New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Hoping for crit, hoping for crit...
    I'd actually like it if they did something different, like a weapon with significant bonuses to channeling damage or something. That seems like it'd suit a katana-style weapon anyways; one hit, one kill.

Also, I noticed I had almost nobody from GitP on my friends list so I sent a some /f requests around. I might've missed someone, don't be afraid to hit me back.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I'd actually like it if they did something different, like a weapon with significant bonuses to channeling damage or something. That seems like it'd suit a katana-style weapon anyways; one hit, one kill.
    Not a bad idea, actually. I could go for that.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of Sorties, how's everyone's luck going?
    I have one Dera bit. ONE. It's all I want out of this thing, and progress is going kind of awful. I am sitting on a few lenses, though, which is kind of nice.
    I have had excellent luck for myself, though I'm finding Sorties highlighting issues that I wasn't aware of before, being more of a solo player. Enemy scaling is terrible in this game.
    I have enough lenses that I've put one on my Paris Prime, so I hope this does better in some Sorties, but the 90-100 enemies are very annoying to me.

Do you need a Blueprint? I have one, if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So, Lenses. I've gotten 3 from sorties so far (2 Vazarin and 1 Unairu). I was wondering if anyone here had any Unairu that they'd take a Vazarin for. Trying to make a greater Unairu Lens.
    I will keep Unairu ones in the future that I get if that would be useful for you. I'm currently trading any lenses that I get for Naramon ones so I can upgrade all of my favourite equipment. (I don't want to farm focus. Maybe I'm lazy, but I'd rather let it just accumulate.)
    ...this will take some time...
    I've also managed to sell off some weapon parts, though it seems demand has fallen for some of them significantly.

Also, I noticed I had almost nobody from GitP on my friends list so I sent a some /f requests around. I might've missed someone, don't be afraid to hit me back.
    I'd like something like this too. I like the weapon variety in this game, so different mechanics would be welcome!

Thank you for the friend request. ^.^
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Thumbs down Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

I'm 200 Plat away from getting the Hunlow bundle.

Which aside from war gives me so some unique cosmetics, so I find it appealing to grind up for it.

As a result, I'm heavily inclined to selling all of the junk I've been collecting.

Is there anything you guys want to buy?

I've got Prismatic weapons.
    Moon vault mods for 5 Plat each except for Speed which I don't have.
    Lots of prime junk, including items currently in the prime vault
    Some mods like copies of defiled snapdragon.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-12-14 at 06:41 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I have had excellent luck for myself, though I'm finding Sorties highlighting issues that I wasn't aware of before, being more of a solo player. Enemy scaling is terrible in this game.
    I have enough lenses that I've put one on my Paris Prime, so I hope this does better in some Sorties, but the 90-100 enemies are very annoying to me.

Do you need a Blueprint? I have one, if you want it.
    It's mostly the armor scaling. Non-armored enemies are manageable even at massive levels, but armored enemies without liberal application of 4 Corrosive Projections tend to reach the stratosphere in terms of durability fairly soon after level 100 (this is because of the classic problem of armor being a multiplier while the other health types scale additively; thus the quadratic scaling of armor + health vastly outpaces the other types of defensive scaling making armored enemies orders of magnitude more durable).

This is actually one of the primary limiting factors in long T4S solo runs; past 60 mins, enemy levels begin to get so high that killing the armored ones is too slow to maintain life support. Of course, some things such as Abating Link and Bladestorm can bypass these issues somewhat, and there's always the stacking of Corrosive Procs but that gets rather slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post

Which aside from war gives me so some unique cosmetics, so I find it appealing to grind up for it.

As a result, I'm heavily inclined to selling all of the junk I've been collecting.

I'd be on board with buying the drifts. I have Power and Coaction Drift (too bad you lack Speed, that's one I really want), I could use the other 5. Given the lack of Speed, that'd give us 4 to trade. I probably won't have the time to get them manually any time soon so getting a bunch in one trade would make my life a lot easier.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-14 at 08:10 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #336

Kobold

It's mostly the armor scaling. Non-armored enemies are manageable even at massive levels, but armored enemies without liberal application of 4 Corrosive Projections tend to reach the stratosphere in terms of durability fairly soon after level 100 (this is because of the classic problem of armor being a multiplier while the other health types scale additively; thus the quadratic scaling of armor + health vastly outpaces the other types of defensive scaling making armored enemies orders of magnitude more durable).

This is actually one of the primary limiting factors in long T4S solo runs; past 60 mins, enemy levels begin to get so high that killing the armored ones is too slow to maintain life support. Of course, some things such as Abating Link and Bladestorm can bypass these issues somewhat, and there's always the stacking of Corrosive Procs but that gets rather slow.

