New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Wanda is smart

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Default Wanda is smart

OK, Wanda is smarter than I've given her credit for. I'm even beginning to believe she's the one pulling the strings in Gobwin Knob in the end, not Stanley. Thoughts?
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Wanda is smart

It looks like an exuse to be kinky if you ask me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

...And I'm ok about that

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
    OK, Wanda is smarter than I've given her credit for. I'm even beginning to believe she's the one pulling the strings in Gobwin Knob in the end, not Stanley. Thoughts?
    You're beginning to believe?

Dude, you are slow.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I believe Wanda has been squarely established as The Smart One in strip number 4.
    Questions like that are generally indicative of inquiring mind ... and in the context of webcomix fit the cliche.

And in strip number 5, we have her admit that *she* has the power to advance "pretty boys" to warlords.

Pulling strings indeed =)

( And in number 6 we have her command the Dwagon to drop its droppings on Bogroll :)

Good girl, that one. Wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley ...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zictor View Post
    You're beginning to believe?

Dude, you are slow.
    Now, there was a time
    when they used to say
    that behind ev'ry great man,
    there had to be a great woman.
    But oh, in these times of change,
    you know that it's no longer true.
    So we're comin' out of the kitchen,
    'cause there's something we forgot to say to you.
    We say, Sisters are doin' it for themselves,

(Annie Lennox)
    Exploding nuns, just what everyone needs...
    Never were truer words spoken ThorFluff

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Wanda is smart. She's also incredibly desirable. She knows this, and uses it. A very dangerous combination, indeed.
    "78% of DM's admit to having started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that hasn't yet, stop fibbing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Thou hast exploded mine brain.
    Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    Oh, I can't wait to start racking up the XP for you smelly apes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    ( And in number 6 we have her command the Dwagon to drop its droppings on Bogroll :)
    I'm pretty sure that the coincidence between Wanda's exasperated outburst and the dwagon droppings was just a gag -- the other henchmen had set Bogroll up for it before her arrival.

Boop, I wouldn't want to meet her in an alley lit by a thousand suns....

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't think she did, actually--the umbrella with a bullseye was the idea of the other henchmen, and there's definitely someone riding the green dragon. I think Wanda's cry of "CRAP!" was irritation at what Stanley just asked her to do.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I certainly wouldn't mind... just do like the male black widows, bring her a present, someone to torture in her spare time, and then you may have a chance to walk away after you mate.
    There are lessons to be learned from nature!
    There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the coincidence between Wanda's exasperated outburst and the dwagon droppings was just a gag -- the other henchmen had set Bogroll up for it before her arrival.

Boop, I wouldn't want to meet her in an alley lit by a thousand suns....
    I'd love to meet her, but not in an alleyway Although either she's too sadist for me, or Jillian really needed that. We could share tips... um ... on the culinary aspects of Japanese culture.

You all aren't threatened by Jillian the dragon-slaying barbarian, but by the intelligent sexpot manipulatress (is that a word?) ? What does that say?

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by jmsl View Post
    You all aren't threatened by Jillian the dragon-slaying barbarian, but by the intelligent sexpot manipulatress (is that a word?) ? What does that say?
    Er, that I'm not a dwagon?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

I'm disappointed, I must say. Sure, it's way hot...but I had such high hopes for Wanda being a cold, heartless, soulless ice queen, and it disappoints me to see her using the tactics of a succubus. Ah, such is life...
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

14. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm sure Wanda will use whatever tactic she thinks will get her what she wants with the greatest speed and least effort, to be honest--I haven't seen a single thing in any of the strips so far that suggests she's out for anyone's interests other than her own. (One assumes she's only sticking with Stanley because Ansom's lot aren't likely to tolerate her "hobbies").

I can't help but wonder if, after the battle for Gobwin Knob is over, Wanda turns out to be the one that everyone should have been trying to get rid of, rather than Stanley...

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I can't help but wonder if, after the battle for Gobwin Knob is over, Wanda turns out to be the one that everyone should have been trying to get rid of, rather than Stanley...
    For that matter, Wanda may be thinking of getting rid of Stanley once the current crisis is past. (If it came down to a chance to save her own skin by throwing him to the wolves, I don't think she'd hesitate for an eyeblink.)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    I'm disappointed, I must say. Sure, it's way hot...but I had such high hopes for Wanda being a cold, heartless, soulless ice queen, and it disappoints me to see her using the tactics of a succubus. Ah, such is life...
    And using her sex-appeal to get what she want prevent a woman from being cold, heartless and soulless because?

She is really smart and she use her tactic well thats for sure. Seriously, I woudnt fear her if I would be a random soldier but if I would be someone who as power like a barbarian commander, a king or an overlord, I would fear her more then an enemy army.
    Last edited by Querzis; 2007-05-16 at 08:26 PM.
    In memory of lord Shojo

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Querzis View Post
    And using her sex-appeal to get what she want prevent a woman from being cold, heartless and soulless because?

She is really smart and she use her tactic well thats for sure. Seriously, I woudnt fear her if I would be a random soldier but if I would be someone who as power like a barbarian commander, a king or an overlord, I would fear her more then an enemy army.
    Why?

