New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Ruin IC: Where demons dwell

Sumner Kesh
    Sumner thinks for a moment, trying to place the country of Cadralan in his mental map of the world.
    "What, then, is the price of passage?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

The man rubs his chin. I'm not sure. Money would be no good, as you don't have any. Service probably. I'm guessing since you've got a religious fanatic in your midst, he says pointing at Kaleff, you wouldn't be interested in permanent service... his eyes light up, and he grins an evil grin. Actually, I've just thought of something, a little service that we need someone who doesn't serve Anarazel to do for us. Of course, I'm not in charge of the portal, but I could take you to see my superior. He chuckles. Hey six-fingers, you know that Anarazel met Imshaeroth once? Imshaeroth rewarded him for killing one of Imshaeroth's enemies. He laughs again. Someone I think you'd all know, being Davethrans. You guys ought to be worship Anarazel for what he did for you! And apparently, the Elder God broke the Seal of Destiny of one of his friends, which created a parallel dimension, our dimension, and the old one was destroyed ten years ago. Only Anarazel and a few others escaped it, and came here to take over the places they ruled in the other world. You know, in the last ten years most of the rulers of Osira have actually been assassinated and replaced by their duplicates from the old timestream. Bet you didn't know that! He sighs. Although since you guys probably don't even know who rules Osira, I doubt any of you care. And you probably don't even believe this crazy story. Hey, I don't believe it. He sighs again, and looks at the brand on his hand. His earlier mirth seems to have been replaced by melancholy.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Sumner's face takes on a solid, stony cast, but his tone is quite civil as he asks
    "A point of curiosity; who ruled in Old Davethra in this other dimension that was destroyed?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

The man snorts. You're assuming that it isn't all the ravings of Anarazel's demonic mind. He claims that he used to be a human, and not just any. He claims that he used to be Thalgor Darkblood, God-Emperor of the Kumari, you know, the one that killed Gothul. I mean, pick anyone to claim you used to be, and you choose a God, who is still alive in the Kumari God's home today?
    He sighs again, and spits on the brand on his hand. I have no idea who is supposed to have ruled Davethra in this alternate-world fantasy of his. You'd have to ask one of his high priestesses, they talk to him regularly about this kind of thing. And getting anywhere near them is not a good idea, especially for someone who doesn't believe his crazy stories.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-06-27 at 05:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Sumner tilts his head to one side.
    "I take it, then, that you follow him because he is powerful, and for no other reason?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Khorik ponders silently during the conversation. He grew up worshiping the bottle and the blade more than anything. Though he has attempted to emulate the Davathrans of old, he never put much thought into the divine. Even abstract ideas such as personal honor never really crossed his mind until speaking to Sumner. His mind wanders until he hears the theory of multiple versions from different dimensions.

"An interesting tale, this Anarazel tells. I'd be interested in hearing more, both of his story and how we can be of service. No offense, but this land brings me little comfort and I think I prefer my own, no matter what time we end up in."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Draven regarded the man on the horse suspiciously.

"Just what is this 'job'? And how do we know your supervisor will send us home if we do it? Besides, how do we know someone else isn't already on it? Shouldn't we meet with him first?"
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Kali Meliamne - Wild-Elf Monk with a disdain for injustice, clothing.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, yeah, I'll take you to meet him. The job I'm thinking about is in Osira, in the city-state of Ziggurat to be precise, so he'll have to let you back through. He sighs. And in answer to your question, boy, he says to Sumner, I follow him because he rules our country and kills any who opposes him. He snorts derisively. Which is a lot better than the Sorcerers who used to rule us, who'd just kill people for fun.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-06-28 at 05:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ismal

Ismal completes the man's thoughts in Draven's head.

And still do, from time to time.

Who do we have to thank for this guidance, o living man in hell? What is your name, and your role in this great machine?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

My name is Veja Kel, replies the man, and I'm an emissary, you know, I go and visit other rulers on Anarazel's behalf to carry them messages. Which is better than grubbing in the mud like my father and his father and so onback to when the Sorcerers first conquered our land.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Sumner nods, warily. But his mind is turning over the man's statement about his loyalties. Sumner follows behind Veja Kel, and asks "Is it far?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

On foot, it'll take about a day, the man replies. His lizard-like mount peers stupidly at the Davethran boy. Will you come then?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Sumner glances at his companions, his grey eyes reserved.
    Straightening up, the youth returns his gaze to Veja Kel.
    "Yes, I will follow." He shoulders the gory battleaxe and hikes up the 'acquired' trousers, preparing to follow the mounted man.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Draven shrugged.

"Why not?" After all, what have we got to lose?
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ismal

I'm guessing that 'Our values, our lives and our immortal souls' is not the answer you're looking for, right?

Very well. Someone has to keep you lot out of trouble.

Ismal steps up next to Draven.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

16. - Top - End - #196
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kaleff Nefud

Ignoring the antagonistic tone of demon's vassal, Kaleff nodds reasonably. "I have no problem working toward your lord's purpose, if it coincides with that of the Grey One. I would gladly be the instrument to send souls to him for judgement, if it is their time they must go, if not, nothing can harm them." Shrugging Kaleff bows his head slightly, "I will also see your master, if for no other reason than to meet another who has looked upon the face of Imshaeroth and been spared." Again, his hand goes to the hollow of his throat, grasping only air once again.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

The man looks at him, like you'd look at a talking dog or a flying pig, something strange. Right, he says slowly, okay. But I'm just taking you to see my boss, not Anarazel himself. He'd probably kill you for fun.
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-06-30 at 07:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Khorik steps up near Veja.

"Would you or your boss be able to supply us with some equipment? We entered this realm with nothing and, if we're expected to accomplish some task, we need equipment that matches our abilities. Can this be provided?"
    Last edited by Lot; 2007-07-01 at 11:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Draven nodded, thinking.

We will have to be very careful about what we agree to do in this place... But I think sabotaging one demon to help another is a bit like killing to save a life. They sorta cancel each other out.
    Runa Redgrave

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

The man glances at Hern, and chuckles. If you have any money you can buy stuff from the market outside the city.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ismal

The sorcerer smiles.

What kind of market is there in Hell - bakers and butchers rubbing shoulders with necromancers and sellers of souls?

Or do you need bakers - do you eat, Veja?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

He shakes his head. Living humans don't need to eat in Goramesh, neither do dead ones. The Demons eat though.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Hern walks off down the road, not looking back, but the rest of you start to head back towards the mountains following Veja Kul. Thankfully you have shoes now, so the obsidian is not so hard on your feet, though you'd prefer if you had shoes which actually fit properly now.
    Veja has his mount travel at a slow walk so you can keep up with it. It truly is a strange beast, like some giant lizard, but without spines, and with extremely powerful muscles in its thighs, indicators that it could run at great speed if necessary. The skin is reddish, but more purple on the underbelly, and the eyes are large and black, burnished mirrors that reflect your visages in oddly distorting ways.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Walking a silence for a time, Sumner appears to be brooding deep in thought. The effect is somewhat incongruous with his youth.

After some minutes, however, the young warrior clears his throat and addresses the group's erstwhile guide,
    "Tell me, does your master have any connection or dealings with Ravan Zere of Davethra?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Who? Veja shakes his head, then pauses. Oh, wait, I know who you mean. Not as far as I know. I doubt it though, Ravan hasn't got anything Anarazel wants that he'd be willing to give.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

You carry on down the road towards the mountains. You walk for about 6 hours, passing several small guard towers. Veja waves the brand on his hand and they let you pass. Eventually Veja calls a halt outside a small abandoned hut. You don't need to eat here, but we will need to sleep. You can see, nestled at the bottom of the now not-so-distant mountains, something that might be a town, though it's still very far away,
    Last edited by Ozzy_G; 2007-07-03 at 09:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Sumner nods and takes a few minutes to take a closer look at the terrain, pacing around the abandoned hut, and a little ways around the perimeter of the road.
    (OOC: Everything still made of obsidian here?)

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

The terrain hasn't changed much, the flat obsidian road still going through a great plain of bones, both human and demonic.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Draven nodded, walking into the hut and leaning his huge club against a wall.

"Well, I've slept in worse."

He looked at Ismal.

I don't think I've been homesick ever before in my life, but right now, I've gotta say - I miss your appartment in Ralm.
    Runa Redgrave

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ismal

Ismal nods slightly.

Mmm. Warm bed. Cold drinks. Servants. Yup. Sounds pretty good right now.