New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 3: Uh... can we get a mulligan?

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Someone important" turns out to be a tall, imposing man clad in a shirt of mail, with a black surcoat bearing Vigil's white insignia emblazoned on it. His visible skin is covered in scars, his long hair is so dark as to be almost black and he's got a plain-looking longsword strapped to his hip. Or, because a picture is worth a thousand words...

"Ambrosia sent you? I'm Wenomir, one of the two leaders of Vigil. Where is the attack coming?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Debate Night]

Tep's imps get directed to FactsWiki where they can learn that Stu became a resident of Eastside just before candidates were announced. It's a moderately low cost apartment near the park Stu's been using as a makeshift campaign base. Every once in a while he goes there from the park to let the crowds know he lives at the same level they do.

"I think Southside's current state is a tragedy, I really do," Stu says grimly. "I objected to the circumstances that led to their current state and I object to where they are now. That said, things are improving and I want them to continue to improve. To that end, I feel my four step economic growth plan will not only benefit us but cause Riverside as a whole to grow. More importantly, it will give Eastside the economic luxury of being able to provide aid to ailing and suffering regions whenever and wherever Eastside wants. The first of which would most likely be any of those still suffering in Southside."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-12-30 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

"Someone important" turns out to be a tall, imposing man clad in a shirt of mail, with a black surcoat bearing Vigil's white insignia emblazoned on it. His visible skin is covered in scars, his long hair is so dark as to be almost black and he's got a plain-looking longsword strapped to his hip. Or, because a picture is worth a thousand words...

"Ambrosia sent you? I'm Wenomir, one of the two leaders of Vigil. Where is the attack coming?"
    "Ambrosia is working on that now" says Steve. "My associate, an elvish ranger named Luvon and I are assembling an army at Some street in the city of Inside, as they are most likely attacking there."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-12-30 at 07:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Bugbear in the Playground

Conference Room

"Oh, he's not the kind of person that gets lost easily. I'd still keep an eye on him though, lawyers are sneaky." Amy jokes.
    As soon as she gets off the chairs, the rest of the squad are brought to life. They start bringing up paper, pen and what appears to be a recorder, as they all stares at Spako, seemingly capable of taking notes and look at him at the same time.

"Mr. Kobolt, what is the greatest foe that VIGIL has vanquished? Was it the demon king from season 4 & 5?"
    "Why are all the commanders human in VIGIL?"
    "Is it true that Adir abandoned Sakura at one point?"

[Skies Above]

Ouch, that really hurt, but revenge would be hers! She quickly changes direction, making a steep rise into the air and the just continues in that direction to slam the two harpies she managed to entangle into the still free one.

[Obstacle Course]

"Hello Wenomir." The scholar greets him with little fanfare. "I have never seen such a course before, just what are you training them in here?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-12-31 at 10:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"If it's a major attack, I'll go myself," Wenomir says. "And take another Vigil member with me. How much time do we likely have?"

[Obstacle Course]

"Fast reflexes, situational awareness and athletic skills," Wenomir explains. "They need to learn quickly and overcome obstacles. They'll inevitably face them on the battlefield."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"If it's a major attack, I'll go myself," Wenomir says. "And take another Vigil member with me. How much time do we likely have?"
    "I have no idea, but I can guess a range between an hour and a week." says Steve. "Like I said, Ambrosia most likely knows more about this than me, as she said that she would be researching the matter."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Conference Room -> Outside

Spako gives a bit of a look at Cessie and Wenomir when Amy tells her joke. He honestly can't tell if Amy realizes how on-the-nose she is. Once out the door he is questioned by the goblins
    "I have no idea who either of those people are. Watch slew a lot of demons in their day. I joined two years ago and missed most of the big famous apocalypse-thwarting. Heard about a big blood moon that frenzied werecreatures and a big rift in Inside a few years ago. Lots of demons. Demons come up a lot.
    But I don't really get your question. What do you mean, why are they human?"
    he says, one of the feathers on his eye-ridges raising.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Between an hour and a week is a significant time bracket," Wenomir remarks. "Any idea why they plan to attack there, in particular?"

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skies Above]

Huh. Alice realizes that she must have been subconsciously holding back. Or they're really tough birds.

She takes a step and half-jumps to grab at another one, thinking that the motion (after the previous demonstration) might send them scattering. And if not, another harpy will be (more or less) helplessly out of the air.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Between an hour and a week is a significant time bracket," Wenomir remarks. "Any idea why they plan to attack there, in particular?"
    "They attacked a neighborhood there last, and I believe that you sent a taskforce there. Do you have any members that are anthropomorphic ponies? I know that it's an odd question, but there were anthropomorphic ponies that helped us counter Thier attack. There was also the fact that thier spies were moving through the sewers." says Steve.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

11. - Top - End - #1301

Outside

The goblins simultaneously start noting down everything Spako just said. "Oh, I just asked since-"

Then Amy takes the word. "Eh, lets discuss that later. You don't mind the questions do you, Spako? We're all just... very curious."