I mean she has no armor what so ever and no weapon. She's probably got some kind of magic but armies often have battle-mages with more combat knowlege. Gezz you can't be serious, ok so she is gonna persuade the "Tool" to do what she wants by whoreing herself? That's not scarey! It's this "Tools" incability to resist the simplest of urges that will be his undoing, this doesn't make Wanda smart. Just compare Wanda to a harlot, she's gonna be kinky to get money, or in this case to get the "Tool" to do what she wants. If this guy had the intelligence to get to his position then he should be able to realise what's going on. Erf-World needs a realistic character coss I feel like I'm watching a noobish server on Neverwinter Nights, not insulting noobs but this is supposed to be a comic about indepth characters, right? It's not funny so it really needs some character depth if it is gonna be any good. A skantly clad woman whoreing herself isn't going to make great comics.

PS - Sorry for going off on one..
    Last edited by Zeluron; 2007-05-17 at 04:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I don't think she did, actually--the umbrella with a bullseye was the idea of the other henchmen, and there's definitely someone riding the green dragon. I think Wanda's cry of "CRAP!" was irritation at what Stanley just asked her to do.
    I kind of believe they were waiting for her to say it.
    After all, they know their Tool.

19. - Top - End - #19

I kind of believe they were waiting for her to say it.
    After all, they know their Tool.
    That assumes that a bunch of henchmen are familiar with Wanda's schedule, which doesn't strike me as particularly likely. That said, it's possible that the gobwin riding the dwagon heard Wanda's outburst and improvised a bit of proper comic timing.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

That assumes that a bunch of henchmen are familiar with Wanda's schedule
    Or that things like that happen frequent enough.

doesn't strike me as particularly likely. That said, it's possible that the gobwin riding the dwagon heard Wanda's outburst and improvised a bit of proper comic timing.
    Yes - they saw her walking in to meet Stanley ... and they have already experienced how such meetings end ...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeluron View Post
    Why?

I mean she has no armor what so ever and no weapon. She's probably got some kind of magic but armies often have battle-mages with more combat knowlege. Gezz you can't be serious, ok so she is gonna persuade the "Tool" to do what she wants by whoreing herself? That's not scarey! It's this "Tools" incability to resist the simplest of urges that will be his undoing, this doesn't make Wanda smart. Just compare Wanda to a harlot, she's gonna be kinky to get money, or in this case to get the "Tool" to do what she wants. If this guy had the intelligence to get to his position then he should be able to realise what's going on. Erf-World needs a realistic character coss I feel like I'm watching a noobish server on Neverwinter Nights, not insulting noobs but this is supposed to be a comic about indepth characters, right? It's not funny so it really needs some character depth if it is gonna be any good. A skantly clad woman whoreing herself isn't going to make great comics.
    Lol she is far from a whore, she is a smart women who use all kind of tactic to get what she want and the scary thing is that she can easely manipulate three people at the same time. I would defnitly fear her more then the enemy army simply because its better to be killed in combat then to be stabbed in the back and raised back as a zombie. If I would be Stanley right now, then I would realize that with most of the army uncroaked and with all the people she is manipulating, she got as much if not more power then me, so even if I'm smart enough not to be manipulated by her (and I dont think I'm that smart really), I would still fear her. Not to mention that she has a hidden agenda that I really dont know about but it doesnt change the fact that she already as much power then the king so if she get her hand on the Arkenhammer, the king become useless.

She is just using people with power so even if I would be an overlord or a barbarian-commander, I would still be concerned about what she do with people when she doesnt need them anymore.
    Last edited by Querzis; 2007-05-17 at 07:26 AM.
    In memory of lord Shojo

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Querzis View Post
    Lol she is far from a whore, she is a smart women who use all kind of tactic to get what she want and the scary thing is that she can easely manipulate three people at the same time. I would defnitly fear her more then the enemy army simply because its better to be killed in combat then to be stabbed in the back and raised back as a zombie. If I would be Stanley right now, then I would realize that with most of the army uncroaked and with all the people she is manipulating, she got as much if not more power then me, so even if I'm smart enough not to be manipulated by her (and I dont think I'm that smart really), I would still fear her. Not to mention that she has a hidden agenda that I really dont know about but it doesnt change the fact that she already as much power then the king so if she get her hand on the Arkenhammer, the king become useless.

She is just using people with power so even if I would be an overlord or a barbarian-commander, I would still be concerned about what she do with people when she doesnt need them anymore.

She's scary in the smart and unknown goals sense, but is she really that scary? She seems to have arranged to get Jillian safely back to friendly lines, although she might have been sending Jillian into an ambush. She gave Bogroll a promotion after we've seen how he's dumb and picked on by the others, although she might be doing that to undermine Parson. She's given Parson very good advice on how to survive Stanley's wrath, although she might be doing it because she has a use for Parson. She didn't stick her neck out to help Bogroll when she knew what the minions were planning to do to him, so she's playing it very carefully. She "tortures" Jillian but then is nice to her (or depending on how you interpret it, she's nice and then nice). She doesn't want Mung to remember what really happened; maybe she's shy (hah) or maybe she doesn't want it to drift back to Stanley that she has other motivations than information extraction.

In short, Wanda is an enigma with hints of a good heart, not an evil b****. That's my interpretation, of course, and even if my interpretation is what the authors intended, they can still do a 180 degree turn without causing mass confusion, given how little we are sure of.

She's not straight forward, because that way is too dangerous for her. I love that about her, and even if she might make one a bit paranoid, I'd rather have her on my apparent side than apparently opposing me.