New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: RWBY VII: Winter is coming

Spoiler: CU:V3E6
    Show
    Wait, we're at the finals already? Something bad's going to happen...
    Also I'm not sure what the prize is. Why are they fighting, again?
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Show
    Spoiler: V3E6
    Show
    The prize is "you get to be famous for winning the fight" and that's all we know. Our heroes don't even actually CARE about winning.

Also I'm not watching these "next time on RWBY" segments because I...never watch those XP

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Show
    Spoiler: Preview: V3E6
    Show
    Am I missing something? Or did a bunch of teams get disqualified off-screen?

Hmm, now I wonder if there's supposed to be more than one winner. We know Penny won her doubles match for sure, and SSSN and JNPR both made it through the quads, so maybe they're fighting later on in another separate "Finals" match? Was it ever stated that there was only one winner?

Also, why Mercury? Emerald seems to be a much more natural counter to Yang (who's shown clear weakness dealing with mobile & unconventional fighters). I mean, he's probably the easiest one of their whole group for her to fight.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler: V3C5
    Show

DES-TROYED

So yeah no the ominous music is, quite clearly, meant to be related to whatever Ozpin has planned. He called her "the maiden" and a name like that is usually used for someone that's sacrificed. My guess is that whatever Ozpin's "guardian" is, it'll involve something bad happening to the "maiden".
    Spoiler: V3C5 and V3C6+ Predictions
    Show
    A Pyrrhic victory?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #425

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler: V3C5 and V3C6+ Predictions
    Show
    A Pyrrhic victory?
    Spoiler: V3C5 and C6
    Show
    No a pyrrhic victory is when you win something where the consequences make it so that you may as well of lost. Pyrrha sacrificing herself to become some sort of god guardian thingo is less pyrrhic and more "awe that's sad but now you're a super god so it's okay."

I get what you're saying though

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgovernator View Post
    Spoiler: Preview: V3E6
    Show

Also, why Mercury? Emerald seems to be a much more natural counter to Yang (who's shown clear weakness dealing with mobile & unconventional fighters). I mean, he's probably the easiest one of their whole group for her to fight.
    Why?
    Spoiler: Preview V3E6, Why?
    Show

Because he is mercury, fast of foot, and personification of a god of speed and trickery and is always 1 step ahead of his enemies.

Sure Yang represents the Sun (Chinese for the Sunny Side) but Mercury revolves around the sun and is always one step ahead of the sun, he is never burnt by the sun and is instead just merely warmed by the sun. Yang may try to hit him but he is too fast to be burnt by her.

You need to look at this like you are a bard from Order of the Stick, Mercury si going to defeat Yang for its a good story and after the fact you are going to say the god's foretold his victory and left all these hints that he was going to win and it is now obvious

Why is it going to be Mercury who wins. For Yang defeating a villain makes the villains look weak and its not the 3rd act but merely the 1st or 2nd and thus its much too early for the heroes to win. Heroes always get worfed in the 1st or 2nd act.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: V3C5 and C6
    Show
    No a pyrrhic victory is when you win something where the consequences make it so that you may as well of lost. Pyrrha sacrificing herself to become some sort of god guardian thingo is less pyrrhic and more "awe that's sad but now you're a super god so it's okay."

I get what you're saying though

Spoiler: V3E6 preview
    Show
    remember the narrator and ozpin arguing in the very 1st episode

1:17_____But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die.
    1:24_____And when they are gone...
    1:27_____...darkness will return.
    1:37_____So, you may prepare your guardians...
    1:40_____build your monuments to a so-called free world
    1:44_____but take heed...
    1:47_____there will be no victory in strength.
    1:52_____Ozpin: But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that
    1:54_____you've long forgotten.
    1:56_____Things that require a smaller, more honest soul.

Pyrhha may become a guardian, a symbol to rally the Greeks during the 10th year of the war. He/She may win against the trojan hero hector but the victor will be a false victor and nothing will be gained and thus we have a Pyrhhic victory.

Ruby while weaker, more innocent, but also more brimming with hope even though she does not know why she is hopeful would make a better guardian. There is a reason why in the 1st chapter after that speech we heard over Ruby's headphones this will be the day...(they see you as small and helpless they see you as just a child surprise when they find out that a warrior will soon run wild).

We are still in Act 2 of the 3 or 4 act play, the villains will win even though you expect the heroes too, only for the groundwork to be laid for the real hero of the oral epic to win in a later act.

8. - Top - End - #428

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post
    Spoiler: V3E6p
    Show
    The only member of CRMSN we've seen lose any fight? Torchwick. And even that was arguably intentional.
    Spoiler: CU: V3E6
    Show

Roman's lost a bunch of times at this point, and only the last one seems like it benefits Team Evil's plans. Also, Mercury "lost" to Pyrrha, but that was by default after he learned what he wanted to.

But yeah, those are called competent villains. You have to make their defeat feel epic, interesting and unexpected, so there's a sense of accomplishment when the heroes win.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So I just got caught up with the last 3 episodes of RWBY and I have one burning question, namely how the heck is that long sword-falchion thing Crow uses a scythe? Secondary question; How the heck does he teach Ruby how to use her ungodly oversized blender scythe, it's a completely different weapon?

edit: and since my avatar appears to be broken again, is anyone taking requests for rwby avatars at the moment?
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2015-12-11 at 11:08 PM.
    Long-form Sig

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    So I just got caught up with the last 3 episodes of RWBY and I have one burning question, namely how the heck is that long sword-falchion thing Crow uses a scythe? Secondary question; How the heck does he teach Ruby how to use her ungodly oversized blender scythe, it's a completely different weapon?

edit: and since my avatar appears to be broken again, is anyone taking requests for rwby avatars at the moment?
    There are hints during the fight that the sword mode is like an alt form and it can telescope into an actual scythe, and hints that RWBY's could do the same.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

So next episode is out for sponsers. Something happens.

Spoiler: S3E6 Stuff goes down
    Show
    Big stuff. I'd prefer to wait to give my opinions, but sunshine and rainbows it all isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

13. - Top - End - #433
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler: S3C6
    Show
    Ruby, why did you have to say those exact words.

Also, the plot thickens!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Unspoilered since this is all stuff that occured Vol 3 Episode 3 or previous to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post

Its a scythe but we only barely got to see it in this video. Here is the scene when it is transforming into a scythe and it is 75% transformed. Here is the youtube link to the specific time in the fight, note how it curves behind his back.

https://youtu.be/vCO2mw4SlDM?t=535

We also have flashback scenes of him using it as a scythe

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: V3C6 Fall
    Show
    Well, I guess Cinder's little stunt drew some attention. It seems there are fun times ahead.
    I wonder how she managed to fool everyone. Is Neo's semblence that powerful or was this the power of the Fall-Maiden?
    And was getting the attention of the Grimm the only goal?

Speaking of the Maidens, I wouldn't be surprised if there are other potential vessels for these powers at Beacon.
    And I have a really bad feeling about this Aura-Transfer. Even if nothing goes horribly wrong it will mean Phyrra ceases to exist. Oh well, at least they pretend to give her a choice.
    Ozpin's comment that the story existed already makes me wonder. What is he? If he hadn't said it this way I would think he was the old man, but I'm relative certain he isn't what most people would call human.

Qrow insulting complimenting Phyrra's teammates skill was great. It certainly made a good impression on her
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

16. - Top - End - #436

Well I saw the episode. Thoughts on it are here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=303

Anyway, here are some things I can leave this thread.
    Spoiler: V3C6
    Show
    I sure hope Cinder didn't need Mercury for anything because he just got his knee shotgunned. Dude's not fighting...ever, ever again. He's lucky the leg is attached. Still no blood so maybe the shot isn't that bad?

I don't like the MAiden-Power thing. I think this is still a valid thing to say in this thread, but I feel it is too much. What differentiates it from the Aura power at all? I want to know why.

17. - Top - End - #437

PirateGuy

Spoiler: v3e6
    Show

omg so much plot all at once, but at least the Autumn name drop a few episodes back makes sense now...
    good fight, once again yang only wins because her semblance keeps her going. I was so happy when she broke that jerks leg. but then it turned out to be faked and i was sads...

first episode in a while where animation bothered me. the walking around and facial movement in the first half weirded me out this time...

so cinder wants to make people angry to draw grimm? wouldnt blowing up the walls or something get them in all the same?

also, atlas can transfer someones aura... so who is with me in thinking penny does not actually create her own aura but has some poor girls soul downloaded in to her by the man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Show

omg so much plot all at once, but at least the Autumn name drop a few episodes back makes sense now...
    good fight, once again yang only wins because her semblance keeps her going. I was so happy when she broke that jerks leg. but then it turned out to be faked and i was sads...

first episode in a while where animation bothered me. the walking around and facial movement in the first half weirded me out this time...

so cinder wants to make people angry to draw grimm? wouldnt blowing up the walls or something get them in all the same?

also, atlas can transfer someones aura... so who is with me in thinking penny does not actually create her own aura but has some poor girls soul downloaded in to her by the man?
    Show
    Not to mention the countless dead from the whole Paladin attack. And all the actual regular crime. I don't see why "Yang shoots a man's leg" is any big deal compared to some of this.

Yeah Penny is 100% definitely a stolen soul in a new body.

19. - Top - End - #439

PirateGuy

Show
    Not to mention the countless dead from the whole Paladin attack. And all the actual regular crime. I don't see why "Yang shoots a man's leg" is any big deal compared to some of this.

Yeah Penny is 100% definitely a stolen soul in a new body.
    Show
    the kneecapping isnt what draws the grimm, the massive amounts of people who dont like it is what draws them.

but yes, with some decent terrorism, and spreading of faunus racism i bet you get the job done sooner.

did mercury actually throw the fight or did he just use the situation?
    at least i hope his leg stays broken so this show actually has some consequenses for a change
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Show
    the kneecapping isnt what draws the grimm, the massive amounts of people who dont like it is what draws them.

but yes, with some decent terrorism, and spreading of faunus racism i bet you get the job done sooner.

did mercury actually throw the fight or did he just use the situation?
    at least i hope his leg stays broken so this show actually has some consequenses for a change
    Show

That's what I'm saying. Yang shooting Mercury in the knee causes people to get all negative and boo Yang. But this is what draws the Grimm? Not the actual acts of terrorism and murder, not the Grimm invasion, but...people upset that Yang shot a dude?

I think he actually lost. I too hope that he actually can't fight for a long, long time.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: V3E6 Be very very afraid.
    Show
    I think the grimm thing is a bit mistimed, but is meant to foreshadow the next episode. Its not the crowd booing Yang that drew the grimm, its been the general fear and unease in the air since the season 2 ending..or maybe Yang's fear, or the headmaster conspiracy's.

I think its a fair point about the maiden-powers. We all knew more powers were coming though. Ruby mentioned Cinder's glass power didn't seem to be semblance or dust, and Monty was very vague about the source of Neo's illusion power as well as Raven's portal power and dreamspeak power (did that actually happen?). Fairytale magic power....well add that to the list.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Spoiler: V3E6 Be very very afraid.
    Show
    I think the grimm thing is a bit mistimed, but is meant to foreshadow the next episode. Its not the crowd booing Yang that drew the grimm, its been the general fear and unease in the air since the season 2 ending..or maybe Yang's fear, or the headmaster conspiracy's.

I think its a fair point about the maiden-powers. We all knew more powers were coming though. Ruby mentioned Cinder's glass power didn't seem to be semblance or dust, and Monty was very vague about the source of Neo's illusion power as well as Raven's portal power and dreamspeak power (did that actually happen?). Fairytale magic power....well add that to the list.
    Show

Not for nothing, but what general fear and unease? We've been told there is, but from what we've seen everyone is happy and enjoying the festival.

I didn't think we've be getting more powers. I didn't see it coming at all. I don't remember Ruby saying that about Cinder if she did, but hey that's actually some foreshadowing except how can she tell we still don't know anything about any of these powers. I don't remember what Monty said about Neo or Raven's powers, and...it's still not entirely sure what that season 2 cliffhanger even meant so I don't even want to talk about it.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler: V3C6 - Wild Speculation
    Show
    What if the previous Summer maiden was in fact... Summer Rose, and Cinder somehow stole her power? It would make a lot of sense, when you think of it. Maybe Cinder is somehow stealing all the maiden's powers?

I liked the fight, and it's the first tine this season I like a fight. Good riddance Mercury! you're a jerk, and Yang put you in your place. You and Cinder's hacking framed her, but the truth will surface and she will be vindicated.

Edit: Thought some more on it
    Spoiler: V3C6 - S**t happens
    Show
    It seems like Ozpin and his people are more than what they seem at first glance. It now makes sense that Qrow's behaviour is tolerated, and his sponsorship certainly helps explain why Ozpin wanted Ruby. We've been given a big info dump and it didn't feel too forced. I pity Pyrrha, she's going to be schizo at best, totally unhinged at worst. Anyone want to bet that the aura transfusion won't work as expected? May I add that it's probably not even Cinder's hacking that causes issues? They're doing some pretty nasty stuff, if transferring aura means somehow transferring the soul of the donor.

Mind you, Penny is probably the result of someone "donating" his/her aura to the robot. While she's probably innocent as a child, her origins probably are not. Why won't I be surprised when the does a face-heel turn?
    Last edited by Kuroshima; 2015-12-13 at 05:34 PM.
    Antoni Ten Monrós
    GURPSoid - Here are my works
    Fate Lover and backer
    Spaniard Despite Himself
    English is my 4th language, so please, if I say anything offensive, don't take it personally, it's probably a misunderstanding.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's what I would do were I in that spot.

Spoiler: 3E6
    Show
    If I were running a tournament, I would make sure to register the semblance of every entrant.

If I were Yang, I would make sure to check the semblance of the person the fought plus the rest of their team.

I doubt they would do all of that in RWBY because rwby doesn't think about most things critically. However, should they do it, they have a built-in reason for the frameup to still work:

If it wasn't done through a semblance, but through the use of Cinder's maiden power.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    Gee, I wonder if its a coincidence that the main cast lines up nicely with the 4 seasons. Though honestly, if that fairy tale is true, I'm way more interested in who the old man was (Ozpin?) than the maidens. Doesn't that kind of make him a god if he can grant overwhelming power to girls who do him casual favors?

Though now I'm curious what part of Autumn's power Cinder has. It can't be her fire aura, as Glynda would probably have been more alarmed to see someone using that in the first episode, and it can't be the Glass stuff, for mostly the same reason.

Though we now have something like a clear villain motivation. It also makes sense why Mercury was scouting Pyrrha earlier if Cinder thought she might wind up as the "New Autumn", and Cinder's line about "Taking what power they have" is more revealing.

Also, this was an . . .interesting fight. On one hand, it felt like it was stuck in molasses the whole time compared to the normal RWBY stuff, but on the other hand it was one of the first close-quarters fights where I could actually tell what was going on the first time watching. I kinda liked it to be honest.

Oh, and I think that's confirmation that Neo (or someone on Team Evil) has illusion-ish powers. Though why Yang? and for that matter, why Mercury? Is getting Yang busted really that much of a benefit to risk having Mercury break his leg? This setup should have theoretically worked for any combination of fighters if the goal is to attract the Grimm through "Negative Emotions".
    Last edited by Dasgovernator; 2015-12-13 at 07:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=Kuroshima;20188903]
    Show
    What if the previous Summer maiden was in fact... Summer Rose, and Cinder somehow stole her power? It would make a lot of sense, when you think of it. Maybe Cinder is somehow stealing all the maiden's powers?

Spoiler: The Fantastic Four
    Show
    The four maidens looked to me a lot like Winter, Yang, and either Summer or Ruby (not sure who Fall looked like). I wouldn't be surprised if Summer was or Winter is a maiden. Certainly we are going to learn about these maidens in the next episodes and I wouldn't be surprised if Raven ends up transferring the power to Yang, or Winter to Weiss.

[QUOTE=Kuroshima;20188903][SPOILER=V3C6 - S**t happens]It seems like Ozpin and his people are more than what they seem at first glance.

Spoiler: S3E6 Understatement of the season nomination
    Show
    Actually...I think that part was pretty much always part of the territory from knowing they were the four members of the "secret guardians of the world" variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
    Show
    It now makes sense that Qrow's behaviour is tolerated, and his sponsorship certainly helps explain why Ozpin wanted Ruby.
    Spoiler: S3E6 someones Qrowing
    Show
    I saw the episode and I'm still not sure why Qrow's behavior is tolerated, and why that explains Ozpin's moving Ruby up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
    Show
    We've been given a big info dump and it didn't feel too forced. I pity Pyrrha, she's going to be schizo at best, totally unhinged at worst. Anyone want to bet that the aura transfusion won't work as expected? May I add that it's probably not even Cinder's hacking that causes issues? They're doing some pretty nasty stuff, if transferring aura means somehow transferring the soul of the donor.

Mind you, Penny is probably the result of someone "donating" his/her aura to the robot. While she's probably innocent as a child, her origins probably are not. Why won't I be surprised when the does a face-heel turn?
    Spoiler: S3E6 I found a Penny just laying on the ground today, aka She's alive! She's ALIVE!
    Show
    Ironwood just said that Atlas has been experimenting with Aura. We know Penny is the result of these experiments. Nothing as macabre as someone having their soul ripped away, blended with God-knows-what tech, and injected in metal and plastic had to happen. Penny could have simply been the results of other experiments and had a soul artificial created by distilling the leftover aura from dead bodyparts and mixing it up with dust and a ridiculous amount of energy while Ironwood cackled uncontrollably. See totally innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by bekeleven View Post

Spoiler: 3E6
    Show
    If I were running a tournament, I would make sure to register the semblance of every entrant.

