New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hell's Rebels IC

Lillisandra stops short as they arrive before the dilapidated hut cleverly disguised as a stable. "That."- she punctuates the word with a point- "is not at all what I had in mind." She begins looking around at street level, for anything that might hint at inappropriately-high levels of interest from other passers-by and shopkeepers.

When Hitori makes his exclamation and walks through the front door, she stands wide-eyed with a slackly opened mouth. As the door swings shut behind the hellknight, she blinks and raises an eyebrow in astonished disbelief. "And that"- another point- "will get that fool killed, someday."

She follows him into the hall with evident trepidation, alongside the other, more hesitant members of the party. Inside, she curls her nose at the unpleasant stench. "This just keeps getting better..." she mutters. She walks up beside Rexus, and holds the hems of his shirt off the floor, in case his retching proves 'fruitful.' When he recovers his composure, she offers him an expression somewhere between apology and pity- call it commiseration. "It'd be nice to live in a world where such scenes didn't happen. Ugh."

She slowly makes her way towards the grated alcove, carefully looking about the room as she goes. After a moment, she notices Eva searching for seems and hidden hinges, and joins the hunt herself.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+10)[15] general perception
    (1d20+10)[22] hidden doors

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Searching the area even more thoroughly reveals the presence of two back offices, neither of which are locked. Both spaces appear empty of anything of note - each contains an old desk, a chair, and some empty cupboards. The noises are joined by a chorus here, as the doors and cupboards begin to seemingly open and close at random. Looking around for secret doors, Eva is the first to notice a set of strange little tracks that look like clawed baby footprints crisscrossing the floor, desktops, and cupboards. Whatever is causing these disturbances, their presence is certainly felt here. Eva also uncovers a single key at the back of a drawer in the desk.

Hitori manages to drag the emaciated bodies of the dogs through the main doorway and out into the street. Finding a pile of garbage nearby isn't hard; the institution of martial law has done little for the loosely organized piles of trash that lie right near the street corners. A pair of youths stalk one of the nearby streets, and although they stare at the hellknight for a moment, neither of them says anything. They wouldn't want to intrude on business for the Order of the Rack.

Across the hall, those of you still inside can make out a gate to another, separate area of the stable. The middle of the gate has a wide opening in the bars through which a small creature could wriggle through. "You know, this place used to be a slaughterhouse." Rexus seems to have recovered from his near-episode, standing behind you and staring at the apparatus. "The creature would be loaded into this narrow hallway and then locked in place with its head in the gate, after which a worker would deliver a deathblow, usually with a sledge." He doesn't look sick anymore, just sad and somewhat lost. It's obvious to the meanest eye that the man doesn't belong in here. As if to hammer home the point, you can hear a distinct crash as a loose piece of wood goes flying down the stable's central thoroughfare, barely missing Rexus. He curses in Elven, which manages to sound elegant despite the content.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

The knight returns to the hall after removing the offending bodies. He stands silent at the door, his eyes and expression hidden.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Cynissa takes her time with the divination, but despite her care is only able to identify a little of the magic at play. That there is magic is obvious upon stepping inside the Livery. The whole place rings with strange murmurs, nonsensical scrawlings appear on the walls and disappear as soon as Cynissa looks closely at them, and errant gusts from sudden bursts of heat or cold tug at her hair. The question is, what is behind it all? It sets Cynissa's mind at ease to know they are in fact dealing with petty magic. Not everything could be explained by one spell alone, but though she can't identify them, the others don't seem much stronger. The spells are like the pile of dog corpses; distractions, meant to scare, and easily dealt with.

Not that whoever means to scare them can't escalate. Cynissa, wrapped up in her spell, notices the flying piece of wood too late to shout a warning. Fortunately, it doesn't hit Rexus, and the purposefulness of the attack tells Cynissa that there is actually a person—or more likely several people—directing it. They are not merely dealing with old, passive spells.