[Obstacle Course]

"Battlefield? Are they planning to become soldiers? I had the impression it was something more akin to duelists." Ambrosia questions.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Wenomir is visibly confused.

"Anthropomorphic ponies? We don't have anyone like that. But we're not the only group with a stake in Inside's defence. Regardless, I don't plan to wait around for them to attack. We're planning an attack on our own terms, against a target of opportunity."

[Obstacle Course]

Wenomir shakes his head.

"I've fought many enemies in many places, and I'm training them to do the same. That means they need to be ready for anything."

[Skies Above]

The harpy is successfully slammed by Anika, using its own compatriots. It falls to the ground, stunned. The other two continue to flail helplessly.

Meanwhile, the harpies around Alice seem to experience their instincts taking over. Their aggression disappears, and they fly away in a rush. Those not engaging either of the two Vigil members quickly follow.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside

Spako shakes his head.
    "No, it's fine. Being in charge of showing you around is my job at the moment, after all. I do hope you weren't expecting Commander Wenomir to be green. But, we were heading to the upper village right?"

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Wenomir is visibly confused.

"Anthropomorphic ponies? We don't have anyone like that. But we're not the only group with a stake in Inside's defence. Regardless, I don't plan to wait around for them to attack. We're planning an attack on our own terms, against a target of opportunity."
    "Alright, how many men can you rally to fight?" says Steve

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"We don't command an army," Wenomir says. "And we've just recovered from losing our old base of operations. I will lead two people I decide are best for this mission."

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"We don't command an army," Wenomir says. "And we've just recovered from losing our old base of operations. I will lead two people I decide are best for this mission."
    "Alright then. We may not have more numbers, but we can work with what we have. Hopefully the reinforcements from HALO will help is there." says Steve

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Wenomir nods.

"Hopefully. I won't say no to you joining us, since Ambrosia vouches for you. Just tell me what you an do, exactly. You look like the heavily armoured knight type to me."

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Wenomir nods.

"Hopefully. I won't say no to you joining us, since Ambrosia vouches for you. Just tell me what you an do, exactly. You look like the heavily armoured knight type to me."
    "You guessed right. I'm a paladin. I am heavily armored, I can fight both as infantry and cavalry, and I have access to powers granted by the divine. A lot of the powers I have access to are for healing, but I have some for defense and attack. However, the attack area is strictly for fighting evil. Before you ask, this isn't a personal code, although my purpose is to drive out evil. The powers will actually protect non evil targets from the normal attack." says Steve. "If you want to know if I can fight or not. Answer is simple, I'm a holy knight, and a knight is, no matter how you cut it, a soldier."

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Wenomir shrugs. Good enough for him, even if his opinion on knights, especially religious ones, isn't very high.

"Then get ready. We'll leave as soon as my co-commander locates our target."

20. - Top - End - #1310

[Skies Above]

The harpy is successfully slammed by Anika, using its own compatriots. It falls to the ground, stunned. The other two continue to flail helplessly.

Meanwhile, the harpies around Alice seem to experience their instincts taking over. Their aggression disappears, and they fly away in a rush. Those not engaging either of the two Vigil members quickly follow.
    The force shield flickers and disappears.
    Alice goes to pick up the one she threw against the monorail and hold it where it can't claw or peck at her. Might not work out so well. But if it does, bird captured!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

Wenomir shrugs. Good enough for him, even if his opinion on knights, especially religious ones, isn't very high.

"Then get ready. We'll leave as soon as my co-commander locates our target."
    "Anything you want me to do before we attack?" says Steve

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Has Ambrosia told you about the demons' weaknesses?" Wenomir asks. "You should get a silver weapon if you don't have one already."

23. - Top - End - #1313

[Obstacle Course]

Wenomir shakes his head.

"I've fought many enemies in many places, and I'm training them to do the same. That means they need to be ready for anything."

[Skies Above]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Outside

Spako shakes his head.
    "No, it's fine. Being in charge of showing you around is my job at the moment, after all. I do hope you weren't expecting Commander Wenomir to be green. But, we were heading to the upper village right?"
    Outside

All the goblins nod.
    "Uh, yeah. But its more of a... social context thingy, I'll explain later." Amy replies.
    "Great! so if you don't mind, just who is with who in VIGIL? We know that some couples have split up."
    "Yeah, that reminds me, is Jezebel and Ilpholin still around? Surely you must have heard of them."
    "What does VIGIL think of HALO? Didn't those guys betray you?"