If I were Yang, I would make sure to check the semblance of the person the fought plus the rest of their team.

I doubt they would do all of that in RWBY because rwby doesn't think about most things critically. However, should they do it, they have a built-in reason for the frameup to still work
    Spoiler: S3E6 There's such a thing as over-criticism; also known as the playground
    Show
    The question isn't "what you would do" but whether what RWBY and the tournament people do is plausible or at least believable.

Incidently, we know Juane is in the tournament and hasn't even discovered his semblance, and that Pyrrha's semblance is also unknown, so not everyone necessarily has a semblance. There's also been some speculation (and the writers have encouraged it) that semblances can evolve, change and level up over time.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Show
    Whole Lee Boop. That ending. So many unanswered questions. I need to know more. Why did you have to end it there? WHY???

Mercury Black is either taking a dive and completely faking the injury, or he's taking one for the team and the plan was always to have a teammate replace him in the finals.

What's going to happen to Yang now? Will the judges believe her? Will the world believe her (this was, after all, shown in a huge packed stadium and broadcast to all of the kingdoms)? Will her teammates believe her?

Got to hand it to Cinder & Co., that was a very good way to cause mass negative feelings (fear, disgust, doubt, hatred) across the entire population. 1) You have a huge stadium packed to the brim with people who are all in a close location together and seeing it in person. 2) It is being broadcast to everyone in the kingdom (and the other kingdoms).

The local population, including Ruby and her teammates (remember Ruby talking to Penny about War and Peace?) seem completely unaware that war is brewing, this means that it is most likely being covered up. Fights with the White Fang, the Paladins, and stuff like train bombs can be contained. This cannot.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Show
    Whole Lee Boop. That ending. So many unanswered questions. I need to know more. Why did you have to end it there? WHY???

Mercury Black is either taking a dive and completely faking the injury, or he's taking one for the team and the plan was always to have a teammate replace him in the finals.

What's going to happen to Yang now? Will the judges believe her? Will the world believe her (this was, after all, shown in a huge packed stadium and broadcast to all of the kingdoms)? Will her teammates believe her?

Got to hand it to Cinder & Co., that was a very good way to cause mass negative feelings (fear, disgust, doubt, hatred) across the entire population. 1) You have a huge stadium packed to the brim with people who are all in a close location together and seeing it in person. 2) It is being broadcast to everyone in the kingdom (and the other kingdoms).

The local population, including Ruby and her teammates (remember Ruby talking to Penny about War and Peace?) seem completely unaware that war is brewing, this means that it is most likely being covered up. Fights with the White Fang, the Paladins, and stuff like train bombs can be contained. This cannot.
    Show
    I'm going to question how terrorist activities and the actual deaths caused by the Paladin running wild could be covered up, but okay. I'm...absolutely unable to conceive covering up the Grimm Breakout. I have to say that's impossible to cover up.

I don't really believe anything that bad will happen to Yang. She'll tell her peace, and assuming medical technology is really good in this series like it seems to be what with the whole life preservation pod, it's not a LIFE ending injury. He'll need to stay off his leg for a long time though. So I'm guessing they'll let her off with a "first offense" thing. This is of course going off of a lot of assumptions, for all we know medical tech isn't that high because the whole "super life pod" thing isn't allowing cool medical stuff to trickle down into the non secret society world, and as far as anyone is aware Yang just horrifically maimed this kickdude. So I guess we'll see.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgovernator View Post
    Show
    Gee, I wonder if its a coincidence that the main cast lines up nicely with the 4 seasons. Though honestly, if that fairy tale is true, I'm way more interested in who the old man was (Ozpin?) than the maidens. Doesn't that kind of make him a god if he can grant overwhelming power to girls who do him casual favors?
    Show
    I'm pretty sure the old man isn't actually a real entity, that's just part of the legend.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Show
    I'm pretty sure the old man isn't actually a real entity, that's just part of the legend.
    Show

Then where did the power come from? And if the legends are all meant to be "true things just forgotten" then isn't that story meant to be like...the truth?