New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    Hey, what's your PSN? I'm on fairly regularly, and while my hand-eye coordination is poo I do have some hilariously powerful weapons.
    Not sure I will actually be playing on the PS again I didn't realise I was so pathetically early in the game even if I had unlocked quite afew planets.

PC is going well tomorrow I should have a Karak, Grammacor and Orthus ready to make a start on as well as all the parts to start constructing a Nyx frame after a helpful Phyroid mission gave em the pieces. (Shame frames take so long to build or I could start with a completely new load out.)
    Then I think it will be time to start gaining ranks with one of the Factions.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So basically caught up to where I was on the PS and maybe slightly further. Nyx is still being built but I've also started building the Oberon after finally getting the last drop for it and am planning on getting the Panthera soon as I've got the parts for it building in the foundry, so I'll level up the parts for that to get some more mastery then get that which I think is going to become my main anti infested weapon. What I could do with is an anti Corpus weapon so I was thinking that I could get the Kogake or Furax as melee weapons then a Tiberion with an electrical mod to help with that, my Grammacor is already pretty good against them and I'm also planning on getting the Syndicate version as my eventual main secondary weapon. So that should sort out that.

I have to say I think I'm going to need to take some time to put some reactors on my equipment and buff it out before I head any further out into the system (Just reached Neptune) as my damage and survivability are becoming issues.

Edit: So It seems there are quite afew bonuses for joining a clan would people say it's generally worth while? And how do/did you pick which one to join?
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2016-06-12 at 02:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Edit: So It seems there are quite afew bonuses for joining a clan would people say it's generally worth while? And how do/did you pick which one to join?
    A lot of some of the best weapons are locked behind clan research so it's definitely worth having access. As for joining one, I wouldn't know. I didn't feel like getting into that hassle so I made my own and I'm basically the only member (not counting my largely absent nephew and my space holder alt-account). There are probably other advantages to being in a clan like (if you're in a big clan) organized and regular Raid runs.

That said, unless you want to join an actual clan with more than one other member, you may join mine.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

4. - Top - End - #784
    Colossus in the Playground

Our clan has open slots as well; we're a Storm-clan around the league of 100 with, of course everything done. Maybe ~20 daily active players currently but it varies greatly from time to time. Some boons (obvious help with any runs as necessary, in-house trading, an awesome dojo, etc.). And yeah, you should definitely join a clan. You get a place to trade, access to clan tech and obstacle courses/duel rooms if those happen to float your fancy. This is in addition to the actual support of having people around you with whom to play, which is not automatic of course but generally comes in the side of an established clan. Clan tech equipment begins to get good around MR4-5. Some of the most noteworthy weapons:
    - Marelok [MR5, Chem Lab] is just about the best sidearm available on MR5, and rather solid throughout. Granted, on MR8 you get Vaykor Marelok which makes this obsolete.
    - Ignis [MR4, Chem Lab] is a superb AOE flamethrower, one of the better status weapons in the game.
    - Jat Kittag [MR5, Chem Lab] is a jet-powered hammer. Yeah, it's awesome.
    - Grattler [MR0, Chem Lab] is the best Archwing weapon that does not require farming pieces from missions, and one of the best Archwing weapons overall.
    - Lanka [MR7, Energy Lab] is probably the best sniper rifle in the game and the highest single target damage weapon overall.
    - Supra [MR7, Energy Lab] is one of the better automatic weapons in the game.
    - Quanta [MR4, Energy Lab] is a superb all-rounder weapon with a good beam and a good AOE explosive mode.
    - Amprex [MR5, Energy Lab] is a great weapon with a unique arcing shock mechanic (well, shared with the secondary Atomos).
    - Torid [MR4, Bio Lab] is a unique weapon: a launcher that leaves poison clouds without friendly fire. Incredible for status and damage.
    - Phage [MR6, Bio Lab] is a sweet beam shotgun thingy. Very good damage, one of the best base damage types in the game.
    - Dual Toxocyst [MR8, Bio Lab] are a weird but strong secondary. They're weak until you fire headshot after which for 6 seconds, they enter a supermode where they don't consume ammo and fire insanely fast and accurate.
    - Dual Ichor [MR6, Bio Lab] are suddenly one of the better melee weapons in the game again thanks to the recent addition of a mod named "Blood Rush" making crit stats superpowerful.

Finally, Tenno Lab itself features some decent weapons but more importantly, it features a bunch of Warframes and the most enjoyable Archwing in the game (Itzal). My own favorite of the Dojo Warframes is the Banshee with her incredible damage amplification and utility, but Zephyr, Volt and Wukong are all fine too. I'm not a big fan of Wukong personally, but Volt and Zephyr are both a lot of fun to play. You also get blueprints for Velocitus and Fluctus, two of the other best Archwing weapons (sadly you need to farm AW missions for the pieces so it isn't as simple as just getting a clan here).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-06-12 at 06:05 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I agree Volt is a fun frame to play, I'm still glad I chose it as my starter. So what is the name of your Clan then and how do people apply?

