New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hero Academy #2: Whodunit

FX ponders the situation for a moment before going into his rather clunky utility belt to pull out what looks like a cell phone headset that got into a fatal argument with a Virtual Boy. He waves his hands around for a moment or two...

Security Cracking Roll (1d20+28=44)

2. - Top - End - #62

It takes about a minute, but FX manages to hack the old system. Using the gadgets and programs at his disposal, he now controls the scanners in the room as well as the door.

((For the record, though, I prefer handling rolls myself))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #63

FX cracks a grin while waving his hands some more. He makes the scanners read that the group has stopped moving and just slumped against the wall, seemingly in despair. The door unlocks, seemingly by itself. With that loud click, FX tucks the headset back in his belt. "Let's go. In about a minute, it's going to relock with no record of unlocking or opening. Damn, I'm good."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Hey sun_tzu, did you get my PM? or is your inbox full?

Quote Originally Posted by Axelgear View Post
    Sekhmet just pauses as she sees for the briefest of brief moments, though for Celerity it was probably an eternity, her companion stare at the wall. As Sekhmet ponders, she looks to Celerity and asks "Hey, Thelerity, why're you thtaring at the wall? Or were..." She mutters at the end, finding it a silly question but one worth asking.
    "Well like I said I can see through walls well usually I can right now though these walls are as opaque as any"

Watching FX work, Celerity starts goofing around for a bit. There's not much room to play in the cell, so she refrains from bouncing around too much, but eventually settles on making some decoys of the team to stand around the cell. Not that it'll likely fool them for long, but hey.

When FX succeeds, Celerity lets out a whoop and says "Good job! That cell was getting old," and starts scanning the place with her penetrating eyes. If it turns out she can see through the rest of the complex better than the cell, she'll start going ahead, making sure to avoid getting close to the oncoming Freaks (as a breeze would probably give the team's escape away).
    Be bold, and powerful forces will come to your aid.

Darian Dawnstrider Avatar by Sampi

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    KAPOW!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet looks to Celerity curiously, more focused on the looking-through-walls thing than anything else. She places a hand... Paw... Manipulative appendage on Celerity's shoulder to stop her from dashing off right away. She's curious about this sight-beyond-sight that Celerity possesses and needs to ask.

"Thelewity," She begins, "How do you do it? I mean, how do you look thwough wallth?" She tilts her head, crossing her arms.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse

Powerhouse nods towards FX and follows in after them, not speaking but trying to look around, inspecting the next obstacle

((sorry, didn't really seem like he had much to add))
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

7. - Top - End - #67

"Good job" says Bleu-Blanc-Rouge. "one less hurdle to worry about. What's the plan now?" he turns toward Powerhouse.

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Powerhouse

"Well we move now, and get to the main area where Captain Crime is...We gotta be fast and hit hard, otherwise the sensors will let them know we're out...Celerity might be fast enough for the sensors to not even register her movements, or FX could block them...Either way works, but the bottom line we need to get out of the cell first now while it's still open"
    he said making his way out and examining his surroundings

It's hard to make a plan without knowing the exact details...I make plans when the battle is actually there, not before hand, too many variables to consider...
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet looks to Celerity curiously, more focused on the looking-through-walls thing than anything else. She places a hand... Paw... Manipulative appendage on Celerity's shoulder to stop her from dashing off right away. She's curious about this sight-beyond-sight that Celerity possesses and needs to ask.

"Thelewity," She begins, "How do you do it? I mean, how do you look thwough wallth?" She tilts her head, crossing her arms.
    There's a split-second pause as Celerity thinks about this for a little bit, before earnestly answering "With my eyes? I really don't know"

Turning to PH she says "Want me to go scout boss? Although does anyone know if any of the Freaks are speedsters, or anything about their abilities? I can just take my chances either way but..."

((Let's grab some appropriate Knowledge checks.))
    Last edited by Dawnstrider_Moogle; 2007-08-22 at 01:33 PM.

KAPOW!

10. - Top - End - #70

This isn't exactly the most common bit of lore around...However, some of you recall some details.
    Star Fist ((If Suzaku's rejoining, since he's recently sent me a PM)):
    Spoiler
    Show
    You remember watching a documentary on the History channel about Dr Trick. The Freaks he created toward the end were pretty varied both in powers and appearance.

FX:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've read some online compilations about genetically-engineered monsters. Dr Trick's Freaks were among the first. While you're not sure which ones can be expected on this exercise, it seems likely that super-strength, super-speed and claws will be somewhere on the menu.

Sekhmet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are some books and files at the Academy that Techno-Paladin left for you guys to browse in your free time. Just a few days ago you read an account of the Battle of Freak Fortress by one of the now-retired Ohio Rangers ((in other words, natural 20 on knowledge check )). You're pretty positive one of the Freaks had super-speed. You also recall Captain Crime could control fire...and if the name wasn't a giveaway, he was not a very sane individual.

11. - Top - End - #71

FX pipes up. "I recall reading something about 'em. I remember two brawlers and a speedster. The two brawlers come in superstrong and slasher flick flavors."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet pauses at this and stays at the back of the group. She stares intently at the wall, soon beginning to hover just off the ground until her focus begins to manifest as the air around her rapidly heating up. Her eyes close slowly, and when they open, they are illuminated by a bright blue glow and she glares about "I'm doing it! I'm looking thwough wallth!" She cheers, seeing through at least the paint coating... And through the clothes of her team-mates... Sekhmet promptly blushes deeply and closes her eyes and covers them with her hands. "Ok, not doing that again... I theem to recall thomthing I read on thith. There'th at leatht one Freak with thuper-thpeed. And Captain Cwime hath fire manipulathion abilitieth... I think..." She says, hoping she recalled right. She then gently floats down to the ground and opens her eyes again, the glow gone.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celerity bounces and cheers. "
    AWESOME
    We can look through things together! Hmm If they've got a speedster too I should hang back although if these Freaks are as crazy as you'd think from the name I'm surprised he's not here already before the rest of his team Either way we should get moving before they get here If we do this right we can avoid them completely!"

Celerity tries to see if she can see where the bad guys are at right now before they reach the cell (and, if possible, find an exit).

KAPOW!

14. - Top - End - #74

As with the dungeon, the walls are made with a material that doesn't allow you to see past the first few millimeters.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

As with the dungeon, the walls are made with a material that doesn't allow you to see past the first few millimeters.
    "Hmm I can't see through these wallsMaybe your Goddess-Vision can! But either way I had an idea If that speedster is too fast for you to blast SekhmetI can do a few flips that'll be sure to put him right in your sights for just long enough for you to fry him without having to tire yourself out with the explosive fireball trick again It'll be like ping pong but with a burning bad guy instead of a broken ball!"

KAPOW!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet nods, liking Celerity's upbeat attitude. She too tries to look through the walls, though makes very certain she only looks in the direction of the walls and nowhere else. Sekhmet's sight-beyond-sight is from a different source, so it might just do something Celerity's doesn't, right? She crosses her arms and focuses, eyes glowing again.

"I like that idea, Thelewity. I'll give a thwy." She agrees and nods. but doesn't dare turn her head to look at Celerity. Once she gets the result of whether she can look through walls or not, she simply stops looking and turns to give her friend a kind smile. Though a small part of her can't remember the old adage No plan survives first engagement with the enemy

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Star-fist looked around the cell not sure what to do. “Well push comes to shove I can attempt to teleport through the wall and attempt to hide from scanners. However I can offer no guarantees, besides common sense tells me it seems to block super powers.” Said Star-Fist as study the walls that Celerity attempted to look through.

18. - Top - End - #78

FX dons the goggles again. Gotta do everything myself. Let's crack those wall sensors and make the enemy blind to our presence...

OOC: Since you like rolling, oh mighty DM, feel free!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Watching FX don the goggles, Celerity asks:

"Hey FX think you can find out where they are right now so we can avoid them?"
    Last edited by Dawnstrider_Moogle; 2007-08-28 at 09:41 PM.

KAPOW!

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    FX dons the goggles again. Gotta do everything myself. Let's crack those wall sensors and make the enemy blind to our presence...

OOC: Since you like rolling, oh mighty DM, feel free!
    You can hack the sensors on the nearby wall...But you can't hack the entire base at once. The control system seems decentralized, without a main computer you could run everything through. Each zone of the fortress would require a minute or two to hack individually - the whole thing could take hours.

Star-fist looked around the cell not sure what to do. “Well push comes to shove I can attempt to teleport through the wall and attempt to hide from scanners. However I can offer no guarantees, besides common sense tells me it seems to block super powers.” Said Star-Fist as study the walls that Celerity attempted to look through.
    ((Wait, so are you trying to teleport?))

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Nope asking the group if I should))

22. - Top - End - #82

FX frowns as he removes the goggles. "Unfortunately, no. He's set up his sensor system in a decentralized manner. Meaning it would take hours for me to track it back to the main computer. We're probably better off just running ahead and pounding stuff."

23. - Top - End - #83

((So...what do you all DO?))

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Sekhmet's been staring at a wall for a while now...))

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Waiting for someone to provide suggestion ^^'))

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I want to know if Sekhmet can see through walls before she says anything))

27. - Top - End - #87

((I want to know if Sekhmet can see through walls before she says anything))
    ((Same as Celerity - only the first few millimeters. The walls seem capable of blocking the sight.))

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sekhmet pauses a moment and shakes her head, glowing eyes fading and she grasps her head, shuddering. X-Ray Vision made her head feel all oogy...

"I've got nothing." She shrugs "How do you teleport? I mean, if you move through the intervening matter, won't you hit the energy field go splat?" She asks cautiously and then thinks a moment. Before a response can be given, Sekhmet pivots and swings her full and fearsome 120 pounds of body weight into a blow against the wall. Impulsive thought leads to action, and she tries to punch a hole in the wall.

29. - Top - End - #89

Sekhmet pauses a moment and shakes her head, glowing eyes fading and she grasps her head, shuddering. X-Ray Vision made her head feel all oogy...

"I've got nothing." She shrugs "How do you teleport? I mean, if you move through the intervening matter, won't you hit the energy field go splat?" She asks cautiously and then thinks a moment. Before a response can be given, Sekhmet pivots and swings her full and fearsome 120 pounds of body weight into a blow against the wall. Impulsive thought leads to action, and she tries to punch a hole in the wall.
    There is a loud bang, followed by a lot of pain in Sekhmet's knuckles. The wall isn't even dented.

30. - Top - End - #90

FX snickers. "Maybe not the best plan. I vote for heading forward and thrashing anyone who shows their face. Anyone else agree?"