New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XIX: Worth a Third of Your Grade

Well as the guy who proposed it initially, put me down for the Endothermic one.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

About the new comic: is this the professor Agatha was looking after and the rogue smoke knight?
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    About the new comic: is this the professor Agatha was looking after and the rogue smoke knight?
    The rogue smoke knight is a definite, given that the other one called them "Madwa" and that's the name of the rogue. Not 100% certain on the professor, but frankly, who else is it likely to be? Really don't see why they'd introduce another character at this point.

4. - Top - End - #1474

New vote: "I'm more into death and sneaking"
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I'd like to vote for Endothermic, full length please.

And this new vault looks interesting, doesn't it? I wonder if whatever Lady Selnikov was looking for will be in this one?

6. - Top - End - #1476

I vote Endothermic as well.

That does look like almost identical to Violetta's flashback panel of Uncle Tick Tock..

That said, though, since Madwa is there, what is Lucrezia hoping to get out of this? And why is Zardilev working with her?

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course you don't need notes for how to open a time-locked door that's going to open on its own when Agatha's going to get there.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Oh jeez. I hope Varpa is staying well back. If Madwa sees her, I don't think there'll be much doubt there'll be no more kissing, period.

(I wonder how even Agatha's group will do against a master - and supremely evil - Smoke Knight?)

Have we heard of the late Bartleby before? I wonder what they learned from the poor guy. And why Zardeliv is working for the Other, if he truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    Of course you don't need notes for how to open a time-locked door that's going to open on its own when Agatha's going to get there.
    We'll see. It may be the clock is there for something else ("At six seconds push lever A, at seven seconds raise it again, at eight seconds push lever B, etc, etc")

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I see:

Inherently Heretical: 5 (Petersohn, SZbNAhL, SlyGuyMcFly, Memnarch, TheGlyphstone)
    Endothermic....: 9 (Grif, Kantaki, Hand of Shadows, Rodin, Grey Wolf, Qwertystop, Narkis, PePe QuiCoSE, Adaon Nightwind)
    Mostly Dere's A Lot Ov Biting: 1 (eshmenck)
    Less Kissing - This is Important: 1 (hajo)

Uncertain due to multiple votes: (Shining Wrath, eee)
    I ordered mine: Less Kissing was first place.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i would vote less kissing, not no kissing
    but its much too late at this point

so put me down for Endothermic blah blah blah
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Colossus in the Playground

The full endothermic line gets my vote
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm for the shorter "Inherently heretical". It's quicker and more to the point. The rest of it just detracts from the whole as a thread title.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

Without casting a vote, I'd like to note that the shortened title "Inherently Heretical" claims that the comic is heretical, while the longer title "Endothermic Lifeforms Are Inherently Heretical" claims that the person reading the thread title is heretical, which may or may not be a desirable distinction.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Dwarf in the Playground

Please note:

While reading backwards to confirm for myself the name of the renegade Smoke Knight, i noticed that the sentence of the old bishop clank is indeed:

"All EXOTHERMIC Lifeforms are.." and not Endothermic. I would therefore like to change my vote to:

"All Exothermic Lifeforms are inherently heretical". Thanks :)

Relevant link:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20160509
    Huckster-Avatar by Mehoaido from DeviantArt. And yes, the cat is called "Salem".

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ettin in the Playground

I think people may be ignoring that because it is (a) a retroactive edit and (b) somewhere between "wrong" and "not even wrong". On the other hand, there is something to be said for titles that correspond to comic text. On the other other hand, that just makes it even more of an inside joke. So, who knows.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    That said, though, since Madwa is there, what is Lucrezia hoping to get out of this? And why is Zardilev working with her?
    I'm not certain, but I doubt that Zardilev has any choice in the matter. I rather hope he didn't get involved willingly for Violetta's sake. Or maybe he got in deeper than he was hoping to.

I'm wondering if the vault door is really a surprise to Zardilev. He may have decided that he wouldn't live long after he opens it, so he's just stalling. He might have even seen Varpa and might have guessed that help is on the way.

I wonder how well Hoffmann will be able to see smoke knights now. I'm hoping that he saves Larana sooner or later. Maybe his helmet will provide a way.

ADDED: The more I think about it, the less likely it seems that Zardilev would be flummoxed by the door. I'm pretty sure that he's just stalling now.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-05-21 at 02:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1487

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    what is Lucrezia hoping to get out of this? And why is Zardilev working with her?
    The obvious answer to that first question is that the target of all this intrigue, and what is inside the vault, is Prende's Chronometric Lantern. And Lucrezia is involved because she hates Mechanicsburg and wants to see it stay time-frozen. As for why she hates it.. it's been established that native inhabitants of that city don't get wasped for some reason. Again, the obvious answer is that there is something in the Dyne water, even after it leaves the Castle, that makes them immune.

As for Zardilev, who knows. It could be that his supposed disinterest in family politics was all a ruse that Violetta fell for. It would be very interesting to hear what Tarvek thinks of him. And if he really is having trouble breaking in (not surprising if Van Rjin the Master-Spark built the door) then I bet that Hoffman's new helmet ends up helping somehow.
    Last edited by geoduck; 2016-05-21 at 10:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

There's also the "FOR SCIENCE!" motivation. Zardilev doesn't care who funds him as long as he gets to do his research.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Alright, "Endothermic" is running away with this. We're almost at post 1500 and having a fresh clean thread for Monday/Sunday night seems good to me.

Gonna start the new thread as soon as the 60 sec post window passes.

Not gonna use the "Exo" one because it might get changed back and it makes for a better in-joke as Lethologica noted.

Link to new thread: Girl Genius XX: Endothermic Life Forms Are Inherently Heretical

So go over there and start posting already!
    Last edited by Porthos; 2016-05-21 at 10:49 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #1490

As for Zardilev, who knows. It could be that his supposed disinterest in family politics was all a ruse that Violetta fell for. It would be very interesting to hear what Tarvek thinks of him. And if he really is having trouble breaking in (not surprising if Van Rjin the Master-Spark built the door) then I bet that Hoffman's new helmet ends up helping somehow.
    That's a thought. Zardilev's disconnect from family politics means he doesn't know about Madwa going renegade.