New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe in the Playground 2.0

So Chelsa Kubrows. The "retrieval" ability is just lame but the Disarm ability is worth its weight in Cores
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    I guess Spira are kinda like Kunai but for MR1?
    Spira are basically crit-build Despair. I believe they're better than the other thrown secondaries, especially with both Primed crit mods (haven't checked my math, but it looks about right), but I find the Hikou Prime more entertaining.
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-10-31 at 06:13 AM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    Spira are basically crit-build Despair. I believe they're better than the other thrown secondaries, especially with both Primed crit mods (haven't checked my math, but it looks about right), but I find the Hikou Prime more entertaining.
    Their only downside is that they go poorly with Concealed Explosives but for pure thrown damage secondary, they're probably the strongest option now with Primed Target Cracker.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

All these primed things. I really need to farm more.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

I swear I'm about ready to give up hope on the Dual Kamas Prime. 40+ T3C runs and only 1 blade so far (and just so many Forma). I had 20 T3C keys when I started this. Most of the 15 I've use have been part of keyshares. Now I've only got 5 left and I'm starting to get concerned for my chances.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello!
    I've been meaning to say hi for a while and haven't had anything else to say...

I'm Jion-Zyn on PC.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    I swear I'm about ready to give up hope on the Dual Kamas Prime. 40+ T3C runs and only 1 blade so far (and just so many Forma). I had 20 T3C keys when I started this. Most of the 15 I've use have been part of keyshares. Now I've only got 5 left and I'm starting to get concerned for my chances.
    If you'd like, I have a blade sitting around that I'd be willing to part with.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

8. - Top - End - #218

Saryn rework is here, from the little ive tried so far im liking the changes.
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-11-04 at 07:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I finally ended up in a group that didnt rage quit the moment someone stepped onto the wrong pad while unlocking the door in a raid and got my first arcane enhancement.
    Made me realize, I have no idea which ones are actually any good, so thoughts on that?
    Long-form Sig

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

IIRC, the one that adds flat crit is really funny with the nukor, especially with the new primed target cracker.

The Nukor only has a 1% base crit chance, so with the arcanes it ends up with a 31%. It also has a base multplier of x4. Combining Primed Target Cracker and Hollow Point for a 170% increase in crit damage, and you end up with a multiplier of 10.8
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I finally ended up in a group that didnt rage quit the moment someone stepped onto the wrong pad while unlocking the door in a raid and got my first arcane enhancement.
    Made me realize, I have no idea which ones are actually any good, so thoughts on that?
    I only know the ones that drop from Law of Retribution, haven't played during Jordas Verdict thus far. Appropriately for your nickname, Arcane Avenger is the "chase one". It's the one Keledrath mentioned as well. Other useful ones include Trickery, Barrier, Guardian, Awakening, Strike, Victory, Grace. Some of those are more useful for different playstyles than others (e.g. Victory and Grace lose a lot of their appeal if you're into the habit of carrying a Lifestrike melee/Winds of Purity Furis or aren't shy about using Health Restores - but e.g. in the Nightmare Alert and as little extra for random setups, they can be nice).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have no Arcanes yet (can't seem to get both the group and the time together, only get one at a time), but I plan on desperately clawing for an Arcane Avenger set when I can, and sticking it on my Secura Syandana. That's the one I use for my usual build, which uses three crit-built weapons. The relevant ones here are the Twin Grakatas and the Tonkor, which will both be capable of red critting when Arcane Avenger activates. That'll be fun :D

13. - Top - End - #223

I have no Arcanes yet (can't seem to get both the group and the time together, only get one at a time), but I plan on desperately clawing for an Arcane Avenger set when I can, and sticking it on my Secura Syandana. That's the one I use for my usual build, which uses three crit-built weapons. The relevant ones here are the Twin Grakatas and the Tonkor, which will both be capable of red critting when Arcane Avenger activates. That'll be fun :D
    It's actually possible to have Arcane Avengers in both, helmet and syandana which gives you tasty 60% crit chance increase (tho this does require getting a substantial 20 of them; luckily with the Distiller buffs it's rather effortless to keep shuffling them around when you feel like it so that's generally enough). Nukor thanks you (61% 8.4x crits). It also goes great in Archwing (yes, Arcanes work in Archwing) - Velocitus gets even better with redcrits, and Grattler doesn't mind either. Tho on Archwing I do often prefer having one defensive Arcane like Barrier, Guardian or even Victory/Grace if running Corrosive Projections with the lack of defensive powers in the mode.