"There is someone here besides us," she says quietly, after Rexus finishes his explanation of how the Livery used to operate. Why describing the slaughtering of cattle helps settle his stomach is beyond Cynissa, but ultimately it doesn't matter. "And besides the rats, too. Whoever it is can use magic, albeit novice magic, and doesn't mind carnage. We should hurry." She notices Eva rummaging around one of the desk drawers. "What have you found?"
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-25 at 09:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As he watches Hitori dispose of the dogs Aaron mumbles, "Killing dogs won't make the Lord-Mayor like whoever has been here. I don't know that I would want to be seen disposing of them during daylight."

He listens to the sound, looks at the walls, and shivers as the magical effects occur around him. Unsure how to react, he waits and watches with his weapon readied. At Cynissa's announcement he nods and redoubles his attention, keeping close to the middle of the group and ready to intercept any attackers he sees.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Essentially Aaron is reading an action to Aid Another to increase their AC should Aaron notice an attacker.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Those of you preparing for an imminent fight are disappointed, as no attack ever comes. The sounds continue unabated though, the doors to the offices in the northern wing of the Livery slamming shut behind Eva. The ink-stains on the walls are shifting positions now, their shadowy substance looking suspiciously like newly shed blood. And you can hear another note of music, separate and distinct from the rest of the phenomena. Whatever is in here with you is not making itself known yet.

Thankfully, the killing hallway proves to be a fruitful lead, as the key that was in the drawer opens up the gate without too much trouble. The rusted iron creates a soft screeching noise on the masonry. Those of you who step through can see that there used to be a secret door here, leading into another adjacent chamber. But time has not been kind to the hidden portal, which has largely collapsed. The old workroom beyond houses numerous slaughterhouse tools, veterinary equipment, and woodworking supplies, all of which are covered with a thick layer of dust through which strange tracks and patterns have been traced. Unlike the treads in the offices, these patterns are even more distinct, which might lead you to guess at their origin. Heavy mallets, crumbling ropes, and tools for restraining animals hang from pegs in the walls or rest atop leaning tables. To the southwest, a trap door sits ajar, propped open by a block of wood. Iron rungs have been driven into the stone, creating a ladder that descends into the darkness.

"Just guessing, but I'd say there's the entrance to our hidden hideout." Although he seems to have largely recovered from his minor episode now, Rexus still seems quite content letting the five of you take the lead on this. "Whatever this place is now, the Silver Ravens would have made good use of this place in their day. Who looks for a secret base in a butcher's shop?"

Show
    Since the tracks are a good deal more obvious now, you can make a DC 15 Survival or Knowledge (nature) check to see what these creatures are.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #127

Hitori looks around at the blood on the wall, listening to the music, and considers the flying debris as well. Perhaps this place is haunted by a malicious spirit?

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion). Is this a ghost or a poltergeist? (1d20+2)[19]

Hitori walks over to the trap door and looks down, placing one foot on the ladder to test its durability.

Spoiler
    Show
    In his armor Hitori weighs around 260 pounds. Can the ladder bear his weight?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

As far as Hitori's ritual training is concerned, the Livery shows no signs of any paranormal activity. Cynissa is right - something is causing this, but it's not an angry spirit or a poltergeist. Whatever is at the root of this problem, it is more likely the work of a mundane creature. The iron ladder doesn't even creak under the knight's weight, holding firm against the bulk of his heavy armor. It seems safe enough to crawl down.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

9. - Top - End - #129

Eva smirks at the not so secret door, it confirmed she was right about the hideout being below, the comment about them not being alone could be interpreted as disturbing but she had another theory "Cynissa, forgive me because I am not trained in the arcane arts but wouldn't it be logical to say that someone could place permanent enchantments on this location to possibly create the illusion that this place is haunted? I mean this is a secret hideout and what better way to keep the local teenagers and homeless out by making them think some angry spirit is anchored here?"

