New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    On a separate note, how do you do that Grineer Galleon Spy vault with the conveyor belts these days? You used to be able to drop in from above but they've patched the hole in the roof (stupid Grineer DIY-ers...).
    The only way I can see is to one-shot the sensor drone and all the guards before hacking the entrance - the drone's patrol route doesn't leave much time to hack the panel and the guards will detect you anyway if you try and cipher it.
    I just run Ivara for spy missions. Laser beams will still light you up, but drones can't see you.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

On a separate note, how do you do that Grineer Galleon Spy vault with the conveyor belts these days? You used to be able to drop in from above but they've patched the hole in the roof (stupid Grineer DIY-ers...).
    The only way I can see is to one-shot the sensor drone and all the guards before hacking the entrance - the drone's patrol route doesn't leave much time to hack the panel and the guards will detect you anyway if you try and cipher it.
    There are three ways into it, that I know of:
    1. Brute force as already mentioned.
    2. Drop through the hole in the roof.
    3. On the lower conveyor belt are explosive barrels, shoot them when they are near the ventilator and you can enter through the now opened vent.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 10th View Post
    3. On the lower conveyor belt are explosive barrels, shoot them when they are near the ventilator and you can enter through the now opened vent.
    Didn't actually know about that last one, thanks for the tip :D
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I just run Ivara for spy missions. Laser beams will still light you up, but drones can't see you.
    Which would be fine except I'm running the spy vaults to get Ivara.

Since DE removed option 2, option 3 looks like the only viable way. Thanks, I'll give it a try when I next run across that vault.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Since DE removed option 2, option 3 looks like the only viable way. Thanks, I'll give it a try when I next run across that vault.
    DE did not remove entry options, but it is random which paths are open.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Why do the Grineer missions at all? I got all of Ivara in a day by doing Corpus missions; they take about half the time, and they're generally a lot easier to get through.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

DE did not remove entry options, but it is random which paths are open.
    I must have been really unlucky then as I'm about 3 for 3 on the hole in the roof not being there since SotR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Why do the Grineer missions at all? I got all of Ivara in a day by doing Corpus missions; they take about half the time, and they're generally a lot easier to get through.
    They sometimes come up on syndicate missions and I like the change of scenery now and again. DE can be incredibly sneaky about where they hide stuff on their maps - I just got shown a spot on Ceres where you start the mission outside on a big circular platform in the rain; you can turn round then jump up on top of the arch and go behind some crates.

The void takes things a bit too far though and I generally resort to a Metal Auger, Shred Ignis to get chests.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2016-10-05 at 06:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, Index preview is pretty fun. New mods are entertaining, too - still haven't gotten the Detron mod yet, but I'm having a blast with my Prisma Tetra again as bullets fill both the room and my screen.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-10-21 at 12:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #999

Pre Index was ok, the mods are a bit dismal ~ got the Tetra one which seems to be the best and a lot of the medipet kit. Hopefully once its acyually out it will be with better mods or other rewards.

Actually played a mission with the Tetra and it was a hoot ~ bolts everywhere and out damaged to a Synoid Simlubore at the same time. Its only rank three as that's all that was spare on the P.Tetra and im not in a rush to forma it again as i put 5 in it to make its current build fit.
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-10-25 at 09:29 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Pre Index was ok, the mods are a bit dismal ~ got the Tetra one which seems to be the best and a lot of the medipet kit. Hopefully once its acyually out it will be with better mods or other rewards.

Actually played a mission with the Tetra and it was a hoot ~ bolts everywhere and out damaged to a Synoid Simlubore at the same time. Its only rank three as that's all that was spare on the P.Tetra and im not in a rush to forma it again as i put 5 in it to make its current build fit.
    There's that, and the Detron mod, which is basically Acid Shells but with Magnetic damage. That's pretty good too. The rest, yeah, they're rather lackluster.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Its for the Detron, that's all you need to know for it to be bad.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, Baro's 50th visit has rolled around. What do we get new? A Primed D-polarity mod and an end table.

I'm not even mad, I bought 5 of the Pedestal Primes. Now to save up enough ducats for that mod...

13. - Top - End - #1003

D polarity needed it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, time to think up new formaing strategies for non-crit primaries. I guess I'll have something to do. And yeah, 5 Primed Pedestals seems about right...though I was thinking of maybe getting another 5 too.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Well, time to think up new formaing strategies for non-crit primaries. I guess I'll have something to do.
    I'm just planning on leaving the D polarities that come on the weapons there. I'll max it and use it when the opportunities come, but my usual generalized elemental damage combo is Corrosive-Heat.

And yeah, 5 Primed Pedestals seems about right...though I was thinking of maybe getting another 5 too.
    The only reason I stopped is that I ran out of credits :/

I'm still planning on buying more if I can farm up enough (I still have time on my Nekros Prime Access booster), but I haven't broken onto the raid scene yet, and Sorties only get you so far.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-11-05 at 11:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heads up: DE extended Baro's visit by 48 hours because there were players at PAX Aus who wouldn't be able to actually stop in on Orcus Relay because of travel time for PAX.

It's definitely not because everyone (including the devs) wants to buy more Pedestals, no way.

Speaking of PAX Aus, did anyone else watch the devstream? Hyped for Infested 'Frame :D

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

So, after finally acquiring and leveling Inaros, I've added it to the list of frames I can't wait to get prime versions of (the others being Valkyr and Ivara).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, the moment is finally upon us - War Within is slated for tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what we finally get.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Downloading the patch as we speak and I noticed a glyph freebie in the patch notes:

Enter promo code WARWITHIN at warframe.com/promocode after logging into the website.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Aside from some aggravating sections of play that was good, gave me a bit more respect for the Operator. Now comes the tedium of new resource farm for the new weapons. I adore the new tile set and think i'll be there a lot
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-11-12 at 10:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #1011

Spoiler: War Within Spoilers
    Show
    So, interesting lore revelations. Teshin is indeed one of the Orokin Guardians and the Twin Queens are actually bodyswapping Orokin themselves, probably the one that escaped with the Grineer in certain of the synthesis entries. Rest of the stuff was pretty much as expected.

The mission chain itself felt a bit...eh, I dunno, I took the "wrong" perfectly valid route in the dungeon a few times and didn't get the option to sprint 'cause I missed the trigger. There was a lot of cool stuff going on but it took me forever to figure out the final fight since I couldn't hear a thing Teshin was saying. I thought I should just mindcontrol the guard but it kept returning me to my frame and I was like "What?" Clunky mechanics to the max. This Kuva collection stuff is pretty whatever; I'm waiting for more interesting missions anyways. But at least it's a bit different than the usual tasks. And the Transference-stuff is kinda cool except for the fact that the suit has 100 hp.

As for the Riven-mods, my first one was easy (3x combo multiplier for 30 secs solo) but the mod is a +Zoom% +Damage% for Vulklok so I'll have to reroll. This'll be an eternal project I feel.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to come back to Eldariel's post once I actually manage to do the quest (probably tonight, I'll likely be running it with Keledrath and Kiyoshi). I just came here to note the leaks for the next Prime set. Valkyr Prime (Banshee fans on the subreddit are real sad), Cernos Prime (likely going to be a more conventional buff than the Rakta Cernos), and...

VENKA
    ****ING
    PRIME

HELL YES. I CAN FINALLY STOP RANTING ABOUT CLAWS.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-11-12 at 01:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1013

I'm so sad they skipped my dear Banshee Prime and Mirage Prime to make Valkyr Prime... But! I'm almost, almost willing to forget all about it if Venka Prime finally makes claws great again.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Dwarf in the Playground

All right, did the quest.

Spoiler: TWW Spoilers ahoy!
    Show
    Lore revelations were nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about this moral choice system. It falls into the same trap InFamous did for me; it's way too black and white, in this case very much literally. For a quest that was supposed to "one up" TSD, I feel like this wasn't half as interesting, and TSD was by far the more important story within the Warframe universe (though I really liked the Twin Queens).

As for the Riven Mods...

...oh god, why? I thought we were supposed to be getting away from damage mods, yet here I am with what amounts to a third Serration on my Braton Prime. Mods 3.0 can't come soon enough. And we can get these things for guns like the Tonkor.

New tileset's great, though.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-11-13 at 03:01 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Spoiler
    Show

I'd love a third serration on my Braton P, what i got instead was a mod for what i consider the most insipid bow in the game ~ the daikyu
    Last edited by Leon; 2016-11-13 at 07:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd love a third serration on my Braton P, what i got instead was a mod for what i consider the most insipid bow in the game ~ the daikyu
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not even as helpful as it sounds; it buffs damage and crit rate, but it debuffs crit damage. My crit damage with this thing is a measly 0.4x, which means that the increased crit rate (up to around 24%) increases my chance to do less damage than if I hadn't critted.

I swear, it's like the Bizarro World version of the Soma Prime - where that crits enough that crits are the norm and not critting just feels extraordinarily unlucky, here crits themselves are just straight up unlucky.

At least I got a decent weapon as a foundation, though - a reroll might fix all my issues. Getting one for the Daikyu isn't too bad, either - you might get exactly the mod that thing needs to really shine. Always liked how the Daikyu felt, but for all the effect it had on enemies I might as well have been firing toilet paper rolls out of the damn thing.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2016-11-13 at 12:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Spoiler
    Show

+ Zoom, + Damage Vs Corpus and something to do with recoil is what it had, its not my problem any more since i sold it. Have seen some amazing ones for all weapons on Trade but they also come with some amazing prices
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #1018

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, I just got tipped onto the Orvius-part farm from Kuva Guardians for ducats today. Managed to farm up to 5000 before the hotfix nuked it. Had I known just a little earlier, could've maybe gotten a lifetime supply of ducats.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Given the amount of mediocrity Baro brings you can go along way on not a lot these days.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure whether we still have to spoiler this, but just in case:

Spoiler: Rivens
    Show

So trying to crack one of the Riven mods - Kill 40 enemies with finishers without getting afflicted by a status effect (or something similar).

Just stealth killed ~140-odd grineer on an Exterminate with Ivara and not a single one counted. Do Stealth Finishers not count or are certain equipped dagger mods (Covert Lethality and Gleaming Blight) mucking things up? I have the mod equipped on my Primary.

I suppose my next attempt would be to have my Primary out all the time and quick melee all the bad guys from stealth, but I just wanted to see if you guys know anything.