New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Rob's Epic Level Campaign Continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    "Heh. No biggie?! Unusually witty of you, Archie."
    “Huh?”

Clearly still unaware of his unintentional joke
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2018-10-05 at 07:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    “Huh?”

Clearly still unaware of his unintentional joke
    "Bah. You're hopeless. Living proof of my muscle/intellect theory."
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The giants insist on accompanying you. Even Bear Ghost seems it a good idea. Somewhat as if they are going in his stead.

Yes, giants are brutish, but they are powerful warriors. And for all the confidence you have of having slain gods, the last time you were in the dragon lair, there were scores of white dragons there. Even for all that you have accomplished, you definitely do not feel that you would be able to simply walk in and come out unscathed.

Also, they are packed and might get angry for being uninvited.

You can still un-invite them, but you have a feeling that it may make things more tense than they already are.

--

The fortress fortifications have gone well. You spend time strengthening the weakest points. While more time would have been preferred, you are content with the progress you were able to make. They definitely will be better protected and Bear Ghost is very grateful for your help.

--

Finally, we are officially at 50 pages (again). I will post a new link to a new thread soon.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

4. - Top - End - #1474

"Enough! I tried to avoid bruising these conspicuously large egos. I don't care to dive into caves with two giants at my side, especially ones I've met only yesterday. This is a matter which requires subtlety and insights which this species lacks.

Youre better served using them here in defense, where their girth and potence aids in pitched battle. I'll not travel with swashbuckling giant strangers. Besides, they won't fit on the Skylance, and I'll not slow its engines to their ungainly pace! "
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-10-07 at 09:47 PM.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Enough! I tried to avoid bruising these conspicuously large egos. I don't care to dive into caves with two giants at my side, especially ones I've met only yesterday. This is a matter which requires subtlety and insights which this species lacks.

Youre better served using them here in defense, where their girth and potence aids in pitched battle. I'll not travel with swashbuckling giant strangers. Besides, they won't fit on the Skylance, and I'll not slow its engines to their ungainly pace! "
    "Bear Ghost, although he may be overly blatant, Dr. Nimm's logic is quite sound. We can handle this task ourselves and the giants are best left here in the event your tribe requires protection."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "Bear Ghost, although he may be overly blatant, Dr. Nimm's logic is quite sound. We can handle this task ourselves and the giants are best left here in the event your tribe requires protection."
    Give me some rolls.

Persuasion if you want to be nice about it.
    Intimidation if you want to be a jerk about it.
    Deception if you want to lie about it.
    Or get creative.

Someone (anyone) roll with advantage, as I will assume that you all are using the Help action.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

7. - Top - End - #1477

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Give me some rolls.

Or get creative.

Someone (anyone) roll with advantage, as I will assume that you all are using the Help action.
    Given the nature of Dr Nimm, I will roll neither. It simply is fact.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Given the nature of Dr Nimm, I will roll neither. It simply is fact.
    The roll is just to see if or how badly you piss of the giants. They are evil-aligned after all. You are correct of course. At least Dr. Nimm always believes that he is correct (he usually is, but still).
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

9. - Top - End - #1479

The roll is just to see if or how badly you piss of the giants. They are evil-aligned after all. You are correct of course. At least Dr. Nimm always believes that he is correct (he usually is, but still).
    Im being a jerk about it, so Intimidation 16
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Im being a jerk about it, so Intimidation 16
    So the back and forth occurs with Bear Ghost and the giants in earshot. Independent of who you are talking to, the result is the same.

It looks like a few of the tribal members notice the heated discussion and see what is going on. Bear Ghost tries to act as diplomat (bringing such a diverse tribe is probably a daunting task), and luckily nothing escalates to violence.

Nimm's words do, however, rub the giants the wrong way. They curse in giant and spit at the ground as they storm off, dropping their packed equipment all over the place. Bear Ghost gestures to some of his men and they promptly gather their sacks and provisions and drag them away.

Bear Ghost: Its best you go. Frost Giants are not known for their patience.

He hesitates. Then looks off into the distance, as if in contemplation.

Life must go on. And the unbridled freedom of the wild with it.

I will await your return to see that you are protected.