Wandering closer to the pit she studies the tracks despite not actually being trained on identifying them the regards the hellknight with a chuckle "I think it would be wise to find someplace nearby to anchor a rope to then we can use the rope as a fail safe if the ladder is rotten though I won't protest if you want to go down first since you are a MAN. Just don't let the fall break your neck because landing on your corpse's armor would be more painful than stone."

Spoiler: SURVIVAL!
    Show
    who knows she could get lucky? (1d20+1)[6]

Edit: OR NOT!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2015-09-27 at 10:34 AM.
    Blarg...

10. - Top - End - #130

Hitori shifts his gaze to the small woman. "That's right. I am a man." He pulls a torch out of his bag and lights it, then quickly scales down the iron ladder and holds the torch up, searching the immediate area for...anything unusual.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, to show how manly he is! (1d20+3)[16] (I guess the DC is 14, 10+ Eva's Cha mod?)
    Perception: (1d20+3)[18]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Lillisandra follows into the back hallway, noting the odd footprints and subtle magical effects in passing. As the Halfling and knight bicker, she inspects the footprints more closely. She frowns at her realization. "We're not alone here, by the by. These tracks belong to malicious little fey, known for inhabiting otherwise abandoned buildings. I doubt they're seriously dangerous, but we should not leave anyone alone for long."

Spoiler: survival
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20] vs DC 15??

Content to let the armored knight risk his own neck first, she gets his attention with a hand on his shoulder. "Just give us a call if you find anything threatening down there. I doubt there's much we can do to help from up here, but I suspect I speak for all of us in voicing my appreciation for your risk." She gives him a smile, and peers down the trapdoor as he descends.

Spoiler: perception
    Show
    (1d20+10)[15]

12. - Top - End - #132

Hitori glances at the drow and nods. "Well, thank you," he says after a moment. "I'm sure there's nothing down there though, if this place were dangerous why would Rexus's mother tell him to come? She may have never gotten here but if she found out so much about it she probably had a good idea of what was really here."

He slowly, but firmly pulls his shoulder away from the woman, a clear indication that he does not appreciate the physical contact, and heads down the ladder.

13. - Top - End - #133

NecromancerGuy

Aaron follows as the party explores the area, jumping at the unexpected sounds and sights periodically. When Hitori descends into the earth he stands guard at the rear, planning to follow down last.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

Once Hitori descends enough to make room, Cynissa steps onto the ladder. Darkness is no barrier for her. She climbs awkwardly, taking her time with her bad leg and balancing her stick on her shoulders like a milkmaid's yoke. "They could have," she explains to Eva as she climbs, grateful for the distraction. "But the signs would be different. There are illusions which last forever on their own, and spells that extend the life of other spells. But these are all powerful magics, and like I said, an apprentice mere weeks into her training could produce the phenomena we see."

Below her, Cynissa hears Hitori's boot strike something other than ringing iron. She stops for a moment, her legs closed, as he strikes a torch. But when she looks down, he's peering around, not up. So she continues, both speaking and climbing. "Furthermore, the cantrip that created the heat and cold cannot persist longer than one hour. Lillisandra's explanation is much more likely."
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-27 at 01:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Making your way to the bottom of the ladder is easy. At the bottom - perhaps thirty to forty feet below your starting point - you reach the bottom, landing on smooth stone. As the hellknight strikes a torch, everyone can see their immediate surroundings.

The eye-watering stench of urine, feces, and other organic deposits fills this large room. Half-chewed crates are stacked against one wall, and there is a closed door directly to the west. Here and there, you can make out the unmistakeable shapes of dead rats piled in the corners of the space.

