New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    It's not really a damage weapon anyways; good for clearing up lower level enemies but vs. higher level/high toughness ones, the CC is the primary use. That said, my own experience didn't make it feel like it actually had a status chance that high - then again, it has a significant Impact component which will be most of the procs so that may be a part of it. I'd have to test it more but my gut feeling suggests that you should prefer the status build in higher level places but in lower level ones, you can just walk around with the DPS/space program variant.
    Sound reasoning, I'll probably have to just fiddle with it until I find something I'm happy with, warframe builder doesn't show stats for the explosion, only the projectile impact.
    *Snips volt builds*
    EDIT: Oh yeah, I run Handspring in Exilus on all the builds. When you're going fast, getting knocked down sucks but Handspring makes life much easier. In general, I tend to categorically run it on frames that lack CC immunity. I also use both of the Arcane Helmets for Volt: Beholder Helm for Shield build and Turbine Helm for the others.
    Beholder and Turbine? I thought the arcanes were Storm and Pulse. Storm is +10% power strength, Pulse is 10% duration.

Thanks for the advice on the builds, I'm tempted to fiddle with a max range, natural talent build to spread the stuns from overload with a 40m radius, but I dont anticipate it being terribly viable.
    Long-form Sig

2. - Top - End - #632
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Beholder and Turbine?
    I hazard a guess that they are personal names for them based on what they look like.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #633
    Colossus in the Playground

Beholder and Turbine? I thought the arcanes were Storm and Pulse. Storm is +10% power strength, Pulse is 10% duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I hazard a guess that they are personal names for them based on what they look like.
    Correct and correct. Pulse is such an obvious cyclops or beholder eye that I've just come to call it the beholder helmet so it just took some comparative name for Storm to make it make sense.

Thanks for the advice on the builds, I'm tempted to fiddle with a max range, natural talent build to spread the stuns from overload with a 40m radius, but I dont anticipate it being terribly viable.
    Honestly, Shock-proc is just kinda short duration to be used as power's main CC. You could do it but especially when channeling through equipment you spend almost as long locked into the animation as you would stunning the enemies. Overload is only really at its best once per room which kinda sucks. That said, you can do it and it's certainly sufficient to clear out some lower level opposition but it isn't what I'd call a sustainable or an endgame build; though you can actually combine it to a duration build pretty easily since Electric Shield doesn't require strength either. It mostly misses out on greater Speed-benefits, but unfortunately Speed is the only power I use in any builds on him.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #634

Baro has the Quanta Vandal on offer for anyone who wasn't around to suffer through the introduction of the Bursa.

And finally pHeated Charge has come back, i still don't know why i didn't get it the first time but now i have it. Now i need to get myself a Legendary Core to use on it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #635

Finally finished formaing Azima (7 polarities) and Dual Toxocyst (6 polarities).

Azima, I'm actually quite happy with it. I went with the crit build since it seems like the highest damage variant and damage is really the important part with the clip propelling mechanic. It looks and feels awesome though I'm thinking it might actually be interesting to run an Eject Magazine build where you just load it in your pocket, fire a clip and switch to primary. Ammo economy is a problem and since I mostly just fire clips with it (it's certainly decent in plain ol' firing too though), Ammo Mutation isn't an option since I won't have it handy to pick the extras up. I'm currently just using it a bit more sparingly, saving the clips for particularly big hordes. The fact that they can be lobbed as grenades and the fact that they jump a bit off ground before firing is most convenient too. I can endorse this one when combined with a good primary or a good melee (or both!).

Dual Toxocyst, I've got mixed feelings about it. Running a lot of attack speed feels natural since the thing fires superslow naturally, but its damage leaves something to be desired and it has no crit. All this leaves it as a clear status weapon, but due to it having high Puncture component, I have a hard time convincing myself to use it over Tysis for pure status function so if anything, its use should be in a combination status/damage approach. It does get a huge buff after all (attack speed is multiplied 2.5-fold, damage +100%, recoil -75%, ammo consumption removed). It's so weak without the headshot though. Headshots are generally easy to get...except when you fire at Nullifier bubbles, Frost Eximus bubbles, headless enemies (e.g. many bosses, Ospreys or such) or such. On the flipside, it can be acquired through Electric, Gas or Blast proc so it's not that hard to get in enemy groups.

This build is something I had decent success with in today's Corpus Sorties. When it gets the proc it does lay devastation, not needing reloads, soundly landing every shot in the given target and combining the Toxin bonus with the existing mods in the weapon - but it's actually not as amazing even with it as one might hope (merely "good"; perhaps comparable to Telos Akbolto or so) and the fact that Headshots during the proc don't refresh the proc really sucks. The high status chance is still something of a selling point, being so rare on pistols (basically the options are Tysis, Staticor, Akbronco Prime and this) but I'm pretty sure this isn't in the top for that category either.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

My Dual Toxocyst build is actually surprisingly decent with a crit build and gas damage (with all the goodies that normally entails, including Hydraulic Crosshairs). I agree that getting headshots can be bothersome, but when you do, it's super worth it. I find that I can absolutely shred tankier enemies, especially bombards and heavy gunners. I'll try and link my build when I complete it (AKA when I actually get a forma. They never drop for me, even when they should.)
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

So is anyone else really enjoying the easy influx of cores from the sorties now? Like after you collect all the one-time drops in a season it's just cores almost every day (once I've gotten an Exilus). Haven't pulled a Legendary one yet, but someday.

It's really helping me level all those 10-rank mods that I use less often, like the Kubrow health/shield/armor/damage mods. Since I've started using my kubrow when I go for Valkyr melee shenanigans, it's been quite a boon.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

8. - Top - End - #638

Been a rash of sortie's ive not bothered doing recently since it keeps choose Interception vs Corpus or Sealab Spy so ive not gotten them done.

Unless im on Ivara or for some other reason i use a Kubrow almost all the time.
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-03-28 at 01:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Been a rash of sortie's ive not bothered doing recently since it keeps choose Interception vs Corpus or Sealab Spy so ive not gotten them done.

Unless im on Ivara or for some other reason i use a Kubrow almost all the time.
    Oh man I hate Sealab Spy. The one where you need to Archwing through those annoyingly small tunnels with pointless water jets is such a pain. The other rooms I've gotten down pretty well, but that one? I failed it 3 times last time I did it.

What's wrong with Corpus Interception, exactly?

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

10. - Top - End - #640

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Oh man I hate Sealab Spy. The one where you need to Archwing through those annoyingly small tunnels with pointless water jets is such a pain. The other rooms I've gotten down pretty well, but that one? I failed it 3 times last time I did it.
    Itzal really helps there. Being able to blink through the current makes life a lot easier. Though they've been energy reduction last couple of times which makes this a bit harder. I've actually learnt the Sealab Spy vaults because they've been featured so frequently.

And yeah, I've actually got enough to max out the Primed Bane mods soon. Those would be the last I need alongside Firewalker to have all the R10 mods in the game maxed. Of course, I'd still be left with the second copies of Primed Heated Charge and such to max but that's not exactly a priority.

EDIT: Btw, I'm about to start running those Simulacrum tests on various weapons and if/how quick they can kill a group of level 135 enemies (2 C. Ancients, 3 C. HGs, 3 C. Bombards). Any you'd like to see included? After consulting Redditors, here's what I've gotten so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Primaries
    • Synoid Simulor
    • Torid
    • Tonkor
    • Lanka
    • Vectis (sans Primed Chamber)
    • Vectis Prime
    • Vulkar Wraith
    • Quanta Vandal
    • Dex Sybaris
    • Soma Prime
    • Prisma Grakata
    • Boar Prime
    • Boltor Prime
    • Supra
    • Vaykor Hek
    • Hek
    • Sancti Tigris
    • Sobek
    • Kohm
    • Zhuge
    • Amprex
    • Ignis
    • Secura Penta
    • Dread
    • Paris Prime
    • Opticor
    • Rakta Cernos

Secondaries
    • Staticor
    • Twin Grakatas
    • Vaykor Marelok
    • Lex Prime
    • Spira Prime
    • Dual Toxocyst
    • Vasto Prime
    • Aksomati
    • Telos Akbolto
    • Rakta Ballistica
    • Tysis
    • Akmagnus
    • Atomos
    • Synoid Gammacor
    • Pyrana
    • Brakk
    • Furis

Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-03-28 at 05:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #641

NecromancerGuy

Could be fun to add the Dex weapons to the list, the free potato on them means a pretty big chunk of new players use them a fair amount. Dex furris was my most used weapon for quite a while.
    Long-form Sig

12. - Top - End - #642

Could be fun to add the Dex weapons to the list, the free potato on them means a pretty big chunk of new players use them a fair amount. Dex furris was my most used weapon for quite a while.
    Dex Sybaris is already there. Dex Furis I sadly lack a fully forma'd version of as of yet - I'll try to procure one but I can't promise anything. Telos Boltor and Prisma Gorgon were other weapons that had interested other people that I had to cut out due to lacking Forma in them. Though I'm in the process of formaing Telos Boltor right now so perhaps that'll make it in.