I'd be on board with buying the drifts. I have Power and Coaction Drift (too bad you lack Speed, that's one I really want), I could use the other 5. Given the lack of Speed, that'd give us 4 to trade. I probably won't have the time to get them manually any time soon so getting a bunch in one trade would make my life a lot easier.
    Sweet. When do you want to set up a meet up?

I'm going to be online for much of tommorrow. Right now, it's around 8PM Central time for me, in case we need to adjust for timezones.

Oh and if you have Mag, Corpus get EASIER once the Shield scaling starts overtaking the health scaling.

You're gonna want atleast one Corrosive Projection for Grineer though, especially if the Sortie is Augmented Armor.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-12-14 at 08:59 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally got all the parts for valkyr. Took 20+ tries, a couple threats to RNGesus, and possibly a blood sacrifice but I'm now building Valkitty.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, the Polycount winners have been announced. I don't really care about the helmets (though the lack of the Talos Volt helmet kinda makes me sad), but I am SO DISAPPOINTED in the choices of weapon skins. No Orthos or Kronen skins (especially aggravated about the latter, there were some really good submissions), and THREE Infested themed skins as the winners for the Galatine, Skana, and Jat Kittag.

Really, DE? Could we have gotten a little variety here? I actually like the Noxious Jat Kittag, but the Infested Skana is basically the Mire, and the Claymire Galatine is... just not very good. I was ready to shell out on the Grineer Galatine on Day 1, and even considering that I liked the Noxious Jat Kittag, there were better skins (the one modeled on a Grineer head comes to mind).

We could have done so much BETTER here, guys.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-15 at 09:31 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Firbolg in the Playground

Salty much over some cosmetics that are largely not that good overall (hell even the recent "official" skins have been bad, last good one was Saryn) Two of the Mag helms look ok but the "anthro" one is terrible. Could not care less about the rest of the stuff as i have better skins existing for all of the things in those category or prefer the normal skin.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Salty much over some cosmetics that are largely not that good overall (hell even the recent "official" skins have been bad, last good one was Saryn) Two of the Mag helms look ok but the "anthro" one is terrible. Could not care less about the rest of the stuff as i have better skins existing for all of the things in those category or prefer the normal skin.
    That's the point, though; there WAS good stuff in there, items I would have gladly paid money for. DE instead selected some of the least appealing skins. Plus, I kind of HATE the Galatine's default skin, and would have gladly paid for the Grineer version as a replacement. That thing looked GREAT. But, no, DE decided the crappy 2 handed Mire would go up for sale instead.

EDIT: Also, Saryn was the second-most recent official skin (third if you count the currently unreleased Loki skin). So, the Palatine is the only crap one to have come out recently. Not a bad record, and I'm actually fond of the Palatine stuff, so that doesn't even stand against them to me.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-15 at 12:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341

Sweet. When do you want to set up a meet up?
    We can try Wednesday. I live in EET timezone (+2 UTC) so earlier times for you are probably the only possible ones for me. Right now I'm kinda occupied by a 500page book I have to read for tomorrow, so I'm unlike to be online before tomorrow; let's try and arrange something then.

12. - Top - End - #342

Kobold

We can try Wednesday. I live in EET timezone (+2 UTC) so earlier times for you are probably the only possible ones for me. Right now I'm kinda occupied by a 500page book I have to read for tomorrow, so I'm unlike to be online before tomorrow; let's try and arrange something then.
    I'm... eight hours behind you, so, uh what time your time you feel is best then?

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

I still don't have Rage.
    Do you have a spare?

That said, it seems like our timezones don't match up very well at all.

Ugh, now you mention it, yeah. The past two days' Sorties enemies haven't been near as annoying.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

14. - Top - End - #344
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's the point, though; there WAS good stuff in there, items I would have gladly paid money for. DE instead selected some of the least appealing skins. Plus, I kind of HATE the Galatine's default skin, and would have gladly paid for the Grineer version as a replacement. That thing looked GREAT. But, no, DE decided the crappy 2 handed Mire would go up for sale instead.

EDIT: Also, Saryn was the second-most recent official skin (third if you count the currently unreleased Loki skin). So, the Palatine is the only crap one to have come out recently. Not a bad record, and I'm actually fond of the Palatine stuff, so that doesn't even stand against them to me.
    Your opinions on what looks good doesn't need to mesh with what DE likes, im sure people will buy them none the less. I have a friend who bought the Syndanna from the first wave and while i dont like its looks he loves it

Valkyrs Skin is not that good and i regret buying it. Don't really like Loki (not even sure how long i'll keep Loki prime since i have Ivara now and she does stealth better than loki) so its forth coming skin i wont be guying anyway but looks bad
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Pissed at DE now.

