New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Tempest Row Chase]

Mick looks like he isn't sure this is the right call. Still he isn't going to run off. Instead he puts his back to the wall and tries to keep watch on both ends of of the alley. Up above them the alley stretches up another 40 feet. No sign of activity up there.

From the street the man in fur pants calls out. "You with the sword. We don't have any issue with you, walk away now and we will let you go unmolested."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I believe you phrased that incorrectly. Step aside and you lackeys should remain unhurt."
    Winds gets a short running start and runs up the wall for a few steps, does a flip backwards to the opposite alley wall, and springs off of that to clamber up onto a fire escape some twenty feet in the air. From there he turns to look down on the street entrance they came in by.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #753
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mick looks surprised when Winds runs up the wall. For a moment he looks like he is going to try to duplicate the feat. Then he decides against it and takes some cover behind a dumpster.

Winds should be able to get look as the large man in the fur pants has his back to the wall just around the corner. As he peaks around the corner his glowing Viking helmet clearly marks him. Mick yells out, "Yeah, beat it. I barely have any money on me anyways."

"Were not interested in your money cyborg." The man calls out reaching down to to adjust something on his belt buckle. A dim shimmer forms around him. He looks ready to charge around the corner. Three goons are spread out on the street covering that entrance. None of them see Winds yet.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Skyside 4

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Secure Warehouse - AMEN meeting]

"Have no fear, I'm the person that's going to be tracking that 'ghost' of yours." Tellysandra remarks as some of the eyes are drawn to the magic coming from the warehouse. They have a sort of lifesense, detecting life itself as it appears.
    "A barrier should do nicely to keep those pests away." She remarks as a aura starts to extend around her. If the spies touches it, STUFF will happen. "I think they're leaving though. They would be fools to stay this long."

Yet she gestures for the kobolt to wait a moment as she steps forward towards the warehouse where the energy came from. Perhaps she could catch the spies in her aura?
    Nothing seems to happen around the aura but It remains there.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

5. - Top - End - #755

This is the time for a pithy remark, but that would also make them look up.

Winds withdraws the magic thing from his pocket, a magic wand resembling a tiny obelisk. This he waves snappily towards one of the three goons covering the alley from the street. It's a straightforward spell to make someone experience an extreme pain without actually hurting them anywhere. All in your head. Or at least your nerves.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

The goon Winds targets drops screaming out in pain. The other two goons look towards him trying to see what is attacking him. Furry pants turns into the entrance of the alley. Mick fires at him with the stunner disappointedly as it seems to hit some sort of shield around the man. He looks surprised to find Winds not there. He looks around and it takes half a second for him to spot Winds up above him. He points and calls out to his friends, who quickly take aim and start firing their stunners at Winds.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #757

Perfect. He falls, they halfway turn their backs to look. And then Winds moves. Some people would jump up and soar down, but he needs to get in quickly. It may only take half a second for them to catch sight of Winds, but in that time he's almost halfway to the ground.

He slips under the stunner bolts, whirls around in the air, and tries to kick the viking helmet right off of Furry-Pants's head.
    "Take down the guys in the back first." he advises Mick.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Secure Warehouse - AMEN meeting==> Weapon Factory]

The aura remains there? As in, nothing happens?

"Looks like your ghost is gone." Tellysandra remarks as her aura shrinks down to normal proportions once again. "So I have no reason to hang around here, let's get going."
    She gets into the cab, and once they follow her inside, she points at the kobolt driver. "Take the air route, in case we're still followed."

"As you wish, miss." He replies, as the limousine suddenly flies up into the air and blasts off into parts unknown.

---------------------------------------------

They will arrive at a factory, tall chimney's reaching for the skies like spires. The cab will land just behind the wall that shields the area from the rest of the city, it appears to be a pretty defensible position. "The chief took this over a few weeks ago and didn't know what to do with it until now."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Furry-pants moves surprisingly quick raising one of his arms to block the kick. His shield doesn't seem to protect him from it, but his forearm takes the hit without moving, his other arm snapping forward trying to grab Winds by the neck.

Meanwhile Mick had started to move forward to fire at the other two, but he stops hearing footsteps coming from the other way. He moves back to the dumpster puts his shoulder to it and pushes. Either the wheels on the dumpster are well oiled or Mick is stronger than he looks because the dumpster slides blocking the alley that way.

Meanwhile out in the streets the two gang members rush to their fallen friend. One moves to check on him while the other covers them.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

10. - Top - End - #760

Very fast and pretty strong. Faster than Winds had expected, and so in the middle of recovering from the kick, he's grabbed. Not a good place to be. Very hard to dodge when held by the neck, not to mention the difficulty of breathing.

Right away he turns the wand on Furry-pants, evoking that same spell of pain.
    And he does note the movement of the dumpster. Good move by Mick.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #761
    Dwarf in the Playground

Furry-pants grip releases as he staggers back face contorting in pain. He manages not to cry out, and the lights on his helmet turns red and starts to flash. A few tubes come down from the helmet and attach to the base of his spine.

After shoving the dumpster Mick runs past Winds and FP firing in the general direction of the other goons keeping them pinned down on the opposite side of the street. Mick takes some cover as they fire at him in return, not risking hitting Furry-pants by firing at Winds.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #762

What a serious helmet.
    When released, Winds takes a deep breath even as he steps up to stay close to Furry-pants. He draws the sword and slashes across the man's chest in one quick motion. The magic of the weapon doesn't come into play here. It's just an expertly made slightly curved blade used with considerable strength and skill. Someone might notice that the handle was once broken - snapped in two, and has since been repaired.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Winds' sword gets within an inch of the man's skin his force field starts to slow the blade, just a small fraction, removing some of the force of the blow. Even with that and trying to dodge he ends up with a large gash on his chest. One that doesn't seem to bleed as much as it should. Furry-pants' eyes bulge, every blood vessel in them seems to glow red. He steps back forward swinging two heavy fists at Winds one after another.

Meanwhile the two goons by their downed friend were about to try to open fire on Winds when Mick dashes across the road firing at them. They duck for cover and then take a few shots at Mick. Mick now only has a line of cars between him and those goons, and seems to be getting closer to them firing rarely and with little hope of hitting.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

A small, one man fighter lands on the nearest area to land. Out of the cockpit steps a man fully covered in green battle scarred armor. On his belt, there are various grenades. In his hands, he is carrying an M4A1 with an ACOG scope and an M203 grenade launcher. On his back, he has an 8 Gauge double barrel shotgun and a white sniper rifle with a thick barrel with a blue line running down it. In his handgun holster, he has a .44 Magnum revolver. He looks around and says to the nearest person. "Do you know where the MERC base is?" His voice is low and terrifying. Although he may not mean it, he also sounds angry.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Secure Warehouse - AMEN meeting==> Weapon Factory]

The aura remains there? As in, nothing happens?

"Looks like your ghost is gone." Tellysandra remarks as her aura shrinks down to normal proportions once again. "So I have no reason to hang around here, let's get going."
    She gets into the cab, and once they follow her inside, she points at the kobolt driver. "Take the air route, in case we're still followed."

"As you wish, miss." He replies, as the limousine suddenly flies up into the air and blasts off into parts unknown.

---------------------------------------------

They will arrive at a factory, tall chimney's reaching for the skies like spires. The cab will land just behind the wall that shields the area from the rest of the city, it appears to be a pretty defensible position. "The chief took this over a few weeks ago and didn't know what to do with it until now."
    [Weapon Factory]

Zefir is still not pleased with the outcome of this, but now the spys should be away. At least the driver would notice if there was any extra weight like another person or so.
    He takes a look at the area as they land and as he leaves the car, he takes another one.

"I guess he has already something like that or even better. It looks like it can be defended easily."
    he says. "What can you tell me about this? Like Are there any office, trapdoors or connection to the sewer?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    A small, one man fighter lands on the nearest area to land. Out of the cockpit steps a man fully covered in green battle scarred armor. On his belt, there are various grenades. In his hands, he is carrying an M4A1 with an ACOG scope and an M203 grenade launcher. On his back, he has an 8 Gauge double barrel shotgun and a white sniper rifle with a thick barrel with a blue line running down it. In his handgun holster, he has a .44 Magnum revolver. He looks around and says to the nearest person. "Do you know where the MERC base is?" His voice is low and terrifying. Although he may not mean it, he also sounds angry.
    ((Use a location tag, 8bit. I have no idea where your PC is supposed to be.))

A poor kid on the street can show him where the MERC base is for a copper. Otherwise, he should still be able to find his way there through ads, posters, and other things that have been hung up in various bulletin boards in the station pointing to where the MERC base/recruiters are.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    ((Use a location tag, 8bit. I have no idea where your PC is supposed to be.))

A poor kid on the street can show him where the MERC base is for a copper. Otherwise, he should still be able to find his way there through ads, posters, and other things that have been hung up in various bulletin boards in the station pointing to where the MERC base/recruiters are.
    [Streets]
    ((Is this a good enough location tag? I can change it if needed.))

The man looks down at the boy. While not exactly seeming like the person who would pay this boy to most people, he grunts and reaches into a side compartment in his leg armor and pulls out an emerald about the size of an adult man's palm. He says "Look, I don't have a copper piece, but I don't have all day to look around, so will this do? I know it's not money, but right now, emeralds are the only thing I have that act as currency. Do you care that it's blood money?"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

18. - Top - End - #768

[Weapon Factory]

"Well a connection...is possible to...create."

El Cuervo tries to out of the car but is having some difficulty, due to the way its legs work and its wings.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets

The kid's eyes flash, but he hides his greed well.
    "Sure thing, mistah. I'd take that."
    He'll provide very detailed directions in exchange for the gem.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Streets

The kid's eyes flash, but he hides his greed well.
    "Sure thing, mistah. I'd take that."
    He'll provide very detailed directions in exchange for the gem.
    Tier hands the kid the gem and hopes that this is not a scam.

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Weapon Factory]

Zefir is still not pleased with the outcome of this, but now the spys should be away. At least the driver would notice if there was any extra weight like another person or so.
    He takes a look at the area as they land and as he leaves the car, he takes another one.

"I guess he has already something like that or even better. It looks like it can be defended easily."
    he says. "What can you tell me about this? Like Are there any office, trapdoors or connection to the sewer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    [Weapon Factory]

"Well a connection...is possible to...create."

El Cuervo tries to out of the car but is having some difficulty, due to the way its legs work and its wings.
    [Weapon Factory]

"There are a few offices in that section of the factory, that's where the managers of it once resided." Tellysandra explains with a gesture as she starts walking towards the building, her 'eyes' spreading out across the area. "No trap doors though, it wasn't that type of lair." She muses. "But there is, of course, a sewer connection, the workers had to wash and drink after all. Yet its not something someone can go through, unless you widen it of course. Now its just a couple of tubes." She starts walking towards the factory. "The boss would probably have used it, if he had known anything about weapon manufacturing, but while we use weapon a lot, we don't actually make them. That's where you guys come in, you actually known how to use this thing." She once again gestures towards the factory.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-01-02 at 06:14 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772

[Arkant's Factory - Streets]

It has been some time since something happened here in Thunderhead. But now it seems to get a little change. Arkant, a tall man in a white suit takes a walk around with only one tanned man following him. He is the owner of a few factories around in skyside which produce different things for the daily life. at least that's what all know. The fact that he is on the streets has another reason.
    Arkant walks around and talks to the people that doesn't work for him.

"Hello." he says. "Do you search for something to do?"

[Weapon Factory]

Zefir listens, but as he notice the Problems El Curvo got, he turns around and tries to help him out. Sure he is evil, but not so evil to let his only member get stuck in a car. His attention then turns back to the woman.

"Sure thing, but that sounds like your boss would like to have this factory working again."

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    As Winds' sword gets within an inch of the man's skin his force field starts to slow the blade, just a small fraction, removing some of the force of the blow. Even with that and trying to dodge he ends up with a large gash on his chest. One that doesn't seem to bleed as much as it should. Furry-pants' eyes bulge, every blood vessel in them seems to glow red. He steps back forward swinging two heavy fists at Winds one after another.

Meanwhile the two goons by their downed friend were about to try to open fire on Winds when Mick dashes across the road firing at them. They duck for cover and then take a few shots at Mick. Mick now only has a line of cars between him and those goons, and seems to be getting closer to them firing rarely and with little hope of hitting.
    Huh. Winds wonders what's up with his blood. Nothing he can help right now, probably. Here come the fists. He ducks under one punch, but the other catches him in the side and spins him a little way around with a crack. That looked like it hurt - broken rib, maybe.

Undeterred, Winds rolls forward to try to get behind furry-pants where he can whirl around and do his best to slice through the tubes running from helmet to spine.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets

The directions are accurate. There shouldn't be any trouble getting to the office unless Tier is bad at remembering directions or someone decides to attack him.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Streets

The directions are accurate. There shouldn't be any trouble getting to the office unless Tier is bad at remembering directions or someone decides to attack him.
    [MERC Base]

Tier walks up to the MERC base and knocks on the door, or wall, or anything that would indicate his presence.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Huh. Winds wonders what's up with his blood. Nothing he can help right now, probably. Here come the fists. He ducks under one punch, but the other catches him in the side and spins him a little way around with a crack. That looked like it hurt - broken rib, maybe.

Undeterred, Winds rolls forward to try to get behind furry-pants where he can whirl around and do his best to slice through the tubes running from helmet to spine.
    The tubes are cut and start to spray dark red liquid. A split second after that the horn's flash with a blinding red light. Furry-pants will try to use this flash to distract Winds and allow him to start to sprint away from him down the street.

The goons concentrating on Mick see the red flash and also start to book it keeping low. Mick fires over their heads to make sure they keep running, one helping to support the other.

From the alley there is a loud banging as something tries to shove the dumpster out of its way. It seems to be blocking the way for now, but probably not for long.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #777

[Weapon Factory]

With Zefir's help, El Cuervo gets out of the car. It turns its attention to the factory.

"It would increase....the output we...have. More places....more weapons."

28. - Top - End - #778

[Weapon Factory]

"The chief gave this to you, so you may do whatever you want with it." Tellysandra replies. "You are under no obligations to do anything specific with it, I simply figured that, for your own sake, you wanted to start up the production again. This type of facility could probably make armors as well, and in the future, perhaps you could take over a nearby robotic facility. Here in skyside, the possibilities are endless."

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    The tubes are cut and start to spray dark red liquid. A split second after that the horn's flash with a blinding red light. Furry-pants will try to use this flash to distract Winds and allow him to start to sprint away from him down the street.

The goons concentrating on Mick see the red flash and also start to book it keeping low. Mick fires over their heads to make sure they keep running, one helping to support the other.

From the alley there is a loud banging as something tries to shove the dumpster out of its way. It seems to be blocking the way for now, but probably not for long.
    The feeling is mutual - Winds keeps on running past furry-pants in the opposite direction.
    "Time to go!"
    He waves over his shoulder for Mick to follow.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #780

[Weapon Factory]

"That might be something." Zefir says. "While i have to add I was mostly intressed in increasing our range to gather new members."