Also my Dog looks like it's going to have a grey coat with white stripes and it's just so cute it's a shame I cant just keep it at that size and have it as a ships pet. I'll just have to remember to put it into stasis if I go away for awhile so it doesn't die.

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I agree Volt is a fun frame to play, I'm still glad I chose it as my starter. So what is the name of your Clan then and how do people apply?
    My clan is named "Black Lotus" but people in this game don't apply so much as they are invited. I suppose I could toss you an invitation soon as I get online; is your handle Spacewolf?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nah that was taken it's Wolfe132. (Catchy eh.)

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Are you actively recruiting at the moment, Eldariel? If so, could I get an invite please?
    My in game name is BrotherOni.

I'm surprised to learn that Banshee is a Dojo only frame - I've got a blueprint for her and a couple of her components. Must be from the first time I played.

9. - Top - End - #789

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Are you actively recruiting at the moment, Eldariel? If so, could I get an invite please?
    My in game name is BrotherOni.

I'm surprised to learn that Banshee is a Dojo only frame - I've got a blueprint for her and a couple of her components. Must be from the first time I played.
    Sure, I've sent you an invite as well. We don't have infinite space as we don't plan on expanding beyond Storm at the present (due to research costs associated mostly) but we do have a few slots free.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

The Banshee BP used to be a random login reward. I don't remember where the pieces dropped before the whole thing got moved to the dojo.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #791

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The Banshee BP used to be a random login reward. I don't remember where the pieces dropped before the whole thing got moved to the dojo.
    AFAIR, the pieces were random drops for various missions (Defense, Raid, Intel, Capture) originally.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure what his console offerings are, but Baro is up on Mercury, and in addition to some repeats (primed point blank, primed fast hands), he has primed pressure point on PC. It does the same thing primed pistol gambit did where the per-rank bonus is reduced compared to the base mod, but still pulls ahead because 10rank.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Not sure what his console offerings are, but Baro is up on Mercury, and in addition to some repeats (primed point blank, primed fast hands), he has primed pressure point on PC. It does the same thing primed pistol gambit did where the per-rank bonus is reduced compared to the base mod, but still pulls ahead because 10rank.
    Dammit. I was saving cores to max rank Primed Fury when I get it for the 200th day login reward. Oh well, now I've got a maxed Primed Pressure Point already. Even better, most of the melee weapons that I actually use don't need another forma to put it on

Of course once I get Primed Fury maxed most of them will need another, but that's not SO big of an issue.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

14. - Top - End - #794

Heh, I'm already on the melee forma train. War and Nikana Prime done thus far, only 47 more to go. On the flipside, these builds should be able to fit Primed Fury where I wish to use it too.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Is it worth using a forma on Excalibur, or should I try and find a more advanced warframe to use it on?

16. - Top - End - #796

Is it worth using a forma on Excalibur, or should I try and find a more advanced warframe to use it on?
    Frames are more or less equal (at least theoretically) in the sense that they do different things but there's no real concept of a frame as an "upgrade" per ce. For Excalibur this is doubly true as while Excalibur Prime exists, it is and will always remain inaccessible for anyone who doesn't already have it. Umbra Excalibur may come one day but knowing DE, that will take a while. So Formaing Excalibur is fine as long as you have a reason to do so: that is, mods you wish to fit on it wherefore you need the polarity. As long as you enjoy playing Excalibur, those polarities should continue to serve you.

It sounds like these are your first forma though: generally, weapons need formas more than frames particularly before you have many of the more expensive to install Corrupted mods available. Thus, if you are limited on the number of Forma you have available, I would personally prioritise picking up some weapon that is strong enough vs. basically any enemies and put enough Formas on that to fit a full 8 damage mod setup. Weapons that can be used in endgame which you might already have access to include Tonkor, Boltor Prime, Hek, Soma Prime and company. Soma Prime in particular is nice in that it is a crit weapon and comes with two ready polarities meaning it only takes 4 Forma to fit a build even when using maxed mods. It is however locked until Mastery Rank 6. I might also consider building some clan tech weapons (these two things feed each other too: clan tech includes many examples of lategame weapons as I touched upon in a previous post).