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So Chelsa Kubrows. The "retrieval" ability is just lame but the Disarm ability is worth its weight in Cores
    But the retrieve ability is adorable ~
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    It's actually possible to have Arcane Avengers in both, helmet and syandana which gives you tasty 60% crit chance increase (tho this does require getting a substantial 20 of them; luckily with the Distiller buffs it's rather effortless to keep shuffling them around when you feel like it so that's generally enough). Nukor thanks you (61% 8.4x crits). It also goes great in Archwing (yes, Arcanes work in Archwing) - Velocitus gets even better with redcrits, and Grattler doesn't mind either. Tho on Archwing I do often prefer having one defensive Arcane like Barrier, Guardian or even Victory/Grace if running Corrosive Projections with the lack of defensive powers in the mode.
    A note on this: DE changed how having multiple arcane enhancements of the same type on your helmet/synandana work. It used to be you could stack them no matter what their levels were. Now they only seem to stack if they're both maxed. It's also possible that this is still a bug, but I don't feel like digging back through the patch notes to when they altered them. If you have the time/luck/plat to get 20 Arcane Avengers, sure, go for the gold (and possible red2 crits on some bows), but it's certainly easier to just get one complete set.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Saryn rework is here, from the little ive tried so far im liking the changes.
    I haven't had a chance to play but on paper it looks great.
    And the new Saryn skin is beautiful. I don't see myself playing Saryn enough, but my friend bought it so I'm very happy that I'll be able to run around next to such a well done model.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    But the retrieve ability is adorable ~
    Aaaa, it so is! ^.^ That and the aforementioned disarm has sold it for me. My friend's Kubrow disarmed a Heavy Gunner I was fighting, which was how I first noticed it. I didn't even know heavy gunners had swords.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Aaaa, it so is! ^.^ That and the aforementioned disarm has sold it for me. My friend's Kubrow disarmed a Heavy Gunner I was fighting, which was how I first noticed it. I didn't even know heavy gunners had swords.
    They don't have swords per se, they have stun batons. Kinda hoping the Grineer get their own standardized drawn melee at some point, the Grineer pulling out Corpus stun batons weirds me out for some reason. The Sheev would be great for the role, it's a Grineer combat knife, so there's no reason the various Grineer forces wouldn't have one tucked away for emergencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    ...Huh. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up :)
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2015-11-06 at 06:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

They don't have swords per se, they have stun batons.
    I thought that was only with the Loki disarm that sticks a stun baton on everything. Including MOAs.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    I thought that was only with the Loki disarm that sticks a stun baton on everything. Including MOAs.
    That applies to all disarms, the baton is actually a weapon that all non-melee units are given in case of disarm. Again, though, I wish the Grineer had something more faction-appropriate.

20. - Top - End - #230

Think of the poor Prod Crewman, he had an Electric Stick before and then got disarmed and now has just a stick.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #231

I'm trying to craft the Limbo Theorem... what's the best place to get Argon Crystals?

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    I'm trying to craft the Limbo Theorem... what's the best place to get Argon Crystals?
    Tower X Defense. If you can bring Hydroid and/or Nekros, all the better.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #233

Ugh, Defense... thanks. Now I just have to convince my friends to do some missions with me...

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Tower X Defense. If you can bring Hydroid and/or Nekros, all the better.
    I'd rather say Survival; enemy density is more consistently high due to the lack of the end-of-wave slowness and between-wave periods, and Void Survival has a much greater number of Void Containers due to map generation - Void Containers have an above-average chance of dropping rare resources. Finally, make sure to make it T4 if possible since Corrupted Vor has about 50% to drop Argon (otherwise an Orokin Cell). Usually 20-40 mins in Void Survival (T2 doesn't have Nullifiers, so I recommend T2 or T4 tho if you're farming for some Void Drop, take that into account too and see how to optimize it) without Nekros/Droids is more than enough to get all the Argons I might need. Nekros/Droids speed it up even more. Tho after one day of farming Void for anything, provided you're killing enemies, you should be stocked.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2015-11-07 at 12:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

I second Survival as well. Did a bunch the other day of T2 with a friend who needed a few for assorted things, we got 8 in 5 runs.
    No fancy set ups or frames, I was leveling Loki Prime and he was in his Nyx leveling guns.
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-11-07 at 01:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

I've also had better luck with Survivals and found them less annoying too.

They don't have swords per se, they have stun batons. Kinda hoping the Grineer get their own standardized drawn melee at some point, the Grineer pulling out Corpus stun batons weirds me out for some reason. The Sheev would be great for the role, it's a Grineer combat knife, so there's no reason the various Grineer forces wouldn't have one tucked away for emergencies.
    Heh, thanks. I clearly don't pay enough attention. >.> I'll have to look closer next time.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Leveling up an Oberon with Tonkor and Shimmering Blight Tonbo. It is entertaining.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

28. - Top - End - #238

Kobold

Okay. Wow that Raid. It's convoluted I'll admit.

I need so much more practice.
    Last edited by Almarck; 2015-11-10 at 04:58 PM.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #239
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    I realize this is quite a bit late, but the absolute best way to farm them that I have found is to play Mag in t2 survival. You have to have max range (preferably with arcane coil helm), greedy pull and 200%+ power strength. Your team is a desecrate nekros, an EV Trinity and a 4th can be just about anything (preferably one that can increase your damage, but I don't remember how that interacts with Shield Polarize, so maybe on this one). Everyone must have Corrosive Projection. Find a good room to make your base and have the entire group run around in circles in the middle of it. Jobs are as follows:
    • Nekros: Desecrate everything
    • Trinity: Keep the energy flowing. Bless if anyone takes damage.
    • Mag: Shield Polarize nuke everything. Everything should be dying from this as enemies should be clustered tightly together near the doors as they are running into the room. Greedy Pull every so often to pick up drops and life support.
    • Last person: Keep the damage buff going, activate life support if needed.
    • Everyone: Shoot anything that survives the SP bombardment.

Don't forget to move enough to not get hit by the anti-afk stuff.

I went to 40 or 45 minutes with mag, nekros, loki and a 4th i don't remember, the trinity is not needed to do much here, the mag should be recovering most or all its energy from pulling after a couple shield polarize nukes, especially with a good desecrate nekros. We bailed because someone had to do stuff IRL, we were fine on life support and stuff was dying just as fast at 40 as it was at 5 min.

As I post this, I realize that there will almost certainly be someone who can see a way to improve this, probably with one of the new frames that I don't know how they work yet (anything after limbo). If you see a way to improve the killing power for a t2s (or higher tier) I would love to hear how.
    Long-form Sig

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Doesn't work quite so well anymore since Greedy pull is client side. You're the only one who will be getting the drops, which is just a little selfish.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro