New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXV: Adorable Eugenics Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Lpaulb116 View Post
    What do you have?
    well i have a Diancie a latios a non shiny Rayquaza there on my omega ruby game
    Last edited by Unknown Jedi; 2015-08-20 at 09:56 AM.
    Friend Code : 5300 9616 9023

In Game name : Chris

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I check only my breeding project pokes and I do it five at a time immediately after they hatch. I've got a couple boxes full of perfect 6 IVs that help a lot with breeding and I keep a dozen or so 4-5 IVers of each poke species. I tend to wonder trade the rest. I really hate releasing pokes, so my boxes are rather full right now.
    Same, except I find Wonder Trading too tedious so I just release most of the ones with fewer than four 31s (or ones with 31 in the wrong attack stat). Occasionally if I'm doing something with a bothersome-to-get HA or egg moves I'll WT a handful of 3- or 4-IV females.
    Jude P.

3. - Top - End - #63

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Jedi View Post
    well i have a Diancie a latios a non shiny Rayquaza there on my omega ruby game
    Do you have an Entei, Suicune, or Raikou
    3DS Friendcode: 3540-0727-1179
    Y IGN: Kenny
    X IGN: Lune
    Spoiler: Bred Pokemon
    Show
    Feebas, Squirtle, Absol, Furfrou, Drilbur

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Watching the Pokethon marathon inspired me to pick up White 2 again. I just finished it, as in beating the E4. It's a much better game than I remember, but damn, everything has rock slide. Felt like every time I sent out anything weak to rock (which was often, with Arcanine, Braviary and Galvantula in my team and why is my spellchecker considering those words?) they'd get a rock slide to the face.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Watching the Pokethon marathon inspired me to pick up White 2 again. I just finished it, as in beating the E4. It's a much better game than I remember, but damn, everything has rock slide. Felt like every time I sent out anything weak to rock (which was often, with Arcanine, Braviary and Galvantula in my team and why is my spellchecker considering those words?) they'd get a rock slide to the face.
    Wait till you do more of the post-game stuff. EVERYTHING has earthquake. It's a major PITA for just about all of my team. Only my Zoroark and Flygon aren't terribly bothered by(Well, Flygon is flat out immune). Or hell, rechallenge the E4 with their improved levels. They'll spam earthquake non-stop I swear.

6. - Top - End - #66

Do you have an Entei, Suicune, or Raikou
    i do have an Entei but its on my Y game and i not able to put it to my O ruby game my self

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

My team for the current Battle Spot competition is not complicated, and it really shouldn't be doing so well.

Open with Magnezone and Rotom-toaster. Rotom maybe burns something, maybe Overheats something. Magnezone sets up double screens and then usually dies or sometimes Explodes. Send out Electivire with Focus Band, spam Earthquake. Rotom at this point mostly just spams Rest to continue taking up space so I don't need to send out my next, but if it's safe he might Overheat or Shadow Ball something that survives. If one of those two goes down, replace with Eelektross. Special, not physical, and specced for an awful gimmick (Coil into accurate Zap Cannon) because I trained it back in Y before the move tutors opened up good physical moves, but it usually has enough power to clean up the scraps. I think I've won more than two-thirds of my matches like that (does anyone know where I can check the records)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Just finished off White Treehollow last night in my White 2 adventure. I have to say, I had more issues with the regular trainers then I did against Alders grandson(Bengal I think?). Seems like every other person had a Haxorus that would use Dragon Dance immediately. Thank god for the guaranteed nurse on every floor. Bengal himself was a cakewalk though, I one-shotted every last one of his guys, he never even touched me. So, I now have a Shiny Dratini!!

Speaking of shinies, are all shinies a separate color? I noticed that Dratini is purple, which made me think that all shinies are their own separate color(Like the Shiny Garados that you get in one of the previous games is Red).

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Woot! Just finished off White Treehollow last night in my White 2 adventure. I have to say, I had more issues with the regular trainers then I did against Alders grandson(Bengal I think?). Seems like every other person had a Haxorus that would use Dragon Dance immediately. Thank god for the guaranteed nurse on every floor. Bengal himself was a cakewalk though, I one-shotted every last one of his guys, he never even touched me. So, I now have a Shiny Dratini!!

Speaking of shinies, are all shinies a separate color? I noticed that Dratini is purple, which made me think that all shinies are their own separate color(Like the Shiny Garados that you get in one of the previous games is Red).
    Yes, shinies are always a distinct colour from the normal examples of the species, and all shinies of a species are the same colour as the other shinies of that species (all shiny Gyarados are red, not just the guaranteed one, for example). It's a bit hard to tell with some, though. Lantern, non-Mega Gengar and Garchomp, and Galvantula are a few examples of shinies that are a little disappointingly similar to their normal hues.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of shinies, are all shinies a separate color?
    That's basically what the term means.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    That's basically what the term means.
    I was going by the actual definition of the word, which just means something is bright in color, not actually a different color ^^ I was picturing shiny pokemon to just be like...Ultra bright versions of themselves with sparkles or something. Now I have to wonder if I've ever encountered them in the wild and just not noticed. I tend to play before I go to sleep so it's quite possible/likely I've encountered one and not even noticed it was a different color. Ahh well, at least now I know that for a fact. I always thought the Red Gyrados was just a super special Gyrados, and that a normal shiny one was just...Brighter blue.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was going by the actual definition of the word, which just means something is bright in color, not actually a different color ^^ I was picturing shiny pokemon to just be like...Ultra bright versions of themselves with sparkles or something. Now I have to wonder if I've ever encountered them in the wild and just not noticed. I tend to play before I go to sleep so it's quite possible/likely I've encountered one and not even noticed it was a different color. Ahh well, at least now I know that for a fact. I always thought the Red Gyrados was just a super special Gyrados, and that a normal shiny one was just...Brighter blue.
    As I understand it, they were originally called "shiny" because in the original Gold and Silver, shiny pokemon made a *ding* sort of sound with sparkles. The reason for that was that Gold and Silver could be played on the original monochrome Gameboy, and so it would have been the only way to tell that a pokemon was shiny if you were playing it on that system. A better term would be "alternate colour" or something.
    Last edited by Domino Quartz; 2015-08-23 at 04:29 AM.
    Spoiler: Out-of-context quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...He would have to stay there permanently (without cake, somehow not breathing) for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Maybe Blackwing is a Schrödinger's familiar.
    Any given member of the Order needs to do a quantum measurement to see if they remember him

Azurite Name Inspirations
    Rich is a better writer than that!
    Free speech?

13. - Top - End - #73

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Jedi View Post
    i do have an Entei but its on my Y game and i not able to put it to my O ruby game my self
    Then is the Diancie good?
    3DS Friendcode: 3540-0727-1179
    Y IGN: Kenny
    X IGN: Lune
    Spoiler: Bred Pokemon
    Show
    Feebas, Squirtle, Absol, Furfrou, Drilbur

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Domino Quartz View Post
    As I understand it, they were originally called "shiny" because in the original Gold and Silver, shiny pokemon made a *ding* sort of sound with sparkles. The reason for that was that Gold and Silver could be played on the original monochrome Gameboy, and so it would have been the only way to tell that a pokemon was shiny if you were playing it on that system. A better term would be "alternate colour" or something.
    "Alternate coloured" was the official term, but "shiny" was too ingrained in the public consciousness, so they switched to using that. They always sparkle and 'ping' when they show up, though, so even for the similarly-coloured ones you'd have to be trying pretty hard to miss them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TamerBill View Post
    "Alternate coloured" was the official term, but "shiny" was too ingrained in the public consciousness, so they switched to using that. They always sparkle and 'ping' when they show up, though, so even for the similarly-coloured ones you'd have to be trying pretty hard to miss them.
    Unless you play without volume and were momentarily distracted...
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #76

Then is the Diancie good?
    well i not great a telling whats a good pokemon or not but might be able to get my Entei over to the right game might take a day thought

Diancie is a Naive nature not sure on the ivs

17. - Top - End - #77

How the heck did this guy's M-Ampharos outspeed my scarfed Electivire? No Emolga on the team and no Agility.
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    How the heck did this guy's M-Ampharos outspeed my scarfed Electivire? No Emolga on the team and no Agility.
    Quick Claw? Custap Berry? Wait, Mega-stone. Uh, Electro Web? You forgot to EV train speed? Even running off base Ampharos' stats Electivire should be faster.
    This. This is the best thing that has ever happened in all 34 threads, ever. This has made every single second spent on Dominic Deegan not wasted time. Every time I stayed up to see the sneaky gate, every rage-filled post I've ever made, every time Mookie's writing has caused me physical pain - so, so worth it.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently even Zoroark when he mimics a Shiny will do the whole "Sparkle sparkle Ding" bit. I find it hilarious to keep my Dratini in my last position just for that reason.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quick Claw? Custap Berry? Wait, Mega-stone. Uh, Electro Web? You forgot to EV train speed? Even running off base Ampharos' stats Electivire should be faster.
    I think that even if it did get one Agility and I missed it an Electivire with Choice Scarf should outspeed it, right? Weird.