You sense these words have little to do with the giant having to "get over it" and more with why he is in league with such creatures. A topic no one has brought up, but has been the elephant in the room, so to speak.

Kyle: Yeah, maybe I can hang back to. I don't do well slipping around on the ice. Plus I can catch up here with Bear Ghost.

Bear Ghost nods.

So if you all head out, it will be you all plus Teleroth (and the crew). Again, the mountains are very misty so the ship may not be a safe option. You can fly nearby, but visibility is extremely limited.

Unless you want to convince Kyle to come along.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2018-10-09 at 10:43 AM.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

11. - Top - End - #1481

So the back and forth occurs with Bear Ghost and the giants in earshot. Independent of who you are talking to, the result is the same.

It looks like a few of the tribal members notice the heated discussion and see what is going on. Bear Ghost tries to act as diplomat (bringing such a diverse tribe is probably a daunting task), and luckily nothing escalates to violence.

Nimm's words do, however, rub the giants the wrong way. They curse in giant and spit at the ground as they storm off, dropping their packed equipment all over the place. Bear Ghost gestures to some of his men and they promptly gather their sacks and provisions and drag them away.

Bear Ghost: Its best you go. Frost Giants are not known for their patience.

He hesitates. Then looks off into the distance, as if in contemplation.

Life must go on. And the unbridled freedom of the wild with it.

I will await your return to see that you are protected.

You sense these words have little to do with the giant having to "get over it" and more with why he is in league with such creatures. A topic no one has brought up, but has been the elephant in the room, so to speak.

Kyle: Yeah, maybe I can hang back to. I don't do well slipping around on the ice. Plus I can catch up here with Bear Ghost.

Bear Ghost nods.

So if you all head out, it will be you all plus Teleroth (and the crew). Again, the mountains are very misty so the ship may not be a safe option. You can fly nearby, but visibility is extremely limited.

Unless you want to convince Kyle to come along.
    "Teleroth, will you be joining us on the ground?"
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Teleroth, will you be joining us on the ground?"
    Remember that Teleroth is loathe to reveal himself amongst the more savage races. Actually loathe to reveal himself to most other living beings, but the crew was outside of his control. He has remained on the ship, just outside of the fortress.

Any dialogue with him involves a good 30 minute round trip walk out past the walls, trees, and toward where the ship is docked/landed.

Teleroth: Yes, I suppose. I should be getting back to my keep...

It occurred to me that no one broke the news that it has been obliterated...

Still uncertain of what my father or his followers' next move is...

You are all not sure either, but if all undead authority is now funneling through Orcus, as the last power to grant such power, maybe he is the key to any connection with Teleroth's father returning (Azereus aka The Black Scourge).

At this point, you are less concerned with the father and more concerned with Orcus. If he can be destroyed, then the concept of undeath itself may be destroyed along with him.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

13. - Top - End - #1483

Remember that Teleroth is loathe to reveal himself amongst the more savage races. Actually loathe to reveal himself to most other living beings, but the crew was outside of his control. He has remained on the ship, just outside of the fortress.

Any dialogue with him involves a good 30 minute round trip walk out past the walls, trees, and toward where the ship is docked/landed.

Teleroth: Yes, I suppose. I should be getting back to my keep...

It occurred to me that no one broke the news that it has been obliterated...

Still uncertain of what my father or his followers' next move is...

You are all not sure either, but if all undead authority is now funneling through Orcus, as the last power to grant such power, maybe he is the key to any connection with Teleroth's father returning (Azereus aka The Black Scourge).

At this point, you are less concerned with the father and more concerned with Orcus. If he can be destroyed, then the concept of undeath itself may be destroyed along with him.
    OOC: I'd assumed he would just rebuild the keep with his superpowers.

I take Teleroth to my cabin privately. "Your keep was destroyed. I too, lost my laboratory. I propose that we jointly rebuild a grand Fortress of Arts. Furthermore, if you teach me the procedure for creating undead, we can quickly raise a work force.

"I would like to restore Xaviers magic first. It will only add to our resources. Will you accompany us?"
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

OOC: I'd assumed he would just rebuild the keep with his superpowers.

I take Teleroth to my cabin privately. "Your keep was destroyed. I too, lost my laboratory. I propose that we jointly rebuild a grand Fortress of Arts. Furthermore, if you teach me the procedure for creating undead, we can quickly raise a work force.

"I would like to restore Xaviers magic first. It will only add to our resources. Will you accompany us?"
    As an undead lich, he does not seem too much in a rush to do anything. Maybe its the sheer amount of time he has existed, but he does not seem to share the same sense of urgency as his living counterparts.

Teleroth: Of course and that would be a splendid idea. The idea of hosting mortals for too long a time may make it difficult for the minions I keep, however, considering their... nature. It took me many years to fortify that last location. Maybe I should seek some place even more remote...

Indeed, the ghouls, although loyal, always gave you uncomfortable looks. As if you might taste good. They are the least powerful of the intelligent undead he keeps, so some of the stronger minions may not be so easy to keep reign of if his lair is made to host for a lengthy period of time.

Unless you want to drop the immediate concerns, it may be better off for Teleroth to head off and start his own lair again. He will accompany you all here, but you sense he is not one to wander among the living for too long a time.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

15. - Top - End - #1485

As an undead lich, he does not seem too much in a rush to do anything. Maybe its the sheer amount of time he has existed, but he does not seem to share the same sense of urgency as his living counterparts.

Teleroth: Of course and that would be a splendid idea. The idea of hosting mortals for too long a time may make it difficult for the minions I keep, however, considering their... nature. It took me many years to fortify that last location. Maybe I should seek some place even more remote...

Indeed, the ghouls, although loyal, always gave you uncomfortable looks. As if you might taste good. They are the least powerful of the intelligent undead he keeps, so some of the stronger minions may not be so easy to keep reign of if his lair is made to host for a lengthy period of time.

Unless you want to drop the immediate concerns, it may be better off for Teleroth to head off and start his own lair again. He will accompany you all here, but you sense he is not one to wander among the living for too long a time.
    "Matter is the stock in trade of alchemists. You will have a bigger and better fortress in half the time. And Orcus is gonna pay for it, believe me.

"But seriously... We can keep the undead separate from the living in a number of ways. A system of locks, separate entrances, magical or holy wards... Guards on rotation. We can discuss it further when the time comes. There isn't a problem that cannot be overcome with ingenuity, my friend. "
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

16. - Top - End - #1486

SolithKnightGuy

"I'm sure we could use your help, and if you aren't in a rush, I would like for you to come along. I dont know why fate has brought us together, but I'm sure that there's a reason. I would like to get a better understanding of what you are, and why you are here"
    He smile at Nimm
    "And unlike the good Dr, I can be polite, even toward people I differ from, and don't necessarily understand."
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

17. - Top - End - #1487

"I'm sure we could use your help, and if you aren't in a rush, I would like for you to come along. I dont know why fate has brought us together, but I'm sure that there's a reason. I would like to get a better understanding of what you are, and why you are here"
    He smile at Nimm
    "And unlike the good Dr, I can be polite, even toward people I differ from, and don't necessarily understand."
    "Bah! Civility is a waste of time. Only ideas matter."
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

He smile at Nimm
    Teleroth nods.

Teleroth: I appreciate your candor. Since i discovered that my father had taken to the dark arts with the intent to wipe out all life, i have taken it upon myself to see him stopped. While death is a necessary part of life, the pursuit of death alone is fruitless.

He rubs his holy symbol -- one of Wee Jas, goddes of death and magic.

While becoming a lich, to some, is considered to be unspeakably evil (he scoffs as he says this), to me it was a means to an end. Yes, it granted me limited immortality, but for the greater good... or at least (he seems to look down at his hands, which are mostly skeletal, with only bits of old, dried flesh intact) I would think.

Enough idle chatter. Are we ready to depart?

He seems to have made a great sacrifice in pursuit of his quest. Now it seems that even he doubts whether it was worth the effort.

Anything from Xavier? Been quiet.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Barbarian in the Playground

Give me some rolls.

Or get creative.

I change my psychic focus to Mantle of Joy, granting me advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks.

My rolls were 12 and 19.

20. - Top - End - #1490

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    I change my psychic focus to Mantle of Joy
    OOC: sounds gay. No wonder you want to go back to magic rofl.

KIDDING!
    Show

-Fort Knox safe