1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Flash, Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by themaque View Post
    I really would have liked to have seen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The flash crew try a little harder to say "We can help you! Bring Harrison, come to the lab, let us try to help!". I expect HW to be a Jerky McJerkface but the rest could/should have tried a little harder.
    Spoiler: You need to understand
    Show
    The guy was already old and unattractive, and the Flash crew had no way of making him young again in the short term. Of course, since his aging was tied to using his super strength, just by not using his power he could have bought years or even decades for them to cure him. However, that doesn't matter since during those years/decades he would have to live being old and unattractive. This is the CW. On the CW, being old and unattractive is a fate that is far, far, far, far, far worse than death.

No, tricking him into killing himself was the most merciful the Flash crew could do. The hope of one day possibly being cure, just wasn't enough to justify having to exist in the mean while as a homely, middle aged man.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    Spoiler: You need to understand
    Show
    The guy was already old and unattractive, and the Flash crew had no way of making him young again in the short term. Of course, since his aging was tied to using his super strength, just by not using his power he could have bought years or even decades for them to cure him. However, that doesn't matter since during those years/decades he would have to live being old and unattractive. This is the CW. On the CW, being old and unattractive is a fate that is far, far, far, far, far worse than death.

No, tricking him into killing himself was the most merciful the Flash crew could do. The hope of one day possibly being cure, just wasn't enough to justify having to exist in the mean while as a homely, middle aged man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ignoring the fact that you're probably right in some sort of meta level way, I don't now CW shows that much, they did TRY to reason with him. His response was to hulk smash at them

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

That episode.

Ho-ly crap. I can't even process what just happened.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

This show is really starting to make me hate week ahead previews.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #425

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    This show is starting to make me wish I could just hibernate until next Tuesday.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    yea, well I just told my best friend it was an IQ test... if you think the title character of a show died with 3 shows left to the season and a next season already confirmed... well you failed the test...
    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trish- 3rd/5th battlemaster fighter/infernal sword warlock (5e D&D)
    Vesper-6th Gen Tremer (OwoD)
    Emerald Star- PL13 GL of Earth (Mutants and Masterminds DCU)

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler: reaction
    Show

Glad I don't watch "next time" trailers.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreD&Dgirl View Post
    yea, well I just told my best friend it was an IQ test... if you think the title character of a show died with 3 shows left to the season and a next season already confirmed... well you failed the test...
    The title character is the Flash. Not Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Spoiler: reaction
    Show

Glad I don't watch "next time" trailers.
    All this talk about preview trailers....you realize that Flash hasn't had those for like weeks, right?

Anyway, this episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy ****. Not only is Zoom killing people left and right, we also got to see Earth-2 Dante! That's pretty sweet. Lots of intensity here.

Of course the kicker here of course is...Barry tries to recreate his powers. And he gets dusted HARD. Now, lets be real, I dont' think he's DEAD DEAD, but he certainly got consumed by the Speed Force. What's important is that of all the people caught in the explosion, only Wally and Jessica are heavily affected. And one of these people is a Speedster in the comics. So it looks like Wally's really gonna find that way to enjoy his intense speed AND desire to help people. I don't think Barry'll be back until the end of the season as a teaser, because it's gonna be the Wally West show for awhile.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I have nothing against Wally West in the comics. I don't even read the comics. I have nothing against Wally West in this tv show. However, if by the end of the season they kill off Barry for reals to put Wally West in as the Flash, I will stop watching. I really hate when television shows change their premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have nothing against Wally West in the comics. I don't even read the comics. I have nothing against Wally West in this tv show. However, if by the end of the season they kill off Barry for reals to put Wally West in as the Flash, I will stop watching. I really hate when television shows change their premise.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think they've killed Barry for real. He's just one or the speed force and freaking the hell out, most likely. Like I said I can see this season ending with a scene of Barry reforming and collapsing, after Wally has managed to "avenge" him.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    All this talk about preview trailers....you realize that Flash hasn't had those for like weeks, right?
    My brother saw one tonight, on the CW in Portland, Oregon. "Coming next week" sort of stuff.

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Chambers AKA "Jesse Quick."

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    My brother saw one tonight, on the CW in Portland, Oregon. "Coming next week" sort of stuff.

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Chambers AKA "Jesse Quick."
    ...nice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually in retrospect I knew this, Wells called her "Jessie Quick" after the last episode...and I didn't connect this to speedster powers today. Huh.

Guess we're getting two speedsters to make up for the loss of one.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-05-04 at 01:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Firbolg in the Playground

The title character is the Flash. Not Barry Allen.

1) My thoughts exactly.

2) There was a preview trailer at the end of my episode, and has been every week. For example, last week's preview trailer (for this week's show)
    Spoiler
    Show
    showed Barry strapped into the machine that Wells rigged up to contain the explosion and getting struck by lightning. Having seen this preview trailer, the first 80% of the episode was rendered a meaningless slog, because the whole "will he won't he" question was something we already knew the answer to before the question was ever asked.

This weeks was even worse
    Spoiler: This one's for next week's episode
    Show

Spoiler: "No, really, be warned it will make you miserable
    Show

We see Barry front and center; with the episode looking to focus on everyone trying to find Barry (and Barry trying to find a way home), as we determine he's not dead, just transported elsewhere (presumably Earth 3).
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Cisco stole the episode, the show and basically all their universe (do they have a shorthand, DCTVU?). Cisco is officially the best comicbook thing to appear on TV. Also a giant big nerd.

There's also all the major plot stuff but who cares?
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

15. - Top - End - #435

Speaking of missing things! I just remembered something this show casually mentioned that is kind of important.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Gerrick? That was my mother's maiden name". Jay and Barry are cousins! Not super important given they're from different Earths and we know Earth-1 Jay isn't powered BUT STILL. Kind of interesting!

That being said it does raise some interesting questions. It may also be the "Henry Allen is Earth-2's real Flash" we've all been waiting for, if Zoom was "named after my grand uncle." or something.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-05-04 at 09:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Cisco was the best part, indeed.

Spoiler: Arrow related stuff
    Show
    We also see Barry, with his speed powers, at the funeral in Arrow. I find it more likely that the funeral happened after he regained his speed, rather than before he lost it, so...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

Show
    We also see Barry, with his speed powers, at the funeral in Arrow. I find it more likely that the funeral happened after he regained his speed, rather than before he lost it, so...
    Spoiler
    Show

Man it's a good thing no one cares about Arrow (I kid). That or it just takes place before, which isn't unreasonable there has been a lot of down time. Of course the Supergirl crossover happened "in the future" of the current Flash timeline so whoooo knows! It might even just be a smokescreen to hide the events of Flash from people who haven't seen it yet!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Joe: "I'm sure you'll find something that can satisfy your NEED FOR SPEED and also let you HELP PEOPLE."
    Man talk about heavy handed foreshadowing. Even people who don't know that Wally West is a Flash in the comics probably could have predicted what's coming next.
    Last edited by Hytheter; 2016-05-04 at 10:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Show
    If true...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd have expected a scene where Barry lingers at the funeral long enough for Oliver to come across to talk to him.
    "Are you okay?" he asks.
    "Oh sorry its been a busy few months and I was... well..." Barry begins to reply.
    "What exactly?" Oliver asks a mite uncomfortable.
    "Well you came back after being supposedly dead, I came back after being turned into pure speed force I guess I'm wondering what's holding Laurel up" he sighs.

Well it is kind of true after all!

Last edited by Hopeless; 2016-05-04 at 11:12 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of missing things! I just remembered something this show casually mentioned that is kind of important.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Gerrick? That was my mother's maiden name". Jay and Barry are cousins! Not super important given they're from different Earths and we know Earth-1 Jay isn't powered BUT STILL. Kind of interesting!

That being said it does raise some interesting questions. It may also be the "Henry Allen is Earth-2's real Flash" we've all been waiting for, if Zoom was "named after my grand uncle." or something.
    Spoiler
    Show

They made it a point of keeping the camera on Wells2 after he mentioned that and walked off scene, hinting he Knows Something.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by Hytheter View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Joe: "I'm sure you'll find something that can satisfy your NEED FOR SPEED and also let you HELP PEOPLE."
    Man talk about heavy handed foreshadowing. Even people who don't know that Wally West is a Flash in the comics probably could have predicted what's coming next.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I found it cute in a cheesy sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

They made it a point of keeping the camera on Wells2 after he mentioned that and walked off scene, hinting he Knows Something.
    Spoiler
    Show

My guess is that through some long convoluted sort of thing, Harry Allen, in Earth-2 the original Jay Garrick, was the first Flash, an old Golden age hero. His grandson/grandnephew was named after him, and would eventually become Hunter Zolomon. Earth-2 Allen is the Man in the Mask.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Also Iris needs to go away. She hasn't stooped to Whatsherface from Arrow or Prettyboy from SHIELD levels of worthlessness but is well on her way.

Why do these comicbook tv guys always fail to do anything of worth with main lead's love interest?
    Spoiler: I'm Jay Garrick
    Show
    Masked Man is gonna be Henry2 and Barry2's dad will be some random guy due to a freak genetics accident. Or more logically (and less entertainingly) Masked Man will be Henry2's cousin Jay Garrick who died young at E1.

Also why have we been sitting on Masked Man Mystery for so long? After all this buildup, it's gotta be a huge spectacular thing for the grand finale and it was Barry's uncle! doesn't seem like that cool of a twist.

Spoiler: No it's me who's Jay Garrick
    Show
    You know what, no. Masked Man is Barry who got thrown to E2 past with this 2nd accelerator explosion and he'll save the day at the big season finale. He was spelling Jay to warn himself but didn't work.

Timeline? Pfft. Timeline is there to be broken, just ask Rip.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    Shameless shill:

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to guess Barry ended up in the Speed Force dimension as opposed to an Earth-3/4/5/etc.

Was wondering if they'd zap Wally when they mentioned recreating the particle accelerator last episode. Jesse getting hit was a bit of a surprise though.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #444

New episode!

Spoiler
    Show

Yup, Barry's in the Speed Force. I actually really like those scenes, they're trippy but in a sensible way. He grows as a person and catches up with himself. Little sad it's over so fast, but I think for the most part it's okay.

The zombie metal man plot was interesting, but I am bad and haven't watched Season 1 yet argh. Good jokes though.

Nice set up for Jessie Quick and Wally getting speedster powers. I like how Joe was trying to illicit a speedster response and it just...doesn't work, at all. I also like how Flash touching her hand woke her up. I hope everyone else saw that little jolt.

I did like the small army of meta-humans at the end though. Quick, Flash, and West will have quite a job cut out for them. I think I see some Earth-2 versions of Earth-1 villains in it too.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

E21:
    I don't care what they do with Iris, she's uniformly annoying. She's been ruined by terrible writing and nothing could salvage the character now except for replacement by Iris3+.

Not liking Speedforce being some mystical dream quest vision thing either. It's silly, more than the metalmetazombie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And my spider senses are telling me that redshirt army is gonna get chumped in an exceedingly illogical manner in a single episode. I had better be wrong about it.
    Shameless shill:

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

I liked it, it reminded me of one of the first flash stories I ever read. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Flash:_Terminal_Velocity

in that wally is the flash but ends about the same...just with a bunch of cool new powers for wally
    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trish- 3rd/5th battlemaster fighter/infernal sword warlock (5e D&D)
    Vesper-6th Gen Tremer (OwoD)
    Emerald Star- PL13 GL of Earth (Mutants and Masterminds DCU)

27. - Top - End - #447

I liked it, and thought Kevin Smith pulled out a good episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked the speed force, for the most part. I would want to know more but it's more spiritual aspects would help for an interesting take on Max Mercury.

Was I imagining things, or did they slow things down slightly when he dropped the mug?

I also wasn't thrilled with the meta-mosh-pit at the end. It felt... Meh super boring with few characters standing out to me despite all the flashing effects.

LaZodiac, Netflix, Hulu, DVD, you're running out of excuses. Catch up girl. ;-)

We know there will be a season 3, who wants to guess what really annoying cliffhanger we end season 2 on? Anyone?
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Was I imagining things, or did they slow things down slightly when he dropped the mug?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was just to build up a bit of tension for the audience. A moment of "maybe Wally will catch it". Sure, he could still be a speedster, but I doubt this moment was hinting at it.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

29. - Top - End - #449

I liked it, and thought Kevin Smith pulled out a good episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked the speed force, for the most part. I would want to know more but it's more spiritual aspects would help for an interesting take on Max Mercury.

I also wasn't thrilled with the meta-mosh-pit at the end. It felt... Meh super boring with few characters standing out to me despite all the flashing effects.

LaZodiac, Netflix, Hulu, DVD, you're running out of excuses. Catch up girl. ;-)

We know there will be a season 3, who wants to guess what really annoying cliffhanger we end season 2 on? Anyone?
    I have the DVDs for season 1 I just also have An Job so that's a thing. Next time I'm at Dad's I'll pick em up and watch them. Canada doesn't have a good netflix and we don't get Hulu at all.

The annoying cliffhanger will almost certainly be the man in the iron mask. We'll see who he is and get his name, but any details will be for next season.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It was just to build up a bit of tension for the audience. A moment of "maybe Wally will catch it". Sure, he could still be a speedster, but I doubt this moment was hinting at it.
    ...I got you that mug.