New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    The best place to do it (albeit not solo) is probably Draco. Just figure out a way to contribute in the normal ways (EV Trin, RJ Excal, FF Frost/othe buffer) or bring Corrosive Projection and ask to leech since the fourth slot isn't really necessary.
    Could Valkyr solo it? I mean, I can still level weapons that way and not have to deal with interacting with other people, and I can't think of any Grineer units that nullify...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Could Valkyr solo it? I mean, I can still level weapons that way and not have to deal with interacting with other people, and I can't think of any Grineer units that nullify...
    To level weapons, you need to have allies get kills or kill with that weapon. Valkyr wouldn't give affinity to anything but with whatever you're killing stuff then. Certainly very possible to solo, but soloing isn't conductive to leveling.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

It would also be difficult to solo it, since Draco is (IIRC, i never run it) an interception mission, meaning you have to run point capture with only hysteria. Which is just annoying in my experience
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My approach to solo draco with valkyr would probably be an eternal war with a fully leveled melee and unranked guns. Still, I'd reccommend doing draco with PUGs, occasionally you see groups where no one has a killframe and no good weapons, so you manage to fail on wave 1, but 9/10 runs or so you go to 2 or 4 waves with no problem and little more than telling a new player that they'll like the game more if they go to level on mercury survival or something.
    Long-form Sig

5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground

If your smart you'll do draco once to unlock it and then never go near the place again
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    It would also be difficult to solo it, since Draco is (IIRC, i never run it) an interception mission, meaning you have to run point capture with only hysteria. Which is just annoying in my experience
    This is indeed the case, and I tend to agree on the annoyance aspect. Interceptions are one of three gamemodes I never do solo as a rule (the others are Excavation and Defense, because soloing either at higher levels all but mandates Frost or Limbo, and I generally prefer to play other frames).
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Where is this "market" where I can post surplus warframe component blueprints and prime components for sale for PP?
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Where is this "market" where I can post surplus warframe component blueprints and prime components for sale for PP?
    The Market is where you buy things from the game itself.
    Trade Chat (the symbol of two arrows in a cycle) is where players trade items for platinum.
    warframe.market is a trading site that might be what you're referring to, but I don't see it used very often.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

My dual Fang daggers have been Forma'd 2 or 3 times. I have a spare Forma, but only lack about 1 point of mod upgrades to have all 8 mod slots fully complete. I don't see the point in upgrading it further, at least until that top mod slot (#9) becomes available.

How do I get the Second Dream quest? I am MR7 and have no active quests remaining.
    Campaign Logs:

10. - Top - End - #760

Have you Done Natah Quest? If not then go to Uranus and wait till the Blue Drones turn up and scan them to start it
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't seen anything about them. I'll go run Neptune for a while. Not sure how to scan, hopefully the Lotus will tell me.
    Campaign Logs:

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't seen anything about them. I'll go run Neptune for a while. Not sure how to scan, hopefully the Lotus will tell me.
    Uranus**

Neptune doesn't spawn them. To scan them, but a scanner pack in your equipment section under your loadout (2500 Credits for 25 IIRC), then in-game press Q, then select the scanner, and scan away.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    To scan them, but a scanner pack in your equipment section under your loadout (2500 Credits for 25 IIRC), then in-game press Q, then select the scanner, and scan away.
    I suggest going into the keybindings and mapping all the loadout slots hotkeys (they're unmapped by default) to enable quick activation since trying to scan in the middle of combat is hectic. I personally use the numpad keys, so pressing a single button gets me the scanner and pressing the same button gives me back my primary weapon.

After you've got your scanner out, left click on the target and wait until the bar fills (you can also scan objects), which adds them to your codex and gives an affinity reward.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks!
    whitespace

On another note - Archwing combat is moderately fun, but mostly silly. "I'm a space-ninja wearing rocket wings and hitting enemies with my sword!" It seems very anime-like.
    Campaign Logs:

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems very anime-like.
    Right. Completely unlike the rest of the game
    Last edited by Krade; 2016-05-27 at 03:55 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

16. - Top - End - #766

My dual Fang daggers have been Forma'd 2 or 3 times. I have a spare Forma, but only lack about 1 point of mod upgrades to have all 8 mod slots fully complete. I don't see the point in upgrading it further, at least until that top mod slot (#9) becomes available.

How do I get the Second Dream quest? I am MR7 and have no active quests remaining.
    That 9th slot is the Stance slot; it is available always, but can only hold a couple of mods per weapon type. It acts like an Aura and adds capacity.

The one you want is called Gnashing Payara and drops from...the missions you get after 2nd Dream (and also Elite Crewman).
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-05-27 at 04:18 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    That 9th slot is the Stance slot; it is available always, but can only hold a couple of mods per weapon type. It acts like an Aura and adds capacity.

The one you want is called Gnashing Payara and drops from...the missions you get after 2nd Dream (and also Elite Crewman).
    This reminds me. I have duplicates of most of the weapon stances (yesterday dropped two of the Rapier stances in one mission for me, that was cool) and no real interest in trying to sell them, so if anyone needs one just let me know. (Sorry Mango, I do not have a spare Lacera stance).

Edit: On the Mag rework. Some of you may remember me talking about how Mag has always been my favorite frame. With the almost complete rework of her 2 and 3, I've gotta say that I am digging these changes. I heard that a lot of people are upset that she isn't "Press 2 to win" against Corpus anymore. Who cares. That's a good thing. Now she's much more versatile and CC capable. She may not pull off 80%+ Damage Dealt anymore, but I got 51% on the first Sortie today and I still felt like I was an unstoppable killing machine. Plus, you get fun enemy death freeze frames like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Krade; 2016-05-27 at 10:08 PM.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

18. - Top - End - #768

Hmm, Volt rework looks sweet, Mag looks cool, I quite enjoy the Mesa changes and the rest are whatever. The new leveling system is absolutely wonderful and I love being able to take my fully unranked gear anywhere (except places that require level 30 frames). Overall, I think this recent bundle of patches has done the game a world of good, though Starchart 3.0 and Damage 3.0 can't come soon enough. And they seriously need to take a look at Ash.

Also! Trade chat is wonderful. I just managed to acquire the whole Vauban P set of stuff for a total of 40p Fragor P (Head dropped) + 175p Akstiletto P (Link dropped) + 180p Vauban P (BP dropped). Which is convenient since dozens of C-rotations later I still have yet to see any of the pieces that supposedly drop in T4D. But it makes for a good leveling run so I don't mind. Akstiletto P in particular really tickles my fancy since I want it for my tests; 30% status on a rapidfire weapon is nothing to sneeze at. Two more weapons for MR22 now :)
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So I started playing this again after awhile and unlocked Neptune (I'd just unlocked Europa when I left), apparently in my absence they've introduced something called bursas that I just cannot kill. It takes about 60 seconds of solid shooting with my best weapon to kill them, and on the extermination mission I'm on at the moment they are spawning quicker than I can kill them even with no alarms being triggered. Now I've looked up afew ways of killing them on-line and they all basically amount to use some weapon or Frame ability that I don't have and would be difficult for me to even unlock. Plus as I'm soloing these missions due to the low player base on seemingly everything from Saturn to Pluto I can't even shoot at their weak spot. Plus they seem to be able to kill me completely at random doing no damage sometimes then instakilling me whenever they feel like it.

Also I'm kind or regretting starting this on the PS4 since I don't feel like doing all the basic stuff again but at the same time it seems like PC would have a better playerbase.

20. - Top - End - #770

They shouldn't spawn without alarms outside endless mission types. Though I've heard reports of bugs in that regard. Are you positive you've stealthed through the mission?

Certainly though, they're formidable opponents for new players. They're Ferrite Armored so you should pack Corrosive damage. They'll keep spawning as long as the state that keeps alarms triggered is down so you'll certainly have to find some way to hack the alarms if one does spawn, to avoid additionals. Ciphers can save your life if you don't have the time to hack. CC frames and self-buffing frames make life easier. Something like Nova is really good for instance. Mag's new Magnetize is also rather nice against their stuff. Keep seeking and the answer shalt appear.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It was an extermination mission and one spawned as soon as I started and every minute or so after that.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Trinity's Energy Vampire does a hilarious amount of damage to them. My Trin usually takes a bursa down in 4 castings, regardless of level.

Anything that slows them down so you can get behind them easier is great, though. Nova, Mag, Frost and Rhino also all have useful abilities for tearing down Bursas.

I am B.
    Are you B?

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm using a Rhino at the moment. I take it that your talking about the stomp move, the problem I have using that strategy is it uses alot of energy and the Bursas seem to recover faster than most enemies. I'll give it another go later and see if it keeps spawning Bursas again or if it was just a bug.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if you're having trouble with Bursas in normal missions on the star map, I'll assume that you haven't invested too much time into it yet. In that case it wouldn't be too awful to switch over to PC and start over. I'd even be willing to load you up with a full compliment of all the basic mods (once you reach MR 2, at least).

I am B.
    Are you B?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm mastery Rank 5 atm, not sure how far that is comparatively to high level play. The reason I'm just coming across them is I stopped playing for awhile.

Edit:Sod it I'll just Start it up anyway and play whichever version I'm in the mood for (At least until my Ps+ sub runs out)
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2016-06-09 at 12:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Edit:Sod it I'll just Start it up anyway and play whichever version I'm in the mood for (At least until my Ps+ sub runs out)
    Interesting fact that I discovered recently; some free to play multiplayer games on the PS4 don't need a PS+ subscription to play - at least I can get access to Warframe and World of Tanks on the PS4 without having a paid subscription.

27. - Top - End - #777

I'm mastery Rank 5 atm, not sure how far that is comparatively to high level play. The reason I'm just coming across them is I stopped playing for awhile.

MR 12 is when the last weapons unlock, the cap is 21 or 22 right now.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Didn't realise it went quite that high, but so far on the PC I'm enjoying the Volt frame more than the Excalibur one I started with last time. The abilities feel more natural than the I win button that the Excalibur has, I'd prefer if the shield wall ability replenished your shields and energy when it took damage though. Looks like the Rhino will be my second frame again since I've already got it's three component parts, unless the Jupiter or Saturn bosses drop a design I like the idea of I guess. In which case I'll use that instead.

Should reach Mastery Rank two tomorrow maybe 3 on Sat, what rank do you have to be to start the Celephelon Simaris missions again?

29. - Top - End - #779
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also I'm kind or regretting starting this on the PS4 since I don't feel like doing all the basic stuff again but at the same time it seems like PC would have a better playerbase.
    Hey, what's your PSN? I'm on fairly regularly, and while my hand-eye coordination is poo I do have some hilariously powerful weapons.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

30. - Top - End - #780

Didn't realise it went quite that high, but so far on the PC I'm enjoying the Volt frame more than the Excalibur one I started with last time. The abilities feel more natural than the I win button that the Excalibur has, I'd prefer if the shield wall ability replenished your shields and energy when it took damage though. Looks like the Rhino will be my second frame again since I've already got it's three component parts, unless the Jupiter or Saturn bosses drop a design I like the idea of I guess. In which case I'll use that instead.

Should reach Mastery Rank two tomorrow maybe 3 on Sat, what rank do you have to be to start the Celephelon Simaris missions again?
    Simaris Missions require Rank 5 and completing the The New Strange quest.

Jupiter drops Valkyr, who I think is great and everyone should have BUT, she's not nearly as fun without a full and proper mod loadout, so no hurry. Personally I'd wait till I had Eternal War, Fleeting Expertise, Constitution, and Armored Agility.
    Saturn drops Ember who is whatever. I expect you'll find her closer to Excal than to Volt, despite being one of the Elemental frames.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine