New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

So. Some of you may remember my jubilation at receiving a 75% off Platinum coupon not too long ago. Yeah. I got another one. Now, since I still have THOUSANDS of plat left from when I got it the first time, I decided that, if anyone trusts me enough to do this, I'd offer to buy some for someone if they sent the money to my Steam account and I could then give it to them in game.

I wouldn't actually be getting anything out of this deal, I just don't want a 75% off coupon to go to waste.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Even the invasions only rarely have taters, which sucks, but I guess farming prime parts might work. I have a couple (mostly junk) sitting around that I was gonna turn to ducats, but I might have some parts of value. I'd have to check.
    It would be rather unlikely for random stuff to contain much of value: it's the rare ones that are usually valuable. T1 parts are as a rule pretty common and almost never go for over 10p each (because a lot of players run T1 missions) - Volt P Systems is the only exception I can think of. For most of 'em you'd be lucky to get 5p. Rare drops from particularly T3-4 and some T2 missions, and particularly the C-rotations of endless missions tend to be extra valuable. Ash P Systems can still go for 70p easily, which I think is the most expensive single part right now (it drops from T3 Survival C-rotation).

Off the top of my head, stuff you can easily get over 20p each for: Ash P BP & Systems; Loki P Systems & Chassis; Rhino P BP (Chassis & Helm are borderline); Soma P Receiver, Stock & Barrel; Boltor P BP (Barrel is borderline); Trinity P Chassis, Systems & BP; Nova P Systems & Chassis; Volt P Chassis & Systems (BP is borderline); Nyx P Chassis; Carrier P Carapace & Cerebrum; Scindo P Blade; Bo P Handle; Odonata P Wings. Not sure about current Frost P prices since it was only recently reintroduced and I haven't sold any since. BP and Systems should be particularly rare tho, since they were the rare pieces last time and there's still a decent stock of Chassis and Helms going around. Not sure of the Kavasa P prices either.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-17 at 09:52 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

At least you haven't ONLY gotten worthless lenses. RNG absolutely hates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    How worthless?

Because you can sell those for a,profit or alot them in all your gear.
    People seem to still be swapping most lenses for others, but I have only got one Vazarin Lens and it was early, so it was easily traded for the one I wanted.
    Since Greater Lenses were placed in the Market at 40p each, lens prices crashed to ~8p each.

That said, Trade Chat is not very user friendly in my opinion and I hope the trading relay improves.

So, now we know why Nehzia is so seemingly easy to obtain. She's a Sortie reward.
    I hope he doesn't dilute the drop table forever, but the wording on the patch notes is not clear to me whether he's always a reward or will be coming and going in future reward pools. Looking at trade chat (I saw parts selling for 30-50p down from 80-100p first day) I think he'll be very cheap soon. I do not think this was very well implemented at all.
    It is a little sad. I think the fact most of the rewards in this game rely on RNG is lame enough, putting a Warframe behind RNG and one chance per 24hrs behind missions that could take a very long time to complete because bullet sponges is going to frustrate some people a lot if they want to get him by themselves without trading.

UGH!

Why do Grineer Spy sorties have to be so damn ridiculously hard. One wrong move and you lose flatout
    I dislike some of them, though haven't had as much trouble actually getting to the computer. Sentries are much more difficult to deal with than cameras ime. What always gets me is the 3 mistakes then you fail and must try again with the Grineer hacking. My frame rate isn't good enough to reliably solve those. /skipped the Sortie for that day coz screw that noise

Even the invasions only rarely have taters, which sucks, but I guess farming prime parts might work. I have a couple (mostly junk) sitting around that I was gonna turn to ducats, but I might have some parts of value. I'd have to check.

EDIT: Thanks DE. Game froze with 45 seconds left on the Energy Siphon Alert timer, while I was in the mission.
    I have run out of Orokin Catalysts (Blue Potatoes) already too. :/
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I've just started working on my Dera Vandal (had to finish leveling my Lanka after putting a Forma into it), and put a Heavy Caliber on it. Good God, that thing hits the Dera HARD. Never got to see it before since my Dera stopped seeing consistent use long before I got a Heavy Caliber, but I'm actually kind of horrified.

Considering that this thing is hardly going to be top-DPS-need-to-minmax anyways, I may skip the Heavy Caliber and put a Piercing Caliber on instead.

So, anyone have any luck with their first go at a Nezha part? I got a Naramon lens, but I need those, so it's all good.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

5. - Top - End - #365
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I hope he doesn't dilute the drop table forever, but the wording on the patch notes is not clear to me whether he's always a reward or will be coming and going in future reward pools.
    From 18.1.0 Build Notes by DE Adam

Please Note: Nezha parts obtained from Sorties are tradeable, and will be a permanent reward from Sorties in the future.
    So its going to be the Oberon, build up a stockpile of random parts and then sell them for credits
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-12-18 at 08:58 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So its going to be the Oberon, build up a stockpile of random parts and then sell them for credits
    Or Plat. Remember, they're tradable. And people will probably pay at least a small Plat price to avoid a large one. I've seen a few people on Reddit already claim that they've made 40-60p or so off of Nezha bits.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-18 at 09:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    So, I've just started working on my Dera Vandal (had to finish leveling my Lanka after putting a Forma into it), and put a Heavy Caliber on it. Good God, that thing hits the Dera HARD. Never got to see it before since my Dera stopped seeing consistent use long before I got a Heavy Caliber, but I'm actually kind of horrified.

Considering that this thing is hardly going to be top-DPS-need-to-minmax anyways, I may skip the Heavy Caliber and put a Piercing Caliber on instead.

So, anyone have any luck with their first go at a Nezha part? I got a Naramon lens, but I need those, so it's all good.
    I scored a Nezha Helmet today - I'm thinking of seeing how much the other pieces go for in the trade chat after tomorrow's Sorties. I somehow doubt I'll be lucky enough to see a Chassis and a Systems in neat order (got Dera V Barrel yesterday), but this is already a start.

I'll have to say, the level 100 Elemental Resistance Corpus is surprisingly annoying; Mag can't actually blow 'em all up and most of the good AOE weapons have no physical components so they're rather resilient and taking out the multidirectional masses takes quite a while (damaging WF powers don't do much). I used Mirage/SSimulor, which allowed me to bruteforce it, but I had to finish off the elemental-immune Eximi with my leveling Galatine (admittedly by first blinding them and buffed by both, Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse, it wasn't so bad). I can only imagine what a pain it would be if such a sortie would occur with an enemy faction not made of paper - though you could just CC and finish 'em off with time anyways.

I've been starting to think of modding some weapons for use in such alerts specifically; while not proper AOE, Vaykor Hek looks sort of promising. Vaykor Hek in particular being already crit weapon only needs few actual damage mods so the opportunity cost of modding it purely for physical is really low - it hits almost 50k sustained DPS raw even then; 30k vs. protoshields which should be sufficient. Here is a quick build I threw together. It's annoying so few shotguns have good crit tho; makes modding them purely for physical damage difficult. The only other shotgun with decent crit is Boar Prime, and it has other problems right now.

Dread, Rakta Cernos and Paris Prime can obviously pull it off quite well too but I doubt their utility against principally mass-composed enemy forces (and Rakta Cernos's Impact is really suboptimal if the physical damage is actually meant to be doing the killing). Convectrix looks sort of interesting with its wide-area sweeping potential & heavily Slash-biased base but the damage leaves something to be desired. Secondary-wise, Sonicor is of course easy to mod for pure Impact but given that thing does next to no damage to start with, that feels sort of pointless. Other than that, I can't think of much; most of the physical secondaries have split damage types and the few that don't have no crit.

Melee has it easy of course thanks to the plethora of mod options and a huge number of weapons focused on Slash or Impact (Puncture, not so much) but ultimately I'd rather first kill the big masses at a range than rely entirely on melee.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I scored a Nezha Helmet today - I'm thinking of seeing how much the other pieces go for in the trade chat after tomorrow's Sorties. I somehow doubt I'll be lucky enough to see a Chassis and a Systems in neat order (got Dera V Barrel yesterday), but this is already a start.

I'll have to say, the level 100 Elemental Resistance Corpus is surprisingly annoying; Mag can't actually blow 'em all up and most of the good AOE weapons have no physical components so they're rather resilient and taking out the multidirectional masses takes quite a while (damaging WF powers don't do much). I used Mirage/SSimulor, which allowed me to bruteforce it, but I had to finish off the elemental-immune Eximi with my leveling Galatine (admittedly by first blinding them and buffed by both, Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse, it wasn't so bad). I can only imagine what a pain it would be if such a sortie would occur with an enemy faction not made of paper - though you could just CC and finish 'em off with time anyways.

I've been starting to think of modding some weapons for use in such alerts specifically; while not proper AOE, Vaykor Hek looks sort of promising. Vaykor Hek in particular being already crit weapon only needs few actual damage mods so the opportunity cost of modding it purely for physical is really low - it hits almost 50k sustained DPS raw even then; 30k vs. protoshields which should be sufficient. Here is a quick build I threw together. It's annoying so few shotguns have good crit tho; makes modding them purely for physical damage difficult. The only other shotgun with decent crit is Boar Prime, and it has other problems right now.

Dread, Rakta Cernos and Paris Prime can obviously pull it off quite well too but I doubt their utility against principally mass-composed enemy forces (and Rakta Cernos's Impact is really suboptimal if the physical damage is actually meant to be doing the killing). Convectrix looks sort of interesting with its wide-area sweeping potential & heavily Slash-biased base but the damage leaves something to be desired. Secondary-wise, Sonicor is of course easy to mod for pure Impact but given that thing does next to no damage to start with, that feels sort of pointless. Other than that, I can't think of much; most of the physical secondaries have split damage types and the few that don't have no crit.

Melee has it easy of course thanks to the plethora of mod options and a huge number of weapons focused on Slash or Impact (Puncture, not so much) but ultimately I'd rather first kill the big masses at a range than rely entirely on melee.
    Not a bad plan, though we absolutely do need at least one AOE weapon with a physical base. I've had an idea for a Puncture based "splinter bomb" poking around for a while, something like that would do wonders for the Elemental Resistance missions.

Of course, the Physical Resistance missions are pretty much the exact opposite - my Tonkor cuts through those like a hot knife through butter, same as usual :D

Lucky you on the helmet, too - today's Sortie gave me an Unairu Lens. With that, the lens I'm least likely to actually use is the one that will be my first Greater Lens. Who should I put it on? For the thematic match, I'm thinking Rhino (Unairu's the defensive one, right?).

EDIT: Worth noting on the bows that with them, you have a selection of different physicals at your disposal - making a purely physical build for each of them would allow you to bring the best physical for any given faction.

EDIT 2: Not a lot of options with Puncture melee, no, but some of the options we do have are quite good - the Boltace, for example.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-18 at 01:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a bad plan, though we absolutely do need at least one AOE weapon with a physical base. I've had an idea for a Puncture based "splinter bomb" poking around for a while, something like that would do wonders for the Elemental Resistance missions.

Of course, the Physical Resistance missions are pretty much the exact opposite - my Tonkor cuts through those like a hot knife through butter, same as usual :D

Lucky you on the helmet, too - today's Sortie gave me an Unairu Lens. With that, the lens I'm least likely to actually use is the one that will be my first Greater Lens. Who should I put it on? For the thematic match, I'm thinking Rhino (Unairu's the defensive one, right?).

EDIT: Worth noting on the bows that with them, you have a selection of different physicals at your disposal - making a purely physical build for each of them would allow you to bring the best physical for any given faction.

EDIT 2: Not a lot of options with Puncture melee, no, but some of the options we do have are quite good - the Boltace, for example.
    The Drakgoon is a AOE Physical, but it's kinda bad...

I think going punch through/status chance on Tigris could work. It has enough damage that it can one hit a lot of high-level enemies, and is the highest base physical damage gun in the game I believe. So having Slash Procs activate, dealing 35% base damage a tick over six seconds as finisher would help clear out a lot of enemies.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Drakgoon is a AOE Physical, but it's kinda bad...

I think going punch through/status chance on Tigris could work. It has enough damage that it can one hit a lot of high-level enemies, and is the highest base physical damage gun in the game I believe. So having Slash Procs activate, dealing 35% base damage a tick over six seconds as finisher would help clear out a lot of enemies.
    Wrong type of AOE, sadly - we're talking about the explosives. Tonkor, Penta, Ogris, Simulor - that's the kind of AOE we're looking for. The Drakgoon just has wide spread.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Wrong type of AOE, sadly - we're talking about the explosives. Tonkor, Penta, Ogris, Simulor - that's the kind of AOE we're looking for. The Drakgoon just has wide spread.
    Now, now. It also has terrible damage.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Now, now. It also has terrible damage.
    Well, Drakgoon is not Vay Hek but terrible is a bit of an overstatement: it still doubles Soma Prime DPS-wise at close ranges. But yeah, the whole reason for my modding was to work on the anti-mass functionality of Vay Hek too: punchthrough plus Vicious Spread enables it to hit a bit of a larger area and penetrate enemy formations. The only downside is that I'd rather prefer a Slash weapon than a Puncture weapon for general use. For armor you can use Corrosive Projections and Slash has bonus vs. Cloned Flesh, all Infested & Corpus Flesh. It also has the best proc of the 3 base damage types, and no penalties vs. shields. Overall, Slash is just the best as long as armor can be removed.

But it's hard to mod Sancti Tigris in a satisfactory manner. This was the best I could come up with and especially with the Heat-damage being wasted vs. some opponents, it's still far from comparable. I tried Tactical Pump instead of Blaze but it wasn't really better; just the 60% base damage is still pretty good in this build, and the Heat does something. This is in part why Convectrix would sorta interest me.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    So. Some of you may remember my jubilation at receiving a 75% off Platinum coupon not too long ago. Yeah. I got another one. Now, since I still have THOUSANDS of plat left from when I got it the first time, I decided that, if anyone trusts me enough to do this, I'd offer to buy some for someone if they sent the money to my Steam account and I could then give it to them in game.

I wouldn't actually be getting anything out of this deal, I just don't want a 75% off coupon to go to waste.
    No takers on this? It expires before I get home from work tomorrow, so if anyone wants to get in on it you gotta say something and be on for the exchange before I go to bed tonight.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

No takers on this? It expires before I get home from work tomorrow, so if anyone wants to get in on it you gotta say something and be on for the exchange before I go to bed tonight.
    I'd take it... if I was able to afford it right now.

Tough for both of us eh?

Also, I just bought War. And I actually quite like it since I got all of the cosmetics. Worth it.

Now I just need to get a Scimatar since it looks so badass
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #375

Well, got to test the Vay Hek vs. level 100 Infested in the Infested Interception Sortie today and I gotta say, it does some work but certainly missing proper AOE. Then again, my teammates were doing like 4% damage each (one smartass came with Ember Prime plus Quanta so he was pure elemental vs elemental resistant level 100s, and the other one had like Nova and leveling Amprex) so that might have contributed a bit to the whole too - the only reason we even won was 'cause the Infested suck at capping, and we never managed to finish the clean-up. I can only imagine how it would've went in a Defense (spam Prism, take a year to clean up) or Survival (life support ends in like 10 mins 'cause no enemies are killed). Thankfully Interception is forgiving.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-19 at 08:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

(one smartass came with Ember Prime
    I did the interception with an Ember Prime, on a max range don't care about damage firequake build. 100% chance of knocking guys down with my 4? Yes please.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

17. - Top - End - #377

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    I did the interception with an Ember Prime, on a max range don't care about damage firequake build. 100% chance of knocking guys down with my 4? Yes please.
    That's true, there are certainly ways to build Ember that would've made her useful here, but that was not this Ember. This Ember was some sort of a damage build in a mission where enemies are nigh' immune to her damage. CC was no problem though; Prism Blind and MPrime are pretty good for dealing with Infested. Again, luckily it was Interception. Otherwise we would've had trouble with me being the only one able to actually kill the enemies (particularly in Survival).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-19 at 10:57 AM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

I tried it with my Excal and ran Tonbo/Soma Prime and spammed Radial Blind for that damage bonus. Still not enough damage, TBH.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

THIRD UNAIRU LENS IN A ROW WOOHOO

I'm not even gonna USE these things that much. At least give me Naramon lenses, DE :/

20. - Top - End - #380

I managed a second Nezha Helmet today, which I traded for Nezha Chassis. Now just the hard part: apparently Nezha Systems are rare and they go for ~100+ plat on the trade chat. I'd rather not pay half the frame's store price (complete with a slot and a potato) for a single part, but given its droprate, I somehow doubt my chances of getting it the oldfashioned way. Luckily I have Ivara to Forma so Nezha is not in such a hurry.

Also, my recent Hieracon runs have had me encounter an intriguing phenomenon. As a bit of a background, I've been playing a bit of Hieracon (Pluto DS Excavation) to rebuild my dwindled Cryotic stocks (after funding 70% of my clan's Knux research, I've never been over 20k), to get some R5 Cores (I just finished Primed Target Cracker today) and to rebuild my T3/4 keystock. I've thus combined the various daily grinds and ground my daily focus there. I've however also come to like it as a leveling place for the very same reasons. In short, this is the first time in about one and a half years that I've been playing Public endless missions beyond just opening starmap nodes/alerts. Now, the experiences I've had:
    If I'm Focus grinding (Mirage + SSimulor), I usually get to do ~70-80% of the damage and have to pretty much mostly take responsibility for the safety of the Extractors. Nobody complains, of course (though some want to extract way before there's any need to), but the people bringing their A-gear very rarely actually ensure the safety of the Extractors or wipe out masses to the extent you'd optimally have to in order to ensure the ~20 extractor runs, and more than once I've had people just semi-afk running around somewhere away from everything without contributing.

However, if I'm leveling, it's all too common that at least one guy quits after first extractor (yes, quits, does not extract; I have a hard time seeing the purpose here). At least once I've been called "MR21 noob who brings all leveling gear to a core farm mission" - fair enough, except my leveling gear is still plenty to take care of one enemy direction for the first ~10 extractors, it's a public mission that's in no way labelled "core farm" (indeed, it's arguable whether it's more time-efficient for Cores than many Interceptions due to the mere 25% drop chance), and 4 players with my equipment would still have no problem holding the Extractors if everyone were playing to that end.

This makes me wonder a couple of things:
    - Why would you ever semi-afk and run away from the strategic points instead of sitting near the extractors and at least trying to contribute? This just doesn't make sense to me; it costs you the same amount of time either way but by playing you can level stuff, get more rewards on average, and everyone else is less likely to sabotage you. Overall, the cost - benefit analysis just doesn't seem to support such behavior and thus it doesn't even make sense for a selfish player, and it doesn't seem especially fun either.
    - Since when have public missions had a label on what you're allowed to do there? I thought that's what Recruitment and group creation was for.
    - Why would people quit game if they don't get a 60 min team? It seems like they'll still get less than they would by playing the mission and extracting after a breakpoint. In fact, the opportunity cost for starting a mission, doing ~8-10 rounds and leaving is almost nil. In particular, I see an awful lot of Frosts who join and unless they get like Mirage/Equinox or something, leave. This just doesn't seem efficient to me given that the extractors are strictly time-bound and thus the team efficiency contributes fairly little to the actual gains (aside from teammate affinity, which doesn't even count towards Focus, so someone bringing full gear has no use for it).
    - Am I just unlucky or are all the other Focus farmers doing the stealth farm? I see precious few people actually actively trying to kill everything in there.
    - Does this happen in other missions too? I have little experience of pubs; is there actually a significant amount of people who have their own self-imposed sets of rules that they expect everyone to follow? Recruitment and premades have clearly distorted my view.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-20 at 05:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

- Does this happen in other missions too? I have little experience of pubs; is there actually a significant amount of people who have their own self-imposed sets of rules that they expect everyone to follow? Recruitment and premades have clearly distorted my view.
    Yeah, pubbies can really be that bad. I can never get a group to stay more than one extractor if I don't bring "optimal" gear. I had one guy complain about my usual build because the presence of the Venka indicated that I "wasn't taking this seriously." I'm not taking the game overly seriously, but my Twin Grakatas, Tonkor and Ash Prime could have handled anything the game could have thrown at us with no trouble. Why worry about my choice of melee weapon, which is more thematic than anything?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-12-20 at 11:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

I usually play pubs and I almost never get asshats, to be honest.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone else almost always need to drag their team kicking and screaming through the sorties, or is it just me? Even when I get a team through recruiting by the end of the mission it's very often clear that they wouldn't have made it without someone on my level.

People say Mag makes Corpus fights too easy. I say if I don't bring Mag to those sorties, no one's making it out alive. Yesterday's Interception one of my team mates got 5 kills. A couple days ago, I was doing the third Sortie, Grineer Interception, someone quit halfway through and another was Mag. Glad my other team mate knew what he was doing because we basically did it with just the two of us.

I am B.
    Are you B?

24. - Top - End - #384

Does anyone else almost always need to drag their team kicking and screaming through the sorties, or is it just me? Even when I get a team through recruiting by the end of the mission it's very often clear that they wouldn't have made it without someone on my level.

People say Mag makes Corpus fights too easy. I say if I don't bring Mag to those sorties, no one's making it out alive. Yesterday's Interception one of my team mates got 5 kills. A couple days ago, I was doing the third Sortie, Grineer Interception, someone quit halfway through and another was Mag. Glad my other team mate knew what he was doing because we basically did it with just the two of us.
    Shoulders...so...tired.

I definitely have experienced what you have, though not almost always.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #385

Finally got around to doing Loki farms for Focus; 20 mins for full Focus is rather painless (I used Albedo - Ceres (Deception)), though it's easy to get carried away and play way beyond the limit.

Also, cooked up something new to use in high level Grineer/Infested Energy Damage Resistance Sorties. Alas, it's still a Puncture weapon but at least Opticor has pretty decent AOE and the build basically builds itself; nothing is lost converting it to physical damage. As a bonus, it fits on the normal elemental 4 V, 3 dash setup.

26. - Top - End - #386

Bleh. Another day and another sortie i wont be doing. Haven't done one since i came back from break as they all have a *(&%&$ Spy mission in them somewhere
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Bleh. Another day and another sortie i wont be doing. Haven't done one since i came back from break as they all have a *(&%&$ Spy mission in them somewhere
    Hm, do you have Loki, Ash or Ivara? I usually just take Loki with Duration build (though Ivara or Ash works too of course) often shooting 0 enemies throughout the mission. It's pretty much a walk in the parkway if you don't have to worry about cameras/enemies/sensor drones. Though sometimes I do have to kill Nullifiers or Combas/Scrambuses by the Vaults; to that end I do find Hushed Invisibility quite useful. Of course, an invisible frame isn't necessary but it does give you a massive margin for error. Or, do you have a different problem with the game mode?

For those running without invisibility: The Grineer Sensor Regulators only detect targets with their optical sensors (the lightbeams they emit) so you can get around them by just avoiding those. They don't seem to have noise detectors either. Also, some of the magnetic barriers don't actually trigger the data destruction. Corpus cameras similarly have a limited field of vision and can be destroyed with no repercussions by just about any weapon (just be careful of enemies triggering alarms if you use weapons that make noise).

By the way, for anyone looking to do today's runs, Opticor is apparently an assault rifle: nice for reliable one-shot stopping power.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-12-29 at 09:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

I don't like spy missions in general and when i do have to do them for what ever reason i can cipher my way through, not so in a sortie where a mistake at one means you may aswell scrap the entire mission and start again, tried them with random groups and that's just asking for trouble 9 times out of 10 and then that 10th where it all works the game "disconnects from the host" and you lose anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #389
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Any Spy mission involving Corpus security is an autocake walk if you use Limbo.

Like, his whole shtick is basically ignore all laser security. Doesn't work so well in Grineer spy since you can't destroy the camera bots as easily...

As a result, Corpus spy Sorties are so easy I just go autopilot.

Grineer spy though is brutally painful
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-12-30 at 12:06 AM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Some of you have mentioned going on crafting binges before. I wonder, has anyone else ever been building 6 frames at once? I'm currently in the process of doing the Mirage quest (finally) while I have Saryn, Trinity, Mag, Rhino, and Valkyr all under construction...

Incidentally, I dusted off Excalibur for the first time in probably over a year (since before he got changed in that patch whenever that was), and wow. I mean, sure, a big part of it is that I have much better mods now, but I had no idea he was such a powerhouse.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.