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Frames are more or less equal (at least theoretically) in the sense that they do different things but there's no real concept of a frame as an "upgrade" per ce. For Excalibur this is doubly true as while Excalibur Prime exists, it is and will always remain inaccessible for anyone who doesn't already have it. Umbra Excalibur may come one day but knowing DE, that will take a while. So Formaing Excalibur is fine as long as you have a reason to do so: that is, mods you wish to fit on it wherefore you need the polarity. As long as you enjoy playing Excalibur, those polarities should continue to serve you.

It sounds like these are your first forma though: generally, weapons need formas more than frames particularly before you have many of the more expensive to install Corrupted mods available. Thus, if you are limited on the number of Forma you have available, I would personally prioritise picking up some weapon that is strong enough vs. basically any enemies and put enough Formas on that to fit a full 8 damage mod setup. Weapons that can be used in endgame which you might already have access to include Tonkor, Boltor Prime, Hek, Soma Prime and company. Soma Prime in particular is nice in that it is a crit weapon and comes with two ready polarities meaning it only takes 4 Forma to fit a build even when using maxed mods. It is however locked until Mastery Rank 6. I might also consider building some clan tech weapons (these two things feed each other too: clan tech includes many examples of lategame weapons as I touched upon in a previous post).
    Umbra is actually going to be a mechanic introduced in U19 (The War Within), and will most likely not be tied to any one specific frame. Speaking of, U19 is rolling around very soon. Lunaro is already out (it's decent, IMO), Specters of the Rail (Part 2 of U19), which contains Kavats and a Solar Map rework, will be rolling up before the end of June, and The War Within (Part 3, final part) will be in during July I believe.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

18. - Top - End - #798
    Firbolg in the Playground

If you like it forma it.

As far as im concerned U19 has two parts and there are still a ways off, what we have now is filler content that's fairly crappy to boot. Good to see Baro finally bring something new that's not a crappy tikeer cosmetic.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If you like it forma it.

As far as im concerned U19 has two parts and there are still a ways off, what we have now is filler content that's fairly crappy to boot. Good to see Baro finally bring something new that's not a crappy tikeer cosmetic.
    Sure, there a things to be fixed about Lunaro, but it's more enjoyable than Conclave. The armor is absolutely ballin' as well. Also, Primed Pressure Point was never supposed to be released according to DE Steve; DE Sheldon reneged on his promise. Within a month is not 'a ways off', by the way.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2016-06-18 at 01:35 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Weapons that can be used in endgame which you might already have access to include Tonkor, Boltor Prime, Hek, Soma Prime and company. Soma Prime in particular is nice in that it is a crit weapon and comes with two ready polarities meaning it only takes 4 Forma to fit a build even when using maxed mods. It is however locked until Mastery Rank 6. I might also consider building some clan tech weapons (these two things feed each other too: clan tech includes many examples of lategame weapons as I touched upon in a previous post).
    Thank you for the info.

I like burst weapons, so I'm planning to go for the tiberon (need the plastids to make the latron first), but I haven't decided what melee weapon to go for. Obviously something sword based, but of the twin bladed weapons I've tried, I'm not liking the attack animation (you don't step forward unlike the single blades). I want to try out the heavy blades first and if I like them, I'll be looking between the Galatine and the Prisma Skana - do you have an opinion?

21. - Top - End - #801

Thank you for the info.

I like burst weapons, so I'm planning to go for the tiberon (need the plastids to make the latron first), but I haven't decided what melee weapon to go for. Obviously something sword based, but of the twin bladed weapons I've tried, I'm not liking the attack animation (you don't step forward unlike the single blades). I want to try out the heavy blades first and if I like them, I'll be looking between the Galatine and the Prisma Skana - do you have an opinion?
    Oh, do I ever have opinions! I'll try to stick the ones that might actually be helpful for you. Aw, sad that you missed out on Dex Sybaris. That weapon is the glorious godking of burst weapons but only available during the Warframe anniversary. Well, there's always next year. Tiberon is fine and the normal Sybaris (from Tenno lab) is also a good weapon so take your pick of the two.

For melee, your attacks depend on your stance at least when your melee weapon is equipped (done by holding the switch weapon-button by default). Swirling Tiger stance for dual swords has a forward-leaping movement option available. Out of all the dual swords, the new Dark Split-Sword is actually a rather good one. The other top options aren't actually swords (Dual Ichors technically are but they're infested; Prisma Dual Cleavers are cleavers and Dual Kamas Prime are Kamas). Dual Heat Swords are a nice way to get started though.

Prisma Skana is actually a single blade. A fine weapon though a storyline quest rewards you with a better weapon of the class. For heavy blades, Galatine is a great weapon to start off with, and Dual Split-Sword wielded as a heavy blade is also rather good. Later in the game you can get a better heavy blade but that one is really hard to acquire unless you throw platinum at it. I personally use heavy blades a lot nowadays alongside the Nikana Prime, Atterax (a whip), Tipedo (a staff) and some other things as they suit my fancy (nunchakus, whipswords, single swords, polearms, tonfas).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-06-18 at 05:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #802

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Sure, there a things to be fixed about Lunaro, but it's more enjoyable than Conclave. The armor is absolutely ballin' as well. Also, Primed Pressure Point was never supposed to be released according to DE Steve; DE Sheldon reneged on his promise. Within a month is not 'a ways off', by the way.
    Praise for DE Sheldon then. Its not here right now and that's what counts as what is here is (crummy) filler content. 2 weeks or so before actual content and the a few more for the rest is ways enough.

Stalker finally dropped war so i was able to get broken war out of my inventory finally, its a ok weapon but still fail to understand why a obviously energy bladed weapon does impact. Now he just needs to drop Hate and i can tick that off and be left with the Wraith Furax as my only undone melee weapon. I think the Wraith shows up as i started the event but couldn't finish it as i went into Hospital on the second day of the event. I'm sure they will come back as a Sortie reward at some point but not before the )(*^&% dera comes back N more times. Hoping that the spear that was shown a while ago will be ok but not holding my breth after recent weapons (looking at you Stradavar...)
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-06-18 at 07:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #803

Griffon

For whatever it's worth, BrotherOni, when I first started out I got a LOT of mileage out of the Ether Scythe as my go-to melee weapon. It does decent damage, has a pretty good attack speed, and I found the broad, sweeping animation to be pretty handy against mobs of enemies.

I eventually upgraded to the Boltace and the Anku and it's a blast, but for the latter you need a) a Dojo to buy the blueprint and b) Forma to build it, so perhaps keep it in mind for later.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    For whatever it's worth, BrotherOni, when I first started out I got a LOT of mileage out of the Ether Scythe as my go-to melee weapon. It does decent damage, has a pretty good attack speed, and I found the broad, sweeping animation to be pretty handy against mobs of enemies.
    Maybe when my Rhino has finished cooking - 72 hours has never felt so long and I've played Eve Online prior to the skill queue.

25. - Top - End - #805

Griffon

Weapons are only 24 hours, I believe - some, just 12. Just a thought, as the Ether weapons ten to be good ones yet are still quite cheap to make.

In either event, I strongly suggest that you join some Syndicates as soon as possible; the sooner you're in, the sooner you can start picking up the unique weapons and selling/trading them. Not only do you get the weapons right away without having to build them, once you're doing that it's a relatively small investment of time to pick up enough Platinum that you can speed up each and every build time on a whim.

For example, if I try really, really hard I can easily earn enough reputation to sell 3 Synoid Simulors at 30p each in a week, and nearly as many Vaykor Heks for the same. Penta and Sancti weapons are also fairly popular, though the Telos ones - while pretty and quite fun to use - are near worthless.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    In either event, I strongly suggest that you join some Syndicates as soon as possible; the sooner you're in, the sooner you can start picking up the unique weapons and selling/trading them. Not only do you get the weapons right away without having to build them, once you're doing that it's a relatively small investment of time to pick up enough Platinum that you can speed up each and every build time on a whim.

For example, if I try really, really hard I can easily earn enough reputation to sell 3 Synoid Simulors at 30p each in a week, and nearly as many Vaykor Heks for the same. Penta and Sancti weapons are also fairly popular, though the Telos ones - while pretty and quite fun to use - are near worthless.
    Working on the syndicates as we speak, although selling stuff for platinum is via player trades and not through a npc market?

27. - Top - End - #807

Working on the syndicates as we speak, although selling stuff for platinum is via player trades and not through a npc market?
    Correct, essentially the only way to get Plat is that somebody buy it (platinum gained as gifts from DE cannot be traded). Doesn't matter who buys it but to get plat, you'll have to trade with people who have some. On the flipside, making plat by trading is very easy in this game since there's a lot of rather desirable stuff in the game and a lot of players who prefer to buy it rather than grind it. Plus anyone buying e.g. Prime Access will put a huge amount of plat into rotation.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2016-06-19 at 05:09 AM.

28. - Top - End - #808

The downside is having to suffer through the abominable trade chat spam and endless idiots in it who want you to "offer" for the item they are selling and not actually tell you what they want to sell it for
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-06-19 at 11:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #809

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The downside is having to suffer through the abominable trade chat spam and endless idiots in it who want you to "offer" for the item they are selling and not actually tell you what they want to sell it for
    You could just use Warframe Market if you don't feel like bothering with trade chat. For all its faults, it gives you a simple "Buying for this, selling for this"-interface and the prices aren't too outlandish (though they are significantly higher for rare drops than on trade chat).

30. - Top - End - #810

Well that's a useful thing, now if something like that was in game it would even better.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet