New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Rob's Epic Level Campaign Continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "Dr. Nimm, please tell these creatures both Tiamat and Bahamut have sent us to stop Chromaticus. Perhaps Chromaticus will receive mercy from them if he repents and humbles himself before them."
    Arcivus is very satisfied by xaviers suggestion, he readies himself for battle.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I repeat Xaviers words verbatim and wipe some more blood off my nose.

Check out the rad colors on those creatures. This is some good **** after all.
    Xavier, you can speak to them, but it is slow and awkward as the language itself is variable. Dr. Nimm, however, seems completely fluent in a matter of minutes. They respond:

Taimat?

Bahamut?

The 4 are now all very close to you. Again, large for dragons this age. Quite large actually, but not to the extent where you all feel threatened. They seem curious about you, but there is something in their eyes that is sinister and unpredictable.

Kyle backs away, closer to the group and slips subtly into a shadow. They do not seem to notice.

Christopher maintains a grim demeanor, keeping his weapon at the ready.

Leena, bow still drawn on the creatures, does not look very happy and is almost waiting for someone to give the signal.

We do not know them, but they sound weak!

They cannot defeat father.

No, we must inform him, yes. We must.

One of them hisses at you in defiance, and they all start to skitter away.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2016-08-19 at 04:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Xavier, you can speak to them, but it is slow and awkward as the language itself is variable. Dr. Nimm, however, seems completely fluent in a matter of minutes. They respond:

Taimat?

Bahamut?

The 4 are now all very close to you. Again, large for dragons this age. Quite large actually, but not to the extent where you all feel threatened. They seem curious about you, but there is something in their eyes that is sinister and unpredictable.

Kyle backs away, closer to the group and slips subtly into a shadow. They do not seem to notice.

Christopher maintains a grim demeanor, keeping his weapon at the ready.

Leena, bow still drawn on the creatures, does not look very happy and is almost waiting for someone to give the signal.

We do not know them, but they sound weak!

They cannot defeat father.

No, we must inform him, yes. We must.

One of them hisses at you in defiance, and they all start to skitter away.

By the notion of the gods of his pantheon being weak, Arcivus is enraged!

And as if he is fuled by divine inspiration he speak with a booming voice

"WE WILL NOT BE DISMISSED LIKE THIS! YOU!"
    Arcivus points at the smallest of the dragons

"YOU GO!" "THE REST STAY"

"YOU FOUR MOVE TO THE WALL, FRONT AWAY"

Arcivus is gripping oathbringer hanging on his back while issuing these orders to his foe. If they done behave as he want, Arcivus make hand gesturing motions
    ]
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2016-08-20 at 02:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    By the notion of the gods of his pantheon being weak, Arcivus is enraged!

And as if he is fuled by divine inspiration he speak with a booming voice

"WE WILL NOT BE DISMISSED LIKE THIS! YOU!"
    Arcivus points at the smallest of the dragons

"YOU GO!" "THE REST STAY"

"YOU FOUR MOVE TO THE WALL, FRONT AWAY"

Arcivus is gripping oathbringer hanging on his back while issuing these orders to his foe. If they done behave as he want, Arcivus make hand gesturing motions
    ]
    I'd typically call for a check here, but I'll just roll with it.

Arcivus' booming voice stops the creatures in their tracks. They heed his words, but then that sinister look can be seen once again in their eyes.

Yes, (looking at one of the wyrmlings) go on and tell father that we have visitors. The rest of us will keep them company!

At that, the one furthest away looks to continue in while the other 3 lower their heads as if to strike! Initiative!

Intiative Order:

Leena (30)
    Kyle (28)
    Chaos Wyrmling 2 (20)
    Chaos Wyrmling 4 (16): fleeing
    Dr. Nimm (15)
    Chaos Wyrmling 3 (14)
    Arcivus (7)
    Chaos Wyrmling 1 (6)
    Xavier (5)
    Christopher (4)

They are about 25 feet away, quite spread evenly, in almost a diamond formation. The terrain is rough, so unless you can fly, it must be treated as such.

Leena acts first and looses 2 arrows at the fleeing Wyrmling (number 4), both arrows striking for 28 damage. Kyle closes on the lead wyrmling (1) and looks for an ally to close before taking a swing (Delay).

Wyrmling 2 closes on Kyle and unleashes a breath weapon! A cone of frost is expelled from the creature, catching Kyle and Arcivus. Both succeed in their saves, taking only 14 damage each.

Wyrmling 4, although injured, escapes down the dark tunnel and out of sight.

This brings us to Dr. Nimm. Go!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Dr. Nimm Prepared Spells

Spells Known:
    C (U/U): Blade Ward, Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Mending
    1 (4/4): Cure Wounds*, Chromatic Orb*, Feather Fall, Sleep
    2 (3/3): Aid*, Blur, Lesser Restoration*, Misty Step*, Mirror Image*, Ray of Enfeeblement, Alter Self
    3 (3/3): Dispel Magic*, Hypnotic Pattern, Fly*, Fireball, Tongues
    4 (2/3): Death Ward*, Freedom of Movement*, Aura of Purity*, Fabricate, Fire Shield*
    5 (3/3): Contagion*, Greater Restoration*, Mass Cure Wounds*, Wall of Stone*, Raise Dead*
    6 (2/2): Chain Lightning*, Contingency* (Freedom of Movement), Disintegrate*, Heal*, True Sight*
    7 (2/2): Finger of Death, Forcecage*, Resurrection, Regeneration
    8 (1/1): Clone, Incendiary Cloud, Mind Blank
    9 (1/1): Mass Heal*, Meteor Swarm*, Time Stop*
    *prepared (26)

This was a while ago. Not sure what changes you last made.

6. - Top - End - #396

Good enough. Thank you sir.

"Leena! I need you and Reli to help catch that fleeing Wyrmling! Come, Mr. Benson!"

I take the dash action and also move. I have boots of springing which put me at 40 i think.

Finally I use my bonus action to cast misty step to get ahead even further.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Good enough. Thank you sir.

"Leena! I need you and Reli to help catch that fleeing Wyrmling! Come, Mr. Benson!"

I take the dash action and also move. I have boots of springing which put me at 40 i think.

Finally I use my bonus action to cast misty step to get ahead even further.
    Leena nods in agreement.

Leena: I'm on it!

Dr. Nimm dashes down the cavern, dodging the steps of fire and rocky pikes that come up, seemingly out of nowhere, from the inside of the tunnel.

I don't have you down on the Boots of Striding and Springing (you have WARS, CRUD, and the Tome of the Keeper attuned), but you can still use the Dash action. The rough terrain does cut your movement in half, but with Misty Step, you get right in front of (within 5 feet of) the fleeing wyrmling. It looks at you and snarls, looking back as if trying to figure out how you got her so quickly.

Wyrmling 3 closes in on Kyle as well, who is now at point, breathing yet another breath weapon in your area! This one is actually a blast of fire, catching Arcivus for 32 damage. Kyle is able to completely evade the blast, at the dismay of the wyrmling.

This brings us to Arcivus. You have Kyle at point, looking for support, with 3 wyrmlings on him.

--

Intiative Order:

Leena (30)
    Kyle (28)
    Chaos Wyrmling 2 (20)
    Dr. Nimm (15)
    Chaos Wyrmling 3 (14)
    Arcivus (7)
    Chaos Wyrmling 1 (6)
    Xavier (5)
    Christopher (4)

8. - Top - End - #398

Oh, sorry. Must be that 3 item limit thing. I guess they are in my bag then.

"Ha! You thought you could outrun a litle old gnome! Yoj were MISTAKEN! I engage in daily regimens of vigorous exercise and stretches, enhanced with the power of internal alchemy! Ha! Your ignorance is amusing!"

(wipes blood from nose)

9. - Top - End - #399

SolithKnightGuy

Leena nods in agreement.

Leena: I'm on it!

Dr. Nimm dashes down the cavern, dodging the steps of fire and rocky pikes that come up, seemingly out of nowhere, from the inside of the tunnel.

I don't have you down on the Boots of Striding and Springing (you have WARS, CRUD, and the Tome of the Keeper attuned), but you can still use the Dash action. The rough terrain does cut your movement in half, but with Misty Step, you get right in front of (within 5 feet of) the fleeing wyrmling. It looks at you and snarls, looking back as if trying to figure out how you got her so quickly.

Wyrmling 3 closes in on Kyle as well, who is now at point, breathing yet another breath weapon in your area! This one is actually a blast of fire, catching Arcivus for 32 damage. Kyle is able to completely evade the blast, at the dismay of the wyrmling.

This brings us to Arcivus. You have Kyle at point, looking for support, with 3 wyrmlings on him.

--

Intiative Order:

Leena (30)
    Kyle (28)
    Chaos Wyrmling 2 (20)
    Dr. Nimm (15)
    Chaos Wyrmling 3 (14)
    Arcivus (7)
    Chaos Wyrmling 1 (6)
    Xavier (5)
    Christopher (4)
    Arcivus activates his winged boots and tries to maneuver on the opposite side of the dragons without provoking AoO from either, and still being able to hit the dragon that Kyle is closest to or the one in the middle, if it doesn't make a difference - you decide. But keep in mind Id like to be in melee range of two dragons. (this is an attempt to make it just a little harder to hit us with the breath. Arcivus may even decide to hover 10ft in the air if thats an advantage btw does high ground give advantage?)

Kyle, my good man, lets end these demons quickly! We have a greater foe ahead of us, and Id rather not meat it while engaged with these.

Arcivus attacks the optimal creature
    1: 18 + 15-5 = 28 ; (2d6)8 + 19 + (2d8)10 = 37
    2: 18 + 15-5 = 28 ; (2d6)7 + 19 + (2d8)11 = 37

OA/Cleave: roll 1
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus activates his winged boots and tries to maneuver on the opposite side of the dragons without provoking AoO from either, and still being able to hit the dragon that Kyle is closest to or the one in the middle, if it doesn't make a difference - you decide. But keep in mind Id like to be in melee range of two dragons. (this is an attempt to make it just a little harder to hit us with the breath. Arcivus may even decide to hover 10ft in the air if thats an advantage btw does high ground give advantage?)

Kyle, my good man, lets end these demons quickly! We have a greater foe ahead of us, and Id rather not meat it while engaged with these.

Arcivus attacks the optimal creature
    1: 18 + 15-5 = 28 ; (2d6)8 + 19 + (2d8)10 = 37
    2: 18 + 15-5 = 28 ; (2d6)7 + 19 + (2d8)11 = 37

OA/Cleave: roll 1
    Arcivus closes on the wyrmling to Kyle's left (number 2) and pulls back for a swing. Before the first blow is landed, Kyle quickly tabs at it, taking advantage of the two on one match-up. He inflicts 51 points of damage as Arcivus comes hammering down.

The first swing opens up a huge gash on the neck of the beast, but it surprisingly still stands. The second swing finally takes it down. The body drops lifelessly and somewhat dims in color, to almost a dull black. The other wyrmlings look on in disbelief as they yell out in their strange tongue:

Sister! No! We will avenge you!

Remember that only Dr. Nimm and Xavier understand their words. You all also seem to feel the ground slightly tremble. Maybe it is your imagination. Maybe it is just the shifting terrain. It is hard to tell.

The last wyrmling to act looks now upon Arcivus and lets out a blast of green, noxious fumes! A small cone of poison catches Arcivus and Kyle in its wake. They both withstand the brunt of the effect (save), taking only 17 damage each.

Xavier is a good 20 feet away from Arcivus and Kyle at this point, safely out of the range of the breath weapons, with Leena and Reli nearby. Christopher is just a step ahead of them, shield and mace at the ready.

Xavier, go!

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (30)
    Kyle (28): 31 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 4 (16): fleeing, 28 damage
    Dr. Nimm (15)
    Chaos Wyrmling 3 (14)
    Arcivus (7): 63 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 1 (6)
    Xavier (5)
    Christopher (4)

11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Well done my friends."

As my reaction, I manifest Shield if I am the target of an attack.

As my bonus action, I activate Psionic Flight and levitate 10 feet into the air so the terrain does not hinder me.

As my standard action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Mind Thrust, Twinned. Then, I target two chaos wyrmlings.

Attack rolls: 17+12 = 29 on wyrmling 1 and 3+12 = 15 on wyrmling 3.

Damage rolls: 25+6 = 31 on wyrmling 1 and 14+6 = 20 on wyrmling 3.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Well done my friends."

As my bonus action, I activate Psionic Flight and levitate 10 feet into the air so the terrain does not hinder me.

As my standard action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Mind Thrust, Twinned. Then, I target two chaos wyrmlings.

Attack rolls: 17+12 = 29 on wyrmling 1 and 3+12 = 15 on wyrmling 3.

Damage rolls: 25+6 = 31 on wyrmling 1 and 14+6 = 20 on wyrmling 3.
    Xavier's blasts catch one wyrmling (1), but the second (3) sees the ripple of air and ducks down, evading the psionic attack.

Christopher moves forward to join the melee fray.

Christopher: By the light of Pelor!

He goes for the wyrmling opposite Arcivus (3) and hammers down for 22 damage. He then speaks a holy word, casting Healing Word at 5th level, targeting Arcivus for 33 HP.

If I have ever known you, Kyle, I know that you can do better at not getting hit. Don't prove me wrong!

Round 2!

Leena sees the 3 warriors at point and takes the opportunity to chase down the fleeing wyrmling. She takes the Dash action, going by the left side (Arcivus and wyrmling 1). The creature nips at her, inflicting 22 damage! She almost stops in her tracks, but instead eyes Arcivus as if wanting vengeance.

Leena: Take care of that one for me, will ya?

Kyle chuckles, seemingly having missed the camaraderie.

Reli follows suit. He is slightly faster than Leena, so gains a little on more. They travel a total of 35 and 40 feet respectively. The dragon is on the wing, so is pulling away at a greater speed.

Leena: Nimm! The terrain is too rough, we won't be able to catch up! Can you handle it?

Kyle jumps in...

Kyle: I got you, Leena!

... and takes a stab at wyrmling 1 (a near miss!), inflicting an even 50 damage.

Leena: Not bad, short stuff. Keep it up!

Kyle smiles again, almost blushing.

Wyrmling 4 continues on. Now, he is completely out of sight. These little guys are fast. This one covers over 100 feet with his action. Dr. Nimm will have a lot of trouble keeping up.

Speaking of Dr. Nimm... go!

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (30): 22 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 4 (16): fleeing, 28 damage
    Dr. Nimm (15)
    Chaos Wyrmling 3 (14): 22 damage
    Arcivus (7): 30 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 1 (6): 81 damage
    Xavier (5)
    Christopher (4)
    Last edited by DM7581; 2016-09-03 at 01:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403

"Mr. Benson! Return and assist Leena!" (bonus)

I move forward 30 feet and cast forcecage, attempting to entrap the miserable creature.

Even the invisible particles suspended in the air all around us can be manipulated with alchemy, by forcing them into a paper thin sheet of such a dense mass as to be nearly impregnable... As alchemy turns lead to gold, it can turn air into lead!
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2016-09-03 at 02:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Mr. Benson! Return and assist Leena!" (bonus)

I move forward 30 feet and cast forcecage, attempting to entrap the miserable creature.

Even the invisible particles suspended in the air all around us can be manipulated with alchemy, by forcing them into a paper thin sheet of such a dense mass as to be nearly impregnable... As alchemy turns lead to gold, it can turn air into lead!
    Dr. Nimm moves forward 15 feet (rough terrain), but the wyrmling is out of sight.

He takes a second to calculate the precise location of the creature.

Although he is flying in a chaotic pattern the tunnel is only so wide. Adjusting for the wind effects, which is significant, though the creature seems minimally affected... lose of 6 points in altitude added to the forward angle, minus the drop, zig and zag at 36 degrees... yes. I got it!

Out of sight, but not out of mind, Dr. Nimm tosses a mysterious vial far into the darkness. There is a split second of silence as the vial fades into darkness, then a low shattering sound as it seems to have made impact.

Dr. Nimm looks back at everyone in confidence. They look at him with much less. Then a thud is echoed down the hallway, with a slight groan. The creature seems to have been trapped. Everyone's eyes widen in surprise.

Just a regular day for the good doctor.

Dr. Nimm: Please let me know if you are doing the box or the cage and what the dimensions are (up to 20x20 cage or up to 10x10 box). Also note that there is 1500 GP worth of ruby dust required as a material component for this spell. Deduct it (or the GP value and make sure you have more, specifically noted on your sheet, for future castings). This is a powerful spell and the costly component balances it out.

Wyrmling 3, strikes back at Christopher, snapping at him. A strange energy can be seen in its mouth. Similar to residual fire, acid, or the like from a similar dragon (they do extra bite damage), but this seems a dim blackish-purple, though it fluctuates slightly in color similar to the wyrmlings. Arcivus saw it first hand when Leena was bitten, but now is more easily seen with the missed strike. Dr. Nimm is highly intrigued by the substance and is looking back trying to assess Leena's wound.

Speaking of Arcivus. You know what to do!

--

Initiative Order:

Leena (30): 22 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 4 (16): fleeing, 28 damage, trapped in Forcecage
    Dr. Nimm (15)
    Chaos Wyrmling 3 (14): 22 damage
    Arcivus (7): 30 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 1 (6): 81 damage
    Xavier (5)
    Christopher (4)

15. - Top - End - #405

Lol nice.

If the ceiling of the cave is low enough to prevent it jumping over, I use cage. If it is no larger than 10*10 I go with a box.

"Rupert Pompeius! (or Mr. Benson) collect a sample of that substance. I will secure the creature. "

Are we still in combat? If yes, I cast fly and head to the force cage. If not, I just make my way over, ready an action to cast wall of stone sealing off further travel thru the cavern if the creature escapes or another creature tries to approach me from further in.

16. - Top - End - #406

SolithKnightGuy

Leena sees the 3 warriors at point and takes the opportunity to chase down the fleeing wyrmling. She takes the Dash action, going by the left side (Arcivus and wyrmling 1). The creature nips at her, inflicting 22 damage! She almost stops in her tracks, but instead eyes Arcivus as if wanting vengeance.

Leena: Take care of that one for me, will ya?
    Arcivus gives a slight nod to Leena as if confirming the pledge of vengance!

"This was between you and me - Demon!" Arcivus smiles "You better hope Ive ended you before she returns"

and then arcivus (move to a more advantageous position, if any is available) and then strikes!

1) 4+15-5 = 14 ; (2d6)8 +19 (2d8) 11 = 38
    2) 10+15-5 = 20 ; (2d6)10 +19 (2d8)15 = 44

Anger causing his focus to waver on the first hit is corrected by cool resolve!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus gives a slight nod to Leena as if confirming the pledge of vengance!

"This was between you and me - Demon!" Arcivus smiles "You better hope Ive ended you before she returns"

and then arcivus (move to a more advantageous position, if any is available) and then strikes!

1) 4+15-5 = 14 ; (2d6)8 +19 (2d8) 11 = 38
    2) 10+15-5 = 20 ; (2d6)10 +19 (2d8)15 = 44

Anger causing his focus to waver on the first hit is corrected by cool resolve!
    The wyrmling aptly dodges Arcivus' first blow, but the second is on target, Arcivus cleaving the head of the dragon fiend clean off. The last one among them hisses in anger and curses you all.

It would be wyrmling 1, but he is out. Xavier, you go!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lol nice.

If the ceiling of the cave is low enough to prevent it jumping over, I use cage. If it is no larger than 10*10 I go with a box.

"Rupert Pompeius! (or Mr. Benson) collect a sample of that substance. I will secure the creature. "

Are we still in combat? If yes, I cast fly and head to the force cage. If not, I just make my way over, ready an action to cast wall of stone sealing off further travel thru the cavern if the creature escapes or another creature tries to approach me from further in.
    My best Dr. Nimm impression. Or it could be one of the many voices in his head. Either way. We are still in combat, but either Forcecage is an enclosure, so it is simply a preference on bars (cage), or completely sealed in (box). If it has bars, then spells, ranged attacks, and most other effects can pass through. The box is more impenetrable.

19. - Top - End - #409

Cage.......

20. - Top - End - #410

As my standard action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Mind Thrust. Then, I target the chaos wyrmling which is still a threat to us.

Attack roll: 3+12 = 15.

Damage roll: 11+6 = 17.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As my standard action, I activate Psionic Attack Mode: Mind Thrust. Then, I target the chaos wyrmling which is still a threat to us.

Attack roll: 3+12 = 15.

Damage roll: 11+6 = 17.
    You suck. A miss. The wyrmling ducks down again, in renewed confidence despite being outnumbered 8 to 1.

Christopher looks back, as if reminiscing the good 'ol days of the magic missile and fireball flinging Xavier. He steps up to the plate.

Christopher: It sounds like Dr. Nimm has one captured. There is no need to let this vile creature go on in this life, or the next!

A miss! The mace slams heartily into the ground as the wyrmling steps aside, hissing at you. Christopher almost looks back at Xavier, in slight shame, for having judged him, being no better a warrior. As a bonus action, he casts Healing Word at 3rd level, this time on Kyle, for 23 HP.

Leena sees the fiasco.

Leena: Amateurs!

She then fires off 2 arrows at the wyrmling, both hitting for 25 damage. She then has Reli close back in, to assist, giving Kyle advantage on his next strike!

And... a crit! On a sneak. That's bad. The distracted wyrmling looks back at the charging Reli, giving Kyle an opening. He inflicts 98 damage, gutting the hapless creature. It squeals and squirms before falling lifeless, its luminous scales fading in color.

Leena and Kyle nod to one another. That wraps up the combat sequence.

Rupert comes back to Nimm with a pool of bile from the wyrmling. Apparently it does not keep after the creature is dead. The corpses are something to be examined, however...

Christopher: We should see what this creature knows... then put it out of its misery. I fear it is not of this world.

Leena: Now that, I can agree with.

Christopher seemed to say this with some difficulty. Leena, on the other hand... not so much.

Dr. Nimm suspects you are no longer IN your world, considering the terrain. It occurs to you that this passage may be a nexus to a different plane. Fell might have been useful here, but Dr. Nimm casts that sentiment aside. Even his otherworldly nature pales in comparison to Dr. Nimm's sheer knowledge on this subject. Well, on all subjects really.

The wyrmling is struggling in the cage and just tried to blast Dr. Nimm with a cone of fire. Dr Nimm was smart enough to keep away, but the creature is relentless. It stands no chance of breaking out, but the spell only lasts an hour. You wonder if he has the stamina to keep up the ruckus.

Post up some RP. What do you all do?

Leena: 22 damage
    Kyle: 8 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 4: fleeing, 28 damage, trapped in Forcecage
    Dr. Nimm
    Arcivus: 30 damage
    Xavier
    Christopher
    Last edited by DM7581; 2016-09-08 at 03:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412

SolithKnightGuy

You suck. A miss. The wyrmling ducks down again, in renewed confidence despite being outnumbered 8 to 1.

Christopher looks back, as if reminiscing the good 'ol days of the magic missile and fireball flinging Xavier. He steps up to the plate.

Christopher: It sounds like Dr. Nimm has one captured. There is no need to let this vile creature go on in this life, or the next!

A miss! The mace slams heartily into the ground as the wyrmling steps aside, hissing at you. Christopher almost looks back at Xavier, in slight shame, for having judged him, being no better a warrior. As a bonus action, he casts Healing Word at 3rd level, this time on Kyle, for 23 HP.

Leena sees the fiasco.

Leena: Amateurs!

She then fires off 2 arrows at the wyrmling, both hitting for 25 damage. She then has Reli close back in, to assist, giving Kyle advantage on his next strike!

And... a crit! On a sneak. That's bad. The distracted wyrmling looks back at the charging Reli, giving Kyle an opening. He inflicts 98 damage, gutting the hapless creature. It squeals and squirms before falling lifeless, its luminous scales fading in color.

Leena and Kyle nod to one another. That wraps up the combat sequence.

Rupert comes back to Nimm with a pool of bile from the wyrmling. Apparently it does not keep after the creature is dead. The corpses are something to be examined, however...

Christopher: We should see what this creature knows... then put it out of its misery. I fear it is not of this world.

Leena: Now that, I can agree with.

Christopher seemed to say this with some difficulty. Leena, on the other hand... not so much.

Dr. Nimm suspects you are no longer IN your world, considering the terrain. It occurs to you that this passage may be a nexus to a different plane. Fell might have been useful here, but Dr. Nimm casts that sentiment aside. Even his otherworldly nature pales in comparison to Dr. Nimm's sheer knowledge on this subject. Well, on all subjects really.

The wyrmling is struggling in the cage and just tried to blast Dr. Nimm with a cone of fire. Dr Nimm was smart enough to keep away, but the creature is relentless. It stands no chance of breaking out, but the spell only lasts an hour. You wonder if he has the stamina to keep up the ruckus.

Post up some RP. What do you all do?

Leena: 22 damage
    Kyle: 8 damage
    Chaos Wyrmling 4: fleeing, 28 damage, trapped in Forcecage
    Dr. Nimm
    Arcivus: 30 damage
    Xavier
    Christopher
    Arcivus nods to Kyle. His old regard towards the sneaky kind (including Leena) is hour by hour put to shame.
    "my teachers knew nothing" Arcivus shakes his head in regret "if our order is to persist, we need to alter our fixed ways"

And with that brief self realisation Arcivus look up to see Nimm dodging various blasts of the funnylooking dragondeamon.

"My good Dr. while you dodge the wrath of that disgusting creature, you might as well take note of its offence and defense. I have a feeling the patriarch will have similar abilities, but they will hurt more and he will be considerably more angry."

Mumbles to himself on his way to Christopher:
    especially since we persist in making a mockery of the dead

when he is at Christopher:
    "my honored angel, could you bless me with your healing ability. When I ask my deity for healing it takes a lot of energy out of me, and to you it look so easy"
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2016-09-08 at 06:01 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413

"Well done, Rupert. So the bile deactivates when the creature dies." .Dr. Nimm's eyes slowly turn to the captive wyrmling as he grins slyly and produces a syringe.

"Leave this one alive... For science! "

"Most impressive, Kyle. Your might is inversely proportional to your size. I would know."

"Mr. BENSON! Stand guard on the far end of the Force cage. If the creature escapes, prevent or hinder it's escape using Judo protocols 13 through 17 (grapple techniques)."

"Rupert! Stand guard 80 feet further down from Mr. Benson. Use your keen senses while hiding to alert us of anything approaching! "

24. - Top - End - #414

"Give me a moment Dr. Nimm. Allow me to attempt to probe the surviving wyrm's mind for any useful information."

I manifest detect thoughts and probe the wyrm's mind.

Wisdom Save DC 20 against my attempt.

"My friends, once I begin reading its thoughts, it will be a good time to interrogate this creature."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Give me a moment Dr. Nimm. Allow me to attempt to probe the surviving wyrm's mind for any useful information."

I manifest detect thoughts and probe the wyrm's mind.

Wisdom Save DC 20 against my attempt.

"My friends, once I begin reading its thoughts, it will be a good time to interrogate this creature."
    Christopher nods in agreement to Arcivus.

Christopher: Of course friend, though you seem not to be the only one injured. May I (to Leena)?

Leena: It would be appreciated...

Christopher then presents his holy symbol and whispers a sacred prayer. He channels his holy energy, which washes over everyone injured, healing you back to full HP!

Dr. Nimm's minions follow their orders without question, Mr. Benson taking an overly defensive, if exaggerated, stance and Rupert scuttling down the hall way, out of sight.

As Xavier approaches the wild wyrmling, just within range of his effect (to keep away from the many different elements that this creature can spew).

The creatures surface thoughts are random and hateful. Harsh imagery peer into your mind of what it would do to you, if given the chance. The image of it peeling away and feeding off of the flesh of your face strikes you first, followed by heinous acts of it desecrating not just your body, but those of your comrades as well. Unfettered, you attempt to look deeper. The creature locks eyes with you in defiance. A bead of sweat can be seen running down Xavier's temple, then finally, he exhales.

Xavier staggers back. The creature resisted (and ended) the effect. Not only does it have quite the chaotic mind, but quite a strong will too.

Seeing that he "defeated" you, he snickers. In his strange tongue, he follows up:

See something that you liked (laughs)? What do you plan to do with me?

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

(testing, testing 1, 2, 3)

27. - Top - End - #417

Resisting Xavier being an unknown concept, Dr. Nimm inquires as to what Xavier saw.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Bear Ghost... and Titania?

While Bear Ghost hails from a berserker-warrior tribe, Titania hails from a tribe far to the north, within the fabled Doom Blizzard Peaks. An allied tribe to Bear Ghost’s in the past, Titania’s tribe was overrun and conquered when the giants came. Inspired by the aspiring dragon god known only as Chromaticus, they conquered Bear Ghost’s tribe first and then the surrounding tribes as well. Titania was sole daughter to the chieftain and heir to his legacy. She has made it her duty her entire life to defend her people. Powerless against the giants, orcs, and humans comprising the newly grown tribes, Titania was taken as a slave, but also a reminder of what is to become of those who would stand against Numvulk, the troll who rose to leadership and became the new chieftain of the lands.

Titania’s tribe was very close to nature. While also warriors at heart, they shared a special kinship with beasts of the land. The mountain lion was their primary totem animal, and Titania’s companion, Leandro, is a symbol of that bond.

When all was thought to be lost, Bear Ghost returned. Titania had heard of him, having too been the progeny of the chieftain of his tribe, but had never seen him. Though a half-orc, Titania was rather impressed, both with Bear Ghost’s strength and courage. He challenged the chieftain to single combat, for the tribe, in order to return his people to their former glory and to honor the mighty Kord instead of this false Chromaticus, but the combat rules had been violated and Bear Ghost and his companions were shunned by the people. Bear Ghost returned alone to challenge the chieftain once again, only to discovery that he had already been challenged by an unsuspecting elf. The elf, however, revealed himself to be the great wyrm, Garyxkilla (I finally gave the green dragon a name, inspire by Gary Gygax)! The green dragon defeated the troll Numvulk with relative ease (he did leave him alive, however), and locked eyes with Bear Ghost, as if to make it a point for him to know that Bear Ghost’s tribe was now his. He decreed that Tiamat would now be of primary worship and that appropriate sacrifices and tributes wuld then have to be made in her vile name. Before the feasting and ceremonies could commence, Bear Ghost called out to Garyxkilla. While not in line with the customs of the tribe, as the chieftain is not to be challenged but once a week and a new chieftain is granted until the next new moon to be challenged (roughly a month), the green dragon accepted the challenge, finally aiming to put Bear Ghost out of his misery.

This would not be however, for the gods had something different in store for Bear Ghost. The combat arena is a holy circle void of magic, where only might and skill prevail. A storm loomed, however, nspiring great strength in Bear Ghost. Garyxkilla first gained the upper hand, but was eventually overpowered by the might half-orc. Then lightning struck Bear Ghost’s axe, enchanting and transforming it. With his new found power, Bear Ghost defeated the mighty Garyxkilla. The tribe rejoiced. Well, all but the giants, a handful of orcs and humans, and the former chieftain Numvulk and his entourage, who left quietly when the results had been revealed.

Bear Ghost claimed his tribe in the name of Kord, freed Titania, and now seeks to further seek glory in battle.

But terrible dreams haunt both Titania and Bear Ghost. For all that Titania sees in Bear Ghost’s potential, she also sees death. Not his, but those around him, for as a frenzied warrior, Bear Ghost knows death all too well. He means to do well with his gifts, but Titania has grown to fear what the future has in store for him.

Bear Ghost’s visions are equally dreadful. He sees the rise of the undead and the ever expanding cities of man conquering the wylds. He sees his people, and others who choose to follow him, look to him for leadership. To secure their destiny and protect their way of life. The visions are often times gruesome, with spilled blood of the fallen. Sometimes the spilled blood of the innocents. Bear Ghost has started to worry because he slowly has grown indifferent to these dreams. Almost as if he enjoys the slaughter…

Okay newbies, you're up!

29. - Top - End - #419

Dr.Nimm loudly welcomes the barbarians. "Ah! Bear Ghost and uh... You there. Have we met? In any case. Welcome!"

Meanwhile thinking to himself:These grunting brutes again? I hoped to be rid of them, with their pointless shouting, posturing, and pissing contests.

Dr. Nimm smiles kindly at Bear Ghost and Titania.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2016-09-15 at 07:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #420

Resisting Xavier being an unknown concept, Dr. Nimm inquires as to what Xavier saw.
    "Unfortunately, this vile creature's mind is too powerful for me to breach. However, I did see some glimpses of what it would do to us if given the chance. First, I saw an image of it peeling away and feeding off of the flesh of my face. Then, I saw it performing heinous acts of desecration on all of our lifeless bodies. Based on what I have seen, I must conclude we are dealing with pure evil. An evil which must be destroyed."