New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] The Rise of The Purple Dragons - IC

Aramil Holimion, Half-Elf Paladin - 12/12 HP | 16 AC

Aramil listens to Kaylessa with interest, gritting his teeth at the noise his companions are making. Why in the blazes would Tartle set him up with this group? The paladin gives a dejected sigh and addresses their host.

"I have been sent to answer a call for aid; and I will not leave it unanswered. You have my sword."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Ten gold apiece?" the Halfling asks, shoveling more food into his mouth. "Undead and plagued dwarves sound dangerous! How about that, plus accommodations and food? *URPPP!*" the gluttonous cleric tries to wheedle whilst unsuccessfully stifling a burp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20-1)[17]
    He doesn't have 8 Charisma for nothing!
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #93

DruidGirl

She looks at how the Halfling is scarfing down what she had brought out for everyone, "That is reasonable, Little Master, but I limit you to two pounds of food, per meal." Kaylessa would leave , then return with another bottle of wine and more buttered bread for the halfling, "I will have to get you one of Lorren's crumblecakes tomorrow."

She would answer any questions she could, but she was quick to retire once everything was settled, "Come to see me before you head out tomorrow."
    Spoiler: Sleeping and such
    Show
    Kaylessa has given you guys access to two rooms. You'll find two beds in each of the rooms and she has given you access to a folding canvas cot. The rooms are cozy with their own fireplace and washing station. There is an outhouse if you need it. :)

Breakfast is served at 7:30. Good persuasion roll.:).

Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-16 at 11:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Darvin Silverkeep

Darvin glares at the idiot Halfling. Even with room and board that wasn't great pay but he supposed they were stuck with it now - and he was still far too unfamiliar with what he still thought of as 'the future' to risk splitting with the group now.

At least the food looks good (what remains of it after Zook has passed through.)

5. - Top - End - #95

Ian

Ian genuinely laughs at the situation and plans to retire early... Ideally not alone. He scans the room for the most attractive woman and prepares a classic line.. Something about wanting to see a magic trick...

If unsuccessful after finishing his meal hell claim the most comfortable bed available.
    Spoiler
    Show

Charisma check (d20+1)[19]

6. - Top - End - #96

DruidGirl

Kaylessa would huff as she put away the last dish the halfling had used. She came back out to clean the bar. She sighed when she spotted Ian sitting with a smile on his face. Kaylessa would walk over to a pail and grab a rag,"The kitchen is closed until 7:00." Ian's eyes with look the middle-aged innkeep up and down, noting the rag in her hand, "Want to see a magic trick?"

Kaylessa would glare, but broke into a grin, "I am not in need of any magic, unless it..." Before she could finish Ian cleans the bar entirely in a whip. Kaylessa looked at the bar and then at the sorcerer, "helps clean." She would drop the rag in the pail and walk over, "You know there are those of us without magic. We have to get by own our own. It teaches us a lot of tricks your kind overlook." Ian is smitten (Being the instigator) by Kaylessa's bold move, and follows her up to her room for the night.

The next morning Kaylessa is on her game. She has a huge breakfast made and The Swinging Sword is busy with a few of the traders. The group's previous spot is reserved and made. The arrangement of food makes Zook's eyes pop; Coffee, goat milk, eggs, bacon, biscuits, crumblecakes, and 2 kinds of jam.

Kaylessa greets them as soon as they are winding down their meal, "Good Morning, how are you all feeling this morning?"

7. - Top - End - #97

Ian

Ian makes his way down, spelled clean as he is every morning. As he nears the table he gives Kalessa a wink, noticing how she has so much spring in her step for so little sleep. Ian takes a mug of hot bean brew, the aroma too much to resist as he waits for he newfound compatriots.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

After a good night's sleep, and certainly too much to drink, Devon sharpens and readies his weapons. More importantly, he sharpens and readies his mind by running through the mental drills Ferrok taught him, mentally recalling everything he may need to deal with the undead.

That done, Devon descended to the dining room, a mild headache, and definitely dehydrated. Devon sits and enjoys the breakfast while studying the map, looking for any indication of why this specific area may be important to the creatures.

Spoiler: Perception check: Map
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24]

Spoiler: Knowledge check: Cultist activity
    Show
    Wanted to check and see if Devon is aware of any cults operating in the area which he may have previously come across.

(1d20)[9]
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show

Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zook eats everything that was set in front of him.

Om nom nom nom nom!

Spoiler
    Show
    Zook's CON Save: (1d20+2)[10]
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-11-16 at 09:26 PM.
    Now Playing

10. - Top - End - #100

BlackDragon

Darvin Silverkeep

Darvin appears in the morning giving little sign he has slept uneasily. He regards Ian with amusement before turning to Kaylessa. 'Rested, thank you. I think we should speak with these Tarnlar children, to hear what they saw. Even the wildest tales sometimes have a sliver of truth to them.'

11. - Top - End - #101

Seating at the table, the paladin is quick to gather some choice bits onto his plate before the voidling inhales it all. It is frankly astounding how Zook can pack it away like that.

"I slept very well, thank you," he addresses Kaylessa. "Could you go into some more detail as to the recent happenings?"

12. - Top - End - #102

DruidGirl

The young waitress from last night, seemed to afraid to set the platter down and kinda dropped it for Zook's engulfing, before heading back to the kitchen with dishes. Kaylessa thought, "There isn't much else to go on. The children's story is just another in strange happenings around there." A moment later the Inn door opened inward and an armed man walked in. He seemed to be town authority. Kaylessa looked up, "O Harbuck! Fancy seeing you this morning." Harbuck bowed his head,"Hello Lady Irkell, I heard that a band of magic users rolled into town."

He would greet the group with a glare, but it was calculating as if sizing you up. "Hello, I am Harbuck, Red Larch's constable. I know Kaylessa has told you of Lance Rock, but there is a growing threat of bandits on Carin Road. We had a trader, who escaped with his life, give the most recent report. There is a reward and you can keep any spoils the bandits have."

Harbuck seems to be in a hurry, but is ready to field any questions. Kaylessa seems annoyed that Harbuck has asked you for help, but she is biting her tongue.
    Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-17 at 01:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Devon listens, nodding his head. "Have there been any other reports aside from children's story and this one merchant? No mysterious disappearances of livestock or farm goods? No other peculiar happenings?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #104

DruidGirl

Kaylessa would be quick to answer,"A farmhand went missing two months ago and we have received word of a trade cart being lost, prior to this." Harbuck nodded and added, "Yes, times are hard, but she is just mentioning reports around Lance Rock."
    Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-17 at 07:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Devon looks up at Harbuck and says, "And you don't want us poking around there?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #106

DruidGirl

Harbuck looks taken aback, "I wouldn't mind it being looked into, but I just had a trader in my office with a report of bandits making camp, in a cave, ten miles south." Harbuck turns to leave, "I just want you to check it out if you are headed that way. Remember your oath Purple Dragon." He says to Aramil, "You conquerors are meant to protect us." Kaylessa would smile as Harbuck left, but then turns to Devon, "Don't fault Harbuck, he is a good man. Him and his wife bend over backwards for this town."

The servant girl removed the empty plates and offered to freshen everyone's coffee. "This is a greater threat then some random bandits I am sure."

Customers began to enter the inn and some would give curious glances to the meeting with the innkeeper, "I must open. If you have any more questions, please ask them quickly."
    Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-17 at 10:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

"What does his wife do in town? How long has Harbuck been the constable?"

Devon begins packing some meats and breads before Zook can stuff it all away.

Show

18. - Top - End - #108

DruidGirl

Kaylessa would stand as she answered Devon, "Jalessa runs the Butcher shop. He has been Constable for about ten years or so." She would grab the mugs and look at everyone, "Please be careful." She would say looking directly at Ian, "All of you."

CRASH!!!

The young girl, clearly panicking and on the verge of tears, was standing over the broken pot "It is okay. Oliva, go get a broom and I'll get another pot." Kaylessa was eyeing her assistant with worry as the girl swept up the broken ceramic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Devon obtains 4 slices of ham and a loaf of bread. Enough for one meal for everyone, or four meals for yourself.

Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-17 at 11:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zook's degree of erudition differs in direct proportion to his satiety. Having stuffed his already-distended belly, the halfling bounces off the stool and nudges the innkeeper politely.

"Excuse me, dear lady," he says with a flourish. "Might you be able to direct me to a trusted furnisher of provisions for our quest? I am sure a set of manacles, a ten-foot pole, some sacks, chalk, and a signal whistle would prove most useful for my purposes."
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #110

BlackDragon

Darvin Silverkeep

Darvin looks at the panicked seving girl and moves over, a sympathetic smile on his face. 'Don't worry, Olivia is it? We'll cope well enough. Our party has a few tricks up their sleeves, and I'm sure our voidling over there can eat the opposition if he has to.'

21. - Top - End - #111

Aramil regards the retreating Harbuck with clear dislike. He did not have to be reminded of his oaths by complete strangers.

"I am here for a reason, and that is to aid Kaylessa and investigate Lance Rock. If there is time afterwards to look into Harbuck's matter, I'd be happy to do so. When can we be off?"

22. - Top - End - #112

Ian

As the young girl is on the verge of panic, Ian interjects with his normal grandiose charm, "Have little fear young lass, for I am here." But then his charm turns a bit darker and much more serious, "and I am far scarier than most of the things lurking in the shadows."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidation(d20+3)[5]. To show he is indeed not afraid and can be scary.

Edit: Damn dice ruining RP!
    Last edited by Zman; 2015-11-18 at 08:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A whisper in Zook's hushed voice suddenly issues from the air behind Ian's ear, courtesy of his Minor Illusion cantrip.

My dear fellow, I've just had a thought. Mayhap you would be far more convincing if you wipe off food stains from your face beforehand. It is just a suggestion though.
    Now Playing

24. - Top - End - #114

Ian

Ian is slinky disconcerted by the lying phantom voice, he'd never ever let food stains any any part of his body or clothing, that though made him far more uncomfortable than the voice.

25. - Top - End - #115

DruidGirl

Kaylessa came over and helped Oliva lift the broken ceramic into the trash bin,"It is quite alright. No need to employ magic in this circumstance." She would pause and address the question of supplies, "You should go see Vallivoe, he has a lot of odds and ends like that." The group would soon find the inn getting crowded and Kaylessa paying them less attention as the breakfast rush hit full tilt.

Spoiler: Olivia's thought
    Show
    What is going on here? Magic users are insane. Maybe that is how they get their power?

Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-18 at 09:41 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

"I agree with Aramil. We start with the cultists. If we haven't run in to the bandits by then", and if I can still put up with the madness, he thought, "we can go looking for them."

Devon packs his gear, and hides his four slices of ham and loaf of bread deep in his pack, safe from the grubby halfling hands.

Show

27. - Top - End - #117

BlackDragon

Darvin Silverkeep

Darvin glares at Ian, then smiled apologetically at Olivia. 'Forgive my friend, his tongue moves faster than his mind.'

Turning back to his companions, he says: 'I'm ready to depart if you are.'

Truthfully the promises of loot from fighting the bandits is more alluring but Darvin senses Aramil will not be swayed. Besides he has to admit the strangeness of the 'Plagued Dwarf' intrigues him.

28. - Top - End - #118

Ian

Ian responds quickly, not missing a step, "Oh, you wish your tongue was as fast as mine..." as he gives a wink to Kalessa.

29. - Top - End - #119

BlackDragon

Darvin Silverkeep

Darvin looks queasy and departs the inn before he can gag.

30. - Top - End - #120

DruidGirl

Kaylessa would fire a look at Ian, but she was already in the process of serving the coffee and eggs. There are people on the street and some turn to look, before going back to their tasks. You are greeted by the smell of the tannery as you approach Vallivoe's shop.

Vallivoe's house-shop is just across from the tannery. The door is ajar and an old, balding human greets your group, "Adventurers, Adventurers. You need random crap, huh? I got it. Here, come in, come in." The inside of the shop was packed with ancient and new gear alike. Vallivoe was happy to chit chat, before going off to find something for Zook. A shrilling noise was heard in the back of the small shop. Soon, Vallivoe returned with a whistle.

BREEEEEEET!

Vallivoe blew it once more right next to Devon, "I found it! Here little Buddy. Give it a rip!" Zook would chortle and grab the whistle. This time on the other side of Devon.

BREEEEEEET!

The scene closed with Vallivoe totaling Zook's gear, "2 gold 1 silver and 4 copper, Mr. Zook." The group thanks Vallivoe and steps back onto the road.

They set out towards the location marked by Kaylessa. A mile or so outside of town, the cultivated land gives way to unspoiled wilderness. Miles of hills, woods, and grassland stretch on as far as the eye can see, filled with plentiful wildlife. It is mid-day, or close, when the party happens upon a sight. Lance Rock is a narrow, twenty-five foot menhir of bare, gray rock that juts eastward at a 60 degree angle.

It doesn't take a trained eye to spot the well painted sign near the brush covered ravine.

It Reads:

Come no closer
    lest you catch
    the disfiguring plague
    that afflicts me!
    The Lord of Lance Rock.

Spoiler: Note!
    Show
    I usually ask the group, "What would you like to do?" That kinda goes without saying here :).
    All I really ask is for a marching order and any checks you want to do :).

Last edited by ncpunkin; 2015-11-18 at 05:10 PM.