New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

LSN is the only webcomic author I know of that would spend three whole updates just to troll the readers.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    LSN is the only webcomic author I know of that would spend three whole updates just to troll the readers.
    He's been doing that a lot lately. Between this and the whole "wow I bet you wish you could see the action instead of pixel characters standing still" joke that drug on way too long I'm starting to wonder if he's bored with this plot or something.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Dwarf in the Playground

is it just me, or is the close up on chandea snoring suspicious, especially with nightmare spirit purple text.

hmm, maybe its more pink than purple, but still seems like a weird frame

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

i think it's more of a humor panel, to show that she slept through all the screaming without even noticing what's going on.

she's a heavy sleeper.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    she's a heavy sleeper.
    isn't she also an elf?

about the new strip, i please want to point out that for a people who have ever only know peace and prosperity, it makes little sense to have armed guards, stone castles and a ruling monarch.

6. - Top - End - #1146

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    isn't she also an elf?

about the new strip, i please want to point out that for a people who have ever only know peace and prosperity, it makes little sense to have armed guards, stone castles and a ruling monarch.
    That's why they can't remember the last war. The king brutally crushes any opposition before it can get that far.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

If I remember correctly from 4e, elves actually sleep, it's eladrin that don't. I'm more amused by a ranger somehow missing all the noise.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

isn't she also an elf?

I'm sure it's relative peace and prosperity and not some fantastic utopia where crime literally does not exist. Though, having said that, myths do tend to go towards the extreme, so a story where such a world exists is not outside the norm. In that case, if it's an in-universe myth, then the accoutrements of the government and military are likely just symbolic.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

9. - Top - End - #1149

The new strip today is great, especially because I needed to reread the previous one until the truth finally dawned on me.

Those feys.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It would seem that something about being in Ardon's body has either made Odie more comfortable wearing shirts or less comfortable not wearing shirts.

11. - Top - End - #1151

PirateCaptain

The new strip today is great, especially because I needed to reread the previous one until the truth finally dawned on me.

Those feys.
    In fairness, the humans had no need for crude oil and it genuinely was damaging their ecosystem. This feels like a win-win to me.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    In fairness, the humans had no need for crude oil and it genuinely was damaging their ecosystem. This feels like a win-win to me.
    My thoughts exactly. Sure, she says it was a scam, but it was a mutually beneficial arrangement.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #1153

afaik, oil tends to not spontaniously erupt*, so I guess that the feys and their sorcerers and engineers were first probing and drilling around, and when they finally struck oil, they held the kingdom ransom for construction materials and diamonds.

(*unless the oil is naturally in a deposit near the surface. In which case the people know that stuff already and use it in small quantities. You'll be surprised how they used Bitumen for thousands of years in Mesopotamia. Sure, Hit was famous because it stunk like hell (sulfur and bitumen) but it was an incredible building material.)

But also, Celestia is still right that a huge unwanted oil spill in an agricultural society is quite bad. I just couldn't help but assume the worst intentions from feys.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Sure, she says it was a scam, but it was a mutually beneficial arrangement.
    Mutually beneficial, yes, but with one side taking an unfairly large portion of the benefit while hiding the existence of that portion from the other. This dryad got the owners of a large area of land to pay her for the "privilege" of having her harvest - and keep for herself - a very large quantity of a valuable resource from their land, while convincing them that she was benevolently and altruistically doing them a favor.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anyone else have to squint to notice the guards? I thought there was just black slits alongside the tower before Ell mentioned guards.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2019-03-27 at 10:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Anyone else have to squint to notice the guards? I thought there was just black slits alongside the tower before Ell mentioned guards.
    No, not really. Maybe something off with your monitor color? I can see how the grey is kinda similar to the white, but it's not like it blends together.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

in reference to this comic, spoiling because it references the punchline
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair El, i would probably spend all my life savings on Everlasting Chocolate even if i WASN'T depressed.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Banned

What's El referencing here? I'm wracking my brain but I can't remember.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    What's El referencing here? I'm wracking my brain but I can't remember.
    I assume it a reference to Everlasting Gobstopper from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    I assume it a reference to Everlasting Gobstopper from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    Not the chocolate. The line about stabbing someone in the stomach.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Oh and sorry for the misunderstanding.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You see her start to draw her sword. Likely because she thought Terry may have been an feywild bounty hunter or another type that would ask about her just as a lead to Ardon. If it wasn't someone she recognized or attacked to hastily she would have stabbed him in the stomach.

Also, I am calling it now: the guys in the red robes are the cultists Terry mentioned.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

group therapy!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Banned

They're wrong though. Sure adventurers are always trying to do too much, but she's very much complicit in allowing this particular tragedy to happen. It's great that they're being nice to her, but they probably shouldn't. She didn't give up because she wasn't able to handle the problem, she gave up because she didn't want to deal with it anymore.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

And this is why we should probably avoid alignment discussions.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

They're wrong though. Sure adventurers are always trying to do too much, but she's very much complicit in allowing this particular tragedy to happen. It's great that they're being nice to her, but they probably shouldn't. She didn't give up because she wasn't able to handle the problem, she gave up because she didn't want to deal with it anymore.
    I disagree with this.
    She gave up because she was unable to handle this problem.

Helping for as long as you possibly can, before you are too mentally exhausted to continue.
    Isn't really any different from fighting until your HP are too low to keep going.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    I disagree with this.
    She gave up because she was unable to handle this problem.

Helping for as long as you possibly can, before you are too mentally exhausted to continue.
    Isn't really any different from fighting until your HP are too low to keep going.
    That's not a great analogy. If your health is low you heal up. You don't walk away and go on vacation.

I do get your position, but my opinion is that you don't get a pat on the back for walking away from a problem you helped cause. Or rather apparently you do. You just shouldn't.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

For mental exhaustion, a vacation is healing up.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    For mental exhaustion, a vacation is healing up.
    She's not planning on going back though. She's not healing up to deal with it. She's just leaving. That's the difference. We all know the plot will bring her back to it, but she doesn't.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

She's not planning on going back though. She's not healing up to deal with it. She's just leaving. That's the difference. We all know the plot will bring her back to it, but she doesn't.
    what do you do when you're playing a game and the same boss, event, or situation has been repeatedly killing you for the past seven hours? You've tried every possible strategy, every outcome, every guide online, you've even tried a few things nobody else thought of, but no matter what you do, you just keep dying. And dying. and dying. Sometimes it's instant, you walk in, and are immediately dead. Sometimes you get SOO CLOSE to overcoming it, only to then be wiped out. No matter what you do, you can NOT beat this obstacle. you can NOT continue the game. you've tried looking for ways around it, another path or an item that you missed, but there isn't any. it's either beat this encounter, or stop playing.

So what do you do?

You stop playing, at least for a little while. Maybe pick up something else instead to help you cool off. Maybe you'll come back with a clear head, maybe you won't come back at all. either way, you're getting out of a stressful situation because it's actively hurting you.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show