Playing the DSD (Seimeni) at Ceres, right under Draco and stalky boy shows up. Excited since I have a strong group, we proceed to kill him. His drop get's stuck in an accessible, yet not entirely practical area. No biggie. Except he shows up at wave 5, and I don't manage to get the drop, whatever it was, before the timer kicks in. I choose to stay so I can get the drop, and my group extracts. No biggie. I can handle some stupid infested, I have a Tonkor. Host Migration kicks in, and when I spawn back in, not only is the Stalker Drop kcufing GONE, but mobs aren't spawning, so I had to abort the mission, depriving myself of my primary intent to be there, which is the sweet, sweet credits. Goddammit DE.

So not only did I miss one of the rarest enemies and a most likely nice item, I lose out on +20k credits and any other drops.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

I know I've already complained about the sortie drop table, but JEEZ.

So far I've gotten 2 EACH of the Karak Barrel, Reciever, and Stock, and today a second of the only Dera part I already got.

So hey, anyone want a Dera Barrel or Karak part in exchange for any of the other Dera parts?
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I know I've already complained about the sortie drop table, but JEEZ.

So far I've gotten 2 EACH of the Karak Barrel, Reciever, and Stock, and today a second of the only Dera part I already got.

So hey, anyone want a Dera Barrel or Karak part in exchange for any of the other Dera parts?
    At least you haven't ONLY gotten worthless lenses. RNG absolutely hates me.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    At least you haven't ONLY gotten worthless lenses. RNG absolutely hates me.
    How worthless?

Because you can sell those for a,profit or alot them in all your gear.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

How worthless?

Because you can sell those for a,profit or alot them in all your gear.
    I've only gotten vazarin lenses. I think I also got some fusion cores. Once.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-12-16 at 11:07 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

OH WOW

So, Keledrath got the second of the two Dera Vandal bits I didn't have yesterday, and gave them to me. I just pulled my Dera Vandal off of the workbench, made entirely of parts given to me by other people. What do I get today from the Sortie?

DERA VANDAL BARREL.

LITERALLY THE FIRST DERA VANDAL PIECE I'VE GOTTEN FROM A SORTIE.

I'M NOW GETTING DERA PARTS AFTER I'VE BUILT THE DAMN THING.

WHAT THE HELL?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-16 at 01:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

I'll take it if you don't want it
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I'll take it if you don't want it
    Pretty sure you already have a Dera Vandal Barrel, man :/

If you don't, sure, take it. I don't need it.

23. - Top - End - #353

Kobold

So, now we know why Nehzia is so seemingly easy to obtain. She's a Sortie reward.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #354

So, now we know why Nehzia is so seemingly easy to obtain. She's a Sortie reward.
    ...wonderful. By the way, shall we trade?

EDIT: Thanks!
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-16 at 05:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355

Kobold

UGH!

Why do Grineer Spy sorties have to be so damn ridiculously hard. One wrong move and you lose flatout

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #356

UGH!

Why do Grineer Spy sorties have to be so damn ridiculously hard. One wrong move and you lose flatout
    If you want it easy, just walk through 'em with Loki. They have no stealth detectors and you can switch teleport through the magnetic barriers with Decoy if need be.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

I need more Orokin Catalysts, but I haven't seen any alerts that drop them recently, so my Soma Prime is stuck without multishot. I also need to get punch through to make it actually good for damag against realistically anything.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

I need more Orokin Catalysts, but I haven't seen any alerts that drop them recently, so my Soma Prime is stuck without multishot. I also need to get punch through to make it actually good for damag against realistically anything.
    One good trick is farming prime parts complete with some trading, get prime sets and sell those. This'll get you enough platinum to fund your potato use. I find the alerts too rare to rely on, and they're only 20 plat each.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Barbarian in the Playground

Finally got all the parts for valkyr. Took 20+ tries, a couple threats to RNGesus, and possibly a blood sacrifice but I'm now building Valkitty.
    Think of it this way: "At least I won't need to farm for Neural Sensors for a long, long time."
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

One good trick is farming prime parts complete with some trading, get prime sets and sell those. This'll get you enough platinum to fund your potato use. I find the alerts too rare to rely on, and they're only 20 plat each.
    Even the invasions only rarely have taters, which sucks, but I guess farming prime parts might work. I have a couple (mostly junk) sitting around that I was gonna turn to ducats, but I might have some parts of value. I'd have to check.

EDIT: Thanks DE. Game froze with 45 seconds left on the Energy Siphon Alert timer, while I was in the mission.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-12-17 at 12:43 PM.
    Show