New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Star Power V: The Final Yawntier

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Oh no that is... actually quite a cheap complaint because while she stands very weirdly you can clearly see it to the right.
    To be fair, Mookie has a history of forgetting about legs. It's good to see Garth doesn't have the same problem

That said, I think Ms. Quad has a combination of unusual knees and extend-o-legs to make that pose work.

I wish we still had out Snarkists around to show how that pose should have been to make sense
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rejoice, you snarkers, for there now is a whole documentary about DD freely available on youtube!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTq-P0Oy1qA
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Oh no that is... actually quite a cheap complaint because while she stands very weirdly you can clearly see it to the right.
    Oh, now I see it. I still think her leg must be broken or something to get it at an angle like that. I don't see how she gets her leg like that naturally, but then, she is an alien I guess.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Rejoice, you snarkers, for there now is a whole documentary about DD freely available on youtube!
    ... Mookie's beard ...

I'll have to take a listen though, mildly interested in this.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

5. - Top - End - #335
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Interesting. 665 views.

For a guy who has attracted such an enormity of flak from the internet, I'm surprised so few have seen it. I guess it shows him to be a (seemingly) nice guy, and that's not something anyone really wants - when they're so busy hating him, having such a nice time with that.

Him being a nice guy though, doesn't make DD any better.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Is it just me or does Mookie look like Weird Al from Amish Paradise?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Interesting. 665 views.

For a guy who has attracted such an enormity of flak from the internet, I'm surprised so few have seen it. I guess it shows him to be a (seemingly) nice guy, and that's not something anyone really wants - when they're so busy hating him, having such a nice time with that.

Him being a nice guy though, doesn't make DD any better.
    Mookie's never really been a bad person, as far as I've seen. Just a terrible writer.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

9. - Top - End - #339
    Colossus in the Playground

Soooo, I didnt read any of that crap, anything interesting get revealed? Or was it more background meaningless junk?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Soooo, I didnt read any of that crap, anything interesting get revealed? Or was it more background meaningless junk?
    I'll sum it up:
    Desert dudes found a crashed spaceship.
    Aliens said they need help and gave a vague promise to "build the future"
    Desert dudes trusted the promise, helped the aliens, and in return the aliens shared some technology that made things better.

So... Kind of meaningless.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Colossus in the Playground

New cover art. Anyone else respond with, "Crom!"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    I'll sum it up:
    Desert dudes found a crashed spaceship.
    Aliens said they need help and gave a vague promise to "build the future"
    Desert dudes trusted the promise, helped the aliens, and in return the aliens shared some technology that made things better.

So... Kind of meaningless.
    You forgot something important: at the end something was about to happen. Both were revealing what was behind their masks. But before that happened we cut away to the main comic.

Coincidentally, update. So we learn one key is remaining, and one guardian. And that guardian doesn't want to disappoint his master. Robot or guy with metal mask? Definitely alien, since only 3 fingers on each hand. Three digits would imply he/she/it/hir is from the same race as the countess. It doesn't look like one of the known robot models, since they have thicker hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Same weird looking feet as the Countess too, going by the previous page.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    You forgot something important: at the end something was about to happen. Both were revealing what was behind their masks. But before that happened we cut away to the main comic.

Coincidentally, update. So we learn one key is remaining, and one guardian. And that guardian doesn't want to disappoint his master. Robot or guy with metal mask? Definitely alien, since only 3 fingers on each hand. Three digits would imply he/she/it/hir is from the same race as the countess. It doesn't look like one of the known robot models, since they have thicker hands.
    I'm betting on the storyteller or hunter guy with advanced technology that made them immortal.
    Whatever this thing is, since it's his vault and key, I'm guessing he's supposed to serve the same purpose as the other "tests".

Out of context, both the cover and this page are pretty good. But it doesn't matter how dramatic they try to draw him, you can't make it tense after how easy and pointless the rest of the tests were.

15. - Top - End - #345

Eh, I expect him to be a nice guy. I mean, he doesn't look Mookevil, so I assume he's nice.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

16. - Top - End - #346
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Giant did that ages ago when he introduced Miko in OotS issue 120. The "Master" is probably the Starpowered Sentinel.

I mean, the trope of "cloaked sinister figure babbling about not failing [to smash the hero for his villain] Master" is beaten to death, so it must be the replacement trope of "cloaked sinister figure babbling about not failing [to do something positive for his hero] Master".
    Ominous foreshadowing, but same old, same old. We can however speculate whether mookie is planning to let Danika meet the cloaked figure straight on in confrontational style, or if he is planning to ride Danika into deep **** so that the cloaked figure can box her out (not that she needed it).

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Danika still needs to triumph over those three small fries (and impress the locals including masked figure) with her approach.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Danika still needs to triumph over those three small fries (and impress the locals including masked figure) with her approach.
    Oh wow, I completely forgot that this was the last page before the break

I wonder how many pages we'll have to go through before the "sadistic choice" is resolved (likely in a single panel)
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

19. - Top - End - #349

Danica has the power of flashbang when she transforms. I think she could incapacitate them before they could move.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Also, don't forget Black Hole Bill, RoarPigGuy, the Countess's inevitable eventual escape/subversion of people, Void Archon Guy, and who/whatever wiped out all civilization prior to the story starting.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

A cunning plan!

Instead of trying to kill you here when you are alone and we have a hostage, we will all meet in the place you were planning to go to anyway, but this time you will be alone and we'll have a hostage!
    We also intend to find you on the planet. I guess it is a really small one.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Revengue guy is monologing, ignores questions and acts like jerk. Was he on the fast-track for management?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #353

That's the right species, isn't it?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Barbarian in the Playground

Checking... Void 3 is a Shrixian, Void Archangel is a Graidan. Heck if I can figure out the pluralization/etc on the latter...

Shulentin, Ladori, Folirtins, Agorans, Shrixians, Graidan, Graidani, and I know for sure I'm missing some, problems with the archives? Regardless, even with two pairs of related races (distinguished in part by their eyes), green skin seems to be a really common phenotype in the Millennium Federation.

25. - Top - End - #355

Ah, OK, I thought they became like that when they were older.

Graidanim would go, if the word sounded a bit more Semitic. I think it's difficult to pinpoint a plural because it's a weird name - it sounds like Latin gradus, but it actually is a different word. I would go with Graidana as plural, or Graidanes.

Maybe other species have a chlorophyll coating, to optimize the results of sunshine absorption.

26. - Top - End - #356

Found two more: Hydrolaxians (the underwater-dwellers what give artifacts to glowing people who say "please") and the Suleppians.

There also seems to be a decent amount of orange, and one species that has relatively variable coloring.

Also, another pair of species descended from a common ancestor. How long have these guys been around?

(And another species that might be related to the Folirtins, giving us potentially a whopping three civilized species with a single common ancestor...)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Checking... Void 3 is a Shrixian, Void Archangel is a Graidan. Heck if I can figure out the pluralization/etc on the latter...
    Are we certain it's Void 3 that's causing the trouble? It's canon that there's a void angel Graidani, which are closely related/distantly related to the Graidan.

http://www.starpowercomic.com/the-graidan/

http://www.starpowercomic.com/the-graidani/
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Are we certain it's Void 3 that's causing the trouble? It's canon that there's a void angel Graidani, which are closely related/distantly related to the Graidan.

http://www.starpowercomic.com/the-graidan/

http://www.starpowercomic.com/the-graidani/
    Void 3. Cross-reference with... Void 3.

(Squinting at thumbnails is one of my superpowers.) Anyway, the Agoran is Void 2. And the human is Void 1.

(These schmucks got the three lowest numbers? How does that work?)

Anyway, one of the things that differentiates the Graidani from the Graidan is their monochromatic bug eyes. Because that's where the selection pressure is going to hit a civilized race. In the eye organs.

Seriously, why does having a confirmed common ancestor correlate with looking mostly the same, but with different eyes? The Folirtins and the Zentidai both have four eyes to the two of the Agorans and the Zentidei, while there's no way a Graidani eye would fit in a Graidan skull.

I feel like I cracked a secret code in the worldbuilding, and the message behind it is just telling me to buy Ovaltine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Void 3. Cross-reference with... Void 3.

(Squinting at thumbnails is one of my superpowers.) Anyway, the Agoran is Void 2. And the human is Void 1.

(These schmucks got the three lowest numbers? How does that work?)

Anyway, one of the things that differentiates the Graidani from the Graidan is their monochromatic bug eyes. Because that's where the selection pressure is going to hit a civilized race. In the eye organs.

Seriously, why does having a confirmed common ancestor correlate with looking mostly the same, but with different eyes? The Folirtins and the Zentidai both have four eyes to the two of the Agorans and the Zentidei, while there's no way a Graidani eye would fit in a Graidan skull.

I feel like I cracked a secret code in the worldbuilding, and the message behind it is just telling me to buy Ovaltine.
    Sigh, you're right.

Shouldn't that be real imitation Ovalquik?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Sigh, you're right.

Shouldn't that be real imitation Ovalquik?
    I suppose it depends on the millennium. Ovaltine is second millennium, Ovalkwik is fourth millennium, and I'm not sure what we have now. Although, in the US and Australia, there's less stopping them from trying to combine the formulas than I expected...

EDIT: Spelling and added a sentence.

EDIT 2: Fun fact: Ovalkwik appeared in Schlock Mercenary several years before Nestlé acquired the rights to Ovaltine in the US and Australia.
    Last edited by mwchase; 2016-05-14 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.