New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I thought I mentioned it in the last thread, bu I play by the name of NuclearAstral on PC.

See any obvious way to improve this nyx p build?
    (arcane vespa helm) CP
    Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Overextend, Primed Flow
    Rage, Quick thinking, Vitality, Redirection

Redirection is rank 8 for lack of cores/credits and primed flow is rank 6 for the same reason. Chaos is ~ 10s, which i find to be a pretty good duration. I'd want longer if you could recast before time was up. Mind control is 12 s and absorb is a very big bubble.
    I wanted a build that could remain viable pretty much indefinitely into T4S,I & D, it's been good for me, but can it be improved? I don't have the chaos augment, so I haven't gotten to play around with that one, if anyone has, please let me know what you think of it.
    The "excess" mods in that build are Rage, Vitality and Redirection. I can't say they're useless but they are far from necessary. On the flipside, the only mod you really miss is Natural Talent so that only takes one slot; Nyx is one of those frames where you have a bunch of free slots to do whatever you please with since she just doesn't need power mods.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Do strength mods affect Mind Freak's multiplier? If it does, then there's a combo.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

The Pangolin Sword, last of the alert weapons to get. Never seen an alert for it before now and ive been playing over a year. Happen to log in to see if my FPS problems from earlier were fixed and saw there was a Defense alert for the Sword with 13mins left. Got a full group and off we went til My Internet dropped out on the last wave... Back in and fast as i could but nope, no session for you to rejoin. &^^$ my Internet and &*%^$% DEs stupid hamfisted hosting and connections, not the first time ive lost a heap of stuff or some cool item to being dropped out and unable to rejoin the session and im sure it wont be the last.

That was the straw that broke the camels back ~ Overdue for a break from this anyway, i live in hope but know that they wont bother doing anything to fix the system that they have atm (ie Nothing)
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-09-29 at 08:48 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

If it helps, there is an android app for warframe that does include an alert tracker. You can set it to notify you if certain rewards pop up (weapon blueprints, potato blueprints, etc).

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    If it helps, there is an android app for warframe that does include an alert tracker. You can set it to notify you if certain rewards pop up (weapon blueprints, potato blueprints, etc).
    There's also the WarframeAlerts Twitter account, which conveniently lists all alerts and invasions.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Previous posts
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    See any obvious way to improve this nyx p build?
    (arcane vespa helm) CP
    Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Overextend, Primed Flow
    Rage, Quick thinking, Vitality, Redirection

Redirection is rank 8 for lack of cores/credits and primed flow is rank 6 for the same reason. Chaos is ~ 10s, which i find to be a pretty good duration. I'd want longer if you could recast before time was up. Mind control is 12 s and absorb is a very big bubble.
    I wanted a build that could remain viable pretty much indefinitely into T4S,I & D, it's been good for me, but can it be improved? I don't have the chaos augment, so I haven't gotten to play around with that one, if anyone has, please let me know what you think of it.
    The "excess" mods in that build are Rage, Vitality and Redirection. I can't say they're useless but they are far from necessary. On the flipside, the only mod you really miss is Natural Talent so that only takes one slot; Nyx is one of those frames where you have a bunch of free slots to do whatever you please with since she just doesn't need power mods.

I think I should clarify with my goals for the build. I want to be laughing at how fragile the rhino is as I revive him at 60 minutes in T4S. With that in mind would you still say that the vitality/redirection are superfluous? If so, think any particular combo of Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Rage, Natural Talent, Mind freak, chaos sphere and Singularity would be particularly good? And what exilus slot mods would you recommend? I was thinking loot detector/enemy radar ones would be useful, but I don't know anything about the new movement related ones.

Edit: on an unrelated note, is my avatar broken for anyone else?
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2015-09-29 at 10:17 AM.
    Long-form Sig

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Nyx will never out tank think via stats. You outtank rhino by being the person absorbing on top of him while an ally gets him up.