Back in the room above the trapdoor, Rexus turns to Aaron. "You know, I think I do remember you! I believe it was four or five years ago, your father held a dinner party that I had the fortune of attending. He was a very gracious host." He pauses, scratching his beard and looking away uncomfortably. "Well... better get on with it, hm? I'm glad to see a familiar face, despite everything."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

16. - Top - End - #136

NecromancerGuy

Silently Aaron nods, trying not to let the lump in his throat overwhelm him at the mention of his estranged, diabolist father. "I am glad your memories of the event were pleasant. As of late my father and I have stopped speaking - he disowned me for failing to sacrifice a good man during an unholy rite to his god. Since then I haven't really known what to do with myself, though I hope this proves to be what I have been missing..."

17. - Top - End - #137

Hitori advances to the door to the west and attempts to open it. If it's locked, he pulls his shoulder back and tries to break it down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check: (1d20+3)[12]

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Rexus hesitantly puts his hands on the young oracle's shoulder. "If it helps, I think you've come to the right place in all this. Kintargo needs new leadership - it's only going to get worse under Thrune. With any luck, we'll at least get some answers down there." He gives Aaron a warm smile before beginning his climb down the rungs.

In the storeroom, Hitori finds that the door isn't so much locked as it is wedged shut. His first attempt isn't quite enough to force it open. The grimples must have found another way through, and looking around, you can see little holes in the stone, bored over long periods of activity.

They're in the walls.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #139

Hitori hands Rexus the torch and proceeds to systematically and precisely knock the door off its hinges.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 20 on my Strength check. Total 23

20. - Top - End - #140
    Banned

Cynissa rolls her eyes. Amusing as it is to watch Hitori almost literally bang his head against the wall, they have to make it back to Rexus's contact by curfew. "Try the key," she says, beckoning Eva forward.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-28 at 10:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Eva follows the group down and stops for a moment to allow her senses to adjust to the newest 'scent' before turning to Cynissa "Do I have to? I think it is more satisfying to watch him flail away at the door besides that key worked on the gate already and most keys are only designed for a single lock unless they are a skeleton key. I think we should let him vent some of his stupidity, if he is tired out then he will be less likely to open his mouth to spew ignorant garbage which I am sure most of us can appreciate."

The halfling turns to the Nobleman that led them down there "Next time someone writes you a letter about a secret base may I suggest you bring along a mop and bucket or even a handkerchief and mint paste for your nose because it seems you would rather be vomiting int he corner than making idle chit chat."
    Blarg...

22. - Top - End - #142
    Banned

"It's a matter of priorities. Anyone who's out after nine o'clock can be hauled off to jail. I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm sure someone would." Cynissa's lip twitches, and she busies herself scanning the rat holes for anything that might poke its head into the room. She doesn't want to single anyone out. "Breaking the door down seems like it might take a lot of time."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Trying the key results only in a soft rattling sound, as the door remains frustratingly closed. Eva has the right of it - any key for this particular door is long gone, leaving brute force as the only viable way through. Luckily for you, Hitori is more than capable of bursting down the door on his fourth attempt, although it takes him all but charging at the portal with his entire weight to knock it down. The resulting sound echoes through the motion and into the space beyond. Once the majority of you are through the doorway, Rexus steps through. The wonder on the nobleman's face is not easily lost. "I think I'm quickly gaining the reputation for being the fellow who states the obvious but... I think we're in the right place." Holding the torch aloft, he reveals the

The next chamber is quite a bit larger than the room to which you first descended. Twin sets of pillars grace the edges of this hall, which is completed by a long stone effigy near the rear of the room. Closer examination reveals a scene of battle carved in the stone, infernal legions and the distinct outline of Hellknight armor. But the foreground is dominated by four vaguely humanoid figures. Beyond their dimensions, any level of specificity about their features has been lost to the press of unrelenting time. Nonetheless, the way the tableau is portrayed definitively identifies them as the founding members of the Silver Ravens.

Any reverie is quickly dispelled, however, by the discordant sounds that quickly rise in pitch as the six of you enter the area. Those of you with extended vision in the darkness can make out five distinct shapes clambering down the pillars near the back of the room. These putrid looking fey bear a disquieting resemblance to a half-starved, mange-ridden opossum. A few of them use loose flaps of skin as makeshift wings to get down to the ground, but three of them remain perched up high. Alerted by the door, they unleash their first wave of attacks before any of you are even fully aware of their presence. This consists of three unbelievably long streams of vomit, all of which target the knight leading the group.

Show
    Surprise round! I've put these guys up on the map (they're the kobolds, since I couldn't find the right ones), and the ones up on the pillars are about twenty feet up. The two on the ground in the middle, and the closest pillar grimple are using their vomit abilities. The first two are against Hitori and the second is against Lillisandra (ranged touch attack, DC 11 Fort save vs nauseate on each success). The other two are readying actions to vomit in case you get closer.

Attack 1: (vs. Hitori) (1d20+3)[12] ((1d4)[3] round duration)

Attack 2: (vs. Hitori) (1d20+3)[5] ((1d4)[1] round duration)

Attack 3: (vs. Lillisandra) (1d20+3)[21] ((1d4)[2] round duration)

Oh, and I'm rolling Initiative for these guys. Rexus won't be taking part in this fight, having already used up his spells for the day and not wanting to get into melee.

Initiative: (1d20+1)[11]

Roll for initiative!

Edit: so a hit against both Hitori and Lillisandra. Both of you have to make the DC 11 Fort save. It's fairly low, so I imagine neither of you will have trouble with it.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-09-28 at 12:32 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #144

Hitori knocks the door down and turns back to Cynissa. "As a warrior, no one regrets this more than I, but sometimes force is the only way to achieve the necessary outcome. And a soldier bears the burden so that others do not have to." His statement is bitter, and he does not seem to be referring to himself when he says 'a soldier'.

Turning in to the new room, Hitori growls as the enemies spit on him. He ducks out of the way of one, but the other gets a shot directly at his helmet. Resisting the urge to vomit, Hitori moves closer to the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nauseated for the round. Will spend my action to move to the position I'm currently at on the map.
    Initiative: (1d20)[15]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Lillisandra, round 1
    Show
    Lillisandra Moordaine
    F CN Drow Cleric, Level 1, Init 5, HP 10/10, DR SR 7 (6+LVL), Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0
    MW Rapier +4 (1d6, 18-20, x2)
    Hand Crossbow (20 bolts (Drow Poison x3)) +3 (1d4, 19-20, x2)
    Whip (Disarm, Nonlethal, Trip) +3 (1d3, x2)
    Breastplate, - Heavy Wooden Shield (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 7, Wis 17, Cha 13
    Condition Bless (once Aaron has acted): +1 attack, saves vs fear; 10 rounds
    (Seducer) Charm person: 1/1
    Touch of chaos: 6/6
    Dazing touch: 3/6
    Channel energy: 4/4

As the creatures emerge from their hiding places, Lillisandra sharply inhales. "It's them!" she hisses, alerting her companions. Steeled by expectation, and previous exposure to all manner of unsettling bodily functions, she shrugs off the worst of the projectile vomit- silently making mental note to burn this dress.

"That's how you want to play, is it?" she growls, as she prowls forward. "Afflosciarsi!" she cries a word out, and a brief flash of almost tangible concern washes over the room.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    5-foot step SW, still about 10' behind Hitori
    Cast bane: -1 penalty to attack rolls and saves vs fear effects to all the enemies (50-foot burst)- DC 14 will save negates
    Move action to ready my crossbow.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

The two vermin on the ground squeal as Hitori approaches, stepping forward to get in close combat with the knight. Their fangs don't seem very effective, and even if they manage to breach his armor with their oncoming attacks, you doubt they'll do any real damage. But, to their credit, they aren't backing away from the large spiked figure.

They don't respond nearly as well to Lillisandra's bane spell. Instead of blood-lust, the creatures react in what can only be described as abject horror. Eyes and veins bulging, their skin flaps begin to vibrate, and their cries reach a near feverish pitch of discord as most of their number fails to overcome the drow's magic. If there is anything else in this complex, it probably knows you are here.

When the creatures make their move, it is surprisingly coordinated, as one of them moves around Hitori to better set up their strikes against him. Meanwhile, one of the last grimples yet to fire off a column of vomit does so now, aiming at Aaron this time. While both of the melee attackers connect, their bites do little to damage the armored man, and the vomit completely misses Aaron, spattering the wall of the chamber several feet away.

Show
    I've updated the maps to reflect the enemies' positions. Two of them are flanking Hitori, so that's a +2 to counteract the -1 that one of them has. The first two are melee attacks against Hitori, and the last is a ranged touch against Aaron, which will induce nausea unless he beats a DC 11 Fortitude save.

Attack (vs. Hitori): (1d20+5)[19] for 1 damage ((1d20+5)[12] crit confirm)

Attack (vs. Hitori): (1d20+4)[24] for 1 damage ((1d20+4)[9] crit confirm)

Vomit (vs. Aaron): (1d20+2)[4] ranged touch, (1d4)[1] round duration

Everyone is now free to post, I'll resolve them in order before the enemies' next round.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-09-29 at 11:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

The knight glares down at the annoying gnats biting his legs. He reaches to draw his blade, eager to put them in their place, but a sickening sound from inside his armor stops him. He would need to get this cleaned...

Spoiler
    Show
    Hitori skips his action for the round.

28. - Top - End - #148

Eva wrinkles her nose at the disgusting creatures but to be fair to them they were the invaders and thus the creatures did not deserve death for defending there home. She was sure if she knocked them out and place them outside that they would get the message quickly then find a new home. Looking at the hapless knight she sighs and wades in to attack the one closest to her to ensure he doesn't get over run in his current condition.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    MURDER ROLL FOR THE SUN GODDESS! (1d20+6)[19]
    nonlethal damage (1d4+4)[7]
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Banned

The rising clamor followed by the appearance of what look like opossums crossed with flying squirrels settles the issue for Cynissa. They were the ones trying to scare the Silver Ravens off. They still want them gone. Their eye-watering attack proves that. Cynissa takes a breath to try and talk them down, but Lillisandra and Eva more or less foreclose that option. So instead, Cynissa exhales slowly, pushing the torchlight away from her. "If you don't want to get hit, or need to rest, come to me," she says. Whatever that trick is that Rexus used on the militia, she needs to learn it, soon.

Spoiler: Cynissa
    Show
    Cynissa Castillito
    Female CG tiefling transmuter, Level 1, Init 2, HP 7/7, Speed 20 ft.
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 0, Ref 2, Will 3, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    mwk cane +2 (1d6+1, x2)
    (+2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 19, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Condition None

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Use darkness spell-like ability on my stick. For 10 rounds, within 20 feet of me, the light level drops to dim, and anyone in the area gains 20% concealment.

Please hurry and dispatch these critters. All my other options are ineffective or lethal.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2015-09-29 at 01:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 2, Aaron's Status
    Show
    Aaron Tanessen
    Male Human Oracle, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 20 ft. (30 ft. base)
    AC 18, Touch 9, Flat-footed 17, CMD 15, Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 0, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Masterwork Longsword +5 (1d8+4, 19-20/x2)
    Masterwork Banded Mail, Shield Spike Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 16
    Condition Charge (+2 to hit, -2 AC)
    Tongues Curse (Infernal)

Aaron charges the strange, vomiting creature that tried to spew on him, crying out,

Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    "What are they?"

Drawing his longsword he brings it down on the disgusting enemy.

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Charge the grimple to the west of him, drawing his longsword in the process.
    MW Longsword (1d20+7)[15] attack, (1d20+7)[13] (19-20/x2), (1d8+4)[8] damage, (1d8+4)[10] critical damage