[Skies Above]

Ha! If not for that damn tear in her back, that had almost been a perfect run. Anika 15, harpies 0.
    She dismisses the entangling roots and lets the final harpies fall to the ground before she starts to follow the fleeing harpies. She was curious where they were going, she had never seen them around here before.

[Obstacle Course]

"I see." Ambrosia remarks as she looks back at the obstacle course. "My own training was only against living opponents. I never took this kind of courses."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-01-02 at 07:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside

"Jezebel is still friends with Ms. Mithar. Just friends, no matter what you read in tabloids. She's been helpful to Vigil. Haven't heard of Ilpholin doing anything in years. As far as I know none of the members you'd know are in a relationship except Commander Wenomir, even though KR is still missing. And officially, Vigil and Halo are still on speaking terms, as can be seen from their cooperation with the Eastside debates." he says, very official-like.
    The less said about how he feels with Halo leaving right before the place got blown up, the better. Perhaps it was just bad timing, but it was really bad timing.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

[Skies Above]

The fleeing harpies fly off towards the horizon. Their direction seems to be some mountains in the distance.

As Alice tries to hold down the harpy, it redoubles its struggles. It wriggles, squirms and claws at her. It seems very determined to follow the others.

[Obstacle Course]

"I'm rather fond of them. Better that they learn the basics here than in a live-fire situation," Wenomir explains. "I've never seen those... alligators in real life, but their illustrations in the books I've read were sufficiently menacing."

26. - Top - End - #1316

Default [Skies Above]

"Hey, settle down. You don't want to hurt yourself." Alice advises the harpy. It's probably just a dumb animal, but a soothing tone of voice could help.

As it increases its struggles, she redoubles her efforts to hold it, and even drag the thing down to the interior of the base.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Has Ambrosia told you about the demons' weaknesses?" Wenomir asks. "You should get a silver weapon if you don't have one already."
    "I don't think that should be a problem. My sword is made of steel, but it is imbued with holy power. This isn't my first fight with demons." says Steve.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Speak of Ilpholin and she will appear. Mostly. It's not a random appearance or anything, since she's following Cessie to the Skybase to meet Wenomir.

"Phew. Decided you couldn't see enough at the Watchtower and decided to make the next one even higher?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Those aren't the demons most people here know," Wenomir says. "They're not... evil or destructive spirits. What they actually are is quite complicated, as I've found out recently, but they're essentially infected by the essence of spirits that have no proper place. And silver is their bane. Unless you've faced them already and found your sword to be effective?"

30. - Top - End - #1320

[Skies Above]

Cool, Anika will keep trailing them. Flying towards "mountains" wasn't enough of a clue where they were really going. Had to find their nest at the very least.

Outside

The sound of pens noting down everything can once again be heard.
    "So what happened to Harnel? I heard he quit the force! Why would he do that against Cessie?"
    "What happened to the old base exactly? We heard you got invaded, but how can some demons defeat VIGIL?"
    "What is the deal with GloG? Does VIGIL work with them? Is GloG even doing anything at all?"

[Approaching]

"The idea is that the base is supposed to be mobile, so we could send in the entire base to back us up, or retreat if need be. We can't actually move it yet though..." Cessie explains to Ilpholin. "We're still working on that." It can probably be assumed that they can transport up to the base, where Wenomir probably is.

[Conference Room]

Spark returns, the two goblins that followed him now carrying what appears to once have been a part of a dragon head. "Here we are, the focus, just as you wanted." He holds up a piece of paper. "There are some notes here though, considering this artifact. First of all, it is sapient, and quite intelligent. I would not suggest talking to it though as it appears convinced that you're going to kill it. Can't imagine why." The lawyer remarks with a wry smile. "Furthermore, it is the unifying piece of the staff, it is what controls how the staffs power is directed and interprets the wielders mental orders. In addition, it amplifies magical energy a great deal, and just not for the staff, any magic user that wields this will find their magical energy enpowered. Besides that, it lacks any distinctive corruption or demonic influence. I believe the idea was that this part of the staff would ensure that no demon, or otherwise unworthy being could wield it. Mr. Kelligan's research suggests it was only meant for the royal family of the ancient Khraken empire, but that seem to have changed. It was wielded by a crazy murloc when we found it, who used it to blast anyone who came near it. Quite a bother really." He scratches his head. "Some instructions how to use it which involves talking the dragon... its named Kalisingra by the way, don't mispronounce that either, pisses it off, or shall I say, pisses her off. Don't call her a it either."