwing glowsticks at people. Deciding that this is taking too long, and waaaaay to much energy, dude, he starts constructing a small catapult. Made of glowsticks.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Hi, all.

It is with great pleasure that I declare Pingcode20 to be co-narrator for the remainder of the game. Please CC him on all secret PMs - night time actions and recruitment attempts.

And now for the game.

A REVOLUTION HAS BEEN DECLARED!!!

It is time to make your position know. Do you support the Glowstick Rebellion of Colors, or do you support the existing regime. I daresay the new order will support partying whole heartedly, and there may be room for negotiation as to the new policies on how much partying is compulsory. Or do you think Xykon Fan is a treasonous wretch who should be hung drawn and quartered?

Make your position known or you will be executed!
    So yeah, my schedule is wonky - when does the day end?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

14. - Top - End - #194

Day was due to end this morning, but because it's a revolution, and because so few people have posted, let alone voted, I'm going to extend it by 24 hours to 9am GMT Wednesday morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man, wouldn't it be awesome if only Rejak and I survived 'cuz no one was on?!?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((Just an observation here since I'm not in this game, but the day seemed particularly short. I mean, night only ended 24 hours ago. Typically a "day" lasts 48 hours. I suspect that many of the regulars are expecting a similar duration unless it was specified somewhere earlier that it would be different. Again, just an observation. Not meant to be a criticism of any kind.))
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, the day's been extended, it's just that I was joking about if they're still not on by tomorrow night.

@V: Ah, I see. Sorry for the mix-up.
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-06-19 at 04:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((That wasn't my point, XF. I was merely observing that some of the regular structured game people my not have expected the day to end normally until tomorrow sometime and as a result may not have felt a need to post in response to your revolution until they'd done some more pondering on the issue, maybe run it by some people, etc, totally unaware that they might be missing a very important deadline.))
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Vicarin
    Guest in the Playground

Looks like I will have to join this revolution right now to avoid being auto-lynched.
    Stupid inconvient time zone.

20. - Top - End - #200

I wasn't aware that other games used 48 hour days.

In general I've been doing 24 hours minimum, but always having a fixed deadline, so if we have an early end, the next phase will be a little longer.

However I always extend the deadline if there is a revolution because it is quite critical that everyone gets a chance to put their vote in. Unless of course everyoen already has by the time I see there is a revolution happening.

In the previous game and the start of this, I was finding that most day/night phases end early, in fact sometimes very quickly. I like that as I think it makes for a more fast paced and interesting game. Otherwise games can stagnate so that even the players who check often stop checking and lose interest.

===EDIT===

So far we have 3 out of 8 players have submitted their vote/position on the revolution that has been declared. If you don't vote, you'll be second against the wall when the revolution comes, right behind those that actively supported the losing side (if any).

Have we really only got 3 active players left?

Don't forget, deadline (literally) is 9am GMT Wednesday (tomorrow). So get posting.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-06-19 at 09:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

What's this? An alien walking around? No it's just HyramGraff showing his support for the revolution by wearing an outfit covered with green glowsticks.

22. - Top - End - #202

*Viva la revolution, I am a part of it!*

Helgraf scrounged up the glowsticks used to such good effect back in the days when Ravetopia was an unenlightened place called Pucetopia, and progressed to aid the revolutionaries.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

Belethorien walks out of her house wearing green glowstick jewelry. I am joining the revolution.

24. - Top - End - #204

The revolution is swift, and bloody, as the residents of Ravetopia rally around Xykon_Fan, proudly wearing bright green glowsticks.

Those who failed to support the rebellion were rounded up and stood before the great statue of Ravezilla, blindfolded and tied to stakes as a large bonfire is built to honour the protector of the dance with live sacrifice.

The torches are lit, and the dancing begins, and the screams of DarkCorax and Weebl fill the air, the fire consuming their bodies swiftly as a Xykon_Fan throws flares into the petrol-soaked bonfire.

As night falls, Xykon_Fan is hailed the new leader of Ravetopia for taking a stand against the hated Computer and purging the state of agitators, preserving the great party.

The night party starts, and you all dance all the harder, confident that the agitators have all been removed.

DarkCorax and Weebl, citizens, were executed. A new regime has taken control.

Day ends, night starts and will end 9am GMT on Friday or earlier if all night actions are in sooner. Sorry for the delay.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-06-20 at 07:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

Wait the glowstick federation wasn't even a faction was it?

Awesome. In a at least glowsticks use a little technology kinda way.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm...I was gonna ask the baner for help, but then I realized there wasn't one. I'm screwed, but hey, I staved off death for 12 hours or so game time.

Just so everyone knows, there's a reason the technos wanted me dead, and I happen to have some information regarding Beleth. So I suggest you kill her next.

27. - Top - End - #207

Hi, all.

You've had well over 24 hours to get night actions in, but I've only had two out of 4 actions submitted.

As a note to all of you, and to re-iterate what I said earlier, don't feel constrained to only submit night actions for yourself. Non-spies can submit a spy action in case their spy doesn't, and spies can submit a kill action in case no-one else does.

You have 1 hour remaining, plus extra time if work keeps me busy, and Pingcode20 isn't around.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Huh? I'm still here.

29. - Top - End - #209

I meant wasn't around at 9 am GMT.

10 minutes to go, still some actions needed.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in for the next game. But if it starts during the weekend this week, place me as afk until Monday.

I would like it very much if I could get a notice when the next game is open for sign ups.
    Last edited by Penguinizer; 2007-06-22 at 02:57 AM.