New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Incidentally, I dusted off Excalibur for the first time in probably over a year (since before he got changed in that patch whenever that was), and wow. I mean, sure, a big part of it is that I have much better mods now, but I had no idea he was such a powerhouse.
    No, that's not your mods, that's the rework. Took him from the "I keep this around because starter frame" to "I main this bro on my titular build, and he's inspired a variant of my main character."
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

I didn't play it before the reword but i just found the scalybra to be rather bland. The one good thing i did like was Radial blind and then meleeing.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

He had a "super jump" thing (that was a weaker jump than the standard double jump that everyone gets now) instead of the energy sword.

And yeah, it's kind of boring to tap the 4 button and then spend an hour spamming melee nonstop while you farm survival missions, but damn it's effective.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

And yeah, it's kind of boring to tap the 4 button and then spend an hour spamming melee nonstop while you farm survival missions, but damn it's effective.
    You say boring, I say highly enjoyable. Especially compared to before, when it was "stand in the middle of the map and press 4 repeatedly to Radial Javelin everything to death"
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #395

The who thing is bland, looks and playstyle. I already had a Melee focused frame that i highly enjoy (more since i got a copy of Eternal War) so i didn't see a need for a bland alternative.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The who thing is bland, looks and playstyle. I already had a Melee focused frame that i highly enjoy (more since i got a copy of Eternal War) so i didn't see a need for a bland alternative.
    Well I am that guy who always plays a human swordsman/rifleman, no matter what the game (unless it's just like "you can't play that"). My main is Mesa, because her powers are all about using her guns (and keeping her alive so she can continue using her guns).

And I'm not sure how Excal is melee-focused. He gets an infinite-ammo no-reload rocket launcher that happens to look like a sword.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    And I'm not sure how Excal is melee-focused. He gets an infinite-ammo no-reload rocket launcher that happens to look like a sword.
    He gets bonus damage (10 or 20% IIRC) while using swords (nikanas, longswords, dual swords, 2H swords) and his 2 allows for finisher kills with melee. Plus he's literally named after a legendary sword and all his powers are based off used an energy sword in some way.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

It also ignores walls/other terrain and goes up and down stairs, murdering everything in its path.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh*

Just got a second Nezha Helmet. Anyone have a spare Chassis or Systems they'd be willing to trade for it?
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

10. - Top - End - #400
    Colossus in the Playground

I have no words for how vexing the completionist in me finds this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #401

I know right.

I just missed the thing as a gift by a couple of weeks when i started playing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #402

Speaking of missed things, how is Snipetron Vandal now post-sniper rework? It's the only weapon I'm missing in the game that still interests me in a functional sense (Braton & Lato Vandal, Lato & Skana Prime and Machete would just be for mastery).

Also, I'm looking at the next weapons to Forma. Any takes? My current relevant options:
    Primaries: Karak W., P. Gorgon, Burston P, Tiberon, Daikyu, Drakgoon, Vulkar, Panthera, Mutalist Quanta, Paracyst, Miter, Harpak [holy **** this game has a lot of primaries]
    Secondaries: Embolist, Tysis, Acrid, Akmagnus, Seer, Despair
    Melee: Amphis, Obex, Hate, Reaper Prime, Tekko, Machete W., Prova V.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally got the last Nitain I needed (at least until they release more uses for it). I was managing to grab at least 1 per day for the first couple of weeks, but then, right when I only need a couple more to build Wukong, I suddenly couldn't catch the alerts to save my life.

Can't wait to actually use him. Watched someone tank a level 80 Juggernaut with him and not go down. should be fun.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Add Nekros and Loki to the frames under construction. They'll bring me up to 12 total. Not too shabby, considering a week and a half ago I only had 3. I may have found my new main in Valkyr. She's not even 30, so I haven't given her a forma or a potato (yes, I know, things don't have to be 30 to get potatoed), but she's already ripping through missions that would be difficult on Nyx. She just murders everything. It's beautiful.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405

I couldn't get rid of wukong fast enough. It does nothing for me and looks bad to boot. I have a friend who likes it but then again that friend also like the radioactive deer so that's not saying much.
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-01-04 at 05:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Speaking of missed things, how is Snipetron Vandal now post-sniper rework? It's the only weapon I'm missing in the game that still interests me in a functional sense (Braton & Lato Vandal, Lato & Skana Prime and Machete would just be for mastery).

Also, I'm looking at the next weapons to Forma. Any takes? My current relevant options:
    Primaries: Karak W., P. Gorgon, Burston P, Tiberon, Daikyu, Drakgoon, Vulkar, Panthera, Mutalist Quanta, Paracyst, Miter, Harpak [holy **** this game has a lot of primaries]
    Secondaries: Embolist, Tysis, Acrid, Akmagnus, Seer, Despair
    Melee: Amphis, Obex, Hate, Reaper Prime, Tekko, Machete W., Prova V.
    Wish I could tell you about the Snipetron Vandal, but you and I are actually in the same boat there (I do have the Machete maxed and sold though).
    As for the weapons to forma, picking one from each category: Karak Wraith, Despair, Tekko.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-01-04 at 08:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

I got rid of the Drakgoon as soon as it was 30. As for the Vulkar, the Vectis (and now Rubico) are simply better sniper rifles; there's no reason to keep it at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Wish I could tell you about the Snipetron Vandal, but you and I are actually in the same boat there (I do have the Machete maxed and sold though).
    As for the weapons to forma, picking one from each category: Karak Wraith, Despair, Tekko.
    A sad day. I'm hoping Snipetron Vandal gets reintroduced. Given the return of the Snipetron, I'm actually quite hopeful.

And yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards Karak W. myself. Karak does have a special place in my heart as the first weapon I ever built (farming 60k back then was no mean feat...), and it's about time I pay my homage. Plus I like to try and keep all my special weapons properly setup. Secondary- and melee-wise, it's a tough choice.

I got rid of the Drakgoon as soon as it was 30. As for the Vulkar, the Vectis (and now Rubico) are simply better sniper rifles; there's no reason to keep it at this point.
    Well, there's one thing about Vulkar: it can use the syndicate mod which gives it the syndi proc. It's in fact the only Sniper in the game with a syndi proc (and it's a healing one at that which isn't the worst).

19. - Top - End - #409

Not much to make it worthwhile even with a it having a syndicate effect. lot of much better weapons out that to have with a syndicate effect on them
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #410

Not much to make it worthwhile even with a it having a syndicate effect. lot of much better weapons out that to have with a syndicate effect on them
    None of them are Snipers though so at least it's a unique combination (indeed, the syndi primaries are all short-medium range). And it does do decent 20k DPS (though here's hoping for Vulkar Wraith in the Rubico-levels). But yeah, none of the weapons I've got left to forma are probably optimal for much of anything (arguably Tysis and Embolist are sorta unique among Secondaries, I guess), but then again I've found that the game really doesn't punish you for bringing objectively weak gear. As such, I'm looking more at what people enjoyed or think is cool (and of course, what I've enjoyed or like the looks of).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-01-04 at 09:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

In that case, the Vulkar is not an ugly gun (like some of them are), and I personally like sniper rifles.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Not that "Long Range" is a big benefit to have in warframe
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #413

Not that "Long Range" is a big benefit to have in warframe
    Well, mostly true but there are some maps. For example, I've recently played some Sortie Interceptions on the Pluto Defense Dam-style map and I've loved having a sniper rifle there. You can just sit on one side of the map and snipe enemies on the other. Granted, I was doing this with Lanka so I had to get used to the enemies' patterns and speed to lead properly but it still worked great.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

You're forgetting one of the good snipers, man.

*gestures at red-crit capable Lanka*
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, who else here would bet Plat on the Amphis being a crafting component of the Sydon? Mine's unpotatoed, so I'm set, but I've got another blueprint already just in case I want it back at some point.

26. - Top - End - #416

So, who else here would bet Plat on the Amphis being a crafting component of the Sydon? Mine's unpotatoed, so I'm set, but I've got another blueprint already just in case I want it back at some point.
    Hm, that's interesting. Sydon is not an electric weapon tho so I'm not so sure. I suppose it's not entirely impossible but I'd bet on it being buildable with just components (including Nitain) and Detonite Injectors.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hm, that's interesting. Sydon is not an electric weapon tho so I'm not so sure. I suppose it's not entirely impossible but I'd bet on it being buildable with just components (including Nitain) and Detonite Injectors.
    The Shock Dragas seem to use it as one. And it has electric arcs between the prongs on occasion, though it's apparently purely cosmetic. I'm guessing the thing will have an electric ground slam - something I'm wholly in favor of. I love the electric ground slams, I wish more weapons had them.

28. - Top - End - #418

The Shock Dragas seem to use it as one. And it has electric arcs between the prongs on occasion, though it's apparently purely cosmetic. I'm guessing the thing will have an electric ground slam - something I'm wholly in favor of. I love the electric ground slams, I wish more weapons had them.
    Wiki lists it as having a Blast ground slam; people have been able to buy it for plat already so I can only wager it's accurate.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wiki lists it as having a Blast ground slam; people have been able to buy it for plat already so I can only wager it's accurate.
    Color me disappointed; the thing's an arc caster underwater, I was hoping that they'd at least consider that when statting it out. An electric slam would be a good nod to its application by the Shock Dragas without actually giving it base Electric - which would literally make it a Grineer Serro, no difference.

...Speaking of that, we now have three different Polearm weapons that are pretty much IDENTICAL save for the base damage type (Electric for Serro, Slash for Tonbo, Puncture for Sydon), and minor variations in the base damage. Couldn't we have gotten something at least slightly different? A crit-based polearm? Or a Spear stance? Anything?
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-01-06 at 10:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

According to wiki, that Amphis crafting requirement has been confirmed. Good thing I had one already, might want to get that crafting if you don't have one already and want the Sydon. Even if you don't, the Amphis is a pretty fun weapon to level, might as well make it anyways.