13. - Top - End - #643

I'm not sure any Shadow Debt mods are the on PS4. We haven't seen Stalker's Acolytes, none of the 3 Orokin moon missions available are spy missions, and the wiki says they're untransmutable. Ditto most of the new weapons yinz have talked about for the past 4 pages.

Not that I'm in the mood for new weapons (I have enough slots for one of each type that could be a Sortie requirement and the Serro; higher MR gets nothing cool) or particularly interested in more powerful mods (I avoid situations that could be described as a "fair fight" because I'm much worse at fighting than preventing a fight until they're all dead), but I still feel shafted.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, the new Feyarch stuff for Oberon is fantastic looking. i just wish Oberon was more useful. Thought his Deluxe skin was gonna be packaged with a buff/rework of some sort, like some of the others, but apparently not.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Well, the new Feyarch stuff for Oberon is fantastic looking. i just wish Oberon was more useful. Thought his Deluxe skin was gonna be packaged with a buff/rework of some sort, like some of the others, but apparently not.
    Pretty sure they're working on Mag next (really hope she comes out the other end of it more versatile, if less powerful). After that: fingers crossed for Oberon.

I am B.
    Are you B?

16. - Top - End - #646

The Deer turns into a Butterfly. All that Radiation... does weird stuff. (Like turn a good looking Axe and Shield into a crummy sword and board)
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-03-31 at 03:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #647

Well, Oberon isn't the best but he can be made somewhat useful in a few ways. I personally really love Smite Infusion: giving everyone ridiculous amounts of Radiation damage not only mincemeats lategame Bombards, but also reliably procs Chaos on basically everything negating much of what annoying Ancient Healers and such do, and protecting you from enemy fire by having the enemies draw it from each other instead.

It's the only complex element that can be granted with a single power and a superb one at that: combines great with e.g. Saryn (Spores proc Radiation while doing the exponential scaling thing), Ember, Equinox and company, but also with oldfashioned AOE weapons like Torid, Synoid Simulor, Tonkor and so on. It also allows everyone to acquire the coveted Radiation/Corrosive combination, which eats through any armor in the game very efficiently.

Other than that, he does offer decent CC with high range Smite/Hallowed Ground. Smite in particular is one-handed and cheap which makes controlling enemy masses rather trivial. Hallowed Ground is nice as a CC immunity as well if used in a range build. Can cover huge tracts of land fairly easily which is nice in a defense-type mission (though it sadly doesn't stagger inherently). Reckoning is a decent AOE CC ability and Renewal is...really weak but sometimes it might save someone's butt once in a million years. But yeah, Smite Infusion is the primary thing and the rest is a bunch of small bonuses.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

New Sortie Season. The Snipetron Vandal pieces are up. One of the few event weapons I missed (for not having started playing yet) that haven't come back around before.

Of course they also added Sortie Assassinations so a level 100 Vey Hek should be fun.

I am B.
    Are you B?

19. - Top - End - #649

Oh. Well i was hoping for the Latron Wraith to show up but i'll happily take that gun instead (i have the Wraith but want my friends who don't have it to get a hold of it, for a very long time it was my goto gun for High Tower stuff)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #650
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, Oberon isn't the best but he can be made somewhat useful in a few ways. I personally really love Smite Infusion: giving everyone ridiculous amounts of Radiation damage not only mincemeats lategame Bombards, but also reliably procs Chaos on basically everything negating much of what annoying Ancient Healers and such do, and protecting you from enemy fire by having the enemies draw it from each other instead.

It's the only complex element that can be granted with a single power and a superb one at that: combines great with e.g. Saryn (Spores proc Radiation while doing the exponential scaling thing), Ember, Equinox and company, but also with oldfashioned AOE weapons like Torid, Synoid Simulor, Tonkor and so on. It also allows everyone to acquire the coveted Radiation/Corrosive combination, which eats through any armor in the game very efficiently.

Other than that, he does offer decent CC with high range Smite/Hallowed Ground. Smite in particular is one-handed and cheap which makes controlling enemy masses rather trivial. Hallowed Ground is nice as a CC immunity as well if used in a range build. Can cover huge tracts of land fairly easily which is nice in a defense-type mission (though it sadly doesn't stagger inherently). Reckoning is a decent AOE CC ability and Renewal is...really weak but sometimes it might save someone's butt once in a million years. But yeah, Smite Infusion is the primary thing and the rest is a bunch of small bonuses.
    He has his uses, yes, but his problem has been for a while that any job he can do, someone else can do better, besides the Smite Infusion that gives everyone one of the better procs. Loki and Nyx are better for confusion, Trin's a better healer, there a lot of frames with better CC. All a rework would have to do is pick something and make him really good at it, rather than having many skills that many frames do better. And believe me, I WANT to like using him. Won't take much to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    New Sortie Season. The Snipetron Vandal pieces are up. One of the few event weapons I missed (for not having started playing yet) that haven't come back around before.
    OH GOD

I NEEEEEEEEED IT

Of course they also added Sortie Assassinations so a level 100 Vey Hek should be fun.
    The PAIN this guy put me through today. I walked away with a Vandaltron BP to show for it, but that last mission took like a half hour alone.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-03-31 at 07:35 PM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

The PAIN this guy put me through today. I walked away with a Vandaltron BP to show for it, but that last mission took like a half hour alone.
    It was, in fact, the first time in quite a while that I put a group together in recruiting for the sorties. Having 4 CPs was crucial. Anything less and we couldn't do enough damage fast enough to counter his healing.

That said, it still baffles me that people go into level 80+ Grineer missions (or Augmented Armor sorties) without CP on by default.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #652

Because their choice of frame doesn't have a Dash Aura polarity most likley
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #653

Because their choice of frame doesn't have a Dash Aura polarity most likley
    Then they should take off mods.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Then they should take off mods.
    Or forma the aura polarity.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Troll in the Playground

Or forma the aura polarity.
    But then they have to relevel the frame, so it's not a quick fix like just removing a mod or two.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

26. - Top - End - #656

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    But then they have to relevel the frame, so it's not a quick fix like just removing a mod or two.
    Aye, of course. But it's the long-term one. I maintain that if you enjoy a frame and want to play it, it's worth Formaing it a few times to fit what you want on it, starting with the aura (except on Ash; on Ash I'd just forma the polarity away from the aura slot and use CP with mixed teams and Steel Charge in dedicated Ash groups).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-04-01 at 10:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #657

And not everyone wants to have a Dash polarity on every frame anyway. The Steel Charge on my Mag isnt "optimal" but it is saving me from having to forma her several times to make anything else fit, one day i'll get around to doing those forma but in the meantime it work well how it is. Done Plenty of High level things without "all CP" and its turned out fine so being "optimal" is Optional. Whats more important is being a competent player which is a lot harder and can be covered slightly for by gear and loadouts to make thing easier if your not one or grouped with people who are not.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #658

NecromancerGuy

Is the gift from the lotus mission really a 1 hour survival for 1 credit and an ammo drum? I started it this morning thinking it would be 20 minutes, but saw it was an hour and didn't have time to finish. Seems like a very low end reward for an hour long survival.

Leon: Mag P is very much worth the forma it takes, I think I have 3 forma on mine, but corpus dont have armor so its more for the energy regardless of how overshadowed ES is by zenurik passive energy regen.
    Mag used to be the ultimate corpus killer, but with bursas and nullifiers she lost a lot of her fist-pump of doom's leathality.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2016-04-01 at 02:42 PM.
    Long-form Sig

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

Is the gift from the lotus mission really a 1 hour survival for 1 credit and an ammo drum? I started it this morning thinking it would be 20 minutes, but saw it was an hour and didn't have time to finish. Seems like a very low end reward for an hour long survival.
    Consider the date.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

30. - Top - End - #660

Is the gift from the lotus mission really a 1 hour survival for 1 credit and an ammo drum?
    The wiki says "Orokin Reactor", but it IS April 1.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.