By the way, I don't pay attention to these things, so is there a Pokégen or Action Replay or something out for 3DS nowadays? I've run into a couple of all-shiny teams during the Pikachu Cup and more than one shiny on the team is a bit improbable.
    Jude P.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The Pikachu Cup is allowing pokemon from earlier generations for some reason - earlier generations had hacking. I've run into a few too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The Pikachu Cup is allowing pokemon from earlier generations for some reason - earlier generations had hacking. I've run into a few too.
    Not even just earlier gens now, there was that whole QR code thing letting people import whatever they pleased into their games. Was patched out, but the hold-outs can still do it and pass the things around.

23. - Top - End - #83

now got the Entei on my O ruby game

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

So, still putting off moving over to X, and while I was messing around on White 2 last night, a thought/idea occurred to me. They should add some form of actual romance into the game. I mean, they basically did all the prerequisite stuff in White/Black 2 with Yancy/Whomever, and then they just stopped. Why not add a bit more side content in later games just like that whole bit, but make it a bit more in-depth. Is that something anyone here would be interested in? If not, why not?(I Imagine for most it would be "I don't want no peanut butter in my chocolate!" kinda thing, for fear that it would dilute the main aspect of the game to much).

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

So, still putting off moving over to X, and while I was messing around on White 2 last night, a thought/idea occurred to me. They should add some form of actual romance into the game. I mean, they basically did all the prerequisite stuff in White/Black 2 with Yancy/Whomever, and then they just stopped. Why not add a bit more side content in later games just like that whole bit, but make it a bit more in-depth. Is that something anyone here would be interested in? If not, why not?(I Imagine for most it would be "I don't want no peanut butter in my chocolate!" kinda thing, for fear that it would dilute the main aspect of the game to much).
    I'd mainly oppose because the tone of the games wouldn't match. Not to spoil anything, but XY has a small moment that borders on romantic and it completely killed the scene it was in because it came out of left-field for no reason and wasn't even that relevant to the scene. Of course, its not mentioned again.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Also Pokemon is designed to appeal to a generally considerably younger audience than most other RPGs (i.e. children); a bit like My Little Pony, the fact it has general appeal was something of a bonus that they've just run with! Pokemon also usually features preteen characters, come to that (I think B2W2's characters are supposed to be a bit older maybe?) You also don't get any dialgue control (like an IE or Bioware RPG), or even a modest number of JRPGs that feature it give you some choice; it'd thus basically be as on rails as the rest of the game.

So romance is... a little iffy as a proposition for several reasons.

I think the aforementioned scene in XY is about as far as they could sensibly go.

27. - Top - End - #87

The only reason Pokémon has such a big adult audience is because most of us have stuck with it since childhood/adolescence. The target audience is still kids.

I think the scene in XY was meant to be a friendship scene, but it was kinda awkwardly executed.
    Jude P.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    The only reason Pokémon has such a big adult audience is because most of us have stuck with it since childhood/adolescence. The target audience is still kids.

I think the scene in XY was meant to be a friendship scene, but it was kinda awkwardly executed.
    I agree its intent was friendship, but myself and a few others (hardly a representative or statistically relevant sample, I'll grant) first reaction was "this is weird, why are we getting all lovey dovey?"
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

How old are the XY protagonists supposed to be? I was thinking 16ish like BW, and anime Serena looks nothing like game Serena because they wanted to de-age her for some dumb reason.

Of course we could always add romance to the breeding system. Gotta get those eggs somehow.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    How old are the XY protagonists supposed to be? I was thinking 16ish like BW, and anime Serena looks nothing like game Serena because they wanted to de-age her for some dumb reason.

Of course we could always add romance to the breeding system. Gotta get those eggs somehow.
    I think in BW Hilbert/Hilda were 14 (16 when you meet them as NPCs in BW2). I'm not sure how old Nate/Rosa were supposed to be in BW2. I also have no idea how old Calem/Serena are supposed to be in XY, but I got a younger vibe from some of the NPC friend group so I figured they were no older than 14 again.

Edit: I already see way too much "sexy Gardevoir" and the like online. So let's not add an option to romance your Pokémon in-game.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2015-08-26 at 01:25 PM.
    Jude P.