As far as Exilus, I recommend Handspring. It is possibly the greatest survival mod I've ever seen, since getting knocked down for 1-2 seconds is literally a Death sentence.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Do strength mods affect Mind Freak's multiplier? If it does, then there's a combo.
    It is in fact affected by Power Strength, and I use Mind Freak on my Nyx build. So at the very least, don't tank it if you're using Mind Freak. I have at least one build meant to bring that multiplier as high as possible - MCing any heavy or high damage unit is hilarious at that point. Heavy Gunners and Bombards mow down crowds like nothing, and Butchers become the most terrifying kind of serial killer. It's magnificent :D
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-09-29 at 01:08 PM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Surprising no one, the Trinity/Dual Kamas prime versions are being teased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBCbdezpks

This might be one Prime I actually farm for. I'm not a fan of the idea of primes in general, but Trinity power creep is something I can get behind.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Twist View Post
    Surprising no one, the Trinity/Dual Kamas prime versions are being teased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBCbdezpks

This might be one Prime I actually farm for. I'm not a fan of the idea of primes in general, but Trinity power creep is something I can get behind.
    Pretty glad I decided to forego more Forma on my Trinity until the new Prime was released. Only did 2. There's a lot of room for the standard Prime flourishes on Trinity. Can't wait.

This means that the next Prime is almost certainly going to be Saryn (going by the unbroken-so-far pattern), which I'm pretty okay with.

Now to actually get that damn Ash Prime Systems...
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    This means that the next Prime is almost certainly going to be Saryn (going by the unbroken-so-far pattern), which I'm pretty okay with.
    According to the wiki both Banshee and Saryn were released on the same day. So, there's still a toss-up.

-RFC 1925

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

More pictures of the upcoming gear: http://imgur.com/a/Od2pD

Also, released official video of Atlas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiLFg1dPum4

-RFC 1925

13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

More pictures of the upcoming gear: http://imgur.com/a/Od2pD

Also, released official video of Atlas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiLFg1dPum4
    Sweet, Atlas looks like he has potential as a fun frame. I wonder what boss will drop it though or if there will be another quest. Seriously, *Beep* the limbo theorem. I've had limbo built and forma'd since early summer and the quest still hasn't realized I finished it.
    Long-form Sig

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe quest, but if I had to guess I'd say the J3-Golem boss being introduced will be the most likely candidate to go with the new frame.

-RFC 1925

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

I think I know what'll be one of my new primary frames. Atlas. Oh man, so good.

I especially like the idea of summoning backup.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-10-01 at 07:55 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sweet, Atlas looks like he has potential as a fun frame. I wonder what boss will drop it though or if there will be another quest. Seriously, *Beep* the limbo theorem. I've had limbo built and forma'd since early summer and the quest still hasn't realized I finished it.
    Confirmed as quest drop, I think.

Also, Atlas looks AWESOME. Not sure how I feel about that head-neck design, but oh MAN, he looks fun to play. This is gonna be amazing :D

...Anyone else think he's summoning too few rockmen with the ult, though? Maybe they're more powerful than they look, but 2 seems like a pretty small number considering what my Nekros can do with Shadows of the Dead.

EDIT: Well, the update's hit. Now I have things to farm for, yay :D
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-10-01 at 11:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Kobold

So, I just did the quest.... Yikes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jordas is J3-Golem. And all along we were talking to someone who was a space zombie robot...
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Two Reddit threads of interest:

Where do I get all the new things?

Toggleable abilities will get majorly impacted by negative duration now. Fleeting expertise is no longer a must-have on some frames and builds with this change. Primed Continuity is about to get a lot more popular.

-RFC 1925

19. - Top - End - #139

Kobold

Heads up, event for a discontinued gun: Snipetron is back!

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Other than mastery is there any special reason to be excited?

-RFC 1925

21. - Top - End - #141

Other than mastery is there any special reason to be excited?
    Snipetron Vandal will probably come back too and that one is actually a fairly solid weapon filling its own special niche. Snipetron itself is of course worthless for anything but Mastery.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyone else here try the Salacia, Neptune Arching Defense? The enemy level scaling is ABSURD, the enemies are around level 120 at wave 14. And 3 things I need drop there - the Kaszas Blade, the Phaedra Stock and the Onorix Blade. Yes, I said the ONORIX BLADE. It got MOVED THERE. I had enough trouble getting it from Erpo...

23. - Top - End - #143

Yeah, Salacia is nuts right now. I actually kinda like it - some work for my Velocitus (even the Velocitus + Odonata "nuclear option"). But still, it clearly scales about 3 times faster than it should (wave 20 enemies here are about the same as wave 60-70 enemies in T4D) and it's absolutely not a place you can play with PUGs: need a full cell of properly equipped players and the spawns are still superslow making it take approximately forever.

It's a real pain that every node aside from Caelus (i.e. the one I actually enjoy playing) contains something I need now tho. I still didn't manage to get the Decurion Barrels and I also need Phaedra and Kaszas now. I thought I was done with that bloody joker Exterminate on Venus.
    Spoiler: Golem
    Show
    On another note, the Golem seems to be another place where the Velocitus really, really helps: it's basically a huge damage sponge. Like, 1M HP-kind of one. Corrosive Projections obviously help a ton but even with those, it'll take a while without Velocitus. Surprisingly its health is Infested Sinew, not Fossilized, so Radiation/Cold is the best damage combo as opposed to the Corrosive/Cold I was expecting (though Corrosive/Cold is the way to go if you don't have the full set of Corrosive Projections). Solo-wise, Velocitus approximately quadrupled the rate at which I killed the damn thing too: it doesn't even take 10 seconds since you kill it fast enough to not have to bother dodging anything. Velocitus with Radiation/Cold and Odonata's Energy Shell was hitting it for 180k when running with full set of Corrosive Projections though even then, it took good 10 secs of shooting (Arcane Avenger speeds the process up too; the DoTs trigger it often enough).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-10-03 at 04:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Anyone else here try the Salacia, Neptune Arching Defense? The enemy level scaling is ABSURD, the enemies are around level 120 at wave 14. And 3 things I need drop there - the Kaszas Blade, the Phaedra Stock and the Onorix Blade. Yes, I said the ONORIX BLADE. It got MOVED THERE. I had enough trouble getting it from Erpo...
    I'm... fairly sure that atleast the level scaling is bugged out.

I'd say, do other Archwing modes for a few days, because it's clearly not intended to be so high.
    I do however need the Mobile Defense on Erpo things. Which I actually find quite enjoyable... though I wish the afterburners had a 5 sec timer before igniting but came with quadrupple the speed.

Also, Landing Craft, specifically the Mantis is... absurd grinding. I mean, anyone who read the doc for where the parts drop is rolling their eyes.

Atleast I am almost maxed out on my Kubrow Armor Link
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-10-03 at 04:27 PM.

Current Projects:

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #145

The pain about the Mantis is the Corpus piece. You can easily get the Mantis Fuselage (the Grineer piece) from the Raid thanks to the amount of Rare Caches it spawns on average, and the Orokin piece (Mantis Avionics) isn't that bad if you just run missions with the obstacle courses (e.g. Captures or Exterminates) and finish those - with the amount of caches you can find this way especially if you take all the normal secret rooms too, it won't take too long.

Then again, it's only 150p to buy so I'm kinda tempted. But I kinda wanna farm it too so **** it. Also, you can get the main BP from the Rare Caches as well so don't bother buying it from the Market until you have the pieces; I made the mistake and now I kinda just have an extra BP hanging around (and I'll probably have extras before I'm done with this thing).

I'm thinking of trying to link the Corpus Piece farm with trying to hunt for Gaia's Revenge off the new Modular Corpus enemies. We'll see what becomes of that.

EDIT: Someone figured the Salacia problem out. Apparently the enemies in Archwing Defense scale by time, not wave. So you have to kill enemies fast (like Thumper-camp spawns) to keep it quick. Be quick to be quick, so to speak; high enemy levels of course make the waves last longer which in turn gives you even higher enemy levels. It's a vicious cycle.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-10-03 at 07:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, revamped Hysteria has kind of a wonky crit rate. It actually has 2 separate crit rates; a 10% chance of a 1x multiplier, and a 15% chance of a 2x multiplier.

...Doesn't that first one do absolutely nothing unless you build around crits on the melee weapon you brought with you? Why not just make it a flat 25% chance of a normal 2x crit?

27. - Top - End - #147

I thought its always had two rates. Why? who knows with DE
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I thought its always had two rates. Why? who knows with DE
    Eh, maybe it always did. If it did, I missed it for version 1.0. Point still stands, though. It's rather odd.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Need to make ODD interesting (or at least not a terrible slog)? I suggest max Power Strength/Duration Volt paired with a well modded Jet Kitty. So fun. It's a shame melee focused builds just aren't feasible at high levels of play.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

30. - Top - End - #150

ODD i find is best done with Valkyr and a Galatine to mop up after the Hydroid/Vauban combo and pick them up when they invariably go down.
    Although Ive not done a long one for a while since invariably something goes wrong and the host DCs or someone bugs out and cant move or attack (seeing this happen more and more recently) so we exit at the next opportunity) Not that the one thing i do ODDs for ever actually drops and now it being removed to the vault.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet